PDA

View Full Version : Video Gaming (now with RWC 2011 info)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Dave Cahill
25th-December-2008, 13:04
nice one Ruck smileys/wink.gif

dropkick
30th-December-2008, 12:43
http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ps3grill_2006-11-21.jpg

PS3 can't compete with Xbox or Wii this holiday season (http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/12/ps3-cant-compete-against-wii-xbox-360-this-holiday-season/)

Mucky Boots
30th-December-2008, 19:49
Received a grand total of FIVE games for Christmas, I was definitely on the nice list! All PS3 games, which has stopped my fourth replay of MGS4 dead in its tracks.

Fallout 3 - Is savage. 'Nuff said. Liam Neeson's in it, too.

Bioshock - Awesomely atmospheric, not too far into it but lovely every minute of the failed utopia that is Rapture. Atlas' Irish accent ain't too bad, given that it was made by Yanks (and Aussies).

Mirror's Edge - Awfully frustrating game. Concept is wonderfully (game centred around free running), execution inherently flawed in that the running isn't all that free and is based around a trial-and-error sequence of "try it, die, try it again".

Alone In The Dark: Inferno - Like Mirror's Edge, some wonderful ideas but poorly executed. Lip-synching is terrible, issues with frame rates during cutscenes and clunky controls. If you want a good horror game for the PS3, get Dead Space.

Resistance 2 - Big improvement on its predecessor, online mode is fun too. Solid FPS.

Mach10
30th-December-2008, 22:45
Agree with Mucky on Fallout 3.

Good story and gameplay. Good mix of action, horror and exploration. Huge terrain and negotiating it at the start is a challenging enough start. Quick travel helps when you get tired of it.

The karma feature was good craic even though I never managed to get a follower. Was always too high or low. Started off as a goody two shoes and then started breaking into to places like moriarty's back kitchen for the info on the terminal. Kill Dukov and a few traders and before you know it I'm at the very evil stage where a crew of regulators eventually caught up to try to collect a bounty. Eventually got back to Neutral by killing all the slavers and a few other good deeds.

Only dissapointment was a few glitches like when all of Lyon's pride bar the blonde refuses to head across the bridge near the end or when there was no dialogue option to give Doctor Li a stimpack for Garza so I had to kill him to progress or when I had to go and collect James after he had gone up to a bridge between two buildings to take on some super mutants with his lead pipe.

Great game and some value at 35. Have to go back and do some of the other quests I skipped by sticking to the main one.

The Word Is Born
30th-December-2008, 23:16
Bioshock is the dog's. But then again us '360 lot having being saying that for quite a while now.

Monster Fan
1st-January-2009, 09:14
going to newry quays SC on saturday to get a ps3 on sat.
with close to parity they are over a 100 yoyo cheaper.

Anyone shopped there recently? heard the traffic can be
gash there...

masterchief
1st-January-2009, 09:45
going to newry quays SC on saturday to get a ps3 on sat.
with close to parity they are over a 100 yoyo cheaper.

Anyone shopped there recently? heard the traffic can be
gash there...

Was up that direction 2 weeks ago, i went to Lisburn, about 10 mins further up the road. not as mental up there.

colly23
1st-January-2009, 10:11
I live in Newry and traffic is an absolute joke at the moment, regularly up to 10 mile tailbacks on the motorway into Newry and then the town itself is ridiculous. I'd advise anyone to avoid Newry and drive on to Banbridge orSprucefield up the road. Btw Lisburn is certainly not 10mins up the road, its a good half hour but well worth it to avoid the jams in Newry

Jackie Brown
1st-January-2009, 10:53
I live in Newry and traffic is an absolute joke at the moment, regularly up to 10 mile tailbacks on the motorway into Newry and then the town itself is ridiculous. I'd advise anyone to avoid Newry and drive on to Banbridge orSprucefield up the road. Btw Lisburn is certainly not 10mins up the road, its a good half hour but well worth it to avoid the jams in Newry

If you make it to Lisburn, stay on the M1 for another 10mins and go to Belfast. Feck all in Lisburn in comparison.

masterchief
3rd-January-2009, 13:41
Right folks, I'm having a little issue here and hopefully someone here can help me out.

I got a new 120gb hard drive for my xbox360 today. My missus brought it back from the states for me.It has a usb data cable and a softwawre disc. The problem is that the software disc with it won't play on my console (the fecking software disc is region locked).

Has anyone here got a disc that I can borrow? Anyone who'd have bought the 120gb drive seperately here in Ireland should have the disc.

sparks
3rd-January-2009, 13:55
is the drive the correct format?

masterchief
3rd-January-2009, 16:24
is the drive the correct format?

Yeah the drive is grand and the transfer cable is grand, the problem is the software disc is NTSC rathere then PAL so it won't play on my PAL xbox and hence i can't copy over the data from my 20gb to my 120gb.

The missus has a region 1 laptop so I'll try ripping the disc to an iso or something on that and try burning it back to PAL, dunno if it'll work though. smileys/confused.gif

masterchief
4th-January-2009, 10:38
anyone?

Jenta
4th-January-2009, 11:14
You might have more luck tomorrow MC, the traffic in blabla is fairly restricted of a Sunday.

Cleared Gears of War 2 yesterday, I doubted they could improve on the original but I was very wrong, epic stuff. Leaves the door open for a final instalment too.

On to Call of Duty 5 today. Semper Fi.

masterchief
4th-January-2009, 11:57
I'll give it a try tomorrow so.

I have COD 5, its ok, not as good as COD 4 imho

Chief
4th-January-2009, 12:11
I agree. COD 5 good, but not as good as COD 4.
Can't put my finger on why exactly but it just isn't.

masterchief
5th-January-2009, 09:42
bumpity bump

scourge
5th-January-2009, 09:58
Anyone got a PSP? Are they any good?

masterchief
5th-January-2009, 10:06
i still need a transfer disc
smileys/sad.gif

heinekenhopeful
5th-January-2009, 12:46
Anyone got a PSP? Are they any good?

They're really an under-utilised piece of kit. If you have a
PS3 they're cracking though. You can access your console
over the interweb and view any photos or listen to any
music you have on your HDD. You can also play any
games you've downloaded onto your PS3.

The PSP itself has some great games too. Very fun to
have. I dont leave home without it myself.

Bosco
5th-January-2009, 12:49
i have never got the remote access thing working on my
PSP smileys/sad.gif

masterchief
5th-January-2009, 13:34
a lot of disappointment here today
smileys/sad.gif

LZ
5th-January-2009, 13:34
What are your PSNs, lads?

