Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1921
    Leader of the Red Hordes masterchief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotscor View Post
    Two things, firstly had connacht at 7-2 tonight.
    Secondly The commentator for sky at the start of the game - no idea who he was- was saying he had been to the sportsground three times previously, against Leinster, Munster and Bourgoin. Each time Connacht won. They need to look after that man.
    I got them at 7/2 as well!
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

just saw the highlights on TG4. Now thats what i call rugby........real men with real balls. Well done to the westies.

Admiral of the Fleet
    Quote Originally Posted by James Lynch View Post
    Galway is some craic tonight! Would liked to have stayed out, but early start in the morning. Great result for the Connacht lads. I hope the IRFU blazers were watching, because with half the funds and even less support from the 'powers' in Lansdowne Road, the underdog has had a very strong HCup campaign. Imagine what they could do if they were given some decent support or even parity of funding from the IRFU! Serious heart in that team, a credit to themselves and a credit to Elwood (despite some questionable decisions from both team and manager during the game!!).
    I really hope they can build on this in the Pro12. Plenty of lads put their hands up for recognition in the Ireland and Wolfhound squads tonight.
    Philip Browne is Scrooge, troika and accountant all wrapped up in one. No soul, no understanding of rugby/rugby people. Shameful.

In fact I'll go farther and say that much of "Kidneys conservatism" is purely the result of directives from 62. If you have a n Irish contract you are in, if not, you are out. Simple. IRFU are a disgrace and have no interest in Ireland becoming a serious contestant for RWC glory. Shekels is their suit.
    Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Great game to come home to after the B&I quarter final victory. Utterly delighted for Connacht, a lot of pride restored tonight and you could see what it meant to them. Historic first win in the HEC for them, and after they were brought into the competition by another Irish side they've returned the favour by guaranteeing that three Irish sides will make the quarters for the first time ever.
    Vote Quimby!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mr chips For This Useful Post:

Well done guys! The whole country is proud of you.

As an English man with Munster roots ,living in Galway, married to a Mayo girl may I say well done Connacht.
    I'll Flake Ya!

"Be moderate in everything, including moderation." - Horace Porter

Well done and thank you Connacht,what a great second half performance had me on the end of my seat and I'm sure I scared the neighbours with the odd shout or two.

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire The Outlaw's Avatar
    Just a great night and a long one too!. Wasnt pretty but the players tackled their hearts out. We got a few breaks but we were due them. Thought the backrow was immense. Probably would have given Ofisa the man of the match. Considering we were missing the likes of Griffin it was monumental stuff.

Consistency is what is needed. If we got even half a Budget from the IRFU we could be more competitive. But having said that some of the performances this season just haven't been good enough. That last night is what we are capable of when we put our minds to it. Long may it continue.

First genuine european night in Connacht last night and it was great. I can now see what the fuss is about the HEC.
    Connacht Rugby

"Live to win. Born to lose"

Admiral of the Fleet Waterfordlad's Avatar
    Delighted for the Westies. Well done lads. Have to admit I was shouting my head off for ye, and I must have got a speck of dust in my eyes as they watered up...
    The good thing about lending someone your time machine is that you basically get it back immediately

Rumours of Dan Parks joining Connacht, according to Thornley

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Quote Originally Posted by fullback15 View Post
    Was mentioned on against the head. Would be a super signing for them IMO. He's no international standard but he's a good solid 10 and a good goal kicker, few notches ahead of anything they have at the minute

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Was mentioned on against the head. Would be a super signing for them IMO. He's no international standard but he's a good solid 10 and a good goal kicker, few notches ahead of anything they have at the minute
    Id agree with that, gets a bit of a hard time from some rugby supporters, much of it harsh IMO. Cardiff, presumably have a fairly decent ten lined up for next season (if this is true).

Id agree with that, gets a bit of a hard time from some rugby supporters, much of it harsh IMO. Cardiff, presumably have a fairly decent ten lined up for next season (if this is true).
    They're moving in on [have moved in on?] Tovey of NGD. Good young player in his own right.

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire the plastic paddy's Avatar
    According to Green and Gold on his way back to Aus.

irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Friday, February 17, 2012, 12:55

Saving Grace for Connacht

Rugby: Former, Shannon, Munster Academy and Exeter Chiefs flanker Eoghan Grace has been called into the Connacht team for tomorrow’s game against the Glasgow Warriors in the Sportsground. He replaces Ray Ofisa who picked up a knee injury.

The 24 year old Grace is a talented athlete who has been unfortunate with injury. He made his debut for Connacht earlier in the season against Ulster, having joined from Exeter last summer. Dave McSharry was a late withdrawal in the centre, so Henry Fa’afili plays alongside Kyle Tonetti and a fit again Eoin Griffin is named among the replacements.
    The only change to the Warriors team that defeated the Scarlets is at hooker where Pat MacArthur comes in for Dougie Hall.

Connacht: G Duffy (capt); F Vainikolo, K Tonetti, H Fa’afili, T O’Halloran; N O’Connor, P O’Donohoe; B Wilkinson, A Flavin, R Loughney; M Swift, M McCarthy; J Muldoon, E Grace, G Naoupu. Replacements: E Reynecke, D Buckley, S Maguire, D Gannon, M Kearney, D Moore, M Jarvis, E Griffin.

