Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Munster Praetorian Guard
    Glos pushing for a drop to win it and ball comes shooting out
    of the ruck for the second time in 2 minutes. Does the ref
    think that a Glos player flung it out on the deck?!

Game over. South Africa A into the final. Leicester will beat
    them.

Munster Praetorian Guard

Quote Originally Posted by The Word Is Born
    Quote Originally Posted by peatbog
    Nobody seems to care to mention Ashtons knee dropto Tuilagi's back/neck that he tries to disguisse by pushing him at the same time. Strange.
    b****x, it was no more a knee-drop. Tuilagi started it with a stiff-arm islander special. Ashton went back to remonstrate and pushed Tuilagi while he was on the ground. Tuilagi gets ups and he feels Ashton out with a couple of jabs, handbags would be the technical description. Then Tuilagi nails him with an absolutely huge haymaker.
    Eloquently put, well done.

I'm notdefending Tuilagi in any way. The knee drop might have looked fairly harmless but its there nonetheless, tuilagi starts to whip forward from the knee before Ashton's hands could have any effect. If he as simply going for a push in the back to remonstrate with him he wouldn't have planted his foot in there at all. Its fairly average Ashton in book, Doing enough $h1t jsut under the radar to annoy the hell out of opponents. Tuilagi on the other was just outrageously out of order.

If the big punch had landed around the jaw area,Ashton wouldve hit the ground like a sack of spuds.Id imagine he'll think twice before dropping the knee on a player like Tuilagi again. Ashton should take a leaf out of D. Armitage's book from now on and limit the cheapshots toSHs/OHs.

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire the plastic paddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MunsterLux
    Definitely thuggish behaviour, but to say Ashton wasn't expecting it??? He was face to face with the guy when they got to
    their feet. Bit of a pussy really for not defending himself faster/better. He looked shellshocked after the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmcDDBOwWs
    Jesus dont be advocating retaliation, you will get yourself into fierce trouble on here with pages of the law book being quoted to you and everything. I will give Ashton grudging respect that he stood up and didnt take a dive but I bet he had been chatting to the young fella all game and his fuse snapped: Manu will have a good few weeks to reflect on the error of his ways anyway.

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    I thought he took the schmack quite well, as others have said
    a shoulder powered clear swing like that to the jaw would
    have been ovaltine time. He never really swung for Tuilagi and
    it was the terrace behind that midget linesman gave Ashton
    the yellow. Tuilagi deserves everything he gets, he split both
    eyebrows with 2 digs, and the insane swinging arm 10 yards
    off the ball. Couple it up with the Abendanon barrage and
    they could do with cooling his jets.
    I am the million man.

Munster Praetorian Guard

Bizarrely the English papers largely glossed over the boxing match and paid more attention to Cockerill and the Tigers Coach, who apparently were screaching at the 'assistant' all game - quite rightly the Journos label the behaviour as disgraceful.

Would like to see the RFU stamp on this quickly, as we could do without the histrionics on the touchlineof Association Football - no doubt they won't, as they will be too busy preparing the 5th draft of the job description.....

Munster Praetorian Guard

Cockerill was hilariously evasive and bulls**tting in his post-match interview: " I didn't see it .... but there was two of them in it.... two big lads just having a bit of disgreement...nothing in it"

Tuilagi has been formally cited now.
    Unrepentant Langer

Manu gets 5 weeks, can play again june 23rd,according totwitter

thought hemight havegot more than that

Unless they suspended him until the start of next season, it doesn't really matter, does it? Anything from 12 weeks to "just Saturday week" would have had the same result...
    "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they're not always accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Protector Of Shrubberies The Word Is Born's Avatar
    Wahey, go me. I said he'd get 8 weeks and have it mitigated down to 6. He actually gets 10 weeks but it is mitigated down to 5 due the provocation of Ashton pushing him. I'll be very interested to read the full judgement but the RFU are f**king jokeshop.

Beeb
    <br style="font-weight: bold;">Leicester's Manu Tuilagi banned for punches on Ashton</span></font>

Leicester centre Manu Tuilagi will miss the Premiership final against Saracens after receiving a five-week ban for punching Northampton's Chris Ashton.

The 20-year-old was initially banned for 10 weeks but his suspension was reduced in light of a push from Ashton which provoked his punches.

Tuilagi will also miss England Saxons' Churchill Cup campaign, although he is available for England's August Tests.

Dan Hipkiss may come into the Leicester backline for the 28 May showpiece.

