Page 86 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 3162

Thread: Shannon

Munster Dog of War
    Jeez that's good evidence for posting it so!! If there were sessions cancelled I'd love to know who's training in Coonagh.

Munster Praetorian Guard Woggas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bannerman View Post
    Jeez that's good evidence for posting it so!! If there were sessions cancelled I'd love to know who's training in Coonagh.
    Apologies, I didn't realize that I had to cite sources on an internet forum. I stated that this is what I had heard, in response to the question posed.
    On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woggas For This Useful Post:

Wouldn't be any suprise should this be true, Shannon really struggled for numbers at the end of last yr, eoin cahill close to walking away which says a lot in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromance View Post
    Wouldn't be any suprise should this be true, Shannon really struggled for numbers at the end of last yr, eoin cahill close to walking away which says a lot in itself.
    Alot of clubs seem to have picked up a few players from Shannon. I'd say they'll struggle this year.

To be fair,they've been doing it to clubs for years so there won't be too many outside of Shannon burning a candle for them!

No sessions have been cancelled!Just have a look at the players that played to keep Shannon up last year,and review with 20 20 hindsight vision!

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromance View Post
    Fact - Eoin had a substsntial offer from a Junior club to be player/coach, so would mean putting boots on again. Did not take it.
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee
    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. Wittgenstein,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to isola ciarrai For This Useful Post:

What age was Coughlan when he got a contract?

I was told by someone playing with Shannon that a session was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Milester View Post
    I was told by someone playing with Shannon that a session was cancelled.
    I think it's unfair to put up 'Here say' about a club when you are not even sure about the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofter View Post
    I think it's unfair to put up 'Here say' about a club when you are not even sure about the statement.
    Is that not what Forums are for

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bromance For This Useful Post:

Munster Dog of War
    Shannon 9 BOHs 39 . Heard it was a close afair up to half time but a lack of fitness cost Shannon in the second half..

Munster Dog of War
    where have all the Shannon people gone ??? sticking the head in the sand wont solve the problem ,, any team can loose a game but to have the cookies put 113 pts on the board in two games over the weekend is shocking ...

My name is Mandy and I live with my mom! i_like_cake's Avatar
    what´s happened to them... lots of lads moved up to the big smoke, or abroad...???
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_cake View Post
    what´s happened to them... lots of lads moved up to the big smoke, or abroad...???
    Seem to be in a bit of dissaray at the moment, and there are a few players dis-enchanted with the set-up.
    I stress that is what I have heard from a few sources.
    Point on Penney
    "Such that our stock had fallen, I'm happy that we've made a QF, as it means good news for season ticket renewals, which contributes to keeping the whole show on the road (as you well know). After that, it's about performance, and I'm pleased more and more of the Munster forward power has come back into how we play. Everything after that is and hopefully will be, a pleasant surprise."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitter As A Lemon For This Useful Post:

Keogh's position must be untenable at this stage, nearly got us relegated last season, and shocking result to the start of the league campaign against our rivals
    http://www.twitter.com/MacL0ve

Irish by birth...MUNSTER by the Grace of God..with Black and Blue Blood

Sin Binned
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    Keogh's position must be untenable at this stage, nearly got us relegated last season, and shocking result to the start of the league campaign against our rivals
    The results are not the most worrying aspect though. The worrying thing is that the speculation regarding players moving on because Stephen is at the helm , has been there since he was appointed. Now of course it could be rubbish, but the fact that nothing changes and the same speculation arises, is not good.
    No doubt that Stephen is a decent lad and wants to do the best for the club, it's not happening. Rumours of power struggles within the executive, cliques appearing all over the gaff and seemingly nothing being done to sort the issue out.

Very disconcerting.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dumptruck For This Useful Post:

Havent paid my subs for the past two seasons as a result of the carry on out there. There doesnt seem to be any forward thinking.

Munster Dog of War
    Good stuff! When the club are going through arough patch and could do with all the money they can get, you decide not to pay your subs. You obviously have a gripe but when the only place that you can have your say that counts comes up (ie AGMs) you won't have your say because your not a member and would prefer to air your grievance some where else. Great Stuff, Kid!!

Shove it up your h...
    Is that a Shannon thing calling everyone "kid !"

25. The Following User Says Thank You to brightspark For This Useful Post:

Munster Dog of War
    Let's just say its a term of endearment for a fellow club member ....or former member I should say.

No discussion about the result yesterday - embarrassing!! Wasnt at the game but to lose by 40 points - might as well be relegated already.

Munster Berserker
    have they lost that many players or whats happening? Is the coaching that bad. I know keogh is new to it but cahill should be well able for the backs and they seem to be all over the place too.

worrying times that was a shocking result!

Something is fairly rotten in the state of Shannon RFC! Couldnt field a team for the Munster Senior Cup - ****ing disgrace! And then to fob it saying they couldnt play it coonagh....the mind boggles. Keogh has to go!

How can they not field a team?
    Point on Penney
    "Such that our stock had fallen, I'm happy that we've made a QF, as it means good news for season ticket renewals, which contributes to keeping the whole show on the road (as you well know). After that, it's about performance, and I'm pleased more and more of the Munster forward power has come back into how we play. Everything after that is and hopefully will be, a pleasant surprise."

Munster Berserker
    better still why cant Coonagh not be used? or thomond park..

the brnach should force them to play the game.

From what I heard they asked OC for use of their pitch and said OC said they wouldnt allow them. YM called OC to see if they would allow it, and OC said they had told shannon that they would allow it to go ahead. So I guess SRFC then said they couldnt field a team, hence YM getting a bye to the next round.

Leader of the Red Hordes Duffman's Avatar
    The 3rds match is going ahead in Coonagh tomorrow?? Whats the problem with the pitch?
    Im here to spread the word..common sense is not just for animals

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    The 3rds match is going ahead in Coonagh tomorrow?? Whats the problem with the pitch?
    Nothing wrong with the pitch. Problem is to do with no lighting in the car park. H & S issue.
    4 Feb 2011 - Gilmore on the General Election

"Frankfurts way or Labours way."

28 Feb 2012 - Gilmore on a yes vote for the fiscal treaty

"A vote for economic stability and a vote for economic recovery."

Haha i heard it was because there were no barriers at the end of the pitch!!

Heard wrong so.
    4 Feb 2011 - Gilmore on the General Election

"Frankfurts way or Labours way."

28 Feb 2012 - Gilmore on a yes vote for the fiscal treaty

"A vote for economic stability and a vote for economic recovery."

37. The Following User Says Thank You to McCloud For This Useful Post: