Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munster by Choice
    replied
    I know there were some doubters out there. This has received great publicity ( example link below from Ireland AM below, also was in Indo and live on most regional radio including Mooney on Rte1 - also feature in Nationalist today ) and website getting a lot of hits and new stories arriving and waiting to go on etc etc.

My pal still asking me if any Munster fans ready or willing to contribute as you are intelligent [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img] champion [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]posters many many times on this site and if each of you just gave one story it would be a massive boost to this site. I am told, reliably, that some of the Munster players are going to post on www.57million.net.

I know we were beaten the other night - and I did see the thread about how bad people were feeling [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]- depressed, hung-over etc - but hopefully you can post some good news also on the above site[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

ps....I've just worked out how to use the emoticons...does it show?
    http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=1...ocID=1.65.74&a mp;page=1</font>

Leave a comment:

• dannybzr
    replied
    Site is a great idea. Was always keen on the idea of having an evening news that just told about all the good things that have been going on... Don't you
    sometimes get sick of watching all the doom and gloom!

Leave a comment:

• Munster by Choice
    replied
    Decent article on this in the Independent today plus radio articles and interviews.

Leave a comment:

• Bazzer
    replied

With all the doom and gloom being spouted at the moment it's understandable people are becoming very cynical. Nice to see someone trying to do something positive and highlight the good things going on around which usually go unnoticed.

Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Munster by Choice
    replied

A national newspaper has confirmed that it will be running a feature on the launch of this site, 57 Million

Any chance of any stories from Munster fans ? Would be nice. Owner of site would create a special 'Munster Fans' section on the site.

They can be sent to martin@57million.net

Leave a comment:

• Munster by Choice
    replied
    This is a serious site in development. I know the person behind it very well .....the story about the Cambodian orpans from Helen from Dundrum is a story submitted by my wife

I guess to be sceptical may be natural on occasion but if anyone would like to contribute please do. this will have a 'soft' launch i.e no razamatazz but likely to be featured in some nationals.

Leave a comment:

• kahalui
    replied

Originally posted by Lazarus
    Can't help but be sceptical.
    why? because you're sceptical or because you think the site is sceptical

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    Looks good, i like the desmond tutu story

Leave a comment:

• Chief
    replied

Originally posted by Munster by Choice

Dear all, I know the following message below is not about rugby or sport but I notice that we cover much on this site and that as a community we tend to be pretty helpful so it encouraged me to communicate the following. </font>

A friend of mine is launching a non-commercial, non-profit etc website which is aimed at sharing and publicising as many positive stories about human kindness as possible - with the aim of encouraging as many people as possible to go out and do something good.</font>

I don't want to take up much of your time and can't do it justice in few words here. Take a look at the draft site - it is currently 'hidden'and in development but if you have a look it will give you the idea.</font>

You can access the site at http://57million.accelerate4test.co.uk, your user name is a4 and password is a4</font>

My friend is in the process of garnering as many stories as possible for launch......he has quite a few high profile people who have contributed - I have seen the entries, buthe can not share them publicly yet ( including and incredibly powerful one from Archbishop Tutu! And a typically straightforward one from Sir AlexFerguson[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]and has some national newspapers here, Uk and Europe ready to run the story at launch. There are other kindness initiatives ( e.g ARK ) and this is not meant to compete but complement....the more the better he believes and I would go along with that.</font>

He has asked me to ask you to contribute. Please read the site and the existing stories ( takes only a few minutes ) and if you have a story you would like to share on the site please mail it to martin@57million.net</font>

I have suggested to him that if the Munster numbers are significant enough that he puts a 'Munster' section on the site and that at launch there should be a press release along lines of 'Munster fans lead country in kindness offensive'.</span> He has agreed. Be a good story for us.</font>

Please ignore on the current site the sections such as 'travel' and 'green' etc..these are there only as example of kind of sections that may materialise as site grows.</font>

I think it is an initiative worth supporting so if you can, please 'give'.</font>

Thanks</font>
    Is this for serious? [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Danno
    replied
    Did anyone do this?

Leave a comment:

• Munster by Choice
    started a topic ’57Million’ . Your stories needed!

’57Million’ . Your stories needed!

Dear all, I know the following message below is not about rugby or sport but I notice that we cover much on this site and that as a community we tend to be pretty helpful so it encouraged me to communicate the following.

A friend of mine is launching a non-commercial, non-profit etc website which is aimed at sharing and publicising as many positive stories about human kindness as possible - with the aim of encouraging as many people as possible to go out and do something good.

I don't want to take up much of your time and can't do it justice in few words here. Take a look at the draft site - it is currently 'hidden'and in development but if you have a look it will give you the idea.

You can access the site at http://57million.accelerate4test.co.uk, your user name is a4 and password is a4

My friend is in the process of garnering as many stories as possible for launch......he has quite a few high profile people who have contributed - I have seen the entries, buthe can not share them publicly yet ( including and incredibly powerful one from Archbishop Tutu! And a typically straightforward one from Sir AlexFerguson&nbsp[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]and has some national newspapers here, Uk and Europe ready to run the story at launch. There are other kindness initiatives ( e.g ARK ) and this is not meant to compete but complement....the more the better he believes and I would go along with that.

He has asked me to ask you to contribute. Please read the site and the existing stories ( takes only a few minutes ) and if you have a story you would like to share on the site please mail it to martin@57million.net

I have suggested to him that if the Munster numbers are significant enough that he puts a 'Munster' section on the site and that at launch there should be a press release along lines of 'Munster fans lead country in kindness offensive'. He has agreed. Be a good story for us.

Please ignore on the current site the sections such as 'travel' and 'green' etc..these are there only as example of kind of sections that may materialise as site grows.

I think it is an initiative worth supporting so if you can, please 'give'.

Thanks

Working...
X