No announcement yet.

Euan Murray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting it a bit harshly Dowlinz, but I agree with the basic sentiment.

The lad spent 7 years with 4 different foreign clubs earning very well I'm sure. He plays in one of the highest paying positions and choose to play for clubs that had no hope of winning anything, but had pretty deep pockets. To walk out on his country in such a critical position, months before a RWC stinks to me. He's not retiring from the game, so the notion he couldn't finish his international career after the RWC is selfish. Looking for one last big payday IMHO.

If (the much older) Mike Ross did the same right now he'd be slated.

THP's will be in massive demand by clubs up until Xmas. We've done well to tie down BJ.

Comment

Originally posted by limerickstag View Post
      Any player is entitled to do whatever they wish, it's a short career as you said.

However: How would we feel if POC retired from international now, missed the RWC, joined Toulon and played for another couple of seasons?

Playing international rugby and earning a good rugby salary are not mutually exclusive - players can and do do both. If I was a Scot I would be disappointed that the prospect of playing his last RWC for Scotland (in the UK) evidently means so little to Euan Murray, one of their best players of the last decade
      Complete misnomer in my opinion as you're comparing Ireland the 6 nations champions to Scotland the wooden spoon holders. This is his last big contract before he retires and he's entitled to it in my view. Loyalty went out the window once professional rugby came in.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Signed in Pau for two seasons
        The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Pau picking up a lot of talent
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
            Pau picking up a lot of talent

Some great choices alright

Comment

You can't imagine how many shovelful of oil sands from Alberta Total need to help Pau... :_innocent__rvmp_by_
              Without forgetting that the Bearnese get the half of the ressources that were allowed to AB and BO (3 millions €) with the consequences we will officially see soon...
              Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 3-June-2015, 07:58.
              The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Working...
              X