Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Leader of the Red Hordes RED 49's Avatar

explosion at boston marathon finish

breaking news on sky and fox news
    http://news.sky.com/

Mayor of Chilli Town joeriddick's Avatar
    Holy ****.

Live blog here.
    To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

2 explosions most saying
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Oh bollix definitely going to be a few fatalities
    Con Artist

Not good!

Tobyglen
    3 fatalities so far, video here.

https://vine.co/v/bFdt5uwg6JZ

RTE news said there were two separate explosions about a quarter of a mile apart. Would seem to make it more likely to be a deliberate act rather than the likes of a gas explosion.
    "A victory for ruthless over rootless."

- cornerboy on Munster's victory over Saracens in Thomond Park, October 2014:

It would be jammed around there at the finish at that time as that is when the majority of runners would be coming in at around 2 hours after the winners. Horrendous.
    Last edited by wrangy; 15th-April-2013 at 20:30.

CNN & Fox reporting 2 more devices found & are being dismantled.

Leader of the Red Hordes
    Reports of a third bomb in a public library.

Munster Dog of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Viigand View Post
    Reports of a third bomb in a public library.
    Yeah thats at the JFK library outside of the city, according to Reuters.

Quote Originally Posted by Drick View Post
    CNN & Fox reporting 2 more devices found & are being dismantled.
    UPDAYE: no more devices found yet, & they are treating all dropped bags, packages etc at the scene as suspicious devices, & doing some controlled explosions on these.

confirmed a third explosion, at the JFK library.

http://www.policymic.com/mobile/arti...oston-hospital

According to the*New York Post
    , a Saudi national who is suspected of being behind Monday's attacks at the Boston Marathon, is at a Boston hospital. He is said to have either suffered shrapnel wounds from the explosition, or to have suffered injuries while being apprehended. ThePost*article reports,
    Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.
    Last edited by NotreDameRFC; 15th-April-2013 at 21:17.
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Leader of the Red Hordes RED 49's Avatar
    Person of interest in custody according to Fox News

family members of the Newtown school shooting were sitting in VIP section at finish line.
    The race itself honoured the 26 poor kids today.
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Admiral of the Fleet
    Horrendous. Hope there no more explosions and the poor innocentvictims have my deepest sympathy.

Sincerely hope they find/disable any remaining devices. At least they seem to be fairly quick off the mark with that 1 arrest.

Wonder what the perpetrators were trying to prove. Boston is one oldest and most respected marathons in the world; def. not the fastest course but carries more kudos than most; winning it is still up there with the Olympic one. I still remember when Neil Cusack won it as a teenager - still the fastest by a teenager afaik.

Tragic stuff.

Very worrying food for thought for Scotland Yard too with a eye to a certain funeral this week...
    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Quote Originally Posted by busby View Post
    Tragic stuff.

Very worrying food for thought for Scotland Yard too with a eye to a certain funeral this week...
    London marathon is next Sunday.

Leader of the Red Hordes
    Terrible stuff alright, absolutely appalling. You just don't know what is next.
    Last edited by Red Hand Hero; 16th-April-2013 at 12:59. Reason: Hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by RED 49 View Post
    Person of interest in custody according to Fox News
    no one in custody , however fox reporting that Boston PD have someone under heavy guard at a hospital.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Drick For This Useful Post:

This has feel of domestic.

i know terror is terror regardless of where it came from.

one the dead is 8 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
    This has feel of domestic.

i know terror is terror regardless of where it came from.

one the dead is 8 yrs old.
    Ah Sh!te

family members of the Newtown school shooting were sitting in VIP section at finish line.
    The race itself honoured the 26 poor kids today.
    This has feel of domestic
    Pure speculation, and of course we don't know anything yet....but like you say this does almost feel domestic like some sort of far-right militiamen?

Quote Originally Posted by born to hula View Post

Pure speculation, and of course we don't know anything yet....but like you say this does almost feel domestic like some sort of far-right militiamen?

my two comments wasn't meant to be linked in anyway..

the first one re Newtown is a fact i merely highlighting more horror these families have gone through.

the 2nd one which im not relating to Newtown....is speculation and moreso me talking out loud than trying to guesstimate who did it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NotreDameRFC For This Useful Post:

Ny Times now saying 5 bombs....2 exploded at finishing line and 3 unexploded elsewhere...plus the fire at JFK library.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
    Terrible stuff alright, absolutely appalling. You just don't know what is next.

Wonder does MrsMcGahan/Ian still stand over his comments from last week regarding bombings today....

Just 'cos the Saracens blew you lot up in Twickers don't be tarring everybody with the same brush.

How about we all avoid trivialising a still-developing tragedy with smart-arse remarks and petty fighting?
    "A victory for ruthless over rootless."

- cornerboy on Munster's victory over Saracens in Thomond Park, October 2014:

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mr chips For This Useful Post:

Admiral of the Fleet Waterfordlad's Avatar
    A couple of guys from work are over there running for charity. We just heard both are ok thank God.
    The good thing about lending someone your time machine is that you basically get it back immediately

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Waterfordlad For This Useful Post:

I'd advise people to avoid using Murdoch owned news organisations as sources for info on this. So far they have been sensationalist and very wrong in their coverage of the situation in Boston. Quoting them only serves to spread fear, conjecture and lies. The NewYork Post & FoxNews in particular are disreputable sources. I would suggest Storyful.com or Reuters for a more realistic and fact based reportage & analysis.

This is a story that will change with regularity over the coming day(s). No group has claimed responsibility. The longer it goes unclaimed the greater the room for speculation, conjecture and rumours. So far the death toll is low, but in all likelihood that too will change. There's very little doubt that it is a terrorist act, but as to who's responsible....it could be anyone.
    Its an awful story and even more horrific for the families of those killed in Sandy Hook, many of whom were honoured guests in the grandstand at the finish line. What a truly horrible situation.
    “People are broad-minded. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive, there's something wrong with him.” - Art Buchwald

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to James Lynch For This Useful Post:

Not a good day to live in this city, but a great day to hear of all the people that did good as opposed to the small number of sick Fuchs that did bad.

Boston can take a lot, the red Sox are or baseball team, we're used to trauma!

Also hope any brown guy with a bag isn't tackled/shot in the city in the next few days.