Bosco
5th-January-2009, 13:41
What are your PSNs, lads?

Plenty listed here

http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9940&PN =1&TPN=1

Sarsfield
6th-January-2009, 06:50

Good story and gameplay. Good mix of action, horror and exploration. Huge terrain and negotiating it at the start is a challenging enough start. Quick travel helps when you get tired of it.

The karma feature was good craic even though I never managed to get a follower. Was always too high or low. Started off as a goody two shoes and then started breaking into to places like moriarty's back kitchen for the info on the terminal. Kill Dukov and a few traders and before you know it I'm at the very evil stage where a crew of regulators eventually caught up to try to collect a bounty. Eventually got back to Neutral by killing all the slavers and a few other good deeds.

Only dissapointment was a few glitches like when all of Lyon's pride bar the blonde refuses to head across the bridge near the end or when there was no dialogue option to give Doctor Li a stimpack for Garza so I had to kill him to progress or when I had to go and collect James after he had gone up to a bridge between two buildings to take on some super mutants with his lead pipe.

Great game and some value at 35. Have to go back and do some of the other quests I skipped by sticking to the main one.

Fallout 3; great game but badly</span> in need of another patch!

Johnm2501
6th-January-2009, 08:17
Got an xbox 360 from the missus for the christmas. Any advice on how I can get the best from it?

Got Halo 3 also and I have to say - outstanding!

Kerry-Exile
6th-January-2009, 12:30
I got an xbox as well with Project Gotham 4 and Fifa, awesome stuff. I got an amazon gift voucher for xmas and have 20 to spend on a game xbox 360/ Psp - Any recommendations, currently thinking possibly Gears of war xbox, Lego Indiana Jones xbox psp, or Silent Hill Origins psp?? what do the gamers here think?

Johnm2501
6th-January-2009, 12:42
Got Gears of War and xbox Indiana Jones- Indiana Jones is great fun I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially if you are a fan of the movies...

Kerry-Exile
6th-January-2009, 12:50
Got Gears of War and xbox Indiana Jones- Indiana Jones is great fun I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially if you are a fan of the movies...

I am and I must admit the inner child is very tempted even though it hasn't got as good reviews as the other two smileys/smile.gif

Johnm2501
6th-January-2009, 13:00
Trust me -its brilliant!

Kerry-Exile
6th-January-2009, 13:18
Trust me -its brilliant!

How did you find Gears of war??

Johnm2501
6th-January-2009, 13:21
Haven't really had a chance to play it yet - but it looks pretty excellent!

Dave Cahill
7th-January-2009, 08:18
i still need a transfer discsmileys/sad.gif

I had a root around a couple of torrent sites looking for
your disc but I'm afraid to no avail. Your best bet might be
hitting one of the smaller gaming stores and telling a few
fibs, say your kids drew on the disc with marker or
whatever and could you get a new one. You could try the
truth too, but thats always a last resort. smileys/lol.gif

scourge
8th-January-2009, 14:19
sale on HMV.COM at the moment. Fifa 09 for 24.99 etc. they charge
about 5 for delivery to Ireland

Never mind that - Fifa 09 is 17.73 (or 20.43 by their conversion
factor) on www.thehut.com lots of other cheap stuff too smileys/smile.gif

Mucky Boots
8th-January-2009, 14:44

Fallout 3; great game but badly in need of another patch!

I'd have to agree with you there. Haven't experienced any of the serious bugs yet, but I've read some horror stories here and there!

masterchief
8th-January-2009, 15:15
i still need a transfer discsmileys/sad.gif

I had a root around a couple of torrent sites looking for

your disc but I'm afraid to no avail. Your best bet might be

hitting one of the smaller gaming stores and telling a few

fibs, say your kids drew on the disc with marker or

whatever and could you get a new one. You could try the

truth too, but thats always a last resort. smileys/lol.gif

I had a good look myself, it turns out that its not up there because the xbox will only run software that is on microsoft authorized discs. So you cant throw a .exe on a cd-r and get it to run (i tried) they have some piece of code in the console that won't let exe's run from cd-r's (rw's) Dvd-r's ec etc. Apparently it picks up that its a writable disc and says no. smileys/sad.gif

I did however find a .pdf (buried way on a microsoft site) that will send you (free gratis) a transfer kit and disc if you have bought a 360 elite to replace an older 360. You do however need the serial numbers form the old and the new console. (one of the lads in work has an elite so i got his serial)

Hopefully this will help people who get caught out.smileys/lol.gif

Hugged Rugger
8th-January-2009, 18:51
just finished Call of Duty 4 story mode. is there much benefit to playing arcade mode? does getting points unlock anything or is it just for fun?

SFBB
8th-January-2009, 19:55
Anybody who plays online PS3 games is welcome to add me.

My PSN is Darmody

masterchief
8th-January-2009, 20:53
just finished Call of Duty 4 story mode.* is there much benefit to playing arcade mode?* does getting points unlock anything or is it just for fun?

play it online, its the way forward

Guy Incognito
8th-January-2009, 21:03
just finished Call of Duty 4 story mode. is there much benefit to playing arcade mode? does getting points unlock anything or is it just for fun?

play it online, its the way forward

It's the monkey's nuts, I'm just getting in to it. There are some people who spend far too much time on there though... if you stand still for two seconds you"ll be picked off...

masterchief
8th-January-2009, 21:05
i did prestigemode twice, i got very very very addicted. smileys/sad.gif

Bisto17
8th-January-2009, 21:15
@ Hugged Rugger

Jesus christ man play COD4 online! It is just phenominally addictive. I'm on the 6th or 7th prestige, I forget which. And that is after 23,000 kills and 11 days of actual game time, averaging 8-9 mins and game that is a s**t load of gaming.

Yes I have no lifesmileys/wink.gif. Well actually no I tell a lie I have a GF that hogs the downstairs tv for Corrie so what else am I to do?

masterchief
8th-January-2009, 21:16
Jesus christ man play COD4 online! It is just phenominally addictive. I'm on the 6th or 7th prestige, I forget which. And that is after 23,000 kills and 11 days of actual game time, averaging 8-9 mins and game that is a s**t load of gaming.

Yes I have no lifesmileys/wink.gif.* Well actually no I tell a lie I have a GF that hogs the downstairs tv for Corrie so what else am I to do?

