After Paddy Wallace's excellent performance to-day , I believe that his Ulster out-half colleague no longer needs to be on World Cup standby . That is if he ever was on standby in the first place .[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Wallace was good today, but the Islanders would have been beaten by a mid-table ML team (like Munster!), let's not get carried away.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Leader of the Red Hordes
    Wallace was good today, but the Islanders would
    have been beaten by a mid-table ML team (like Munster!), let's not get
    carried away.

Rubbish, Munster are not mid table

Leader of the Red Hordes
    Anyway he did about as good as he could have, it will give him some
    confidence and hopefully we will see him playing a couple more tests
    before the WC

Good on Wallace, had an excellent début today.[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
    Time And Relative Dimensions In Space

Leader of the Red Hordes dropkick's Avatar

I'd still bring Humphries to the Wcup. Wallace is a confidence player and maybe this will kickstart his career but at this moment I'd still prefer to have Humphries.

In the WC I'd haveWallace on the bench because he can play in a number of positions but I'd start Humphries ahead of him. Next season he'll probably be Ulsters #1 anyway.

Munster Praetorian Guard

What about Humphreys the Younger?!

Man of the match last week and by reading the match report he appears to have done very well again today against Wasps kicking 14 of his sides 19 points in their win. Maybe someone to look out for in another 12 months???

Wallace did well today, not perfect but deserved his man of the match award. He has great hands but i still would like to see him have to close a game out at ML level never mind test level. Still it's a more than promising start.

Leader of the Red Hordes
    Quote Originally Posted by blackadder

What about Humphreys the Younger?!

Man of the match last week and by reading the match report he
    appears to have done very well again today against Wasps kicking 14 of
    his sides 19 points in their win. Maybe someone to look out for in
    another 12 months???

Wallace did well today, not perfect but deserved his man of the
    match award. He has great hands but i still would like to see him have
    to close a game out at ML level never mind test level. Still it's a
    more than promising start.

If he gets ahead of Foode then he could have a chance. What age is he?

24 I think. Certainly grabbing his chance.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Think young Humph is 24 - played in same school team as Matt
    McCullough and Bryan Young (altho I think they were older). Thot
    Wallace did very well today - if he had played a kicking game we might
    have been criticising him for being too conservative. I wd like to see
    him start at OH for Ulster - he has been playing very well at centre with
    good defense and distribution and I wd like to see Wallace OH,
    Steinmetz 12 and Trimble 13.

Munster Praetorian Guard
    24, to be honest i would have my doubts but he is moving in the right direction, remember his brother was 25 when he made his Ireland debut so Ian has plenty of time. Gareth Steenson seems to be doing alright at Rotherham as well, if they get promoted it would be interesting to watch his progress.

Is there an A 6n's this year?

Munster Praetorian Guard

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyFantastic
    Is there an A 6n's this year?

I haven't heard of one but there may be a couple of games against England and France. Scotland sent their As to the CC in June so presumably they'll have a team to play as well.

In the Departure Lounge Old Dog's Avatar
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=465><T>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>
    <H1></H1></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD height=5></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>
    <DIV ="textcopy">London Wasps 13 Leicester 19

Leicester moved past a stuttering London Wasps into fourth in the Guinness Premiership with probably their best away showing of the season. Martin Corry, Ben Kay and Andy Goode drowned their England sorrows by joining Leicester colleagues in the dressing-room yesterday, but they all have a fight on their hands to regain their club places.

Ian Humphreys, the younger brother of David Humphreys, the Ireland fly half, was faultless at No 10 for Leicester with 14 points. After two key Jeremy Staunton misses, Wasps relied on a dropped goal in the third minute of injury time to steal a bonus point. It was Wasps’ second defeat at home in any competition since January 2005. “That’s the worst I’ve seen since I’ve been here,” Ian McGeechan, the Wasps director of rugby, said.

The win was based on an old-style Leicester pack performance of rumbling mauls and domination of the tackle area. Lawrence Dallaglio was making his 300th competitive appearance for Wasps, but Jordan Crane, who was still a ten-year-old playing with train sets when Dallaglio was making his debut for England, powered Leicester forward at No 8.

The international month has not been kind to Wasps, who suffered their third defeat in four games and lost Ayoola Erinle, the centre, after 15 minutes with a suspected fracture of a leg. Matthew Pryor</DIV></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Munster Berserker
    excellent debut - but he needs to now play that position for ulster week in week out to develop. There will be harder opposition than the PI's
    \'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
    Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415