Stephens Jones strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephens Jones strikes again

Responding to a correspondent who reckoned that there are currently 4 certain started for Lions tests this summer (POC BOD Williams and Haskell(!)- this is SJ's response
    SJ: Hmmm. Not a bad four, Andy. I may be harsh here, but I just wonder if
    O’Connell is going to get the trip, in racing parlance. The second row and
    line-out are overwhelming critical against the Boks and I am not quite sure
    if he is still of the class to threaten Messrs Botha and Matfield.

Does this guy ever watch any rugby? Is he just Dan the Fan in disguise?

He is nuts!!

Comment

Old Friend of the site - completely barmy.
      Broke his heart when Woodward left the england set-up and now
      Dallaglio's retired, sent the poor man loopy.
      As a welsh child he used to try swimming the bristol channel to get into
      england - very peculiar.

Comment

Of those four the only one who is probably set in stone is POC
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

How did BOD play last night out of interest? Was half watching the game at a house party and he seemed to make a couple of breaks. Looked good at the breakdown too. Shifting him to 12 is becoming the new "Kearney to 15" call - everyone seems to agree on it except for the coach!
          Marty in the Morning

Comment

Well take into account that they yet again failed to score and try and draw your own conclusions. Kearney was the only one who looked threatening with ball in hand imo.
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by kiki
              ...The second row and line-out are overwhelming critical against the Boks and I am not quite sure if he is still of the class to threaten Messrs Botha and Matfield.

Well if he isn't then the Lions are fupped becausehe's the best option that they will have ... or perhapsJonesis thinkingofBen Kay or Simon Shaw [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img].

Interesting listening tothe BBC coverage of the Ospreys game the other night and the commentators (one of whom was Jonathan Davies)seemed to think that POC was a shoe-in ... and also the likely captain.

'I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose' - Woody Allen

Comment

he was fecking' brilliant.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

BOD=DOG...no eh....DOG=GOD...no eh...BOD+DOG=ODD GOB
                I think he was compared to a deity which means his church would be the church of the resurrection of BOD but they are still waiting for him to rise again.

That was in response to the leaky boot question of how did BOD do.

Comment

jones reckons that nathan hines is the man to stand up to bakkies botha.. what planet is he on?? hines ffs
                  I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

Haskell. Seriously. Up there as one of the most over rated players in the NH (Somewhere between Henson at 1, and Luke Fitzgerald at 3[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img])

For those of you who like a laugh, check this imperial tiger out (hahaha)

http://www.jameshaskell.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Downsouthdukin
                      jones reckons that nathan hines is the man to stand up to bakkies botha.. what planet is he on?? hines ffs

To be honest, I rate Nathan Hines. I think he's a good, hard lock. Hines at 4 and POC at 5 wouldn't be the worst combination.

'I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose' - Woody Allen

Comment

Not another Stephen Jones thread......

Comment

Originally posted by sewa
                          Well take into account that they yet again failed to score and try and draw your own conclusions. Kearney was the only one who looked threatening with ball in hand imo.
                          Someone point out to the sewer that Leinster have scored a fair few more tries than Munster this season.

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
                            Someone point out to the sewer that Leinster have scored a fair few more tries than Munster this season.
                            Your happy with your backline so Dan?

Comment

Originally posted by busbi
                              Originally posted by danthefan
                              Your happy with your backline so Dan?
                              Where did I say that?

Comment

Working...
                              X