Thats what I need, a second TV!!!!!!!
how could I have been so stupid?

Bisto17
8th-January-2009, 21:16
Anybody who plays online PS3 games is welcome to add me.

My PSN is Darmody

Did you get your 'port forwarding' thingy fixed?

Bisto17
8th-January-2009, 21:19

Yes I have no lifesmileys/wink.gif. Well actually no I tell a lie I have a GF that hogs the downstairs tv for Corrie so what else am I to do?

Thats what I need, a second TV!!!!!!!
how could I have been so stupid?

Am I bad for keeping the s**tty old tv downstairs for her Corrie and the Plasma upstairs for the PS3?

Hell nosmileys/biggrin.gif

Mucky Boots
21st-January-2009, 00:53
Got Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii there. Good God, it's incredibly overrated. Story mode is awfully contrived and arcade modes descend largely into frantic button bashing. The most craic to be had from it is playing it with a friend who's equally clueless about what the f**k is going on. I'm not saying it's terrible, just that it's been blown out of proportion slightly.

Drahcir
21st-January-2009, 16:28
Got Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii there. Good God, it's incredibly overrated. Story mode is awfully contrived and arcade modes descend largely into frantic button bashing. The most craic to be had from it is playing it with a friend who's equally clueless about what the f**k is going on. I'm not saying it's terrible, just that it's been blown out of proportion slightly.

You're not alone (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuati&#111;n/35-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl)

sparks
21st-January-2009, 17:13
Your man who did this is deadly!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPQ1XrllZmA

mickyd
6th-February-2009, 12:07
NHL '09

loving the Be A Pro mode at the moment. One of the best sports games for years

cullie
6th-February-2009, 19:38
has anyone else out there had much trouble with their xbox 360? i've been without mine since christmas - got the RROD and had to send it away for repair. my repaired unit lasted 2 days until it stopped outputting a picture, but no RROD this time. currently away for repair again - it bloody ridiculous though, must be the most unreliable console out there

bedstuybosco
7th-February-2009, 20:49
has anyone else out there had much trouble with their xbox 360? i've been without mine since christmas - got the RROD and had to send it away for repair. my repaired unit lasted 2 days until it stopped outputting a picture, but no RROD this time. currently away for repair again - it bloody ridiculous though, must be the most unreliable console out there

A simple solution .... Get a PS3 smileys/biggrin.gif

Hugged Rugger
8th-May-2009, 06:42
for rpg fans

<a href="http://news.mmosite.com/c&#111;ntent/2009-04-27/20090427174919375,1.shtml" target="_blank">http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-04-27/20090427174919375 ,1.shtml
</a>

Kerry-Exile
8th-May-2009, 06:57
has anyone else out there
had much trouble with their xbox 360? i've been without mine since
christmas - got the RROD and had to send it away for repair. my
repaired unit lasted 2 days until it stopped outputting a picture, but
no RROD this time. currently away for repair again - it bloody
ridiculous though, must be the most unreliable console out there

A simple solution .... Get a <s&#111;ng>PS3</font></s&#111;ng>
smileys/biggrin.gif

Thats bad luck, I have had no trouble with mine and neither have my
two workmates who've had theirs longer. I did see an item on the
gadget show bout how the 360 doesn't react well to be moved around
a lot

Ruck
8th-May-2009, 07:39
Max Payne 1 & 2 have been released to xbox originals. Can't wait to play those again. smileys/biggrin.gif

Balla Boy
8th-May-2009, 08:18
Just finished Godfather 2. Enjoyable enough but fairly limited. Starting on Tombraider Underworld now.

Looking forward to Uncharted 2, and seeing if the PS3 incarnation of Just Cause manages to fix the failings of the original.

Ruck
8th-May-2009, 08:24
Just Cause was a shockingly bad game. One of the only games I've never bothered to finish.

Balla Boy
8th-May-2009, 08:29
Just Cause was a shockingly bad game. One of the only games I've never bothered to finish.

Far too big and repetitive, but there were some good ideas in there I thought.

mackTheKnife
8th-May-2009, 09:05
Just bought Too Human for the 360 from play-asia (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dx-49-en-15-too+human-70-3c04.html),

10 euros delivered no region encoding. Played the demo and looks pretty good, decent review from IGN as well.

Drick
8th-May-2009, 09:12
smileys/sad.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8037688.stm

<S&#079;NG>Duke Nukem developer goes bust </S&#079;NG>

Veteran games developer 3D Realms has closed down because of a lack of funds.

Founded in 1987, the firm popularised the concept of shareware gaming and published the seminal Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein 3D first-person shooters.

The company was working on a follow-up title, Duke Nukem Forever, which after being in development for 12 years has become the object of industry derision.

Publisher Take-Two says it will no longer fund development of the game but retains rights to the title.

"We can confirm that our relationship with 3D Realms for Duke Nukem Forever was a publishing arrangement, which did not include ongoing funds for development of the title," said Take-Two's Alan Lewis in a statement.

There has been no official comment from 3D Realms, other than a forum posting from the company's webmaster, Joe Siegler, who said: "It's not a marketing thing. It's true. I have nothing further to say at this time."

Other companies with links to 3D Realms or the Duke Nukem series were quick to distance themselves.

In a posting on Twitter, Apogee Software said it was "officially not affected by the situation at 3DRealms".

"Development of the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned and further announcements about upcoming games will be made in the near future," the statement added.

Guardian newspaper games writer Steve Boxer said it was astonishing 3D Realms had not finished the game after more than a decade of development.

"It would have been nice to see another Duke Nukem game, but given they had more than 12 years it's just incompetence of the highest order.

"3D Realms made some great games in the past, but they got overtaken by the 21st Century.

"Sadly, Duke Nukem Forever was the most aptly named title in the history of games. Now, it's just Duke Nukem Never."

Balla Boy
8th-May-2009, 09:17
I thought there was a new Wolfenstein coming out? Is someone else developing it?

Woggas
8th-May-2009, 19:50
Just finished Godfather 2. Enjoyable enough but fairly limited. Starting on Tombraider Underworld now.

Looking forward to Uncharted 2, and seeing if the PS3 incarnation of Just Cause manages to fix the failings of the original.

rented that from xtra vision, loved the first one...brought it home and started it, and it hung during the opening scene with roth..so i brought it back, got another copy and the same thing happened...so decided to email EA about it...after much jigs and reels they told me to contact their warranty department...which wasn't much use to me...turned me off buying it

bedstuybosco
9th-May-2009, 06:32
Anybody play the new SOCOM yet? smileys/wink.gif

inoverthetop
9th-May-2009, 06:59
NHL '09

loving the Be A Pro mode at the moment. One of the best sports
games for years

Without a shadow of a doubt its the best sports game since Jonah Lomu,
really challenging and when you get one of those big hits it really brings
a smile to your face!!!

