Qld & NSW Combined Country v Lions , Newcastle 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh jesus Halfpenny
    The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
    Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
      knock on to get the ball in the first place then knock on over the line as well, not way a try but Hogg just stood and watched the guy, play to the whistle - the Lions are starting to show signs they're taking this for granted, that's one reason they haven't racked up the 80+ they should have by now.
      They dont care EO, all those 15 lads out there are thinking about is the first test, this game was over as a contest after about 5 minutes and they're going through the motions and ensuring they dont get injured ahead of the good stuff.

Nobody will remember this game for anything in a few short months.
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
        Ah Rory
        there is something worryingly wrong with the Lions lineout on this tour, too many of the throws that get taken are at stretch and not stretching upwards either. This was supposed to be an area of dominance but co-ordination between the units is missing. scrum dominance from first half has gone as well. Set piece dominance the Lions are supposed to enjoy aint there and you have to worry about it now.
        \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

I dunno whether its a good thing or a bad thing Murray has been on so long.
          I am the million man.

Comment

Jesus the Welsh contingent generally not playing well apart from North earlier
            The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
            Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Aussie commentators really impressed by SOB

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                They dont care EO, all those 15 lads out there are thinking about is the first test, this game was over as a contest after about 5 minutes and they're going through the motions and ensuring they dont get injured ahead of the good stuff.

Nobody will remember this game for anything in a few short months.
                I suspect the coaches will because some of these guys, like Davies for a start, are playing themselves out of contention if they can't get their arse in gear and finish off a side like a good Lions team would have done. If that is the mentality going on then I suspect Australia could really bust these guys when the pressure comes on.
                \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

**** me Phillips pass was dire, good work from AWJ but BOD not in this time, can't see it being given. Some of these Lions guys have blown it today, especially the replacements.

Comment

19 points in 40 minutes of rugby against a team with an amateur standard back line is not good

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
                      I suspect the coaches will because some of these guys, like Davies for a start, are playing themselves out of contention if they can't get their arse in gear and finish off a side like a good Lions team would have done. If that is the mentality going on then I suspect Australia could really bust these guys when the pressure comes on.
                      There's a yawning gaping chasm between levels. Its an awful lot easier to get up and maintain test intensity in a test.
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Lineout taken but yet again the man is reaching inside for it and taking it from across - I'm not convinced by Lions lineout now, there is definitely a difference between where the hookers are hitting and where the jumper is going.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          There's a yawning gaping chasm between levels. Its an awful lot easier to get up and maintain test intensity in a test.
                          None of these guys have won a series in SH and you'd ask the question about if you haven't got the killer mentality for a match like this do you have the ability to switch it on and off that easily.

Comment

Credit to BOD and Mailtand they've maintained their standards throughout the match.

Comment

eh, siren goes at 78:30 on clock, what's that about?

Comment

Skxuses starting to flow already.

Comment

Working...
                                X