Ian McGeechan to be Knighted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Viigand
    Good stuff..5 chapters into his book now..great read.
    . [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img] Agreed. I'm half way through it and I'd highly recommend it. Not just just his opinions and obs on what happened in his career but his approach to coaching and management is very interesting.
    All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means - you\'re willing to go harder, work longer and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

Originally posted by Benny
      I'm not a lover of these sport-related Knighthoods etc and despise all titles relating to monarchy/aristocracy but what I would say is at least McGeechan did something to achieve this honour which is being bestowed on him by somebody who, of course, just happened to be born in the right family, making this whole thing questionable at best.

The 'New Years Honour list' is drawn up by the UKgovernment. Mind seeing as GB is a scot it's probably a fix anyway.

Ah yeah I know the list is compiled by Her Majesty's Government but the award is presented by QE2 and entitles the recipient to use a title of The British Empire by royal decree.

Agree regarding good old Gordie looking after his own.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

I'm not a lover of these sport-related Knighthoods etc and despise all titles relating to monarchy/aristocracy but what I would say is at least McGeechan did something to achieve this honour which is being bestowed on him by somebody who, of course, just happened to be born in the right family, making this whole thing questionable at best.

The 'New Years Honour list' is drawn up by the UKgovernment. Mind seeing as GB is a scot it's probably a fix anyway.

Ah yeah I know the list is compiled by Her Majesty's Government but the award is presented by QE2 and entitles the recipient to use a title of The British Empire by royal decree.

Agree regarding good old Gordie looking after his own.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Just to nitpick if that's the case then it's QE giving it, there never was a QE1 of Scotland previous to the current one.
        Did you play in the Garden of Eden?
        Were the goalkeeper\'s gloves to you tossed?
        For it seems to me you\'re the reason,
        You\'re the reason why paradise lost.

Comment

I remember one of the lads came up to Wally and said here Wal I got this signed by Ian McGeechan for you. Wally sez, oh I got one myself last night...so back over goes yer man to Geechs again and says can you cross off Wally and write Eric instead....and he did! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
          Con Artist

Comment

Working...
          X