Also playing worms but the online multiplayer set up is shocking

Ruck
29th-May-2009, 07:46
Endgadget (http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/29/live-sky-tv-coming-to-xbox-360-in-uk-and-ireland-hooligan-avata/)
US Americans, go ahead and enjoy your Netflix streaming over your Xbox 360, Brits are about to land a deal that'll put live football, TV, and films over Microsoft's broadband-enabled console -- a first live television service for Xbox 360 anywhere. Beginning in Autumn, Xbox Live subscribers in the UK and Ireland will gain access to Sky's Sky Player service that includes subscription-based live, on-demand, and pay-per-view access to your favorite shows without the need for an additional set-top-box or satellite dish. Unfortunately, specifics like prices and channel line-up have not been announced, though content is expected to be similar to the Sky Player service already available on Macs and PCs. Of interest, Xbox Live users will be able to watch sporting content together virtually and sling insults and taunts at one-another via avatars or virtual personas. Something that will lead to slurring songs in a fit of semi-social inebriation or fisticuffs, depending on the score.

Bosco
29th-May-2009, 08:20
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is out in a few weeks!!!!!, its anything like COD4 its going to be class!!!

Balla Boy
29th-May-2009, 08:23
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is out in a few weeks!!!!!, its anything like COD4 its going to be class!!!

Guy in the shop a couple of days ago told me November.

cobhrugby
29th-May-2009, 08:23

saw a trailer for it, dont think is out til september/ november.

World at war 2 is due out the same time AFAIK.

Bosco
29th-May-2009, 08:26
you could reserve your copy of it in xtravision last night, was so excited at seeing it i forgot to take note of the actual release datesmileys/lol.gif

Ruck
29th-May-2009, 08:31
Official release date for CODMW2 is November 10th according to wikipedia.

I'm liking the sounds of the following:
A "Special Forces" mode will be featured in Modern Warfare 2, comparable to the "Mile High Club" epilogue mission in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare,[6] consising of isolated missions in a variety of settings unrelated to the campaign story. The main campaign will not support cooperative play, but the "Special Forces" mode will have a two-player cooperative option.[5]

Bosco
29th-May-2009, 08:41
crapsmileys/sad.gif

Ruck
29th-May-2009, 08:47
Just reading up on Splinter Cell Conviction this morning as well. looks like there's one or two new teaser trailers after being released recently. Looking forward to those. Game is apparently being renamed to Splinter Cell: Man of Conviction. It was delayed because apparently gameplay was too similar to Assassin's Creed, so they had to redesign the whole thing.

sparks
1st-June-2009, 08:12
E3 is coming up!

Anyone seen the trailer for Unchartered 2? Its absolutely amazing

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/extended-warzone-uncharted (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/extended-warz&#111;ne-uncharted-2/49328) -2/49328

sparks
2nd-June-2009, 10:03
This is amazing

<div ="postcolor" id="post-768603">

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-project-natal/50013

</div>

bazz
2nd-June-2009, 10:09
here lads im getting a games console soon

wat do u lads think i should get a ps3 or xbox 360smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

i love playing onlinesmileys/smile.gif

Ruck
2nd-June-2009, 11:20
The Beeb (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8077369.stm)

Microsoft unveils new controller
By Daniel Emery
Technology reporter, Los Angeles

Project Natal is a fully hands-free control system that will use face recognition and motion sensors to allow users to play games.

Film director Steven Spielberg, attending the launch, said it was "a window into what the future holds".

Although still in the early stages, Microsoft has sent prototypes to all the main game developers.

Speaking to the BBC, Mr Spielberg said he had always stated that "the main barrier stopping people getting into video games was the complexity of a games controller," and that Natal was "a whole new world".

"There is technology now that recognises not just your thumb, it recognises your entire person. The technology knows who you are," he said.

Mr Spielberg drew an analogy with the film industry, saying it was evolutionary step for games.

"It's like the square screen we saw all of our movies on in the early 1950s. Then The Robe came out in Cinemascope. And then came CinRam and Imax followed. That's what [Natal] is.

I think the technology looks very interesting but its success depends on the content and how easy it is to use

Piers Harding-Rolls, analyst
During the demonstration, British developer Peter Molyneux showed how Natal could not only recognise faces, it could recognise facial expressions to determine what mood a player was in and react accordingly.

Mr Spielberg said this offered new opportunities for game development

"The video games industry has not allowed us the opportunity to cry, because we were too busy putting our adrenalin rush into the controller, or wherever we swing our arm with a Wii controller to get a result," he said.

"Because of that, there is no room for a video game to break your heart. We now have a little more room to be a little more emotional with Natal technology than we did before."

Speaking to the BBC, Piers Harding-Rolls, senior analyst with Screen Digest, said the success of Natal depended on a number of different factors.

"I think the technology looks very interesting but its success depends on the content and how easy it is to use," he said.

"The other aspect is cost and how they will get it out to the user base," he said.

"That said, I think Microsoft would like to get it out sooner, rather than later.

"Sales of the Xbox 360 hit their peak in 2008 and are now expected to decline, in terms of console sales, so you would expect them to get it out as soon as possible to rekindle interest in the platform."

Leak

The details of Project Natal had already leaked out a few weeks ago when the US patent office released documents, filed by Microsoft, of a "motion sensor that makes use of face recognition software and biometrics".

At the time, most experts believed that Microsoft was patenting concepts, rather than an actual application, and would focus on a motion detector similar to the Nintendo's Wii controller.

Speaking to the BBC, Shane Kim, Microsoft's Cooperate Vice-President of Xbox Strategy and Development, said it was worried the story was going to break before the official launch.

"Most of the information was out there, but no one was able to put the full story together," he said.

Games bonanza

Project Natal was not the only big announcement from Microsoft.

It will let people achieve skate supremacy in the comfort of their own living rooms

Tony Hawk
The company unveiled 10 new games for the Xbox 360, including Beatles Rock Band, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Tony Hawk Ride and Final Fantasy XIII.

