Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose intolerant View Post

Stay classy!

T78 are you 6'+?
    I am the million man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    You're a langer.

But damn you are one clever langer.

Damned if we're granting that langer status. Not near good enough for a Cork not good enough. *Sniffs in disdain*
    "Let’s do what we’re good at, let’s do what we’re good at... You go after the weakness, you don’t worry what it looks like to anybody else." - Axel.

"All scrums are sexy." - Nuke.

Back on topic....JJ is special!!

I remember him coming on against Esher in an A game in Dooradoyle near the start of last season (his fellow sub half back that day was one C Murray) and he left the entire opposition team, his own team, the ref and his officials, and everyone in attendance, for dead with an absolutely immaculate sidestep!! his break for the 6-3 penalty today was outrageous stuff
    Classic Lievremont

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lactose intolerant For This Useful Post:

Stay classy!

T78 are you 6'+?
    Yup.

AND pleased to see you, mein Schatzi...
    "Let’s do what we’re good at, let’s do what we’re good at... You go after the weakness, you don’t worry what it looks like to anybody else." - Axel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Yup.

AND pleased to see you, mein Schatzi...

YOU!

Get in the pack and present ball for Larry and myself, You are Lumux now......

Kill Lumux, KILL!
    I am the million man.

Munster Berserker
    I really hope that JJ makes the 10 shirt his own. Jackson not being released by Ulster may be the silver lining he needed

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    I really hope that JJ makes the 10 shirt his own. Jackson not being released by Ulster may be the silver lining he needed

Agree!

The youngfella is ice cool. Keep it up JJ.

Jesus 12 months ago we hadnt a clue how we were gonna find long term succession to Rog for club and country, now we've feasibly 4 options for Ireland!

Sextoid
    Madser
    PJ
    JJ
    I am the million man.

Take that, old Bok man.
    I am the million man.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Agree!

The youngfella is ice cool. Keep it up JJ.

Jesus 12 months ago we hadnt a clue how we were gonna find long term succession to Rog for club and country, now we've feasibly 4 options for Ireland!

Sextoid
    Madser
    PJ
    JJ
    Within the next few weeks (once my ankle heals) I shall have partaken in my first ever tag rugby match!!
    I fully expect to have made your list by the end of the summer!!

Also, Keats ftw
    Classic Lievremont

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lactose intolerant For This Useful Post:

Munster Berserker
    Cork, formerly of Dublin, formerly of Cork!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobyglen View Post
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv/...media&id=12094

Scannell speaking, Surely Limerick's most eloquent man.
    He's from Cork!

Mods are *fill in blank*? munstershane's Avatar
    Got to say I had a bank holiday smile all night after that performance.

looking forward to wtaching JJ play for the seniors next season. You've got to think he will get a chance in some match at least.
    I'll Flake Ya!

"Be moderate in everything, including moderation." - Horace Porter

Quote Originally Posted by munstershane View Post
    Got to say I had a bank holiday smile all night after that performance.

looking forward to wtaching JJ play for the seniors next season. You've got to think he will get a chance in some match at least.
    Penney won't be able to ignore him when he leads us to a World Cup win, single-handedly beating the Baby Blacks in the final
    Classic Lievremont

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lactose intolerant For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Outlaw View Post
    Backrow is far more important in senior international rugby in my view. With his ability around the park and his skill-level he'd be wasted in the second row. Nice problem to have all the same

We have some good young backrowers floating about while there aren't really any good young locks putting their hands up. Our need is greatest at lock, the guy is a brute and I think he could turn into a top class workhorse lock from the look of him.

Hanrahan looked better than anything Jackson turned in at ten for the U20's this season too, quality performance and a player worth getting excited about. There's a well above average crop this season.

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Quote Originally Posted by he man rugger pints View Post
    We have some good young backrowers floating about while there aren't really any good young locks putting their hands up. Our need is greatest at lock, the guy is a brute and I think he could turn into a top class workhorse lock from the look of him.
    I'm hopeful of a reinvented Nagle next season.. injury free fingers crossed. He will not disappear overnight,
    and is still a real prospect, let's not forget.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcmolloy View Post
    I'm hopeful of a reinvented Nagle next season.. injury free fingers crossed. He will not disappear overnight,
    and is still a real prospect, let's not forget.
    League performances only, i think Dave Foley has been far better than Nagle.
    I am the million man.