Samoan-born Tuilagi has impressed in midfield this season, leading to speculation that he could win a place in England manager Martin Johnson's squad for September's Rugby World Cup.

However he will now miss the chance to press his case in second-string matches against USA, Tonga and another as-yet-unknown side as his ban expires five days after the Churchill Cup finals day on 18 June.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Protector Of Shrubberies The Word Is Born's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by handslikefeet
    Unless they suspended him until the start of next season, it doesn't really matter, does it? Anything from 12 weeks to "just Saturday week" would have had the same result...
    He misses the Churchill Cup and with it any outside possibility of going to New Zealand to physically assault more people.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

He misses the Churchill Cup and with it any outside possibility of going to New Zealand to physically assault more people.

He's young, and plays for Leicester. He's got years of assaulting people ahead of him to make up for it.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Quote Originally Posted by Balla Boy

He's young, and plays for Leinster. He's got years of assaulting people ahead of him to make up for it.

But Seán O'Brien got off, bizzarely, - again. I know, I'm still in disbelief myself about it.
    Unrepentant Langer

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balla Boy

He's young, and plays for Leinster. He's got years of assaulting people ahead of him to make up for it.

But Seán O'Brien got off, bizzarely, - again. I know, I'm still in disbelief myself about it.

Leinster are still well within their "Forward Aggression" quota over the decade thanks to Big Mal's efforts. It will take another 4 years of petulant punches or one fatal shooting to bring them into suspendable territory, I think.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

5 weeks. FFS.

Someday soon the RFU are going to be bitten on the ass when a player is arrested for assault on the field of play.

Leader of the Red Hordes

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy73
    5 weeks. FFS.

Someday soon the RFU are going to be bitten on the ass when a player is arrested for assault on the field of play.

It would take a very, very serious incident to get a fellow player to press charges for assault...

<H1>Saracens No9s will toss to decide Twickenham start against Leicester</H1>
    • Richard Wigglesworth and Neil de Kock to toss coin
    • Saracens say scrum-halves came up with the idea
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...racens-toss-co in-scrum-half-premiership-final
    Saracens have turned convention on its head by basing their selection for the Aviva Premiership final against Leicester on Saturday on the toss of a coin. Instead of waiting for their director of rugby, Mark McCall, to choose his preferred scrum-half, the two rival No9s, Neil de Kock and Richard Wigglesworth, have opted to determine who will start at Twickenham themselves.

Coaches will suspect McCall of bottling a key decision but Saracens say the players came up with the idea. The club's rotation policy has meant that De Kock and Wigglesworth have alternated in the starting XV all season. "Neil and I came up with the idea of tossing a coin because we have played in strict rotation all season," said Wigglesworth. "It seemed the simplest way and Mark agreed."

De Kock is also happy with the arrangement. "It might seem unusual but we're both on the same team and we get along really well," he said. The outcome of the toss will not be revealed until Friday, when both sides are due to announce their starting XVs. Rumours that the title will now be decided by a game of rock, paper, scissors have yet to be confirmed.

-What kind of a clown college are they running over there?

THEY ARE ONLY A PAIR OF TOSSERS ANYWAY !!!!!!

Munster Praetorian Guard Kingfisher234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparky626
    <h1>Saracens No9s will toss to decide Twickenham start against Leicester</h1>

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...racens-toss-co in-scrum-half-premiership-final
    Saracens</font> have turned convention on its head by basing their selection for the Aviva Premiership</font> final against Leicester</font> on Saturday on the toss of a coin. Instead of waiting for their director of rugby, Mark McCall, to choose his preferred scrum-half, the two rival No9s, Neil de Kock and Richard Wigglesworth, have opted to determine who will start at Twickenham themselves.

Coaches will suspect McCall of bottling a key decision but Saracens say the players came up with the idea. The club's rotation policy has meant that De Kock and Wigglesworth have alternated in the starting XV all season. "Neil and I came up with the idea of tossing a coin because we have played in strict rotation all season," said Wigglesworth. "It seemed the simplest way and Mark agreed."

De Kock is also happy with the arrangement. "It might seem unusual but we're both on the same team and we get along really well," he said. The outcome of the toss will not be revealed until Friday, when both sides are due to announce their starting XVs. Rumours that the title will now be decided by a game of rock, paper, scissors have yet to be confirmed.

