No announcement yet.

Qld & NSW Combined Country v Lions , Newcastle 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finish on a try but even Sky seem to have lost the fact the match is 80 mins playing time, they've got a red clock on 79 mins.
    \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

I really have my doubts about this Lions squad. 2001 Lions level would have put the 100 on these guys. I'm less convinced than ever that the Lions can win a series here.
      \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Some lads really didnt play well at all. Snce before half time lads seem to be taking too much out of the ball as usual when your that far ahead.
        Walsh has been good to the home side. He didnt give them a hard time when they were losing the scrum and didnt give a yellow for the large number of penalties.
        North looked great
        Maitland looks to be making a burst to get into the 23.
        Best? Throws and why did he break on his own from that maul?
        Hogg has had a good game at ten but its been an armchair ride with good ball.
        You would have expected the Lions to push on after the great start against a poor side.
        Lets hope they haven't suffered any more injuries in it.
        When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
          eh, siren goes at 78:30 on clock, what's that about?
          Siren went on 80 mins on the aussie coverage EO. I was watchin FoxSports or one of them and it went to 80
          I am the million man.

Comment

OK

Good

Maitland (could have played himself into a test wing slot)

Decent
            SOB
            Tipuric
            Murray
            BOD
            Corbisero
            Cole
            Gray
            AWJ
            Heaslip
            Hogg (first half very good, second half lost interest)
            Halfp

OK
            Evans
            Cuthbert
            Hibbard

Should be worried
            Faletau
            Grant
            Best
            Stevens
            Davies
            Robert (though will be fine for selection he really didn't shine)

Comment

To give them credit QNSW pack stood up and gave it a go, and worryingly their scrum improved noticeably in the second half

Comment

Heaslip was ****e.

(didnt see the game but thought I'd get it in first)

Comment

Waching in work with the sound off but it looked to me like the Lions players were overly concerned with making a good impression on the selectors and maybe were trying a bit too hard. One or two passes should have been given perhaps and more patience required I think.
                  "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Corbisero. He was bending in half on the engage in the second half. Fat Matt was no better.

BOD had a stinker of a second half, lads, let's be honest. The hopeful grubber may put a gloss on it, but the last quarter was as poor a 20 minutes as he's played. Passing it to Murray who has men all over him instead of going himself two yards from the line and safely in from touch was just bizarre.

They are being coached to ruck to, but not beyond, the ball: they are stopping at it. It's slowing everything up. And there are major timing issues in the lineout, and I'm starting to think it's more the lift than the throw.
                    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spoofer View Post
                      Heaslip was ****e.

(didnt see the game but thought I'd get it in first)
                      He wasnt actually! he'd a good game, I thought of the 3 backrowers that Seanie was the most impressive, as did the Aussie commentators I was listening to. Heaslip and Faletau were, grand, didnt do anything to really stamp authority and had a few fluck ups here and there. O'Brien looked like he was playing in a senior cup game, he knew he could plough throught the vast majority of tackles and proceeded to do so. His hands have become incredible! dinks and pops all over the place.
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Think you're being generous to AWJ there EO.
                        Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                          Corbisero. He was bending in half on the engage in the second half. Fat Matt was no better.

BOD had a stinker of a second half, lads, let's be honest. The hopeful grubber may put a gloss on it, but the last quarter was as poor a 20 minutes as he's played. Passing it to Murray who has men all over him instead of going himself two yards from the line and safely in from touch was just bizarre.

They are being coached to ruck to, but not beyond, the ball: they are stopping at it. It's slowing everything up. And there are major timing issues in the lineout, and I'm starting to think it's more the lift than the throw.
                          BOD for me made some mistakes but at least kept trying, some of them were way too taking it for granted.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks there's something fundamentally wrong with that lineout - it's not matching up between the units.

Ruck comment is interesting because noticeable first try came when SOB went beyond Tipuric and cleared the path completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            He wasnt actually! he'd a good game, I thought of the 3 backrowers that Seanie was the most impressive, as did the Aussie commentators I was listening to. Heaslip and Faletau were, grand, didnt do anything to really stamp authority and had a few fluck ups here and there. O'Brien looked like he was playing in a senior cup game, he knew he could plough throught the vast majority of tackles and proceeded to do so. His hands have become incredible! dinks and pops all over the place.
                            Would agree, although think Faletau didn't do anything when came on at a point where his power should have kicked in a bit more.

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                            Think you're being generous to AWJ there EO.
                            Didn't think he was bad, Gray was better but had longer but AWJ did a decent enough job as well.

Comment

BTW: Ian Evans was very anonymous, again. He's having a poor tour. And AWJ may well be playing himself off the test team.
                              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

I cant see Fatland showing his full hand tactically against the weakest opposition of the whole tour. He will have them rucking to the ends of the earth before this trip is over.

That was a glorified training session, and they seemed to realise it. On the flip side, how much store would Fatland put into a game like that? O'Brien for example, has he played himself into contention after pounding his way through a few amateurs?
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X