Page 124 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 6932
    It's typical of the administrators of junior rugby, as soon as anything starts to look like a problem they bury their heads in the sand and hope it goes away by the start of next season. I don't think this one will.

As Clanwilliam also DID NOT hand over a team sheet prior to the game starting who is at fault here. Clan were beaten on the field, beaten at the hearing on Thursday night and now are going to appeal again. When are they going to work out that they were beaten. They get a good gate last Sunday and now they have handed €650 of it back to the branch. Now thats real clever......

kerrang you are so wrong. clan did hand over a team sheet - a fact acknowledged by the branch committee

Quote Originally Posted by yellowandblack4ever View Post
    kerrang you are so wrong. clan did hand over a team sheet - a fact acknowledged by the branch committee
    Clanwilliam did not hand over a team sheet until 10 mins into the match

Leader of the Red Hordes isola ciarrai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tits mc gee View Post
    this 23 points deduction too galbally amuses me there was never 23 points taken off them on the munster site where are people getting this from and who is the illegal player or players did some one make up the 23 points
    A senior member and key person of Galbally RFC told me on phone when talking about other things that they had been docked over 20 points. Just casual chat of course but he certainly believed it to be true, then.
    A bomb under the West car park at Twickenham on an international day would end fascism in England for a generation.
    Philip Toynbee
    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. Wittgenstein,

Munster Junior Cup Results from today:

Bruff 6 Cashel 9
    Clonmel 18 Kinsale 10
    Galbally 5 Cork Con 6
    Garryowen 20 Kanturk 13
    Mallow 22 UCC 13
    Old Christians 42 Tralee 0

Munster Berserker
    richmond 19-10 st senans

Not many junior clubd left in it!

Poo.
    "Let’s do what we’re good at, let’s do what we’re good at... You go after the weakness, you don’t worry what it looks like to anybody else." - Axel.

"All scrums are sexy." - Nuke.

There's a couple of interesting games in the next round which is scheduled for next weekend, cons to play munsters, cashel play crosshaven.

Anyone know the draw for the plate? Deadsite still has us down to play "Team 1"

does anyone have the fixtures for the next round of the junior cup

Quote Originally Posted by con man View Post
    does anyone have the fixtures for the next round of the junior cup
    A quick look at munsterrugby would have got you the draw for the next round
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/...and_tables.php

Munster Berserker
    did Ben martin play with clonmel yesterday? how did he get on?

Saw him play for UL bohs on friday night and he was very poor at that level. he gave away a silly knock on in his 22 that allowed bruff to score a try to win and his kicking out of hand was very bad...

then again he did only come on for 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    did Ben martin play with clonmel yesterday? how did he get on?

Saw him play for UL bohs on friday night and he was very poor at that level. he gave away a silly knock on in his 22 that allowed bruff to score a try to win and his kicking out of hand was very bad...

then again he did only come on for 40 minutes.
    Who cares? He has been talked about too much all year. Average player at best

One wonders why Kilfeacle did not hand over a team sheet before the game like every other team does.Ever since the Paul o Connell incident I have no respect for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ormond lad View Post
    There's a couple of interesting games in the next round which is scheduled for next weekend, cons to play munsters, cashel play crosshaven.

Anyone know the draw for the plate? Deadsite still has us down to play "Team 1"
    think abbeyfeale/muskerry cresent/pres

Munster Berserker
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    One wonders why Kilfeacle did not hand over a team sheet before the game like every other team does.Ever since the Paul o Connell incident I have no respect for them.
    what happened there??

anyone at the galbally v con game???seemed to be a bit of trouble again 4 yellow cards and 1 red!galbally cant stay out of trouble can they...pushed con pretty hard on fairness to them(based on the writeup in the paper anyway)!any players stand out for con as they would be favourites for the cup???

