Munster Dog of War
    What is the latest on Dowling? He wasn't in the 22 for the Connacht match. Has he been dropped for Horgan??

Great Chamberlain of the Red Empire
    He left the pitch injured against Ospreys I think. Haven't heard anything about an injury though.
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

He was in Newport last night with the cup. He looked fine and there was no mention of an injury.

Munster Praetorian Guard Hakaman's Avatar

A Kilkenny man parading around with a trophy in a Tipperary Pub?

Who would've believed it eh? Brilliant! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

European Cup Champions! Even Brillianter!

Munster Berserker

Quote Originally Posted by Hakaman

A Kilkenny man parading around with a trophy in a Tipperary Pub?

Who would've believed it eh? Brilliant! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

European Cup Champions! Even Brillianter!
    What's more, a Kilkenny man that Cork people WANTED to win... it felt dirty and unnatural
    Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

So is he injured or fit to start on Sunday
    Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
    Aint nothin I would rather do,
    Goin down, party time,
    My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Munster Berserker

From the Deadsite - seems like he is out of favour

<TABLE =std_newsartd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Layout table">
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD =line>Familiar Feel To Munster Side?</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =date>5 December 2006, 6:41 pm</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =author>By Gerry Murray</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =multimedia></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =abstract>Its unlikely that Munster coach Declan Kidney will require a very long consultation with his fellow coaches before deciding on his side to start against Cardiff Blues next Sunday. Kidney is expected to name his squad after training in Cork today but the match day 22 that will be announced on Friday will be along familiar lines.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =article>After the weekend victory over Connacht, four players David Wallace, Federico Pucciariello, Barry Murphy and John Kelly all picked up knocks but if they are named in the extended squad today then chances are they will be available for selection.

If that is the case then up front the back five of O’Connell, O’Callaghan, Quinlan, Wallace and Leamy pencil themselves in straight away as do John Hayes and Frank Sheahan. The only possible quandary in that area being whether the number one jersey will be given to the rookie Daragh Hurley or the more experienced Federico Pucciarello.

No prizes for guessing the halves or inside centre and if fit, then Barry Murphy will edge out Lifeimi Mafi for the outside centre berth.
    John Kelly was having slight hamstring bother after Sunday’s game but if that has cleared up then the Mister Reliable of the side will slot into one wing position with Anthony Horgan likely to see off Ian Dowling or Mafi for the other one.
    Shaun Payne was rested last weekend and that afforded Christian Cullen the opportunity to return to action. And he did to good effect, scoring a try in the process but Payne is in the form of his life and it’s hard to see him being omitted.
    Hurley or Pucciariello on the bench along with Andy Kyriacou, Chris Wyatt and Tim McGann ? Jeremy Manning and Tomas O’Leary should be the back-up halves with the final slot on the bench going to one from the trio of Dowling, Mafi and Cullen.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

I tend to agree. Hoggy is 1st choice, and Kelly is playing well.

We are still missing real searing pace out wide.

Munster Dog of War
    I would have Skinny ahead of Hoggy any day. He proved last year that he deserved his place on the team. IMO he is a better all round player than Horgan

Would have Dowling way ahead of Hoggy.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Other than Dowling's "hit 'n spin" routine,I doubt he'squicker than Hoggie. Hoggie takes lines through the centres also, Dowling not so much. Both have adequet defences.

Hoggie really rose in to the challenge in the SF vs Leinster. He's playing great at the mo.

Dowling will be good for us in the future but I believe that he hasn't recovered his 2005 form.

Hoggie for Sunday...

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Similar players really-they`re both abrasive tough and lack searing pace,not alot in it imo. Anyone reckon Mafi could play on the wing. Have seen very little of him but he looks quick?

Munster Dog of War
    Dowling has superior skills, and Hoggy is past his best. Hoggy makes too many errors- he is awfully prone to losing the ball in contact. Dowling showed against Cueto last year dat his style of play can be very effective. IMO we shud play Skinny as Horgan can be exposed more by the opposition

Admiral of the Fleet blackwarrior's Avatar

<!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

It would be a worry if Dowling was being kept out by Horgan - we need guys like Ian to come through and stay there.

But great credit to Hoggie. Played great on Sunday with a break that was as good or better than Halstead's.

Leader of the Red Hordes Paddy Whac's Avatar

I have great admiration for Horgan, I think he was the Irish sacrificial lamb against the ABs.

I'll never forget his timing for O'Garas pass in the Celtic League Final (or Celtic Cup) against Scarlets in Lansdowne Rd the season before last. I was on the 22 on the ET and you could see O'Gara was about to pass out to the wing, Horgan came on it like a train and slightly cut in from the touchline to touchdown for a try, it was great to be so close, I suppose we'll lose that nowwith the new developed LR.

I wouldn't knock Dowling and feel sorry for him if he is losing his place but isn't that what squads are all about, being there when needed. Would it be worse for him if it was an injury that was keeping him out.

Leader of the Red Hordes
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrigMan

Other than Dowling's "hit 'n spin" routine,I doubt he'squicker than Hoggie.

Have seen very little of the spinning out of the tackles this season. I wonder has someone told him to stop it or is there another reason he's not doing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Whac

I have great admiration for Horgan, I think he was the Irish sacrificial lamb against the ABs.
    Nah he was awful that day. He was also very unfit looking, and he lost his confidence as a result.

To his credit he worked very hard since, and rediscovered his pace, power, accelration, fitness, and confidence.

The semi last season was his real return to form. he didn't make 1 error and went on to have a good game in the final too.

Admiral of the Fleet

I'll never forget his timing for O'Garas pass in the Celtic League
    Final (or Celtic Cup) against Scarlets in Lansdowne Rd the season
    before last. I was on the 22 on the ET and you could see O'Gara was
    about to pass out to the wing,@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;"> Horgan came on it like a train and slightly cut in from the touchline to touchdown for a try@@@@/SPAN>, it was great to be so close, I suppose we'll lose that nowwith the new developed LR.

I wouldn't knock Dowling and feel sorry for him if he is losing his
    place but isn't that what squads are all about, being there when
    needed. Would it be worse for him if it was an injury that was keeping
    him out.

You could be describing a similar try against Stade Francais in Paris in a HEC Qtr a few years back.

Leader of the Red Hordes Paddy Whac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermot G

Nah he was awful that day. He was also very unfit looking, and he lost his confidence as a result.

To his credit he worked very hard since, and rediscovered his pace, power, accelration, fitness, and confidence.

The semi last season was his real return to form. he didn't make 1 error and went on to have a good game in the final too.

I think the full team were awful that day, my point was in dropping him didn't turn the form of the team around, if my recollection is right a poor Autrailain Team beat the following week.

Full marks to Horgan for his SF display, a great game for everyone in Red.

Admiral of the Fleet blackwarrior's Avatar

<!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

The really admirable thing about Horgan is that he has come back. Remember that he watched the Perpignan quarter final from the stand (at least for a while he did - he said in an interview that he couldn't bear to watch it and left to see most of in a bookies or something).

He got his chance in the semi, and for the next two games was terrific. Fair play to him.

Munster Praetorian Guard
    Just watchin the DvD of the final actually reminded me of how well Hoggie came back to form. For the last 5 minutes when the pressure was on he was superb.

lots of parts of the video and the alan english book really were touching.

horgans story was touching, but for mein particular Hendo's emotions when he got a standing ovation in lansdowne really hit me