Munster Praetorian Guard

This might be handy for people out foreign to watch the Pro-12 when it resumes in September, the WC warm-up games or the GAA over the summer.

<S&#079;NG><S&#079;NG><S&#079;NG>How to watch RTE/TV3/TG4 live streams by using a proxy server</S&#079;NG></S&#079;NG>

<S&#079;NG>
    </S&#079;NG>
    </S&#079;NG>First off, go to this site: http://nntime.com/proxy-country/Ireland-01.htm for a list of Irish proxy servers. It's probably best to copy and paste the IP addresses into MS word or some such and save them for future reference. Now follow the instructions for setting up a proxy server depending on which browser you are using.

Internet Explorer

1) Click "Tools" --&gt; "Internet Options" --&gt; "Connections" tab --&gt; "LAN settings".

2) Tick the box that says "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

3) In the "address" box, type the string of numbers that appears before the colon in the "IP Address" column of the Proxy server list (including full stops, but not the colon.

4) In the "port" box, type the number that appears after the colon.

5) Click "OK" --&gt; "OK".

6) Either close and reopen your browser, or simply open a new browser window.

7) Go to the site you want to use (RTE or whatever). If the proxy server is up and running, the site will load normally and you can navigate to the stream as you usually would. If not you will get an error message from your browser. If this happens, go back to step 1 and try another string of numbers from the list of proxy servers.

To return your connection settings to normal, simply untick the box you ticked in step 2, click "OK" --&gt; "OK" and restart your browser.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

Google Chrome

1) Click on the spanner icon immediately to the right of the address bar.

2) Click on "Options" --&gt; "Under the Hood" --&gt; "Change proxy settings..." --&gt; "LAN Settings".

Now go to step 2 of the Internet Explorer instructions above and follow them.

Firefox

1) Click on the "Firefox" tab on the top left of the browser window.

2) Click "Options" --&gt; "Options" --&gt; "Advanced" tab --&gt; "Network" tab --&gt; "Settings".

3) Select "Manual proxy configuration" from the menu.

4) In the "HTTP proxy" box, type the string of numbers that appears before the colon in the "IP Address" column of the Proxy server list (including full stops, but not the colon.

4) In the "port" box, type the number that appears after the colon.

5) Tick the box that says "Use this proxy server for all protocols".

6) Click "OK" --&gt; "OK".

7) Either close and reopen your browser, or simply open a new browser window.

8. Go to the site you want to use (RTE or whatever). If the proxy server is up and running, the site will load normally and you can navigate to the stream as you usually would. If not you will get an error message from your browser. If this happens, go back to step 1 and try another string of numbers from the list of proxy servers.

To change your connection settings back to normal, repeat steps 1 and 2, and then click "No proxy". Click "OK" --&gt; "OK" and restart your browser.

Safari

1) Click on the cog icon to the right of the address bar.

2) Click on "Advanced" tab --&gt; "Change Settings".

Now go to step 2 of the Internet explorer instructions and follow them.

Unrepentant Langer

Well done Paulie. Did you get a community service order or something? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
    Sent from my Commodore 64

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Musha, arrahand begorrah, just doing my little bit for the diaspora,I've been that wandering Paddy myself, paying to see matches in sweaty halls and pubs in such exotic locations as Woodside,Dorchester,Bondi Junction, St. Kilda and Kilburn. And lucky that I was near some place that would actually show them for a fee, but I'd still rather have watched them on a laptop. The t'interwebby yoke wasn't as developed as it now when I was in my gallivanting heyday, however.
    Unrepentant Langer

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Nice work Paulie!
    Just watched a bit of Limerick v Waterford there!
    Tried TG4 live but it came up with 'wrong region' thing. Have they
    blocked those proxy servers d'ya think?
    I'm near Birmingham(UK).

Munster Praetorian Guard Woggas's Avatar
    Outstanding Paulie...thanks a bunch

Also you can do this :-

1) Download firefox
    2) download the "modify headers" add on
    3) use a spoof Irish IP address e.g Irish Times, Independent, RTE etc etc

The video below shows you how to set up modify headers, but remember you can't use 12.13.14.15 - you will need to change that to the Irish IP address you are spoofing.

[flash width=640 height=380]http://www.youtube.com/v/bV8rdpF1qZs[/flash]

Munster Praetorian Guard JN.Allezdax.com's Avatar
    Paulie Juglans regia, je t'adore!!!!!!!

[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Munster Berserker
    Thanks to everyone posting here, Im of to Engerland in September and this will be very very useful

Hip Flasks at the ready, double for a Stringer ankle tap!

Munster Praetorian Guard
    I'd be dubious that some of these proxy servers will have enough horsepower or bandwidth to cope with lots of people watching streaming video through them.

Munster Praetorian Guard

Quote Originally Posted by 3Crowns3Stars
    Nice work Paulie!
    Just watched a bit of Limerick v Waterford there!
    Tried TG4 live but it came up with 'wrong region' thing. Have they
    blocked those proxy servers d'ya think?
    I'm near Birmingham(UK).

