Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Treviso v Munster Team post # 83

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/12301.php
    Preview: Benetton Treviso v Munster
    Benetton Treviso have slipped to four straight defeats in all competitions but at least did win their most recent home game in the RaboDirect PRO12: 37-14 over Aironi on New Year's Eve.
    Treviso's two victories over Irish provinces this season have both come away from home!

Munster will hope for better luck on this trip to Italy than last week, when their clash at Aironi was postponed due to snow and frost in Viadana. Munster's solo defeat in their last seven matches in all competitions was 17-33 at Ulster on 30 December. The Munstermen have lost their last four away games in the RaboDirect PRO12 since their 18-13 victory at Cardiff Blues on 23 September.

Treviso won this equivalent fixture last season - their only previous win over Munster.

At Stadio Monigo, 4.15pm local time (3.15 UK & Ireland).
    Referee :Neil Hennessey (WRU, 8th competition game)
    Assistant Referees: Carlo Damasco, Matteo Liperini (both FIR)
    Citing Commissioner : Alberto Recaldini (FIR)
    TMO: Mauro Dordolo (FIR)

Live on Rai Sport

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/10108.php

It's An Ill Wind...
    14 February 2012, 5:11 pm
    By The Editor

It's an ill wind that doesn't blow some good although perhaps a heavy frost would be more appropriate in the circumstances given that the cancelled RBS Six Nations game last Saturday means Munster travel to Italy on Thursday stronger than they might have anticipated.
    The original two day international camp in Belfast has been cancelled, with a shorter one day camp taking place in Carton House, outside Maynooth (Co Kildare) on Wednesday, 15thFebruary.A squad of 30 players will gather in the camp after which all of the players, with the exception of the starting XV that were selected to play France, will be released to their provinces for game time in the RaboDirect Pro12.
    That means that Ronan O'Gara, Donnacha Ryan and Peter O'Mahony will all be on the early am flight that lands in Stanstead before the onward journey to Treviso.
    It would also seem likely that Keith Earls, who was selected to play against the French, having missed the Welsh game, would also be in the squad for Munster's re-entry into RaboDirect PRO12 action.
    The squad to travel is expected to be named tomorrow after training in Cork.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/10109.php

Huge Game For Munster In Italy
    14 February 2012, 8:18 pm
    By The Editor

When Munster set out for their trip to Italy early doors tomorrow morning (they have a 5am check-in) they'll be in fourth place in the RaboDirect PRO12 table.
    However, by the time they kick off their game against Treviso, some 60 hours later, they are likely to have slipped to fifth, replaced by whoever emerges victorious from the clash at the Cardiff City Stadium the night before.And what makes their game in the Stadio di Monigo all the more significant is the almost certainty that leaders Leinster and second placed Ospreys will continue on their winning ways, Leinster at home to Scarlets and Ospreys at home to Aironi.
    Even at this stage with eight games for them to go, only an implosion of massive proportions will deny Leinster a 'home' semi but Ospreys are far from home 'n hosed in that regard. However, were they to win with maximum points this weekend, it could leave the chasing pack looking for away semi final trips. And going to places they'd rather not.
    Munster complete their preparations this morning in CIT and name their squad afterwards.
    That squad will check into Cork and Shannon Airports tomorrow morning in the wee hours and head for London Stanstead before continuing on to Treviso.

Munster Dog of War
    du Preez, Sherry, Botha, Ryan, Nagle, DOC2.0, POM, Coughlan;
    TOL, ROG, Zebo, Mafi, Earls, O'Dea, Hurley

My name is Mandy and I live with my mom! i_like_cake's Avatar
    actual team...????
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Need to win this one
    Classic Lievremont

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lactose intolerant For This Useful Post:

Leader of the Red Hordes Paddy Whac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i_like_cake View Post
    actual team...????
    Doubt it, thomond likes to pick his team in advance of the official team announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by lactose intolerant View Post
    Need to win this one
    All messing aside, we do; and win well. We must be in the top 4 come the play-offs, and home draws are worth a lot of money. We need to start converting these. Thing is, Treviso away isn't easy any more.
    "Letís do what weíre good at, letís do what weíre good at... You go after the weakness, you donít worry what it looks like to anybody else." - Axel.

"All scrums are sexy." - Nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_cake View Post
    actual team...????
    2 days too early for the official announcement.

Never in the history of mankind have so few written so much about so little.

Spoilsport. Boo! BOOOOOOOOOO!
    "Letís do what weíre good at, letís do what weíre good at... You go after the weakness, you donít worry what it looks like to anybody else." - Axel.

It's also being shown on RTE 2 coverage starts at 3 just checked sky
    I formed a new group called Alcoholics-Unanimous. If you don\'t feel like a drink, you ring another member and he comes over to persuade you.
    Richard Harris

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howbad For This Useful Post:

WdP, Varls, BJ, DOC, Ryan, ToD, PoM, Cawlin, O'Leary, RoG, Zebo, Mafi, Earls, Murphy, Hurley.

