Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Admiral of the Fleet
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
    Best had a tremendous game.
    I thought the green headgear was a significant factor in his overall whirling dervish of a performance.
    Gwan Besty!
    We are in an absolute industrial logic.
    Jn.AllezDax.Com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ustix For This Useful Post:

Leader of the Red Hordes Boo-boo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ustix View Post
    I thought the green headgear was a significant factor in his overall whirling dervish of a performance.
    Gwan Besty!
    There is an awful lot of scrum caps now and it's confusing me.
    Valuable Lesson 1: Perpignan. hanging over a balcony, Me: "...at least we'll have the losing bonus point"
    Secondrowgal: "It's not over yet!". Next: JJ crossing the whitewash. That'll learn me.

Admiral of the Fleet
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo-boo View Post
    Ah well!
    We are in an absolute industrial logic.
    Jn.AllezDax.Com

Quote Originally Posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Well, for what it is worth, I certainly agree with you reherring. For all they were terrific in defence, the backline is still not clicking going forward, although there was a considerable improvement from USA. Kearney got better as the game went on and I know I am in the minority on here but he is a tremendous player who can only get better with more match sharpness. And as Evil Omer has said and I agree, Fez and SOB can actually play better than saturday. One game at a time but would like to see Heaslip captain the side against Russia and help himself to a couple of tries; you will probably think I am delusional but he looks a bit short of confidence to me.
    Heaslip does look lost at sea at times. Best was more like a back row forward than he was. I thought SOB didn't carry enough ball but he was excellent at the rucks. Ferris is getting up to his 2009 standards but he is not there yet. Maybe a game at six might help Heaslip then again that could be a stupid thought. I thought Kearney was solid, he balked the tackle on Beale in the FH and could have seen yellow for it. Would have preferred to see Earls or Bowe used off the scrums not Kearney. I think this is really the last big tournament for a few of the players and it showed on Saturday. At one stage BOD tried to tackle a guy with his head because his shoulder was knackered. That commitment is what triumphed over skill and creativity on Saturday. I think DK will keep the guys grounded and will make sure not to get complacent.
    'I never forget a fa​ce, but in your case I’d be glad to make an exception' - Groucho Marx

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire the plastic paddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redherring View Post
    Heaslip does look lost at sea at times. Best was more like a back row forward than he was. I thought SOB didn't carry enough ball but he was excellent at the rucks. Ferris is getting up to his 2009 standards but he is not there yet. Maybe a game at six might help Heaslip then again that could be a stupid thought. I thought Kearney was solid, he balked the tackle on Beale in the FH and could have seen yellow for it. Would have preferred to see Earls or Bowe used off the scrums not Kearney. I think this is really the last big tournament for a few of the players and it showed on Saturday. At one stage BOD tried to tackle a guy with his head because his shoulder was knackered. That commitment is what triumphed over skill and creativity on Saturday. I think DK will keep the guys grounded and will make sure not to get complacent.
    Agree with all of that, BODs left shoulder/ arm looks f*cked to me but even with one arm I wouldn't have anyone else out there. Agree re Best, he was superb on saturday. Seems Fla was as well in the motivational stakes, great shot of JF towards the end of the game roaring the team on: that commitment from a lad whose career could be over is what could win a world cup. Should Fla be staying out there? In the post before you mentioned ML final. One other thing from that ML final was the way the lads looked after Paul Derbyshire, these Irish players seem to have bought into the same collective sensibility we saw from Munster that day. ONE GAME AT A TIME!!

Admiral of the Fleet Upfront_1979's Avatar
    for those advocating messing with the backrow, thats the first time that combo has ever played together. I think it was ferris who said afterwards that they are just getting to know each other and would hope to step it up another level next time out.
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Leader of the Red Hordes
    Quote Originally Posted by parnell333 View Post
    I could remind you of your own mother for all I care - it's still correct - and I've watched the game thrice now and I still stand behind my points - DOC hacked the ball away needlessly twice - even the Aussie commentators remarked upon it. Also Earls made a dreadful mistake at the start of the game (2 mins in) and put needless pressure on the team. Mike Ross was insanely good in the loose - pity he didn't keep his body position low enough when he drove forward for a try. POC was tremendous - absolutely crazy heart out there.
    EDIT : Tom Court was absolutely dire wen he came on.
    No, can't see you ever reminding me of my mother. She is intelligent and does not come on here with an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
    for those advocating messing with the backrow, thats the first time that combo has ever played together. I think it was ferris who said afterwards that they are just getting to know each other and would hope to step it up another level next time out.
    I am not advocating messing with it although for me SOB and Fez should rest against the ruskies, I am saying they can get a lot better and that being their first collective outing reinforces my belief.

