Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCloud

Originally posted by blackwarrior
    Was he asked about ROG? Was he ever close to selection for the 2nd test?

Yes he was he refered to Barnes (?) interview with ROG and said that is why ROG was picked for the Lions.
    I think the exact words were that "he wears his heart one his sleeve".
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy
      Originally posted by McCloud

Originally posted by blackwarrior
      Was he asked about ROG? Was he ever close to selection for the 2nd test?

Yes he was he refered to Barnes (?) interview with ROG and said that is why ROG was picked for the Lions.
      I think the exact words were that "he wears his heart one his sleeve".
      In fairness reading between the lines he prob meant his liver, kidneys and a couple of ribs as well.
      "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

It was a night that didn't disappoint.

He was honest enough to agree with one question from the floor that he missed an opportunity to change the front row early on in the first test. He gave a very good analysis of what the team were trying to do to beat the Boks, and how they nearly succeeded. He did give his template for a good Lions team, which was team building and good communication...a subtle swipe at the 2005 set up. He also admitted that they did not handle Keith Earls as well as they should have, in that they allowed him to be overwhelmed by the whole Lions set up. He was adamant that time needs to be given in a Lions year to allow players to get ready and accustomed to each other, and not have some of them going to the southern hemisphere straight after a HC final.

Above all he was an absolute gent and was patient enough to have a word and photo with everyone who waited to have their book signed, and at €12.00 it was a bargin.

Well done to all concerned.
        \"Does he attract trouble? Put it like this, if total and utter trouble was thunder and lightning, he\'d be on top of the highest mountain in a thunderstorm, wearing wet copper armour shouting \'all Gods are b*****ds\'\"

Comment

Greatnight indeed. Geech is a gentleman. Honest and sincere.

"This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
            Ask him has he ever actually won something as a coach? [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Let me guess - you discovered rugby c. 2006.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
            \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

Said that Tomas came into reckoning after performing at 10 in Munster v NZ but he didn't play in that match
              "When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams, this may be madness. To seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness. But maddest of all -- to see life as it is, and not as it should be!"

Comment

Originally posted by Foot Soldier
                Said that Tomas came into reckoning after
                performing at 10 in Munster v NZ but he didn't play in
                <a href="http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/328.php" target="_blank">that
                match</a>
                Well that shows you how good a communicator he is [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
                If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

No, but he may have got mixed up as Tomas played at 10 for the Ospreys game.

Humpty, I actually cannot believe you are saying that Geechs is a poor communicator....lack of respect and knowledge for the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon

No, but he may have got mixed up as
                    Tomas played at 10 for the Ospreys game.

Humpty, I actually cannot believe you are saying that Geechs is a
                    poor communicator....lack of respect and knowledge for the
                    man.
                    Well he did prove it himself with TOL comment, no lack of respect here
                    to Ian, he is a great coach.
                    If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

Laughable

Comment

Originally posted by Humpty Dumpty
                        Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon

No, but he may have got mixed up as

Tomas played at 10 for the Ospreys game.

Humpty, I actually cannot believe you are saying that Geechs is a

poor communicator....lack of respect and knowledge for the

man.
                        Well he did prove it himself with TOL comment, no lack of respect here

to Ian, he is a great coach.
                        That's not poor communication, that poor memory !

I know plenty of great communicators that get facts wrong all the time. Take a look at half the sports journalists around the world ! They all get details mixed up.

Maybe Geech meant TOL playing against the AB's for Ireland, AND the slotting in at 10 for munster in another match.
                        Just think of the number of players he was watching last season, you can't expect him to have every itty-bitty detail absolutely bang-on.
                        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

I think what everyone is missing is thatMcGeechan had the foresight to spot O'Leary and Earls as potential Lions last year...nit picking as to where he may or may not have seen them is pointless.

I seem to recall a similar row about who had seen Rua Tipoki first and where...we got him that was all that mattered in the end!
                          \"Does he attract trouble? Put it like this, if total and utter trouble was thunder and lightning, he\'d be on top of the highest mountain in a thunderstorm, wearing wet copper armour shouting \'all Gods are b*****ds\'\"

Comment

Working...
                          X