Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    munsterfan

"de legend of Zebo"

Thats it

Admiral of the Fleet
    Reminiscent of a blank canvas. Anythings possible.
    We are in an absolute industrial logic.
    Jn.AllezDax.Com

Leader of the Red Hordes Paddy Whac's Avatar
    Our highest try scorer of the season so far, followed by Barnes.

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Dead right!
    Some boot on him, and a demon for work on the field, even the yellow card incident. Chanced his arm.
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee
    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. Wittgenstein,

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Italian TV fascinated by the Barnes barnet.
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee
    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. Wittgenstein,

Admiral of the Fleet
    Henceforth to be known as Barnet!
    Jn.AllezDax.Com

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ustix For This Useful Post:

Admiral of the Fleet blackwarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isola ciarrai View Post
    Italian TV fascinated by the Barnes barnet.
    I didn't see the match ..... explain please?
    "Playing against ROG, your big game plan is to try and pressure him but he’d dump it off to Wally and next thing you’re five metres behind the gain line because he was an absolute freak." Rory Best, Irish Examiner, May 2012

No doubt this guy is the future.
    THE IRISH WOULD HAVE RULED THE WORLD, IF THEY NEVER INVENTED THE PUB

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwarrior View Post
    I didn't see the match ..... explain please?

His hair is a pinnacle of wonder and awe.
    I am the million man.

Protector Of Shrubberies The Word Is Born's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I read that very quickly and instantly thought of this man;

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Admiral of the Fleet
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    A poster in a million in action. I loves it.
    Jn.AllezDax.Com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ustix For This Useful Post:

6 tries in his last 3 games, some work.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Described as 'luminescent' in the match report on the Treviso website

Admiral of the Fleet
    Jokes aside. I think it was the Scarlets coach who said that G. North hadn't scored a try from them since May last year. When you think of some of the current Welsh 'greats' at their clubs - you'd have been kind to them not to describe them as useless (before they proved otherwise in the red of Wales).

OK, Zebo is playing with a winning outfit and it is easier to shine in that environment but you'd have to say that there isn't a more exciting finisher in the RaboDirect and dare I say HEC this season. Still very raw but a tremendous talent. How long before his 1st cap? Has to come this summer surely if not sooner?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Easy now , lets all calm down !!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mac22 For This Useful Post:

Genuine question, because I'm still not sure. Does he have the flat out gas to be a test winger in that mould? I don't know of it's his gait, but I find it very hard to sense how fast he's actually running.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Admiral of the Fleet
    Quote Originally Posted by Balla Boy View Post
    Genuine question, because I'm still not sure. Does he have the flat out gas to be a test winger in that mould? I don't know of it's his gait, but I find it very hard to sense how fast he's actually running.
    Obviously we will find out when he gets the chance but like Bowe, he seems to be running slowly except you see that the guy chasing isn't actually gaining on him but rather losing ground. Deceptively quick is a term used widely and is pretty apprpriate here. Same apparent ability to break tackles as Bowe and North. Guys just seem to fall off him. if the tackle isn't exectuted perfectly, he just goes through it.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Admiral of the Fleet
    Quote Originally Posted by mac22 View Post
    Easy now , lets all calm down !!
    Do you know what - that is one of our problems. We just love to talk our young players down, say they're not good enough etc (if most of our players read these forums and likes of Outlaw's opinion of them, they'd give up pro rugby). It's time we had a bit more faith in our young players. If we expect nothing of them, that's what they'll deliver and we'll see them at 25 and still not in the 1st team.. I'm seeing the likes of PO'M, Sherry, Zebo, Murray, DOC2 coming in (Where's Nagle?) and all will be regular INTL's (injury permitting). A few more might surprise us once they get a run of games.
    Albert Einstein

Tobyglen
    Zebo? He has explosive pace, that's very obvious. He's going to earn many international caps.

As an aside, his sister is an international sprinter so the fast twitch fibres are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobyglen View Post
    Zebo? He has explosive pace, that's very obvious. He's going to earn many international caps.

As an aside, his sister is an international sprinter so the fast twitch fibres are there.
    You can see his acceleration, which is vital, but I'm not clear on whether he's a Jason Robinson style "first twenty" sprinter or if he has the flat out top speed of a Hickie.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Munster Praetorian Guard Kevy-Wevz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcork View Post
    Do you know what - that is one of our problems. We just love to talk our young players down, say they're not good enough etc (if most of our players read these forums and likes of Outlaw's opinion of them, they'd give up pro rugby). It's time we had a bit more faith in our young players. If we expect nothing of them, that's what they'll deliver and we'll see them at 25 and still not in the 1st team.. I'm seeing the likes of PO'M, Sherry, Zebo, Murray, DOC2 coming in (Where's Nagle?) and all will be regular INTL's (injury permitting). A few more might surprise us once they get a run of games.

Are you kidding me..?