Quote Originally Posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Agree with all of that, BODs left shoulder/ arm looks f*cked to me but even with one arm I wouldn't have anyone else out there. Agree re Best, he was superb on saturday. Seems Fla was as well in the motivational stakes, great shot of JF towards the end of the game roaring the team on: that commitment from a lad whose career could be over is what could win a world cup. Should Fla be staying out there? In the post before you mentioned ML final. One other thing from that ML final was the way the lads looked after Paul Derbyshire, these Irish players seem to have bought into the same collective sensibility we saw from Munster that day. ONE GAME AT A TIME!!
    DK really has seemed to bring the Leinster and Munster guys together. There definitely was a rift there about 3 or 4 years ago. I remember reading an interview with Kearney and he talked about DK brought them to a meeting in December 08' and it was a lets get everything off our chest meeting. It has worked.

It's worrying that Ireland are so inconsistent. But then again you are only as good as what's on front of you. A lot of guys need a rest now to be ready for the Italy game.

Fla should stay!

That back row has the potential to be the best in the world.
    'I never forget a fa​ce, but in your case I’d be glad to make an exception' - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by redherring View Post
    DK really has seemed to bring the Leinster and Munster guys together. There definitely was a rift there about 3 or 4 years ago. I remember reading an interview with Kearney and he talked about DK brought them to a meeting in December 08' and it was a lets get everything off our chest meeting. It has worked.

It's worrying that Ireland are so inconsistent. But then again you are only as good as what's on front of you. A lot of guys need a rest now to be ready for the Italy game.

Fla should stay!

That back row has the potential to be the best in the world.
    There's a lot of contradictary stories about rifts. BOD has talked about friendships, mutual respect etc that cross the provincial bias. I'm sure I've seen stuff that BOD and ROG get on very well, beyond being team mates, so I'm not convinced that was entirely the issue. Might be more about tactics, styles etc never gelling between them.
    \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Is it only a game?
    And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Stand View Post
    No, can't see you ever reminding me of my mother. She is intelligent and does not come on here with an agenda.
    Doesn't run in the family then I see. Stick to the rugby if you can.

Leader of the Red Hordes
    Quote Originally Posted by parnell333 View Post
    Doesn't run in the family then I see. Stick to the rugby if you can.
    Lol. I expected better but an A for effort young boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo-boo View Post
    Poor Boobs, can I tell you they leave me feeling like a right tit too?!

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    I dunno if this has been put up already but here we go

Cian Healy: 'Put on more Aussies"
    Deccie: 'There are no more'
    I am the million man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I dunno if this has been put up already but here we go

Cian Healy: 'Put on more Aussies"
    Deccie: 'There are no more'
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
    I wouldn't mess with the backrow. I'd drop Heaslip against Italy. I'm no huge fan of Leamy, but Heaslip has done nothing in August or September, we were told he was a big game player, but he was the only Irish forward who was outplayed by his opposite number. And Samo did nothing.
    He has to be droppable. I would give him one last chance. Start him against Russia, and tell him beforehand that the plan is that he will be on the bench against Italy, and that if he wants to do anything about it that he had better score a hatrick of tries and a dropgoal.
    He needs to get the finger out big time.
    ...in what way will you feel more Irish if you force me to give up my feeling of being British? - David Ervine

Love watching this game back. Every time I watch it there is something new to make me smile. The snigger from Pienaar at Ferris carrying Genia back into his 22, on ITV in Uk but p*ss funny. Shows what Ireland can do. Hope DR and POM are getting fired up ready to fire into the scots tomorrow, Gwan Munster!!!! Gwan Ireland!!!!!