POC to come on for DOC, Murray for O'Leary, Keatly for ROG, Barnes for Earls after 50 mins or so.
    Point on Penney
    "Such that our stock had fallen, I'm happy that we've made a QF, as it means good news for season ticket renewals, which contributes to keeping the whole show on the road (as you well know). After that, it's about performance, and I'm pleased more and more of the Munster forward power has come back into how we play. Everything after that is and hopefully will be, a pleasant surprise."

POC, DOC, Earls and Murray not released: starters on Saturday, I thought?

Leader of the Red Hordes overthehillprop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomond78 View Post
    I think Earls might be released to give him some gametime.
    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
    WdP, Varls, BJ, DOC, Ryan, ToD, PoM, Cawlin, O'Leary, RoG, Zebo, Mafi, Earls, Murphy, Hurley.

POC to come on for DOC, Murray for O'Leary, Keatly for ROG, Barnes for Earls after 50 mins or so.
    Would be good to see TOD at 6 alright, think it's a better fit for him than 7. Doubt either POC or DOC will be released so Nagle and Ryan in the second row?
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Protector Of Shrubberies The Word Is Born's Avatar
    Nagle has had his one start this season. We need to keep him wrapped up until his next start next season.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Word Is Born For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Shur we will see when then 56 man squad is announced later today, but from what I heard earlier this week, alot of the Irish players are due to get game time this week.
    Point on Penney
    "Such that our stock had fallen, I'm happy that we've made a QF, as it means good news for season ticket renewals, which contributes to keeping the whole show on the road (as you well know). After that, it's about performance, and I'm pleased more and more of the Munster forward power has come back into how we play. Everything after that is and hopefully will be, a pleasant surprise."

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
    Would be good to see TOD at 6 alright, think it's a better fit for him than 7. Doubt either POC or DOC will be released so Nagle and Ryan in the second row?
    Is TOD fit?
    I am the million man.

Munster Berserker
    Cork, formerly of Dublin, formerly of Cork!
    Was in full training going by the pictures last week.

Leader of the Red Hordes overthehillprop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Is TOD fit?
    He played AIL at the weekend I thought.
    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Is TOD fit?
    He's not at all my type, but I suppose he's what you'd call classically handsome.... that's what you were asking, right?
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeyFantastic For This Useful Post:

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    Excellent news!
    I am the million man.

Munster Praetorian Guard Colliniho's Avatar
    TOL starts at 6 for UL Bohs at the weekend according to limerickrugby
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

TOD even (doh...)

Excellent news!
    What, that TOD's not Joey's type? For TOD, certainly...

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/10112.php

Jones, Sherry & O'Donnell Included In Munster Squad

15 February 2012, 1:53 pm
    By The Editor

Felix Jones, Mike Shery and Tommy O'Donnell are all included in the 28 strong Munster squad that will travel to Italy in the morning for the RaboDirect PRO12 clash with Benetton Treviso on Saturday.

Also included are RBS Six Nations squad members Ronan O'Gara, Donnacha Ryan and Peter O'Mahony. Jones returned to action for Shannon last weekend after almost seven months sidelined with foot ligament damage while O'Donnell limped out of the December league game against Ulster in Ravenhill with a knee injury. Sherry, injured in a club game, has been out of the Munster squad since the game against Edinburgh in Murrayfield in October.

Eleven players are unavailable through injury while Paul O'Connell, Donncha O'Callaghan and Conor Murray, who were all due to start in the game against France are unavailable for selection.

Keith Earls had been released back to play but he'll remain in Limerick to be with his partner and newly born baby girl.

Munster Squad: Marcus Horan, Wian du Preez, Stephen Archer, John Ryan, BJ Botha, Denis Fogarty, Damien Varley, Sean Henry, Mike Sherry, Donnacha Ryan, Billy Holland, Mick O'Driscoll, Tommy O'Donnell, Dave O'Callaghan, Peter O'Mahony, James Coughlan,Paddy Butler, Duncan Williams, Tomas O'Leary, Cathal Sheridan, Ronan O'Gara, Scott Deasy, Simon Zebo, Johne Murphy, Lifeimi Mafi, Danny Barnes, Denis Hurley, Felix Jones.

Not considered because of injury: David Wallace (knee), Troy Smith (knee), Jerry Flannery (calf), Darragh Hurley (back), Tom Gleeson (shoulder), Doug Howlett (achilles), Denis Leamy (hip), Niall Ronan (knee), Dave Foley (shoulder), Ian Nagle (shoulder), Luke O'Dea (shoulder).

No Keatley? Strange one that. No sign of big Pete either despite there being photos of him training on the deadsite last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliniho View Post
    No Keatley? Strange one that. No sign of big Pete either despite there being photos of him training on the deadsite last week.
    The plane going to Treviso isn't an A380 you know.

Sin Binned
    Horrible list of injuries. We should be eligible to sign four or five all blacks from Japan surely

Quote Originally Posted by sewa View Post
    Horrible list of injuries. We should be eligible to sign four or five all blacks from Japan surely
    Mocking is catching sewa. Watch this space....