Glasgow Warriors: P Murchie; T Seymour, T Nathan, G Morrison (capt), D Lemi; R Jackson, H Pyrgos; R Grant, P MacArthur, J Welsh; R Verbakel, T Ryder; R Harley, C Fusaro, R Wilson. Replacements: F Gillies, G Reid, G Hunter, N Campbell, D Weir, A Dunbar, C Shaw, C Forrester.
    4 Feb 2011 - Gilmore on the General Election

"Frankfurts way or Labours way."

28 Feb 2012 - Gilmore on a yes vote for the fiscal treaty

"A vote for economic stability and a vote for economic recovery."

Can anybody confirm that Borlase and Parks are definitely bound for Galway,with all that young talent coming thru, would this not be a backward step?how many Not Irish Enough players are Connacht going to have?

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    Can anybody confirm that Borlase and Parks are definitely bound for Galway,with all that young talent coming thru, would this not be a backward step?how many Not Irish Enough players are Connacht going to have?
    is that meant to be a pisstake
    Connacht Rugby

Just been looking on the Connacht web page and I have counted 10 players who are on the books for Connacht who are overseas born,add in Borlase and Parks that would bring the total to 12,Connacht seem to have some great talent coming thru,but would appear that some funding is coming thru to promote overseas players at the expense of home grown players.Maybe Connacht should look at their own home grown talent first.But surely the question can be asked who is paying the wages of these overseas players.

Just been looking on the Connacht web page and I have counted 10 players who are on the books for Connacht who are overseas born,add in Borlase and Parks that would bring the total to 12,Connacht seem to have some great talent coming thru,but would appear that some funding is coming thru to promote overseas players at the expense of home grown players.Maybe Connacht should look at their own home grown talent first.But surely the question can be asked who is paying the wages of these overseas players.
    Rory Mc Illroy?
    Connacht Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by The Outlaw View Post
    Rory Mc Illroy?
    Just as well then that I did'nt include the players from the other provinces,or else all our golf players would be broke.How is your A team anyway?

Just as well then that I did'nt include the players from the other provinces,or else all our golf players would be broke.How is your A team anyway?
    Fine. We're quite happy not to create a south african enclave in galway and treat our coaching staff like dirt. As for our young players- just worry about your own and maybe then you wont need to rely on rich benefactors to bail you out. Go fishing somewhere else. Maybe off the coast of Cape Town.
    Connacht Rugby

23. The Following User Says Thank You to The Outlaw For This Useful Post:

Leader of the Red Hordes munsterforever's Avatar
    Connacht played well for much of the game tonight. Borlase wont get on their second team Wilkinson and Loughney are good players. Swift is some player. TOH is coming on leaps and bounds. New Scrum half is good. the Portumna man is an animal. NOC did very well tonight...didnt know he could dance. Flavin Hooked well. McCarthy carried well.

Peter Allen was his usual terrible dreadful awful blindself....I tried to watch everything he did and this time he reffed both teams....whats changed?
    If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outlaw View Post
    Fine. We're quite happy not to create a south african enclave in galway and treat our coaching staff like dirt. As for our young players- just worry about your own and maybe then you wont need to rely on rich benefactors to bail you out. Go fishing somewhere else. Maybe off the coast of Cape Town.
    Eh did'nt know you had an A team,how are they doing? any good prospects coming along,

Fishing down them waters seem contagious Outlaw me old mucker,your good selves seem to have done not only well in local waters[eh that would be the other Provincial waters] but far a field,or should that be in foreign waters,3 caught in SA,3 caught in NZ,2 in Samoa,1 in Tonga,and on the way back you managed to catch 4 in English waters 1 in Germany although seemed to have been dragged in in Welsh waters,along with another 1 caught in Wales great fishing

I was looking at the attendance records for this season and last in the showgrounds and its a major improvement. Upto 3 times the support this season! Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by godisbod View Post
    I was looking at the attendance records for this season and last in the showgrounds and its a major improvement. Upto 3 times the support this season! Why is that?
    HEC rugby.

Never in the history of mankind have so few written so much about so little.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
    HEC rugby.
    Last night's game against the warriors had 4,200, last season the same fixture attracted 1,200. That is just one example. Is that due to HEC?

Last night's game against the warriors had 4,200, last season the same fixture attracted 1,200. That is just one example. Is that due to HEC?
    How many season tickets did Connacht sell this year because of the HEC (assuming HEC tickets were included)??
    And are all these people turning up??
    Attendances tend to count tickets sold rather than bums on seats, so to speak
    Classic Lievremont

Quote Originally Posted by lactose intolerant View Post
    How many season tickets did Connacht sell this year because of the HEC (assuming HEC tickets were included)??
    And are all these people turning up??
    Attendances tend to count tickets sold rather than bums on seats, so to speak
    Good point Lactose, but looking at the game on tg4 player again, seems to be a good crowd there. more than 1200 anyway.

Good point Lactose, but looking at the game on tg4 player again, seems to be a good crowd there. more than 1200 anyway.
    yeah, I'd say attendances are up alright which is good, but probably not as much as reported figures!! perhaps Outlaw or porterbelly or someone could give a more accurate assessment?
    Classic Lievremont

Luke Fitz's Agent
    And any more on the Dan Parks situation?
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama