Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Munster Berserker
    Best of luck Tomas.
    "Women are like quantum physics. The fact that you think you understand them is evidence that you haven’t a clue what’s going on."

@ Ross O'Carroll-Kelly.

Shove it up your h...
    best of luck Tomas, you were a great player and will be again.

Admiral of the Fleet
    Best of luck to him, hopefully there he will be allowed to find his form and stay injury free, so he can get back to the player he was and is still capable of being.
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/10264.php

Seems to be saying "it was his decision, not our's, anyway, we still have Stringer!"
    Weird press release.
    It is indeed. Goods news for the Little Man, if he wants it.

Unlike many posters here, feel that TOL should have stayed and fought for his place and form, given that he was paid by both Ireland and Munster for almost 2 years while hardly playing. Best of luck to him. A career is short - ask poor Fla who hardly played after 30 and suffered hugely. Will suit him better than France, I think.
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee

Best of luck Tomás, go n'eirí an t-áth leat a bhuachaill! I'll go to my grave before I forget that tackle against benoit baby on our try line against Clermont!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to déiseman For This Useful Post:

Admiral of the Fleet blackwarrior's Avatar
    Best of luck Tomás; enjoy your move, find your form and your smile again! Thanks for everything.
    "Playing against ROG, your big game plan is to try and pressure him but he’d dump it off to Wally and next thing you’re five metres behind the gain line because he was an absolute freak." Rory Best, Irish Examiner, May 2012

Strange times, holding the possibility of both success and waning, depending on decisions made in the next short while with regard to a coach and the position of Axel. See that a committee has been appointed to search for a new head coach, with John Kelly as a member. Let's face it - Garrett and he alone will choose the new coach, no matter what spin is put out.

The men of 06 and 08 are leaving the stage - Bull,Dowling, Barry Murphy, Quinny, Fla, TOL, Mafi (it seems), Buckley (sadly fading without ever reaching his promise - illness a problem), one year extension for Marcus, possibly more.
    A first choice Munster team for 1/4 final, allowing for injuries and loss of form, would include only POC, DOC, ROG, Mafi from the team which won the HEC only a few years ago. That supposes Wally not fit and TOL, Denis Hurley not in form for first XV selection.

The TOL situation represents our part of an issue which will affect Ulster and Leinster soon-ish - the impossibility of keeping players who fancy their chances and are not in line for central contracts, and are not getting first XV selection - Madigan, Hagan (what a wasted year, when he could have had regular HEC with Westies), Carr, Conway, Eoin O'Malley, Whitten, possibly Spence, McAllister and more. If Connacht do not get fairly regular HEC rugby, hard to keep Griffin, McSharry, O'Halloran unless IRFU puts in big bucks.
    With the slide of our team into mediocrity except for one-off epics and all of the above happening, strange and unsettling times indeed for Irish rugby, though also with latent greatness if the correct decisions are taken at provincial and national level.
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee

Good luck Tomas. Despite his irregular form of late I believed he would retain his Lions form soon and prove to be an integral part of our HEC ambitions next Season. I think we will live to regret this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Moon View Post
    Good luck Tomas. Despite his irregular form of late I believed he would retain his Lions form soon and prove to be an integral part of our HEC ambitions next Season. I think we will live to regret this decision.
    Surely not our (Munsters) decision though? Once TOL lost the central contract, and his first XV place here, this was inevitable. Clear from statement that Munster made an offer but even with salary cap in AP, Irish still bigger pockets than us.
    Philip Toynbee

Its his decision true. He has made the right decision imo considering the situation he is in. I doubt this is about Money. Munster and the IRFU ought to be able to ensure that Players with Lions potential have a better choice than the one he has taken. The money wasted on the Crocks and useless Players we seem to buy just recently and the Players who will never make the grade from the AIL saddens me when I hear a once great Player and potentially great Player again is leaving.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cougar Moon For This Useful Post:

Munster Praetorian Guard bazzyg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Moon View Post
    Its his decision true. He has made the right decision imo considering the situation he is in. I doubt this is about Money. Munster and the IRFU ought to be able to ensure that Players with Lions potential have a better choice than the one he has taken. The money wasted on the Crocks and useless Players we seem to buy just recently and the Players who will never make the grade from the AIL saddens me when I hear a once great Player and potentially great Player again is leaving.
    If a player that had been bought in performed as poorly for so long, the talk about wasted money would be shockin, look at Dwayne Peel he fell like a stone also. Best thing was a move for everyone and away to new goals.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzyg For This Useful Post:

Great Shogun of the Red Empire sewa's Avatar
    Its worrying all right. We have sweet FA as back up now. Strings will hardly be in any rush to come back given how quick we were to send him off to not one but two clubs.
    David Wallace, James Coughlan - Heroes, Jonathan Davies

Quote Originally Posted by cilldioma View Post
    He's also mentioned as a "half back". So obviously they are going to play him at 10.

PS

Best of luck TOL.
    Southern hemisphere (NZ) vernacular?

9 = halfback
    10= 1st 5/8
    12= 2nd 5/8
    13= centre...

Never in the history of mankind have so few written so much about so little.

