No announcement yet.

Zebo the Lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since SZ is up as 'cover' does that mean we won't get to see him in the Lions jersey??

Comment

If you've just been called up to tour with the Lions the last thing you want to do is turn an ankle or pop a shoulder against the US.

He was awful last night, but he was obviously on the plane already.

Good luck Zebo, should have gone in the first place.
      To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
        Have a feeling some of these replacements are in with a test 23 shout. considering Hogg looked jittery at times yesterday under pressure, not helped by Cuthbert, this next match for him could decide the test bench make up. Maitland has a big game coming up and Cuthbert seems to be having a chance to redeem himself immediately (against weak opposition). If those guys don't shine Zebo has a real chance and bench could be Farrell and him covering most positions. Corbisero is another with a shot at test squad place.
        I agree with all of this except I think it gives Zebo a great chance of making the starting lineup for the tests, not just the bench.

Comment

Hope he gets an opportunity to shine there!

Comment

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
            If you've just been called up to tour with the Lions the last thing you want to do is turn an ankle or pop a shoulder against the US.

He was awful last night, but he was obviously on the plane already.

Good luck Zebo, should have gone in the first place.
            Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
            hopefully he's puts more effort into it then he did last night.
            considering effort hasn't been an issue I think it's fair to say he was looking at the plane - bugger of a position to be in there, he probably shouldn't have played. Gatland wouldn't have been impressed by him taking any risks considering he'd have had to have found another player to call.
            \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Henceforth he shall be known as Zimba!!
              Mumha Abu

Comment

Originally posted by deltared View Post
                Henceforth he shall be known as Zimba!!
                He may become the next Keith Earls

Comment

Originally posted by The Spoofer View Post
                  He may become the next Keith Earls
                  Lets hope he doesn't become the next Luke Fitz.

I reckon the next Jonah Lomu.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
                    considering effort hasn't been an issue I think it's fair to say he was looking at the plane - bugger of a position to be in there, he probably shouldn't have played. Gatland wouldn't have been impressed by him taking any risks considering he'd have had to have found another player to call.
                    Ya, god forbid a guy would even pretend to be interested when representing their country.
                    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Zebo didn't know he was in the squad until after the game. Mick Kearney told him in the dressing room after. Tough to excel in such a crappy game with no ball. He didn't look particularly like he wanted to be there though given his lack of industry or showing around the field.

Comment

Great opportunity to get some top class coaching.

Comment

Delighted for the guy, should arguably have been in the initial squad. Was poor against the US but few covered themselves in glory and he probably had a bit of a inkling having no doubt seen Bowe injure himself.

Comment

Apparently Zebo's phone was broken so he didn't find out abuot the call-up until after the match as the B&I mgmt had to call mick Kearney to get the message to him.
                            BTW the phone was broken because he jumped into a swimming pool with it. Bet there'll be a pit stop in Ireland to get a replacement before he gets to Oz .. I suspect his family got a rather urgent call from him with a list of stuff he needs for Australia. The Hermitage Green boys were tweeting him the minute the news broke that he'd been called up .. what odds they'll be brought into the Lions camp for a private show now that future brother in law has been added to the squad.
                            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                              Great opportunity to get some top class coaching.
                              Not from Andy Farrell anyway. He'll get better coaching under Schmidt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                                Not from Andy Farrell anyway. He'll get better coaching under Schmidt.
                                Might not get top class opposition to play against either. Great for him as an exposure to the upper levels of the game though and touring and training with the best
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X