I'd imagine the Irish TV stations do a "sweep" of the proxy servers tapping into them from time to time , but the servers are being constantly updated, and you should always be able to find a subscription-free server you can use

Here is another site with free Irish proxy servers listed ( in addition to above site)

http://aliveproxy.com/proxy-list/pro...spx/Ireland-ie

To reduce the danger of being dissppointed if there are too many people trying to view live streams via a proxy server ( might happen for an All Ireland final or international), as mikerob pointed out, there are also subscription proxy server services available. The below is US$9.99 a month, and it supports Irish proxies and I have heard good reports about it's reliabaility.

https://www.overplay.net/locations/ireland.php
    Unrepentant Langer

Leader of the Red Hordes masterchief's Avatar
    Could we make this a sticky?
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Bump for those Cork fans looking to watch the Cork - Kerry match tomorrow.

Munster Praetorian Guard

To make it even easier for ye lazy hoors, just type, www.justin.tv/the_city_end into your browser for Cork GAA and Munster rugby matches.
    <DIV><S&#079;NG>Code - Cork1977</S&#079;NG></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>And I don't want to hear any keening and wailing about how Uncle Paulie didn't help ye. </DIV>
    Unrepentant Langer

munsterfan
    capiche

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy73
    Also you can do this :-

1) Download firefox
    2) download the "modify headers" add on
    3) use a spoof Irish IP address e.g Irish Times, Independent, RTE etc etc

The video below shows you how to set up modify headers, but remember you can't use 12.13.14.15 - you will need to change that to the Irish IP address you are spoofing.

[flash width=640 height=380]http://www.youtube.com/v/bV8rdpF1qZs[/flash]

Hi fitzy,
    Is this still working for you. I followed the instructions for the modify headers and couldn't get it to work. I'm over here in Germany.

Thanks

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts

To make it even easier for ye lazy hoors, just type, www.justin.tv/the_city_end into your browser for Cork GAA and Munster rugby matches.
    <DIV><S&#079;NG>Code - Cork1977</S&#079;NG></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>And I don't want to hear any keening and wailing about how Uncle Paulie didn't help ye. </DIV>

Good man Paulie!
    Is the Down match on the telly(and Justin)this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by padjo

Hi fitzy,
    Is this still working for you. I followed the instructions for the modify headers and couldn't get it to work. I'm over here in Germany.

Thanks
    They seem to have closed the loophole. Darn.

Protector Of Shrubberies The Word Is Born's Avatar
    I use the Modify Headers extension on Firefox as well. Sometimes you actually need to open the Modify Headers tab to get it to work. Other timesit works away fine no problem.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Quote Originally Posted by The Word Is Born
    I use the Modify Headers extension on Firefox as well. Sometimes you actually need to open the Modify Headers tab to get it to work. Other timesit works away fine no problem.
    I think it's how they look at your Geo location i.e some sites use headers to determine your location, others seem to look at the actual IP address. Obviously the actual IP address is harder to spoof.

Munster Praetorian Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts

To make it even easier for ye lazy hoors, just type, www.justin.tv/the_city_end</font> into your browser for Cork GAA and Munster rugby matches.
    <div><s&#079;ng>Code - Cork1977</s&#079;ng></div>
    <div></div>
    <div>And I don't want to hear any keening and wailing about how Uncle Paulie didn't help ye. </div>
    I'm keening and wailing now.
    The bloody password doesn't work... [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

If you just want Irish TV, then www.telefis.com offer good safe proxies. It's £10 a month or £50 a year. I used them last year on holiday and they were great.

or if you want clean proxies for elsewhere (inc Ireland), then try this

https://www.identitycloaker.com/amember/signup.php

In combination with these, another thing to try (haven't tried it myself) is the following.... If you are abroad, and either you or someone you know, has a Sky subscriptionin Ireland, Sky are now offering "Sky on the go" for iphones or laptops - for free. So for example, if you have emigrated to London, you could potentially watch Sky in the UK (inc RTE) on your laptop, based on the fact that your folks have a Sky sub back in Ireland, and the only cost to you would be one of these ip proxies. Worth someone trying it out. See sky.com/skygo

EDIT : I just signed up for Skygo and it's just Sky Channels, but handy for Sky Sports.

wow.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img][img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mod Edit. No advertising/spam thanks.

Going to Bump this thread in an attempt to get the latest websites with IP addresses that can work with Paulies guidelines at the top. Thanks.
    \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Howdy.Which site can I watch Ireland Free Irish TV? Еxample TG 4 .
    Last edited by karata; 23rd-December-2012 at 15:20.

Quote Originally Posted by karata View Post
    Howdy.Which site can I watch Ireland Free Irish TV? Еxample TG 4 .
    tg4.ie
    I am Flsghujslkuo, and I approved this message.

Quote Originally Posted by flsghujslkuo View Post
    tg4.ie
    Thank you. Greetings from Bulgaria.On can look online.Gives records.