Munster Praetorian Guard bazzyg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sewa View Post
    Its worrying all right. We have sweet FA as back up now. Strings will hardly be in any rush to come back given how quick we were to send him off to not one but two clubs.
    At least he is still playing, until TOL finally decided to walk Stringer would have been scratching around. Williams should get every game now, himself and Keatley very rarely get to play behind a pack that is boss.

Great Shogun of the Red Empire sewa's Avatar
    Stop saying his name will ya, it gives me fricking nightmares
    David Wallace, James Coughlan - Heroes, Jonathan Davies

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sewa For This Useful Post:

taz

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/10264.php

Seems to be saying "it was his decision, not our's, anyway, we still have Stringer!"
    Weird press release.
    Seems to be a typically d*ck-ish move from the press office and Geraghty. They wouldn't even headline it with a decent photo, instead they've used one aiming to make him look like a bit of a t*t. Juvenile stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugonaut View Post
    Seems to be a typically d*ck-ish move from the press office and Geraghty. They wouldn't even headline it with a decent photo, instead they've used one aiming to make him look like a bit of a t*t. Juvenile stuff.
    Juvenile is cahill and yourself posting lol look what munster just did over on leinsterfans.You hugo with all your Mode Edit.

Less of the personal abuse please.

Quote Originally Posted by flimwodd View Post
    Juvenile is cahill and yourself posting lol look what munster just did over on leinsterfans.You hugo with all your ilk are full Mode Edit.

I dunno, Pat G has a toxic attitude towards the public judging by the tripe he either writes himself or allows out on munsterrugby.ie.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyFantastic For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
    I dunno, Pat G has a toxic attitude towards the public judging by the tripe he either writes himself or allows out on munsterrugby.ie.
    +1.

Petty, indignant stuff.

How about just saying he is leaving, thank him for the great days he had in the shirt and wish him well?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cilldioma For This Useful Post:

I'd love to think he will be back at some stage soon. All I can say is that I am sad to see him have to leave.. but I wish him the very best of good luck and look forward to him coming back to us an even better player sometime in the future.. Best of luck Tomas !!!

and thank you for the great days !! as someone said above.
    Calm yourself sir.. you\'re going to give yourself skin failure.

Munster Praetorian Guard Buceph's Avatar
    I'll definitely be getting Sky now so I can tune in every week and yell at them for calling him Toe-mass.
    I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Buceph For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flimwodd View Post
    Juvenile is cahill and yourself posting lol look what munster just did over on leinsterfans.You hugo with all your ilk are full Mode Edit.

Your a great man to be watching on our behalf.
    Otaga Daily Times 2/5/2012
    Taz-Where did you get that information as I have seen nowhere that he(Penney) was ruled out?
    Editor - The writer stands by the Penney information.
    Otaga Daily Times 3/5/2012
    Editor-
    - This article originally said Rob Penney had missed out on the Munster coaching job. That information was incorrect.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to taz For This Useful Post:

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire the plastic paddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redherring View Post
    the man's confidence must be at an all time low this could be good for him. Let's get Strings back and have him as our secret weapon on the bench for the remainder of the season.
    HEC cup tied though.

Just throwing this out there but who dont Munster have someone who is competent and qualifed
    to update their website?.. Surely they cant be happy with these sub standard articles.

Munster Praetorian Guard HurlerOnDeDitch's Avatar
    The last couple of years have been tough but his form of 2008 and 2009 was breathtaking.

We looked dead certs for the HEC until his injury in 2009 and he fully deserved his Loins callup.

We have rarely seen the best of him since then but he and Fla are 2 of the guys who did the tireless, thankless work that brought Munster 2 HECs in 3 years. Very sad to lose them both yesterday.

Good luck with London Irish Thomas, hope we see you back to your best and back in a Munster jersey some day.

Thanks for the great days.

Quote Originally Posted by rua13 View Post
    Just throwing this out there but who dont Munster have someone who is competent and qualifed
    to update their website?.. Surely they cant be happy with these sub standard articles.
    Clearly they are, otherwise they'd have updated it

Never in the history of mankind have so few written so much about so little.

Munster Praetorian Guard Colliniho's Avatar
    They could at least have fixed the spelling mistakes...
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Best of luck Tomas, no doubt you will soon find the form that made you a Lion. That press release on the website is a disgrace. Is this all a HEC, Magners and Lion deserves as a send off? Not to mention it reads as though it was written by a two year old!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to eddie dillon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Colliniho View Post
    They could at least have fixed the spelling mistakes...
    One fixed "finished"!

(Psssst Pat if you are reading this, first line see "propsed" and fix please ,there's a good lad. )
    Otaga Daily Times 2/5/2012
    Taz-Where did you get that information as I have seen nowhere that he(Penney) was ruled out?
    Editor - The writer stands by the Penney information.
    Otaga Daily Times 3/5/2012
    Editor-
    - This article originally said Rob Penney had missed out on the Munster coaching job. That information was incorrect.

TOL was playing well when our pack was dominating most sides.
    When the pack struggled, TOL struggled, after playing behind a dominant pack for such a long time having an armchair ride, he had it to easy for to long.
    He couldnt handle being on the back-foot, so his game deteriorated.
    Dont think he will find it easy at LI, especialy with the pack they have.