Munster Praetorian Guard

Munster Berserker
    Just think he'll be make a better 6 myself. Have never seen a second row that good on the ground. He plays like a 6 for me. granted others will disagree
    POC and Albacete, but on his position, you don't put a guy with that athleticism and size at 6 if you can get him in the second row.

He is going to be top class lock for Ulster and Ireland for a long time.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Quailman For This Useful Post:

Mods are *fill in blank*? munstershane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtcmolloy View Post
    Apparently Paddy Wallace cried off before the game.
    I'll Flake Ya!

"Be moderate in everything, including moderation." - Horace Porter

Munster Praetorian Guard

YOU!

Get in the pack and present ball for Larry and myself, You are Lumux now......

Kill Lumux, KILL!
    That's "Mr. Lumux, SIR!" to the stunted likes of you, ya double-digit-jersey dwarves!

I'm good with the kill bit, mind, no objections there...

you can see the ireland v sa match on http://www.supersport.com/rugby/juniors/video/160981

Quote Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
    POC and Albacete, but on his position, you don't put a guy with that athleticism and size at 6 if you can get him in the second row.He is going to be top class lock for Ulster and Ireland for a long time.
    POC good as he is was never that good on the ground. To me its a waste to have a guy like Henderson with his hands trucking the ball up the middle. With tuhy, donncha ryan, foley and maybe Toner i think we're fine in the second row. Trying to replace world class talents like ferris at 6 long term will be a huge problem IMO.

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire
    Ireland beating SA really has opened the group wide open.Even if England beat us ,they still have to beat the boks,it's going to be a very interesting group.

Munster Praetorian Guard
    POC good as he is was never that good on the ground. To me its a waste to have a guy like Henderson with his hands trucking the ball up the middle. With tuhy, donncha ryan, foley and maybe Toner i think we're fine in the second row. Trying to replace world class talents like ferris at 6 long term will be a huge problem IMO.
    He does remind me of ferris. Maybe what should swing this debate
    is his tackling game?
    I would like to see a meat eating tackler in the irish backrow
    again. Only fleetingly have we seen anything that can
    put hits in like mick fitzgibbon.. muldoon springs to mind.
    Maybe you don't get that so much from a taller player,
    and I'd fancy seeing this more in a seven than a six at any rate.

My name is Mandy and I live with my mom! i_like_cake's Avatar
    the names of the teams.... can some one give me a hand here...

Ireland = wolfhounds..??
    SA = Baby Boks..??
    NZ = Baby Blacks..?? sounds a bit odd....

anyone know the real names of these teamns, or are they just "Insert Country Here" U20´s.........
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Quote Originally Posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
    Jordi Murphy is a backrow player...

On Th side yes they have Ross hagan Moore( think Moore is TH Hugo?) and furlong ...rest are LH.

If hagan makes it..maybe we would get moore or Furlong.
    There is also Bent who is a tighthead coming in next season also....

Great perfromance last night really pleased fro all the lads...great committment and no little skill.

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_cake View Post

Ireland = wolfhounds..??
    SA = Baby Boks..??

anyone know the real names of these teamns, or are they just "Insert Country Here" U20´s.........
    Penney for Black Babies?

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Murillo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_cake View Post

Ireland = wolfhounds..??
    SA = Baby Boks..??

Wolfhounds are the Ireland A team.

SA informally call their 7s team the Blitz Boks. Which is just superb.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomond78 For This Useful Post:

Great result and performance last night. It wasn't a poxy plucky performance either, we had some real top quality performers and outplayed the boks in most facets of the game. Unlike some previous U20 sides, i thought we had a superb skill level, and there wasn't much evidence of senior cup superstars who couldn't translate to being good team performers which has dogged previous underage sides. I don't think they should be fearing anyone after that result.

Personally, it's disappointing to see so little Munster involvement (disappointed Buckley's not even in the match day squad) but that's tempered by seeing what a prospect JJ is. It's very difficult to see how he wasn't starting for the Munster A's in the final. I think he could be a top class Out Half (even if we'll see him at 12 more often than not for the next season or two), and is further confirmation to me that our best young players are backs and that this obsession with returning to turnip rugby is misguided.

Henderson is pure quality, like a cross between Ferris and POC. Please god the Ulster 'promising world class backrow' injury curse that has affected Pollock and looks to be affecting Ferris will stay away from him. I'd love to see him persisted with at lock. He can do all the work of a lock but with the intensity and athletesism of a backrow, that's diamond stuff. We'll never suffer for backrows in this country.
    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to busby For This Useful Post: