Thread: Taco Sauce

Munster Berserker
    I recently got the recipe for Taco sauce but am unable to
    perfect it. Abrakebabra is the best spot for it. Anyone know
    where they purchase their taco sauce? I have tried all the
    usual supermarkets without much luck.
    Exaggerations went up by a million percent last year!!

abra actually get their sauce from the skips out the back of Taco Bell in america, they wait a week, before they nick it. Their favourite store to get it from is in Arizona.

they ship it in the back of one of those pick up vans coal men use,

The Source for this post is The Internet

Dont ask where they get the garlic mayo and cheese
    The Source for this post is The Internet

Munster Dog of War

Quote Originally Posted by gavmurf

The Old El Passo chilli , taco and burittopowderss work very well as good base Gav , using these as a base you can add your own touches to get the flavour you want , mixed chilli powder , garlic , extra tinned tomato and tomato puree , some lea & perrins , some fresh lime etc.

Starting from scratch can be difficult , Im sure those with better culinary skills than myself could provide you great recipes ,but i find working offa good base powder allows you to build on top with other ingredients add one at a time and taste for effect, we all have different tastes and expectations, if you have a good base and the get the rightingredients to build the flavour and heat sensationfor a chilli or taco you can build as your cookingto suit your own taste rather than chucking everything in at the start.

Make a classic chili con carne - basically onion, chilli powder, garlic, sugar, vinegar, chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Add meat, veg, and kidney beans if you wish.

Anyone know where you can buy the soutwest sauce they use in subway?
    http://www.twitter.com/MacL0ve

Irish by birth...MUNSTER by the Grace of God..with Black and Blue Blood

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Not sure about where abra get the sauce. The sauce we get comes from blenders who are an irish company we get it
    trough Curran foods in Waterford

Protector Of Shrubberies The Word Is Born's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mebawsa Ritchie
    Make a classic chili con carne - basically onion, chilli powder, garlic, sugar, vinegar, chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Add meat, veg, and kidney beans if you wish.
    Blasphemy! Where is the cumin??????

For TWIB's Chilli- fry some onion and garlic (season with black pepper). Add in some chilli paste. Then add in some chopped peppers. Transfer to a casserole dish. Then brown some round steak mince. I usually coat the meat in chilli paste/cumin/paprika/chilli powder as well. Transfer to the casserole dish. Then add chopped tomatoes, some passata, chilli paste, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, mango chutney and TWIB's secret ingredient, dark chocolate. Bring to the boil and leave it simmer for 30 minutes or so. Tastes better a day or so later.

Here endeth the culinary schooling.

Munster Praetorian Guard Beckinder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    Anyone know where you can buy the soutwest sauce they use in subway?

I love that sauce! There is a reciepe somewhere on the net
    "Why am I so rubbish at life?" Quote from a Saints fan in Shannon Airport 11/04/2010

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life :-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Word Is Born

For TWIB's Chilli- fry some onion and garlic (season with black pepper). Add in some chilli paste. Then add in some chopped peppers. Transfer to a casserole dish. Then brown some round steak mince. I usually coat the meat in chilli paste/cumin/paprika/chilli powder as well. Transfer to the casserole dish. Then add chopped tomatoes, some passata, chilli paste, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, mango chutney and TWIB's secret ingredient, dark chocolate. Bring to the boil and leave it simmer for 30 minutes or so. Tastes better a day or so later.

I forgot about the cumin. Foreshame.

I normally throw in some veg. Sweetcorn, mushrooms, and kidney beans. I've tried the chocolate once or twice - not sure it adds a lot tbh.

There's only 1 way to sort this out you know. A progressive chilli night.

P.s. I agree - a good chilli matures over a day or 2. The sharpness goes out of it.

Munster Praetorian Guard Beckinder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Word Is Born

I forgot about the cumin. Foreshame.

I normally throw in some veg. Sweetcorn, mushrooms, and kidney beans. I've tried the chocolate once or twice - not sure it adds a lot tbh.

There's only 1 way to sort this out you know. A progressive chilli night.

P.s. I agree - a good chilli matures over a day or 2. The sharpness goes out of it.

I am going to add dark chocolate to the next one I make
    "Why am I so rubbish at life?" Quote from a Saints fan in Shannon Airport 11/04/2010

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life :-)

Admiral of the Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by gavmurf

Taco Bell mmmmmmmmm. Knew the lad that used bend the tacos for them too. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
    Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Bump!! So anywhere to buy taco sauce - way too lazy to go about making it myself
    "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose intolerant View Post
    Bump!! So anywhere to buy taco sauce - way too lazy to go about making it myself

Abrakebabra?
    I am the million man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Abrakebabra?
    uuuuuggggggghhhh...that's nowhere near as handy as a supermarket!!

I'm sure I mentioned I was lazy already

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire Cowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose intolerant View Post
    uuuuuggggggghhhh...that's nowhere near as handy as a supermarket!!

I'm sure I mentioned I was lazy already

they were going aapeshyt on broadsheet earlier because of some sauce that Superquinn carry might be no longer under the soopervalu umbrella. Is it the same sauce? you heathen.

If you're a patient soul, you could order it off tesco.ie or one of the grocery suppliers and await it being delivered.
    I am the million man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    they were going aapeshyt on broadsheet earlier because of some sauce that Superquinn carry might be no longer under the soopervalu umbrella. Is it the same sauce? you heathen.

If you're a patient soul, you could order it off tesco.ie or one of the grocery suppliers and await it being delivered.
    that sounds even laaaaaaaaaaazier!! awesome

hmm Superquinn do Taco Sauce for wraps and stuff at the deli counter alright!! Colour me interested!!