Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 3014

Thread: Shannon

Admiral of the Fleet blackwarrior's Avatar
    Well done Shannon. The spiritual heart of Irish rugby lives on!
    "Playing against ROG, your big game plan is to try and pressure him but he’d dump it off to Wally and next thing you’re five metres behind the gain line because he was an absolute freak." Rory Best, Irish Examiner, May 2012

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Great news for Bruff RFC, beating Bucks, to copperfasten their Div 1B status. How the management of Munster rugby or the Munster Academy never gave an opportunity to Brendan Deady and/or Tony Cahill baffles me. Cahill of the Oz soon.

Hear that Eoghan Cahill is leaving job as Shannon backs coach - correct? What about Stephen Keogh? Will Div 1A survival be enough?
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee
    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. Wittgenstein,

Munster Dog of War abbeyboatman's Avatar
    Well done today....Great performance, lots of Spirit, and gutsy abrasive rugby by all the Shannon Lads....Few sore bodies after the last 2 weeks, and well deserved few pints and blow out needed tonight!!!!!! Wow....pitch in great condition at Musgrave....along with a "Pedantic" linesman who was worried about how many were on the sideline!!!!!!

Keogh and Eoin Cahill reappointed as head coach and backs coach respectively
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/ulsterbankleague/26541.php

Only saw a few of the matches this season, so just wondering which players stood out and look good for next season?? any word on any signings in Shannon for next season also??

Munster Berserker
    Did John Shine leave Bruff for Shannon? Word around town anyone know how true it is?

Yeah it's true. He'll be badly missed out in Bruff though. He's a quality 7.

Munster Berserker
    Thats a shocker that he left Bruff, a bit disappointing really but I suppose bruff dont pay players so its hard to keep them when you have limk clubs offering cash.

Huge shock for Bruff. i know he has been involved with Munster A's a couple of times so maybe he sees himself having a better chance of been involved more often playing with Shannon...
    Bruff have lost a huge amount of players aswell. Since the Bateman final until now they have lost something like 17 players..

Munster Praetorian Guard Colliniho's Avatar
    What age would John be lads? Has he missed the boat for an academy or development deal?
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

He's 28. It would be nice to think he can still make it but nowadays 28 seems too old to break in.

Munster Praetorian Guard Colliniho's Avatar
    Way too old for the academy and really pushing it for a development deal now. He'll need to play B&I cup rugby at least this year to have any chance. Still though, if the rumours of Barry O'Mahony getting a development contract at 26 are true then it gives hope to the likes of John
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Munster Berserker
    I cant see john getting a contract.. I think he is too old for it.

How are things shaping up for the beginning of the season????? Will Shannon be in contention this year??? Any up and coming/new players to look out for????

Munster Praetorian Guard Woggas's Avatar
    I heard things aren't good in the camp again. Players upset with Keogh, and even sessions being cancelled due to lack of numbers.

I should add that I am only getting this second or third hand.
    Last edited by Woggas; 22nd-August-2012 at 14:47.
    On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Munster Dog of War
    Jeez that's good evidence for posting it so!! If there were sessions cancelled I'd love to know who's training in Coonagh.

Munster Praetorian Guard Woggas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bannerman View Post
    Jeez that's good evidence for posting it so!! If there were sessions cancelled I'd love to know who's training in Coonagh.
    Apologies, I didn't realize that I had to cite sources on an internet forum. I stated that this is what I had heard, in response to the question posed.
    On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woggas For This Useful Post:

Wouldn't be any suprise should this be true, Shannon really struggled for numbers at the end of last yr, eoin cahill close to walking away which says a lot in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromance View Post
    Wouldn't be any suprise should this be true, Shannon really struggled for numbers at the end of last yr, eoin cahill close to walking away which says a lot in itself.
    Alot of clubs seem to have picked up a few players from Shannon. I'd say they'll struggle this year.

To be fair,they've been doing it to clubs for years so there won't be too many outside of Shannon burning a candle for them!

No sessions have been cancelled!Just have a look at the players that played to keep Shannon up last year,and review with 20 20 hindsight vision!

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromance View Post
    Fact - Eoin had a substsntial offer from a Junior club to be player/coach, so would mean putting boots on again. Did not take it.
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee
    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. Wittgenstein,

23. The Following User Says Thank You to isola ciarrai For This Useful Post:

What age was Coughlan when he got a contract?

I was told by someone playing with Shannon that a session was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Milester View Post
    I was told by someone playing with Shannon that a session was cancelled.
    I think it's unfair to put up 'Here say' about a club when you are not even sure about the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofter View Post
    I think it's unfair to put up 'Here say' about a club when you are not even sure about the statement.
    Is that not what Forums are for

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bromance For This Useful Post:

Munster Dog of War
    Shannon 9 BOHs 39 . Heard it was a close afair up to half time but a lack of fitness cost Shannon in the second half..

Munster Dog of War
    where have all the Shannon people gone ??? sticking the head in the sand wont solve the problem ,, any team can loose a game but to have the cookies put 113 pts on the board in two games over the weekend is shocking ...

My name is Mandy and I live with my mom! i_like_cake's Avatar
    what´s happened to them... lots of lads moved up to the big smoke, or abroad...???
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_cake View Post
    what´s happened to them... lots of lads moved up to the big smoke, or abroad...???
    Seem to be in a bit of dissaray at the moment, and there are a few players dis-enchanted with the set-up.
    I stress that is what I have heard from a few sources.
    Point on Penney
    "Such that our stock had fallen, I'm happy that we've made a QF, as it means good news for season ticket renewals, which contributes to keeping the whole show on the road (as you well know). After that, it's about performance, and I'm pleased more and more of the Munster forward power has come back into how we play. Everything after that is and hopefully will be, a pleasant surprise."

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitter As A Lemon For This Useful Post:

Keogh's position must be untenable at this stage, nearly got us relegated last season, and shocking result to the start of the league campaign against our rivals
    http://www.twitter.com/MacL0ve

Irish by birth...MUNSTER by the Grace of God..with Black and Blue Blood