Tony Hawk Ride comes with its own skateboard con

Ruck
2nd-June-2009, 11:21
here lads im getting a games console soon

wat do u lads think i should get a ps3 or xbox 360smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

i love playing onlinesmileys/smile.gif

If you love playing online, then i would recommend xbox 360. Xbox live, whilst not free, is superb and great value at less than 1 per week.

Ruck
18th-June-2009, 06:39
I'm playing "Protoype" at the moment. Very enjoyable game. I recommend it highly. smileys/biggrin.gif

bedstuybosco
18th-June-2009, 07:30
Hmmm i finished what i think is the story mode in <S&#079;NG>GTA4</S&#079;NG> but the game still continues after that even when the credits run ... does anyone know if there are more missions?

smileys/wink.gif

cobhrugby
18th-June-2009, 07:57
Hmmm i finished what i think is the story mode in &lt;SONG&gt;GTA4&lt;/SONG&gt; but the game still continues after that even when the credits run ... does anyone know if there are more missions?

smileys/wink.gif

presume its the same as the others with the mini missions.
there should be a percentage complete in the start menu.
all them insane jumps and stuff.

Ruck
18th-June-2009, 08:17
Hmmm i finished what i think is the story mode in &lt;SONG&gt;GTA4&lt;/SONG&gt; but the game still continues after that even when the credits run ... does anyone know if there are more missions?

smileys/wink.gif
that's the same as all GTA games. You can continue to play around in the open world of the game. try to do side missions, collect all collectables etc.
there are extra story missions available for download on Xbox live also, that you can't get on playstation smileys/biggrin.gif

bedstuybosco
18th-June-2009, 09:21

smileys/wink.gif

that's the same as all GTA games. You can continue to play around in the open world of the game. try to do side missions, collect all collectables etc.
there are extra story missions available for download on Xbox live also, <S&#079;NG>that you can't get on playstation</S&#079;NG> smileys/biggrin.gif

You just love reminding us of that dont ya ha ha ha smileys/lol.gif

Ruck
18th-June-2009, 09:37
Yes I do. smileys/biggrin.gif

Mucky Boots
18th-June-2009, 09:48

smileys/wink.gif

there are extra story missions available for download on Xbox live also, that you can't get on playstation smileys/biggrin.gif

Wait until the contract expires, then, like the Fallout 3 DLC, it'll be all over Sony's face.

Ruck
18th-June-2009, 11:25
pffft, rumour in the gaming universe is that the PS3 will be Sony's last console because of the losses they are making on each one. Xbox is the future smileys/cool.gif

Munstersinc
18th-June-2009, 12:18
Has anyone played Ninja Blade and if so what did you think of it ?

I played Ninja Gaiden II as well recently and rate NG as a better all round game.

There are some class bits to Blade - has anyone managed to get the 4th Shuriken yet and what is it ??? I've upgraded all three swords to max so far (I think anyway).

sparks
23rd-June-2009, 10:55
If anyone loves the Ghostbusters as much as me, you should go out and buy the game for the PS3 they have out at the moment.

Its brilliant!! smileys/biggrin.gif

bedstuybosco
27th-June-2009, 06:17
If anyone loves the Ghostbusters as much as me, you should go out and buy the game for the PS3 they have out at the moment.

Its brilliant!! smileys/biggrin.gif

it looks class smileys/biggrin.gif

bedstuybosco
27th-June-2009, 06:19
Anybody know when the first call of duty modern warfare will be out on PS3 as a platinum editon? smileys/wink.gif

bedstuybosco
3rd-July-2009, 12:26
Anybody know when the first call of duty modern warfare will be out on PS3 as a platinum editon? smileys/wink.gif

Anybody?

Bosco
3rd-July-2009, 12:28
no idea, but i am sure you could pick it up second hand somewhere for cheap? also i think HMV have a sale at the moment, try there

tickettout
3rd-July-2009, 13:14
Any new rugby games coming out for play station.

sparks
3rd-July-2009, 14:09
Any new rugby games coming out for play station.

Still waiting myself!? Maybe when the RWC comes about there will be one!

cobhrugby
3rd-July-2009, 14:19
anyone play or hear anything about the call of juarez game thats after coming out?

Kerry-Exile
3rd-July-2009, 14:27
Any new rugby games coming out for play
station.Still waiting myself!? Maybe when the RWC comes
about there will be one!

Haven't heard any talk of one. I don't know about PS3 but you can play
the xbox version of EA Rugby 06 on the 360, that's what I have and isn't
a half bad sports sim

No Bother
6th-July-2009, 21:58
http://www.miniclip.com/games/mahjong-daily/en/ (http://www.miniclip.com/games/mahj&#111;ng-daily/en/)its taking over my (sad smileys/wink.gif) life again! totally addictive

rookie
6th-July-2009, 22:04
http://www.miniclip.com/games/mahjong-daily/en/ (http://www.miniclip.com/games/mahj&#111;ng-daily/en/)its taking over my (sad smileys/wink.gif) life again! totally addictive

Yes mine too NB, quick fire pool is the game for me. I just cant get enough of it.

No Bother
6th-July-2009, 22:21

Yes mine too NB, quick fire pool is the game for me. I just cant get enough of it. mahjiong is fec**ng torture till you learn the rules its all ying/yang earth wind and fire stuff!

rookie
6th-July-2009, 22:29

Yes mine too NB, quick fire pool is the game for me. I just cant get enough of it.

mahjiong is fec**ng torture till you learn the rules its all ying/yang earth wind and fire stuff!

No thanks. I think Ill stick to the pool. Cant have any of that earth wind and fire stuff at this hour.

finky
6th-July-2009, 22:53
anyone play or hear anything about the call of juarez game thats after coming out?

It's getting good reviews, the original Call of Juarez is a classic, highly recommended on the PC.

Kerry-Exile
30th-July-2009, 10:18
New game out Batman: Arkham Asylum looks absolutely brilliant. Think
I'll be pre-ordering it

http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/start

Munstersinc
30th-July-2009, 10:45
I'm playing "Protoype" at the moment. Very enjoyable game. I recommend it highly. smileys/biggrin.gif

I just got it last night ........... pretty feckin awesome so far..... a lot of similarities between Prototype and Assassin's Creed I think - even the characters look alike !!

Balla Boy
30th-July-2009, 10:47

It's getting good reviews, the original Call of Juarez is a classic, highly recommended on the PC.

Started it last night. It looks good and the game play is fairly varied already. Not usually a fan of FPS (played Fallout 3 wholly in "over the shoulder" mode) but getting used to it.

