Kings of Rugby The Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kings of Rugby The Book

I was told about this book a few months ago by a former Lion, who has signed it, having looked at the book on the website, I have ordered it, the cost is €213, which includes registered delivery, it is limited to 490 editions, it looks super, I spoke with the author Paul Verdon a few minutes ago, and is willing to give a discount if some of you group together. Click on the link below you will be impressed.

http://www.verdoncollectables.com/kings/KINGS_of_RUGBY:_the_ book.html

There has never been a book like this

Here some of the legendary players who featured in the ‘Battle for the World Crown’ …

Don Clarke, Colin ‘Pinetree’ Meads, Peter Jones, Kel Tremain, Wilson Whineray, ‘Tiny’ Hill, Terry Lineen, Ross Brown, Ian Clarke, Ron Hemi for the All Blacks …

And Tony O’Reilly, Peter Jackson, Ken Scotland, David Hewitt, Bev Risman, Dickie Jeeps, Ronnie Dawson, Hughie McLeod, Noel Murphy, Rhys Williams for the Lions …

<DIV ="paragraph paragraph_style_1">
    <DIV style="WIDTH: 5px; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: 31px; CLEAR: left; relative: " ="tinyText style_SkipSoke_2 inline-block soke_0" _counted="undefined"></DIV>“Never before and never again” is quite a call. But Father Time waits for no man. A few of these Legends have passed on. Forty-three remained alive when this project began. The survivors are mainly in their 70s and 80s. Even the brilliant Lions’ centre, David Hewitt – the ‘baby’ of the series at 19 years of age – is now “an the old-age pensioner,” as he told the author, Paul Verdon.
    </DIV>
    In producing Kings of Rugby, a collector’s piece of intrinsic and historical value has been created. It’s all about quality – and quantity! This is a world first. Never before has such a project been achieved. All the All Blacks and all the Lions participated. One participant has since died, meaning the feat can never be replicated.

Now you’re beginning to see the uniqueness of this collection. It’s already been called “a piece of Bradman-esque memorabilia.”

Meanwhile, among the many records set by the 1959 Lions, their feat as the highest-scoring international team ever to tour New Zealand, will never be beaten.
    If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

This smells to me!
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123
      This smells to me!
      Can you explain please?
      If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

is there a charity involved?
        The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

I spoke to an ex lion, just spoke to the author, a discount for a group...I'm sorry but it just comes across as a little disingenuous to me. I could be wrong, after all no one else has voiced opinions similar to me.
          \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
          Dalai Lama

Comment

I spoke to an ex lion, just spoke to the author, a discount for a group...I'm sorry but it just comes across as a little disingenuous to me. I could be wrong, after all no one else has voiced opinions similar to me.

I can assure you there is nothing untoward, or misleadinggoing on here, it is something I saw and wanted other people to be aware of it, as in my opinion it is a collectors item, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco
              is there a charity involved?

I doubt there is a charity involved but then again there may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Humpty Dumpty

I can assure you there is nothing untoward, or misleadinggoing on here, it is something I saw and wanted other people to be aware of it, as in my opinion it is a collectors item, that's all.
                Cool sorry about that.
                Dalai Lama

Comment

Cool sorry about that.

No problem, glad to clear it up, I have numerous rugby books that are collectors items, just a fan of that kind of thing, there may be more than me out there that have a love of such things.

Comment

Cool sorry about that.

No problem, glad to clear it up, I have numerous rugby books that are collectors items, just a fan of that kind of thing, there may be more than me out there that have a love of such things.
                    I can tell you're really into that sort of thing, enjoy the book.
                    Dalai Lama

Comment

213 euro[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Does it come with someone to turn the pages?
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

213 euro[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Does it come with someone to turn the pages?

and read it to me as she massages my back
                        Life is good

Comment

I'll 2nd this thread, it's a great book. Got one a while ago, great read and a piece of history [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

Humpty Dumpty obviously is,nt affected by the recession ,are you a politician by any chance

Comment

Originally posted by canine
                              Humpty Dumpty obviously is,nt affected by the recession ,are you a politician by any chance
                              He fell of a wall and sued the king and his men, did well out if it.
                              To the lazy, everything is impossible. To the brave, nothing is impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X