The most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard of - clear McCall bottled it - the fact that this idiocy has been made public is proof positive that the players in Saracens are calling the shots and when theyre pulvarised on Saturday the blame will be laid squarely at his feet - and rightly so -

Even if it was a toss up to decide who should start McCall should have done it in the privacy of his office and not informed his players until after the game - how on earth could you have respect for someone paid to make these decisions and who avoids them
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

What a ridiculous decision. Rotation policies suit indecisive, gutless coaches and frustrate/exasperate players and supporters alike. Is this for real?

Munster Praetorian Guard kooga made for rugby's Avatar

2011/2012 Aviva premiership fixtures out........................now we wait and wait for ours! [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/prem...ugby/index.php
    Say no to Lee Jeans and black pointy shoes!

Leader of the Red Hordes

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher234
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky626
    <h1>Saracens No9s will toss to decide Twickenham start against Leicester</h1>

Saracens</font> have turned convention on its head by basing their selection for the Aviva Premiership</font> final against Leicester</font> on Saturday on the toss of a coin. Instead of waiting for their director of rugby, Mark McCall, to choose his preferred scrum-half, the two rival No9s, Neil de Kock and Richard Wigglesworth, have opted to determine who will start at Twickenham themselves.

The most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard of - clear McCall bottled it - the fact that this idiocy has been made public is proof positive that the players in Saracens are calling the shots and when theyre pulvarised on Saturday the blame will be laid squarely at his feet </span>- and rightly so -

Even if it was a toss up to decide who should start McCall should have done it in the privacy of his office and not informed his players until after the game - how on earth could you have respect for someone paid to make these decisions and who avoids them
    Ahhhh, the foresight...[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

In the Departure Lounge Old Dog's Avatar
    I thought that the Worcester - Sarries game on Friday was good, but

Gloucester 29 - 23 Harlequins was superb!

Best game I've seen this season. Fantastic stuff from both teams - two candidates for try of the season: Jonny May for Glaws and the reserve Quins fullback in the last minute to gain the losing bonus point. Look out for the highlights on ITV 3 or ESPN on Monday.

PS Game was reffed very well by Blind Dave.

PPS - I've still to watch the Not-Nots V Saints game - could it be even better? Watch this space!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    I thought that the Worcester - Sarries game on Friday was good, but

Gloucester 29 - 23 Harlequins was superb!

Best game I've seen this season. Fantastic stuff from both teams - two candidates for try of the season: Jonny May for Glaws and the reserve Quins fullback in the last minute to gain the losing bonus point. Look out for the highlights on ITV 3 or ESPN on Monday.

PPS - I've still to watch the Not-Nots V Saints game - could it be even better? Watch this space!
    Saw the highlights there yesterday - those two tries you mentioned were out of the top drawer. May really is electric from fullback, his try against Toulouse in the HEC was pretty special as well. Interesting to see if he can bring that incisiveness up a level to test rugby over the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post

I thought that the Worcester - Sarries game on Friday was good, but Gloucester 29 - 23 Harlequins was superb!

Well, I finally got around to watching the Not-Nots V Saints game earlier this morning - and it was even better!

A real cracker that finished up: LI 23 - 30 Saints.

Better still, Delon Armitage lovers will be delighted to hear that he was to blame for 3 of the Saint's 4 tries!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Dog For This Useful Post:

Never in the history of mankind have so few written so much about so little.

Sarries V Saints just starting on ESPN - Stinger's last game for Sarries on a muddy, waterlogged Vicarage Road pitch.

Earlier, the mighty Tigers put some manners on Glawster, winning 36 - 3 with 5 tries.

Edit - vintage stamp by Spronger after a mere 3 minutes of the game.
    Last edited by Old Dog; 4th-March-2012 at 17:07.

Here in Spain Teledeporte ( free sports channel ) show 1 Aviva game per week from the ESPN feed. I jus wanted to ask if the clock they use is pissing off other posters as much as it does me. A couple of times this season I've switched off the match as I thought it was over ( tbf they normally show them at 01.00 ) or thinking great it's just started and it ends 3 mins later. Also is this just an ESPN thing or has had it spread to the other channels, I haven't been home in a loooooong time.
    Rugby Atletico de Madrid Division De Honor 2012/2013

Quins 33-Tigers 33 ,12 mins to go cracking match
    Otaga Daily Times 2/5/2012
    Taz-Where did you get that information as I have seen nowhere that he(Penney) was ruled out?
    Editor - The writer stands by the Penney information.
    Otaga Daily Times 3/5/2012
    Editor-
    - This article originally said Rob Penney had missed out on the Munster coaching job. That information was incorrect.