Hugged Rugger
30th-July-2009, 11:21
New game out Batman: Arkham Asylum looks absolutely brilliant. Think

I'll be pre-ordering it

http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/start

I concur http://www.munsterfans.com//uploads/images/HuggedRugger/A89_clap21.gif

sparks
30th-July-2009, 11:25
Anyone play inFAMOUS yet?

Kerry-Exile
4th-August-2009, 07:45
<S&#079;NG style="FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-STYLE: normal">Eidos may be controlling review scores for the upcoming game Batman: Arkham Asylum.</S&#079;NG>
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Batman-Arkham-Asylum,9-1-216757-1.jpg (http://www.tomsguide.com/us/slideshow/12,0101-216757-0-2-3-1-jpg-.html)http://m.bestofmedia.com/i/presencepc/design/loupe.gifZoom (http://www.tomsguide.com/us/slideshow/12,0101-216757-0-2-3-1-jpg-.html)A recent blog byThe RAM Raider (http://ramraider.blogspot.com/)is suggesting that Eidos is tampering with the review scores of the upcoming game<EM style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: italic">Batman: Arkham Asylum (http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/)[/i], or rather, "artificially hyping up" the forthcoming release. Eidos will be responsible for publishing the game in Europe on August 28; the game hits that States for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 three days prior through Warner Bros. Interactive. Slated as an action-adventure stealth game, Arkham Asylum heavily borrows the storyline from the original comic book series where Batman must re-capture all the inmates from the Arkham Asylum (Bane did this in theKnightfall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Knightfall)series).

Typically publishers--or rather their associated press contacts--distribute early copies of the game to the press and high-profile gaming websites, allowing plenty of time for reviewers to encompass t

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 08:09
That new batman game looks good alright, but very similar in gameplay to the new Splinter Cell game that is finally due for release in November.

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 08:13

I just got it last night ........... pretty feckin awesome so far..... a lot of similarities between Prototype and Assassin's Creed I think - even the characters look alike !!

Assassin's Creed was horribly repetitive though, prototype wasnt. Assassin's Creed 2 looks excellent, and they've apparently addressed the issues of repetitiveness.

bedstuybosco
4th-August-2009, 08:18
smileys/lol.gif
That new batman game looks good alright, but very similar in gameplay to the new Splinter Cell game that is finally due for release in November.

Ah SPLINTER CELL ... That old chestnut .... Great game ...

I suppose ure gonna tell me Ruck tis only on XBOX? smileys/lol.gif

Kerry-Exile
4th-August-2009, 08:24
I still like the look of the batman game so I'll keep an eye on it. Never played Splinter cell, must check that out seeing as I just finished Fallout 3, did the ending of that game take anyone else by surprise?

bedstuybosco
4th-August-2009, 08:26
I still like the look of the batman game so I'll keep an eye on it. Never played Splinter cell, must check that out seeing as I just finished Fallout 3, did the ending of that game take anyone else by surprise?

Jaysus that fallout 3 ... dont get me started ... i just couldnt get into it smileys/sad.gif

Kerry-Exile
4th-August-2009, 08:37

Jaysus that fallout 3 ... dont get me started ... i just couldnt get into it smileys/sad.gif

Don't play Oblivion then, that's impossible to get into, don't know how it got the reviews it did. I thought Fallout 3 was a great game once you got into it but admittedly it was very drawn out, some people like that, I thought it was a bit too long and then, without wanting to spoil it for anyone, it ended very abruptly. Wasn't impressed with that

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 08:54

Fantastic game. There are two different endings I think, depending on your actions.
There are 4 expansion packs available for xbox gamers, which add to the game even more, I am just waiting to get the game back off my mate so i can play those!

The Splinter Cell games are great, if you're into stealth. Double Agent is one of my favourite games of all time. The new game has been completely redesigned though, the result is that the gameplay has changed significantly, i just hope it's as good as the previous games. It's on both consoles btw.

Munstersinc
4th-August-2009, 09:32

Assassin's Creed was horribly repetitive though, prototype wasnt. Assassin's Creed 2 looks excellent, and they've apparently addressed the issues of repetitiveness.

Just at the last super mutant stage on the carrier ..... enjoyed playing it alright.....some pretty cool moves. Looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2 whenever it's due out. And stil waiting for a decent broadband connection where I live so can get Xbox live.......... feel like I'm missing out on a lot not having it. I'm stuck with s**te 3 mobile broadband = feckin painful !!!!!

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 09:42
Xbox live is awesome. I only signed up a month or so ago and love it. If you're into shooters like Gears of War it really adds to the longevity of a game!
What speed is your 3 connection? I'm on a 3mb line and my connection is perfect, have never suffered any latency.

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 09:44
Oh, and that last supreme hunter dude on the carrier is a pain in the hole. I hate boss fights that are timed. I remember reading up on that guy, and people were saying you had 3 minutes to beat him, after you get him down to 30%, i only got 1 minute 45, which made it incredibly difficult.

Kerry-Exile
4th-August-2009, 10:11

Fantastic game. There are two different endings I think, depending on your actions.
There are 4 expansion packs available for xbox gamers, which add to the game even more, I am just waiting to get the game back off my mate so i can play those!

The Splinter Cell games are great, if you're into stealth. Double Agent is one of my favourite games of all time. The new game has been completely redesigned though, the result is that the gameplay has changed significantly, i just hope it's as good as the previous games. It's on both consoles btw.

There are three endings depending on your actions however all the endings are pretty identical. I saved just before the end so tried them all out. It is a fantastic game but I think I'm worn out of FPS after playing some 50 odd hours of it. Although splinter cell does sound good smileys/smile.gif

Munstersinc
4th-August-2009, 10:34
Oh, and that last supreme hunter dude on the carrier is a pain in the hole. I hate boss fights that are timed. I remember reading up on that guy, and people were saying you had 3 minutes to beat him, after you get him down to 30%, i only got 1 minute 45, which made it incredibly difficult.

I had read up on him too and had also seen that you are given 3 mins but I got no where NEAR 3 mins to finish him off.......... getting him down to that stage wasn't too bad (or maybe I had beginners luck as I only got to try it once)....... but it looked more like I had just over 1 min and then the nuke went off ....... BOOOOOOOOOM smileys/sad.gif

As for my 3 net connection ..... it's supposed to be 3.6meg download speed....... but the fastest I have ever recorded was under 1 meg ..... closer to 526k if I remember correctly. I phoned them and asked about the whole 3meg download speed and he said that's what is advertised and while not everyone is assured of it that it is possible to get it..... it depends on your proximity to a mast and what direction the wind is blowing from ........ oh and whether it's a Tuesday too.................. well the last 2 I made up but they were talking s**te cause I'm in Ballincollig and am VERY close to a mast and still have crap speed......

