No announcement yet.

Stephens Jones strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving away 2 penalties, is that perfect?

Shaw was good, one of the better lions on the day, but Jones will of course give him a 10 to make him stand out. 8 maybe more realistic. Wallace getting the same as Croft, a bit harsh on Wally!!!

Comment

Lads in fairness, Shaw was immense. He was absolutely magnificent.
      Maybe not 10/10, but 9/10 would be very fair.

Jones isn't objective, but I'd forgive him for giving his favourite player a
      10/10 mark for a truly outstanding performance, especially given the
      fact that it was his first test as a Lion after making the tour all of twelve
      years ago and he's 36. He was epic. It's a little sentimental, but
      forgivable.

Would have given Kearney a 9, he was phenomenal.

Comment

very harsh on bowe and fitz i thought. also a bit tough on kenkins who was awesome while he was on i thought.

my rankings would've been:

jenkins 8
        rees 5
        jones 9
        shaw 8
        o'connell 7
        croft 7
        wallace 8
        heaslip 7
        phillips 7
        jones 9
        fitzgerald 7
        roberts 8
        o'driscoll 8
        bowe 7
        kearney 9

Comment

Originally posted by Hugonaut

forgivable.

Gave away 2 retarded penalties and robbed hardly any lineouts, 7 is what he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen
            Originally posted by Hugonaut

forgivable.

Gave away 2 retarded penalties and robbed hardly any lineouts, 7 is what he deserves.

Immense - credit where its due. And believe me it takes a lot for me to admit an English man played well. I'm watching it again now- he was even better than I thought
            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen
              Gave away 2 retarded penalties and robbed hardly any lineouts
              True enough, but blinkered as f*ck. He was excellent in every phase
              of play. Won all his own lineout [and was thrown to very regularly]
              was part of a scrum that annihilated the Bok pack after being
              humiliated earlier in the week, scragged du Preez at the base of Bok
              rucks twice, carried exceptionally well and made yards with ball in
              hand every time, hammered rucks, made tackles, was all over the
              pitch for the whole game – a magnificent performance.

And you'd give him a 7? Jesus, get over yourself. He had a blinder.

Comment

Phillips was terrible! His passing was so slow & he continually turned around to pass off his right. He tried to snipe far too often

Comment

Shaw and Phillips were savage. The numbers are irrelevant.
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

Comment

Am i the only one who thought L Fitz's somewhat naive defending was at fault for the first try. Dont think JP Pietersen should have been able to coast in so easily
                    \"... and Brian Dooher is down injured. And while he is, i\'ll tell ye a little story. I was in Times\' Square in New York last week, and I was missing the Championship back home. So I approached a newsstand and I said \'I suppose ye wouldn\'t have the Kerryman would ye?\' To which,the Egyptian behind the counter turned to me and he said \'do you want the North Kerry edition or the South Kerry edition?\'... he had both...so I bought both. And Dooher is back on his feet...\"

Comment

Originally posted by rob717

Am i the only one who thought L Fitz's somewhat naive defending was at fault for the first try. Dont think JP Pietersen should have been able to coast in so easily

Nope you're spot on. But Edwards system is weakest closest to the point of contact on set piece ball and the Boks obviously notcied this prior to the event.
                      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Jones is spot on this week (Even a stopped clock is right twice a day)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...nion/article68 45987.ece
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                        X