We have the exact opposite problem on this site. When Nagle had a great MOTM performance against Oz, he was hailed as the next PO'C in the making. Oh there was no doubt about it, he would now be a regular fixture in the Munster senior squad and gather a handful of caps in the preceding 12 months.

When Barnes found form at the tail end of last season, all our problems were solved. We had a versatile centre who needed to be ushered into all the HEC games and international squad ASAP.

Peter O'Mahony made a fantastic breakthrough this season. But lord almighty you'd think he was the second coming.

And now Zebo. Great performances to be sure, but I like to watch a player at the senior level for at least a full season(preferably 2) before we start talking about how all the provincial and national issues have been solved by these 'liginds' that Munster have been developing in secret.

**Disclaimer**
    This is not an attack on the players or their abilities. I truly wish them all the best and hope they perform to their potential and more. But wow there's a real lack of clarity around here sometimes

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    Great to see our wingers scoring tries! I'm not going to get into the future fawning about Zebot, he has a fantastic start made and fingers crossed it'll continue. But, for me to see both our wingers scoring and one of our centres as well is brilliant. We were set up much deeper yesterday afternoon. Everybody running onto the ball, dummy runners it was great.

Was Zebo has in abundance is belief. He sees a half chance he goes for it.
    I am the million man.

Munster Berserker
    Cork, formerly of Dublin, formerly of Cork!
    1. He is fast, very fast, 100m in 10 point something over the summer!

2. I wish Brent Pope would shut the **** up about his socks.

3. Confident & Cocky but also a hard worker, 3 things you cant make someone, he just has it.

4. This years six nations is a bit too early for him, expect to see him in NZ during the summer but lets be honest, no one is going to be able to do a whole lot in those games, cant see him bagging many if any tries there and I would then say cue the naysayers! But its okay, he wont listen to them and will be tearing up the Pro12 and HC again next season and then the 6 nations wont be too soon.. all this is injury permitting!

Leader of the Red Hordes Dowlinz's Avatar
    Been watching him for a few years at con and he's the single most exciting young talent I can recall seeing. He'll be labelled as a speed merchant and rightfully so but its his speed of thought and general match intelligence that really separates him for the many gormless speed merchants the likes of England have had lining their wings for years. This kid will be huge, I could see him being the BOD/ROG/POC level of influence and notoriety for his generation.

I reckon he could be starting for Ireland next six nations and will be on the Lions squad next summer.

Tobyglen
    You can see his acceleration, which is vital, but I'm not clear on whether he's a Jason Robinson style "first twenty" sprinter or if he has the flat out top speed of a Hickie.
    Looks like Flat out speed. Few videos on youtube from when he played at schools. Very similar pace to Hickie imo.

Tobyglen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevy-Wevz View Post
    Are you kidding me..?

We have the exact opposite problem on this site. When Nagle had a great MOTM performance against Oz, he was hailed as the next PO'C in the making. Oh there was no doubt about it, he would now be a regular fixture in the Munster senior squad and gather a handful of caps in the preceding 12 months.

When Barnes found form at the tail end of last season, all our problems were solved. We had a versatile centre who needed to be ushered into all the HEC games and international squad ASAP.

Peter O'Mahony made a fantastic breakthrough this season. But lord almighty you'd think he was the second coming.

And now Zebo. Great performances to be sure, but I like to watch a player at the senior level for at least a full season(preferably 2) before we start talking about how all the provincial and national issues have been solved by these 'liginds' that Munster have been developing in secret.

**Disclaimer**
    This is not an attack on the players or their abilities. I truly wish them all the best and hope they perform to their potential and more. But wow there's a real lack of clarity around here sometimes
    There's a classy bunch of Munster players coming through, that was obvious 2 years ago. POM, Zebo, Murray, Nagle will all be internationals. Butler, DOC 11, & now Hanrahan are showing great promise. Archer is also finally showing signs of improvement.

Still no Limerick forwards which is very strange.
    Last edited by Tobyglen; 19th-February-2012 at 13:33.

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire The Outlaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcork View Post
    But thats the difference between me and you. The ones I call usually make it.

On here anyone who plays well in the Rabo is the next Mike Gibson. Some of the judgement calls are lamentable at times here.

Zebo has the goods to make it. Big physique and he's so quick. He has massive competition from Dave kearney who is probably ahead of him at present.

But that yellow card yesterday is a reason why he may not make it. It was an awful stupid act of petulance IMO that can cost teams games. Needs to cut that ****e out.

However he will be internationally capped IMO. As will POM. However Hanrahan may be better then both of them and you can quote me on that. I have rarely seen an Irish back with the skill-level Hanrahan has. Pace, strength, passes off both hands and can kick. Whats not to like? If he would only get rid of the spare tyre he could be sensational

After that it will be a struggle.
    Last edited by The Outlaw; 19th-February-2012 at 13:53.
    Connacht Rugby

"Live to win. Born to lose"

33. The Following User Says Thank You to The Outlaw For This Useful Post:

Petulance? Really?