Lions v Melbourne Rebels - Tue 25th of June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lions v Melbourne Rebels - Tue 25th of June

New to this forum, regular on Green and Gold but thought I would put the invite out their. Anyone drinking on Swan St before the game pop down to the Post Office pub. Decent pints and a few of us go there before all Rebels games and will be down there from about 3pm for warm up pints.
    Every Dog has it's Day

Just for those who are in Melbourne the whole week.

Tuesday - Lions v Rebels

Wednesday night -

Times & Locations for Sportsbet.com.au test.

Albert Park ( Free Entry )

5:30 - 6:30 Legends captain run

6:00 –7:00 Melbourne Rebels appearance

6:30 - 6:45 Music Starts ( interviews with legends/Rebels Pitch Side)

6:45 - 8:15 Sportsbet lions Vs Melbourne Wallabies (Pitch 1)

Sportsbet lions Vs Hammersmith & Fulham Rugby Football Club ( Pitch 2)

Star Bar South Melbourne ( $ 10 Dollar Entrance Fee )

9:00 -9:30 Speeches

11:00 –11:15 Raffle

9:30-12:30 Bad Penguins Live performance

Thursday night is the Classic Wallabies v Classic Lions

Friday night off rugby and Saturday is the test match.
    Every Dog has it's Day

Comment

Welcome to the forum Kevino.

Comment

Wish I was there...

Comment

Lions team to play Rebels

Kearney
          Maitland
          Tuilagi
          Barritt
          Zebo
          Farrell
          Murray
          Grant
          Hibbard
          Cole
          Gray
          Parling (c)
          Lydiate
          O Brien
          Faletau
          "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Lions team to play Rebels

Kearney
            Maitland
            Tuilagi
            Barritt
            Zebo
            Farrell
            Murray
            Grant
            Hibbard
            Cole
            Gray
            Parling (c)
            Lydiate
            O Brien
            Faletau

Bench Best, Mako , Stevens, Evans,Tipuric, YoungsB , Twelvetrees & Hogg

interesting selection.
            "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Grant might be in line for a call-up to the Test squad

Comment

Wouldn't be so sure AD...he played poorly enough in other game v Brumbies...even though he's had an impressive season.

Bowe must be looking good for Melbourne test 23 on sat.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
                  Wouldn't be so sure AD...he played poorly enough in other game v Brumbies...even though he's had an impressive season.

Bowe must be looking good for Melbourne test 23 on sat.
                  after Vunipola's struggle in the scrum though on Sat he might especially as it looks like he is playing with the reserve front row....

Comment

At least it's a bona fide second team, after the nothing-to-gain everything-to-lose shambles against the Brumbies.

Comment

The RaboDirect Rebels to play The British & Irish Lions at AAMI Park, Tuesday June 25, My quick notes on the players in brackets, Ammi park is very similar stadium to Thormond Park and always has a electric atmosphere, can't wait for this one being a full house.

1. Nic Henderson (Very weak in the scrum, pretty good around the park)
                      2. Ged Robinson (Good hooker, his second last game for the Rebels before he returns to NZ)
                      3. Laurie Weeks (Solid prop, nothing special)
                      4. Cadeyrn Neville (Good work rate, would have started Jones though.)
                      5. Hugh Pyle (Biggest danger man, should be starting for the Wallabies already. Great in the line out and has 5 trys this season)
                      6. Jarrod Saffy (Really solid forward, makes a lot of tackles nd pretty good ball carrier)
                      7. Scott Fuglistaller (Not the best 7 in Australia, but his work rate is always good)
                      8. Gareth Delve (c) (Having a quiet season, but will be fired up for this one, he is a Walsh international)
                      9. Luke Burgess (Just back from France, should not be starting this game)
                      10. Bryce Hegarty (Does the basics right, very fresh. Only played a handfull of games but did get 2 wins with him at 10)
                      11. Lachlan Mitchell (Very hard worker, but not really going to be a big threat)
                      12. Rory Sidey (Big crash baller, average passing game)
                      13. Mitch Inman (Looking forward to Mitch v Tuilagi, both big hard hitting runners. Mitch has been in good form lately)
                      14. Tom English (A good young winger who has made a real impact since he got a shot this season)
                      15. Jason Woodward (The Kiwi that got away, this guy does some amazing stuff and some stupid stuff. Keep an eye out a future Wallabie or All Black)

16. Pat Leafa
                      17. Cruze Ah Nau
                      18. Paul Alo-Emile (Good ball runner)
                      19. Luke Jones (Should be starting, great work rate and is really looking the goods for the future)
                      20. Jordy Reid (The guy with the dreads, big hitter and could make a impact on some tired players that they will remember)
                      21. Nic Stirzaker (Good young fly half, foxy red hair that he is even nick named the ginger by the Rebels fans)
                      22. Angus Roberts (Who knows what will happen with this guy, so Hot and Cold)
                      23. Cooper Vuna (Hard hitting winger, had a quite year but will want to make a impact when he comes on.

Every Dog has it's Day

Comment

Disappointed to see O'Brien starting, I was hoping he would be in the test team next weekend.

Comment

Starting Tuesday doesn't rule you out of the Saturday game. Luke Fitzgerald made that jump 4 years ago. It was also rumoured that Nathan Hines would have been in the test team but for his ban.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                            Starting Tuesday doesn't rule you out of the Saturday game. Luke Fitzgerald made that jump 4 years ago. It was also rumoured that Nathan Hines would have been in the test team but for his ban.
                            The exception that proves the rule, barring injuries Gats will stick to his guns, pity for Zebo and SOB, Best dropped to bench for dirttrackers from captaining it last week, might aswell have a few beers and kick back by the pool
                            My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

If Bowe is fit he will be in the 15 on Saturday, Cuthbert won't be on the bench then, so it should be a shoot out between Zebo or Tuilagi in for Maitland @ 23 but SOB has to be a better addition to the bench, this is definitely where the fringe Irish are losing out by having no voice in the selection group. Ian Evans only bench again, he hasn't had much game time by my recollection.

Comment

Working...
                              X