It's not even like the speed should vary that much as (again not claiming to be an expert on this) but there's no contention ratio to have to deal with so wtf ????

Anyway - I'm waiting for ntl to hurry their ass up and move into the area so I can get the 10meg download with 1 meg upload speed...... and then I can get rid of sky and get in the digital + too !!!

Anyway - rant over !!!

Any other good games out there worth trying out ?

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 10:37

Fantastic game. There are two different endings I think, depending on your actions. There are 4 expansion packs available for xbox gamers, which add to the game even more, I am just waiting to get the game back off my mate so i can play those! The Splinter Cell games are great, if you're into stealth. Double Agent is one of my favourite games of all time. The new game has been completely redesigned though, the result is that the gameplay has changed significantly, i just hope it's as good as the previous games. It's on both consoles btw.

There are three endings depending on your actions however all the endings are pretty identical. I saved just before the end so tried them all out. It is a fantastic game but I think I'm worn out of FPS after playing some 50 odd hours of it. Although splinter cell does sound good smileys/smile.gif

I did the same as yourself, but played over 70 hours of the game and still wasn't tired of it. smileys/lol.gif

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 10:42

I'm on the ntl broadband myself and find it perfect, even the 3meg line works brilliantly with xbox live.
I'm playing the Orange Box at the moment which is very enjoyable.
Marvel Alliance 2 is coming out soon and looks promising.
If you have gears of war 2, don't download the expansion pack for it until you are using xbox live properly, as the extra chapter is fairly short, most of the pack is extra maps for online gaming.
Here's a quick list of games that you should play if you haven't already done so:

Gears Of War (1&2)
Halo 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Rainbow Six Las Vegas (1&2)
If you liked fallout 3, try oblivion, i clocked up over 100 hours on that game.

Kerry-Exile
4th-August-2009, 10:43

I'm on the ntl broadband myself and find it perfect, even the 3meg line works brilliantly with xbox live.
If you have gears of war 2, don't download the expansion pack for it until you are using xbox live properly, as the extra chapter is fairly short, most of the pack is extra maps for online gaming.
Here's a quick list of games that you should play if you haven't already done so:

Gears Of War (1&amp;2)
Halo 3
Rainbow Six Las Vegas (1&amp;2)

Dead Space and Bioshock are absolute must have games if you like first person shooters

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 10:45
Ah how could i forget Bioshock? Amazing game! Can't wait for Bioshock 2 in the winter. smileys/biggrin.gif

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 10:46
I also played "condemned" recently, which is an old enough game, but enjoyable. Freaked the bejaysus out of me as it's really tense, and most of the game is set walking around with a flashlight in really dark buildings.

Kerry-Exile
4th-August-2009, 10:49
F.E.A.R. is th enext game I'm going for if I can get it nice and cheap. I played the demo of F.E.A.R. 2 and thought that was really good but the first game is meant to be better

Woggas
4th-August-2009, 11:14

Gears Of War (1&amp;2)
Halo 3
Rainbow Six Las Vegas (1&amp;2)

Dead Space and Bioshock are absolute must have games if you like first person shooters
haven't played a game since fallout 3...absolutely incredible game, the sheer size of it is amazing...it is so addictive as well, i was taking days off work to play it...i'd start in the morning and would only stop to eat, and keep playing until i had to sleep..

Ruck
4th-August-2009, 11:21
smileys/lol.gif I have to admit, I was tempted to pull a sicky or two when I was playing Fallout too.

Munstersinc
4th-August-2009, 11:23
Didn't quite pull sickies playing Fallout but stayed up till almost getting up time the next morning before having to go to work ...... heading in and trying to function on about an hour of sleep wasn't fun !!!

But playing the game sure was smileys/biggrin.gif

Ruck
7th-August-2009, 22:16
Just played the demo of Batman: Arkam Asylum and i will most definitely be buying that when it's released. smileys/biggrin.gif

Ruck
19th-August-2009, 08:18
Has anyone got the new Madden game? is it worth getting, if you're not into the NFL, or would it be too difficult to understand?

digidep
19th-August-2009, 09:10
Fallout 3 - how the hell do I get into the White House, I've pretty much discovered every location - in fact I have done just the WH left. Help! Damn Super Mutants.

digidep
19th-August-2009, 09:20
Don't shoot the messenger folks!!!!

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/08/18/cdc_gaming_report/

Ruck
19th-August-2009, 09:23
I'm neither fat, depressed or 35. I'll come back to that in 7 years though and see how i am then. smileys/lol.gif
Think there's a side entrance into the white house, i can't remember for sure though.
My mate has my copy of it at the moment, can't wait to get it back to play all the expansions.

PS3 fans will be happy to hear that it's being reduced in price also. $299 dollars for the new slim version. Probably cost 350 in this wonderful country of ours though.

digidep
19th-August-2009, 09:28
Ditto on the depressed or 35 one smileys/lol.gifsmileys/wink.gifCan't argue on the BMI though smileys/sad.gif

Where do I actually go to get to the White House should have been the Question Ruck - have found everywhere else but which subway link to take?

Sound!!

Ruck
19th-August-2009, 09:31
there's a brilliant wiki page for fallout that if you google, will give you all kinds of info. i can't provide the link, because all game related sites are banned here in work.

digidep
19th-August-2009, 09:43
Cheers Ruck.

Kerry-Exile
19th-August-2009, 09:44
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_map

Fallout 3 is the bane of my life, i don't even want to know how long i've spent playing it now and it's still going and i haven't even started the DLC's. great value for money though.

As for Batman, thought the demo was class, put it on preorder

Woggas
19th-August-2009, 09:53
Ditto on the depressed or 35 one smileys/lol.gifsmileys/wink.gifCan't argue on the BMI though smileys/sad.gif

Where do I actually go to get to the White House should have been the Question Ruck - have found everywhere else but which subway link to take?

Sound!!
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/White_House

"It can be difficult
to find the location of the White House. The way to get there is to
exit the Penn. Ave Northwest station in Pennsylvania Avenue, go up the
stairs, and proceed straight until you reach the building to the north.
You will see a manhole cover on the sidewalk at the southwest corner of
the building."

or go to maps.google.com and type in...

