Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully Very Few Irish Lions This Year :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diarm View Post
    These comments are bandied about as though the Lions isn't an established part of rugby, as though it's something temporary.
    All the same arguments could be made by a Munster fan about the international game

The players aspire to play for their clubs, then their country, then the lions.
    We as supporters support the teams we choose to.
    We don't get to decide what teams and competitions the players play in.

If we don't enjoy it, we don't have to watch it. But unless we complain about Shannon players suffering injury while playing for Munster, or Munster players getting injured for Ireland, we can't be taken seriously when complaining about Irish players getting injured on or after a Lions tour.
    Unless of course one felt that the players were not receiving a good enough duty of care when on a Lions tour, &/or perhaps that the coach was putting a short term tour win over their health& well being, &/or perhaps that dirt tracker sides were full of psycho numpties mostly out to injure Lions players & make a name themselves e.g. Duncan McRae, &/or perhaps that it is an overly long, exhausting tour, on hard dirt tracked dangerous pitches, versus some injury giving journeymen, with coaches (& docs) chasing exclusively short term goals, at the expense player welfare when the players are actually all played out and really need about 4 weeks off & a proper pre season to get them right to play for their province & country effectively the following season. Yes, that just might be it!! :-)

p.s. apologies RHH, I broke my promise... again.

p.p.s. where are you RHH?? I'm missing your observations on the new Ireland.
    Last edited by Daithi; 17-November-2014, 14:35.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

I'd love to see Felix become the first Lion from Seapoint RFC.
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
        I'd love to see Felix become the first Lion from Seapoint RFC.
        I would prefer Felix to become the first Seapoing rfc player to win the European Cup with Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
          I would prefer Felix to become the first Seapoing rfc player to win the European Cup with Munster.
          May the two tango.
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
            Unless of course one felt that the players were not receiving a good enough duty of care when on a Lions tour, &/or perhaps that the coach was putting a short term tour win over their health& well being, &/or perhaps that dirt tracker sides were full of psycho numpties mostly out to injure Lions players & make a name themselves e.g. Duncan McRae, &/or perhaps that it is an overly long, exhausting tour, on hard dirt tracked dangerous pitches, versus some injury giving journeymen, with coaches (& docs) chasing exclusively short term goals, at the expense player welfare when the players are actually all played out and really need about 4 weeks off & a proper pre season to get them right to play for their province & country effectively the following season. Yes, that just might be it!! :-)

p.s. apologies RHH, I broke my promise... again.

p.p.s. where are you RHH?? I'm missing your observations on the new Ireland.
            Very easy to keep your promise Daithi, just don't look at the thread.

Bit of a coincidence that your sudden and very temporary burst of resolve coincided with you being caught spoofing, though.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
              Well, yeah, but the Lions aren't going anywhere so long as the players want to play and the unions enjoy the cash.

You're right, they have families to feed. Also, playing in a competitive game is what keeps them in shape. A practice feels is different from a real game.

Comment

Working...
              X