Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MunsterCardiff

I saw him a nighclub in Cardiff after Wales v England,had his top off

Total and utter ****, how he is there ahead of Ryan Jones and Denis Leamy amazes me
    Feel sorry for Jones, looks wrecked. Didn't see the point of him going to the US with Wales, should be resting himself at home.

Comment

Originally posted by franman
      Originally posted by MunsterCardiff

I saw him a nighclub in Cardiff after Wales v England,had his top off

Total and utter ****, how he is there ahead of Ryan Jones and Denis Leamy amazes me

Feel sorry for Jones, looks wrecked. Didn't see the point of him going to the US with Wales, should be resting himself at home.

Agreed on Jones, he could have done with the full summer off, rather than a fairly meaningless trip to the States.
      More Water.

Comment

Leamy, Had a tough year and will be better next year having
        had a good break
        Bring back Leamy 06/07
        Not saying he isnt fit but needs to get back to energetic
        barnstrming best. Maybe like bod did he could shed some of
        the weight
        When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Powell looks to be the bad call all managers make at some stage. I doubt he will get a start for the rest of the tour. I feel sorry for the other 14 last saturday having to play on the same field as him.

Comment

a poor man's chabal

or to coin a Hook phrase - you can find one of him in every pub in the Rhondda
            \'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
            Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Comment

The stats I saw most recently had Powell as same weight as other 2, I wasn't sure at time because I seemed to remember something about the old 18stone+ stuff before. But then I'd ask a question of those stats because, as said on other thread, Martyn Williams is supposed to be same weight as Wally (16stone) but 2 inches shorter - he doesn't look remotely near that so there may be some weighing in fully clothed with boots and big belt buckles going on to make some of those weights. Like Wyne-Jones is supposed to be a stone heavier than POC and DOC but that doesn't show when next to each other.
              Did you play in the Garden of Eden?
              Were the goalkeeper\'s gloves to you tossed?
              For it seems to me you\'re the reason,
              You\'re the reason why paradise lost.

Comment

its good to know that if ian mcgeechan needs advice he can consult the many sages on this thread give him a break only 3 matches in how much better has wallace been

Comment

Better than Powell - plenty as has all the back row options on the tour. In particular I'd say Ferris and Croft have pushed themselves ahead of him as bench options.

Comment

In the Autumn Powell was looking to run at gaps or at least
                    the weak shoulder of the oppo and would not always go to
                    ground without looking for an offload.
                    For whatever reason (maybe he believed the hype) he as
                    others says just looks for full on contact, if he could offload or
                    quickly recycle the ball then maybe that would be OK as he
                    does drag in a lot of defenders, but there is no vision or
                    awareness of whats around him.

Comment

I suspect the game plan is to offload out of contact to create space for late runners - like Ickle or BOD - but Powell doesn't seem to be capable of doing that. But even before this tour he'd become less and less effective. In fact that Autumn series aside he's not done much beyond what we've seen here.

Comment

Andy Powell Gameplan: (From GWLAD)

Wally_fan 25/04/09
                        \"bump bump bump, trying to keep the thread up there. holy mary im drunk. and in love with trish. although you all dont care about that. doesnt matter, i still love her\"

Comment

Originally posted by Munstermaniac
                          Andy Powell Gameplan: (From GWLAD)

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Brilliant!!

Comment

Smell of a friday thread off that!!![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                              This is Gareth Edwards!
                              A dramatic start !
                              What a score!

manofmunster - \"foley must be the cutest hoor to ever take to a rugby pitch\"

Comment

Released by Wasps. Chavtastic.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...913486,00.html
                                <DIV style="DISPLAY: n&#111;ne" id=fb-root></DIV>
                                <DIV style="DISPLAY: n&#111;ne" id=fb-root></DIV>
                                <DIV =v5-wrap sizset="0" sizcache="492">
                                <DIV id=ss-c&#111;ntent ="ss-c&#111;ntent " sizset="0" sizcache="492">
                                <DIV =v5-c&#111;ntent sizset="0" sizcache="492">
                                <DIV =v5-2col-t3 sizset="0" sizcache="492">
                                <DIV ="col1 main-c&#111;ntent" sizset="272" sizcache="26">
                                <DIV =v5-art- sizset="283" sizcache="26">
                                Wasps have announced that No. 8 Andy Powell is to leave the Aviva Premiership club by mutual consent.

The Wales international was suspended after being injured in a brawl at a London bar, an incident the club have now concluded their investigation into.

Fellow Wasps forward Tim Payne was also initially suspended but had his ban lifted less than 48 hours after it was imposed.

But Powell remained on the sidelines as the probe was carried out and now Wasps have confirmed his departure.

The 29-year-old joined the club on a one-year deal last summer after being released by Cardiff Blues and had been in negotiations to extend his stay before the suspension.
                                <H4>Statement</H4>

"London Wasps can today announce that Andy Powell is to leave the club by mutual consent," Wasps stated on their official website.

"This announcement comes following a thorough and detailed review, between the player and the club, of all of the evidence arising from the incident for which Andy was initially suspended.

"This included a review of CCTV footage of the incident and statements from those witnesses present throughout.

"Both parties are satisfied that this matter has been dealt with in a proper, fair and appropriate manner and agree that
                                Stewie: We\'re playing house...
                                Lois: But that kid is all tied up!
                                Stewie: Roman Polanski\'s house.

Comment

Working...
                                X