Quote Originally Posted by ger123 View Post
    anyone at the galbally v con game???seemed to be a bit of trouble again 4 yellow cards and 1 red!galbally cant stay out of trouble can they...pushed con pretty hard on fairness to them(based on the writeup in the paper anyway)!any players stand out for con as they would be favourites for the cup???

as someone that was at the galbally cons match. cons were good galbally were missing few key players and as your comment about galbally trouble red card belongs too cons and two yellows also too cons galbally yellow cards for killing ball and coming in from off side. galbally should have won but cons cup experience came too the front in closing stages

cheers for clearing that up!any stand out players for con or was it just an all round team effort??

Quote Originally Posted by trodat View Post
    Who cares? He has been talked about too much all year. Average player at best

I was at Clonmel to watch the seconds play a friendly against waterpark and I watched a fair bit of Clonmel Junior cup match, Ben played a great game from what I could see and Kicked 2 extremely difficult kicks from the edge of the pitch. Based on this performance "Average player at best" is a poor comment, he's well above this level in my mind.

His coaching ideas seem solid enough too, I'd keep an eye on Clonmel!!! They could have a big say yet.

Although I appricate away to richmond is not one they'll be looking forward too!!!!

Waterpark seconds had a few lads from the firsts playing against a YOUNG clonmel seconds side and waterpark really struggled... Dunno was them been bad or do clonmel have a few good 19's on the way up?

what fool said he was an average player he is the best outhalf in the league by a mile cant see them beating richmond do not in the canal differant team down there

maybe whoever said that saw him play a bad game..bcos he is a quality outhalf(never knew he played a few times fior munster back in like 05 or 06)..although there are a few handy outhalfs in the league this year...

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Saw him twice this season and dominated both times, he was still Clonmels best player though and you could see he knew how to play.

Hi All

The official twitter and Facebook for the Munster Juniors Interprovincial series has just launched, match reports,match tracker (if you cant make the game), updates, squad announcements and photos when and as they happen.

Follow the Munster Juniors on Facebook and Twitter for the 2012 interpro series; please share/RT to friends interested in Junior rugby.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Munst...60556164015192

Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/MunsterJuniors

Thanks and looking forward to the series this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterJuniors View Post
    Hi All

The official twitter and Facebook for the Munster Juniors Interprovincial series has just launched, match reports,match tracker (if you cant make the game), updates, squad announcements and photos when and as they happen.

Follow the Munster Juniors on Facebook and Twitter for the 2012 interpro series; please share/RT to friends interested in Junior rugby.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Munst...60556164015192

Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/MunsterJuniors

Thanks and looking forward to the series this year.

Best of luck with the interpros.best of luck to all of the lads selected but given what I would see (as would plenty of others on this forum) as a flawed, biased and politically motivated selection policy, I'll hold off on downloading this or actively following the team.

I do wish the guys selected the best.

junior cup this weekend...what junior clubs are gonna stay in it do ppl reckon???
    gonna chance my arm and say:

Cashel
    Con
    Christians
    Richmond
    Kilfeacle
    Skibb

To the brave and faithful
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Best of luck with the interpros.best of luck to all of the lads selected but given what I would see (as would plenty of others on this forum) as a flawed, biased and politically motivated selection policy, I'll hold off on downloading this or actively following the team.

I do wish the guys selected the best.
    Interested to know what experience you have of selection policy?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Interested to know what experience you have of selection policy?
    In what respect?

If you mean with the Munster Juniors, plenty. Irrespective of this, any representative team that is largely selected from the lower divisions of any league program is most certainly flawed, particularly when you look at the representation from clubs that have a club member on the selection committee. you do not have to be involved in the selection policy to see this

To the brave and faithful
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    In what respect?

If you mean with the Munster Juniors, plenty. Irrespective of this, any representative team that is largely selected from the lower divisions of any league program is most certainly flawed, particularly when you look at the representation from clubs that have a club member on the selection committee. you do not have to be involved in the selection policy to see this
    Thats a fair point, cup tied teams make it difficult to select players tho, also are players bothered after a long season? Do many players turn down the opportunity I wonder?

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Loads of them do Cookie, this debate was had this time last year too. Loads of fellas are carrying knocks as well this time of year, particulalrly Div 1 players, and a lot genuinely dont give a ****. Having one MJ season is enough for most of em