Andy Powell???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Powell???

In the autumn, especially against SA, he was a world beater who was certain to make the test side, (I was among the many thinking that way). On reflection, bearing in mind his age, how long it's taken him to make the Welsh side and form before/after the autumn, is it possible that the autumn tests were his purple patch and what we're seeing now is actually his real standard?
    Did you play in the Garden of Eden?
    Were the goalkeeper\'s gloves to you tossed?
    For it seems to me you\'re the reason,
    You\'re the reason why paradise lost.

Everyone copped on all he did was run at the 10 channel or smaller players. Even the smaller players are taking him down now and if a bigger player hits him he knocks the ball on.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a pint in one hand, wine in the other totally worn out and screaming \'WOOO HOOOO\' what a ride! I wanna go round again.

Comment

Yes I think there is enough on powell in the lucky to be a lion post but your dam right this guy should not be there....Hope this doesnt decend into a 20pager[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
      "Crocked"

Comment

Always have had my suspicions about Powell regarding his late break-
        through internationally [from absolutely nowhere], his build and
        his recent drop-off in form when he's playing at a serious level with
        professional procedures.

I presume everybody can read between the lines.

Comment

If you put a 3' door on the left touchline and gaveAndy Powell the ball on the right touchline he'd still run into the door.

Comment

He carries the ball into contact in the wrong hand 90% of the time. Leads to turn overs. he did it the whole time saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugonaut

professional procedures.

Have had my suspicions too but not fair to throw that out there without proof methinks. But I can understand why you may think that.

Comment

Similar size and weight to Heaslip and Ferris IIRC. I don't know that I'd throw that argument around but I do now feel the autumn was his absolute best not his normal level.
                Did you play in the Garden of Eden?
                Were the goalkeeper\'s gloves to you tossed?
                For it seems to me you\'re the reason,
                You\'re the reason why paradise lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh Start
                  Similar size and weight to Heaslip and Ferris </span>IIRC. I don't know that I'd throw that argument around but I do now feel the autumn was his absolute best not his normal level.
                  No he's not, all 3 are 6 ft 4, Ferris and Heaslip just over 17 stone, Powell is over 18 1/2 stone! Big difference when you're getting up to those weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Darragh-j
                    He carries the ball into contact in the wrong hand 90% of the time. Leads to turn overs. he did it the whole time saturday.

Spotted him doing that alright a good few times at the weekend. Basic stuff really to be getting wrong at that level...

Comment

Franman,
                      I agree, it's not a label that you should tar any professional sportsman
                      with lightly. Hence the fairly mealy-mouthed 'statement' in my first post.
                      However, there are serious signs of a MLB-esque slump in form.

I'll gladly delete/edit my comments if the moderators see fit.

Comment

Has the guy passed the ball once in his 2 games with the Lions? He also seems to have an aversion to anything that doesn't involve grabbing the ball andrunning into the nearest object to him.
                        More Water.

Comment

professional procedures.

I can read between the lines alright and my reading of this is that you, sir, should be ashamed of yourself.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I saw him a nighclub in Cardiff after Wales v England,had his top off

Total and utter ****, how he is there ahead of Ryan Jones and Denis Leamy amazes me
                            How oft do my thoughts.
                            In their fancy take flight....

Comment

Franman,
                              I agree, it's not a label that you should tar any professional sportsman
                              with lightly. Hence the fairly mealy-mouthed 'statement' in my first post.
                              However, there are serious signs of a MLB-esque slump in form.

I'll gladly delete/edit my comments if the moderators see fit.

Self-regulation is the way. Imho.
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                              X