No announcement yet.

Who was the sociopath: BOD, POC or ROG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm living in SA and as far as I can see, the typical white south african guy is quite cocky and arrogant, more so than your typical European. It's a blunt generalisation but it holds fairly true and i'd expect that to be reflected in their national rugby team also.

Comment

Originally posted by bosh12
      Originally posted by Tobyglen

Saffers are ignorant and arrogant pigs in general(except Shaun Payne

and Jean De Villiers[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]), Why would you want to go for drinks with them?

Botha, Du Plessis, Smit, Brussow, Burger, Peter De Villiers, Habana etc,

that's far too many assholes in one room and I wouldn't blame the Lions

for not wanting to associate with some of the thickest human beings on

the planet.

Pure gold.

I take it you have met the aformentioned players, know them

personally, have met and played rugby with South Africans before?
      Go away you Kerry mucer![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

You just keep on showing your class Toby!

Comment

I watched that Chasing the Lions 2. And the Communications Officer, ugly woman with black hair was a real battle axe and extremely rude. Not what you'd expect with Communications Officer. So you'd wonder was that part of it.
          Some say Rugby is a matter of life and death, I say it\'s much more important than that!

Comment

Originally posted by Scubabear
            I watched that Chasing the Lions 2. And the Communications Officer, ugly woman with black hair was a real battle axe and extremely rude. Not what you'd expect with Communications Officer. So you'd wonder was that part of it.

Is she Irish

Comment

This is what Jean de Villiers said about it:

The 28-year-old says a regret that he shares with his South African teammates and captain John Smit was the missed opportunity to mingle with the Lions touring party. "You look at the videos and DVDs about the Lions and you see that the guys who played the tours are friends to this day and sit around the table and have a beer."

A tradition of the home team inviting the opposition in for a post-match drink and chat had developed during the Super 14 and Tri-Nations previous to the Lions tour and the South Africans were hopeful on keeping that going during the series. "You do battle on the field and then invite the guys in", he explains, "have a chat and a drink and look each other in the eye."

"I've talked to Paul [O'Connell] about it and they weren't used to the idea and felt uncomfortable. There was a bit of miscommunication and uneasiness to it so we never go the chance. In fairness, after the third test, our management decided to leave the official function early. If it had been planned better we could have worked something out."
              Free Palestine.

Champions aren\'t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.
              Muhammad Ali

Comment

it's a bit sad alright that they were so caught up in themselves (both sides) during the Lions Tour that there would be bad blood between them now. Nobody will look back on that with any fondness.

Comment

I was at the O2 post match hospitality event in croke park after the australian game and Des Cahill interviewed Paul O'connell and asked him if it was himself who was the "senior Irish player". He didn't deny it and explained that when the offer was made a few of the lads felt uncomfortable about doing it and that they agreed that they would have some drinks after the final test match. He said that this was relayed back to the boks and that there was no further communication about it. He concluded by saying that Smit has a book to sell and said he'd look forward to seeing him on the field of play.

By the way Paul O'Connell, Stephen Ferris, Tommy Bowe and Paddy Wallace all said that the squad have nicknamed Luke fitzgearld "Jedwards Third twin.!" I'd say there's some sneering in the dressing room![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                  Fail to prepare, Prepare to fail!!

Comment

Working...
                  X