Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Leader of the Red Hordes
    Looks like o leary can start to play hardball at the negotiating table now.

i think this could be jsut what TOL needs to bounce back,. He was abysmal the other night, but he seems like the type of guy that will respond when needed (recently he's had an opt out knowing he wouldnt get the big games). He did the business before , he can do it again. best thing would be for faith to be shown in him.

Leader of the Red Hordes Dowlinz's Avatar
    If Murray was out for a while I think it'd be just what TOL needs to get him going. From and Irish PoV I wonder whose ahead between him and Boss in Kidneys estimations. Particularly after TOL's great performance in the Wolfhounds game.

Boss is ahead.
    Otaga Daily Times 2/5/2012
    Taz-Where did you get that information as I have seen nowhere that he(Penney) was ruled out?
    Editor - The writer stands by the Penney information.
    Otaga Daily Times 3/5/2012
    Editor-
    - This article originally said Rob Penney had missed out on the Munster coaching job. That information was incorrect.

The one who knocks Captain Average's Avatar
    Boss is ahead by a country mile. You couldn't possibly justify calling TOL up to the Irish set-up at the moment, with the way he's currently performing for Munster.
    Why are we persisting with him if he's off to foreign shores anyway? Start "Steps" instead and see if he can improve like Murray did with a run of games.
    You don't need eyes to see. You need vision.

Munster Berserker
    Look what the run of games did for Hurley while Felix was injured. I hope Murray just needs a few weeks rest, but in the worst case scenario of ACL damage, Tomas has done it before and with a little bit more certainty on the selection front, he may do it again.

My name is Mandy and I live with my mom! i_like_cake's Avatar
    Is TOL staying or what..??
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_cake View Post
    Is TOL staying or what..??
    NO

D we need him?
    I dont think so!

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corklet View Post
    D we need him?
    I dont think so!
    With the way Duncan Williams is developing, we absolutely do need TOL. Or else bring in Frank Murphy or give Stringer one more go.
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumptruck View Post
    NO
    Where's he off to? Perpignan is dead now. Perhaps Niall Woods a bit too greedy in negotiations? He did his cause no harm with display on Saturday, though. Now again "current Irish international TOL".
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by isola ciarrai View Post
    Where's he off to? Perpignan is dead now. Perhaps Niall Woods a bit too greedy in negotiations? He did his cause no harm with display on Saturday, though. Now again "current Irish international TOL".
    No idea,

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dumptruck For This Useful Post:

Can't imagine he'd struggle to get a start in the premiership. Would suit his game as well, imo.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

Quote Originally Posted by Balla Boy View Post
    Can't imagine he'd struggle to get a start in the premiership. Would suit his game as well, imo.
    Possibly,I'd say Niall Woods is sweating though...

Last I had heard was that he was offered a deal,did not accept what was on the table and that was the end of it.. no wriggle room of note...

Is Perpignan dead ? Was there anything official from USAP to say they were no longer interested ? Yes they signed one scrumhalf, but maybe they were signing two ?

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    Is Perpignan dead ? Was there anything official from USAP to say they were no longer interested ? Yes they signed one scrumhalf, but maybe they were signing two ?
    I read somewhere where they said he was too expensive for what he brings.
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Tomás is off to London Irish. just announced on RTÉ
    “We’re in this mess, not because Fianna Fail policies have failed, but because they have succeeded.” They haven't gone away, you know"

Munster Praetorian Guard POC Lost Tooth's Avatar
    Interesting.
    The London pubs won't know what hit them

Yup 3 year deal to the not nots.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/rugby_irish/95977/
    Otaga Daily Times 2/5/2012
    Taz-Where did you get that information as I have seen nowhere that he(Penney) was ruled out?
    Editor - The writer stands by the Penney information.
    Otaga Daily Times 3/5/2012
    Editor-
    - This article originally said Rob Penney had missed out on the Munster coaching job. That information was incorrect.

In the Departure Lounge Old Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by POC Lost Tooth View Post
    Interesting.
    The London pubs won't know what hit them
    As long as that's all that he hits!

Pride+Honesty cromulence Cowboy's Avatar
    The best of luck Tomás! I hope you have a stormer over in Reading and its a good move. The Premiership will be raving about your ability to knock people back on their holes and teak tough physicality. Gwan Tomás
    I am the million man.

Obviously just shows there's absolutely no link or communication whatsoever between the the IRFU & London Irish anymore

Niall Woods is on The Examiner saying there were 2 offers from French teams, the kite flying obviously worked getting Irish to sign him quickly. Best of luck to him in his future, hope it works out for him, it might be just whats needed for him.
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Best of luck to Tomás, hope the move works out for him.
    4 Feb 2011 - Gilmore on the General Election

"Frankfurts way or Labours way."

28 Feb 2012 - Gilmore on a yes vote for the fiscal treaty

"A vote for economic stability and a vote for economic recovery."

offical link on the not-not's site

http://london-irish.com/news/Irish84186.ink

Best of luck to TOL. He's shipped more than his fair share of abuse here.

p.s. Interesting to note he's mentioned as a 9 by the Not Nots, and not as a utility back

Never in the history of mankind have so few written so much about so little.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post

p.s. Interesting to note he's mentioned as a 9 by the Not Nots, and not as a utility back
    He's certainly been something of a whipping boy for sure. But I'd still pick him any day of the week over Williams, at the moment.

When is Sheridan going to get a run???

Munster Praetorian Guard Weetabix's Avatar
    You could never say he didn't give 110%, but it's probably best for both parties now for him to go.
    Vying with Paul Hodgson over there for the starting 9.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post

He's also mentioned as a "half back". So obviously they are going to play him at 10.

PS

Best of luck TOL.

Really, really hope it works out for him. Would be great to see him back to his best. Good luck.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win