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20500

from http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/qna/939933.html?qid= 13754

digidep
19th-August-2009, 10:02
KE &amp; Woggas - The job! Sound gang, thanks!

Woggas
19th-August-2009, 10:05
KE &amp; Woggas - The job! Sound gang, thanks!

no worries man...
and to answer the question, I'm fat, 36, and depressed...but thats just because I am at work and haven't found a game good enough to take days off work since fallout 3smileys/wink.gif

Bosco
19th-August-2009, 10:11
not sure bout the new Madden, madden 08, was better than 09 anyways, think the only new add on is the online franchise game, which doesn't sound great

Ruck
21st-August-2009, 18:02
.As for Batman, thought the demo was class, put it on preorder

IGN says:
Batman: Arkham Asylum is the greatest comic book videogame of all time. This is an adult Dark Knight story that is well-told, packs some truly fun gameplay elements, has topnotch voice talent, and feel like it's part of Batman cannon. If I have to nitpick, I wish the cutscenes looked better as they can distract from the tale and that the AI was a bit more responsive, but those are tiny flaws that shouldn't distract from the big picture.

Rocksteady nailed what Batman is supposed to feel like. Fans, rejoice.

smileys/shock.gif smileys/biggrin.gif smileys/biggrin.gif

Drahcir
21st-August-2009, 18:06
Anyone download the WET demo? Pretty good game.

Bosco
21st-August-2009, 19:57
thought the batman game demo was poor enough, looked
very easy

Kerry-Exile
28th-August-2009, 10:08
thought the batman game demo was poor enough, looked

very easy

Demo was short and easy but i enjoyed it, got the game yesterday and had a couple of hours playing last night with the missus out. The graphics and cut scenes are absolutely amazing. Best I've seen. The game itself is living up to the hype for me so far, really enjoying it, kinda like dead space meets Bioshock meets God of war

Ruck
28th-August-2009, 10:45
b*****d. I think i may cancel going out for pints tonight and buy the game instead. smileys/lol.gif

ListryMurphy
28th-August-2009, 11:31
Right lads,

Don't ask why, getting married, building house, kids etc but haven't bought a console since the original PS. Well, the DS but does that count. Herself was never a fan of games saying they'll take up all my time (no mention of Rugby or Golf, hm...)

Short story long, i'm thinking of buying. Which is best Xbox or PS3? The Wii will be used by herself so that's out. Looking at car games more than shoot em's!

Kerry-Exile
28th-August-2009, 11:46
Right lads,

Don't ask why, getting married, building house, kids etc but haven't bought a console since the original PS. Well, the DS but does that count. Herself was never a fan of games saying they'll take up all my time (no mention of Rugby or Golf, hm...)

Short story long, i'm thinking of buying. Which is best Xbox or PS3? The Wii will be used by herself so that's out. Looking at car games more than shoot em's!
Ha, my missus is no gaming fan either however we reached a compromise by me playing while she's watching the soaps, and she loves the soapssmileys/wink.gif

Either or really, I have an xbox and am happy out with it, the PS3 has a new slim version out which is a little more expensive than the xbox but you get a blu-ray player in it, if that appeals to you that may be the way to go. Apparently XBox live is better if your playing online games like fifa but I don't much so can't say that would sway me either way. I think the xbox might have a slightly bigger games catelog

Ruck
28th-August-2009, 11:48
My mate's ps3 exploded recently.

Kerry-Exile
28th-August-2009, 12:09
My mate's ps3 exploded recently.

Think of your health Listry, go for an xboxsmileys/wink.gif

Ruck
28th-August-2009, 12:44
Plus, unless you have the hands of a 10 year old girl, the ps controller is s**te.

Ruck
29th-August-2009, 22:25
Arkham Asylum is class. The voice acting is top notch, the characters are excellently written, and the gameplay is excellent. Graphics are superb, but it's almost impossible to have poor graphics these days.

sparks
29th-August-2009, 22:44
PS3 is far superior - trust me on the sunscreensmileys/lol.gif

Ruck
1st-September-2009, 18:30
Arkham Asylum is class. The voice acting is top notch, the characters are excellently written, and the gameplay is excellent. Graphics are superb, but it's almost impossible to have poor graphics these days.

Finished the game, a little easy in places but hugely enjoyable. Best game i've played this year.

munster_mafia
1st-September-2009, 18:35
Didnt read back through it, but anyway else playing Tiger Woods 10?

masterchief
1st-September-2009, 19:47
PS3 is far superior - trust me on the sunscreen*smileys/lol.gif

ps3 has better hardware but the xbox is apparently easier to code for. So games generally look better on the xbox. (do your research if you don't believe me)

Xbox has a bigger games library and better online options. But ps3's online stuff is free.

If you don't know which to go for I'd say try both controllers and see which you prefer. I prefer the xbox controller as its chunkier. Also see which one your mates have, that way you can swap games.

oh and btw there is a 250gb xbox on the way soon, i have it from a good source, you heard it here first.

Munsterhouse
1st-September-2009, 19:54
Curently reinstalling Medieval total war IIafter being sorely disappointed by ETW and all the bug and subsequent patches which seem to only make things worse and Steam and the crappy AI etc. serves me right for buying a half finished game.smileys/sad.gif

Ruck
24th-September-2009, 09:15
Picked up Halo 3 ODST yesterday. Haven't played campaign mode yet, but had a look at the online gaming. All the downloadable maps from Halo 3 included, i think. Nice either way. There also seems to be some form of Halo equivalent to GOW's "Horde", on the ODST disc.
Looking forward to campaign mode, it's supposed to be the best of the Halo series. Gonna play it online co-op with a mate soon enough.

bedstuybosco
24th-September-2009, 10:28
Anybody hear anything about the new FOOTBALL MANAGER 2010? smileys/smile.gif

sparks
24th-September-2009, 13:38
If its anything like the last two - its gonna be crap!

Although i know a tester working with FM and they say its much improved

Ruck
24th-September-2009, 13:47
I hate all games testers. I want their jobs.

Sarsfield
24th-September-2009, 13:50
Curently reinstalling Medieval total war IIafter being sorely disappointed by ETW and all the bug and subsequent patches which seem to only make things worse and Steam and the crappy AI etc. serves me right for buying a half finished game.smileys/sad.gif
Creative Assembly have a lousy track record with respect to basically releasing Alpha code and then employing their customers as increasingly-frustrated, unpaid testers. I stopped buying their stuff after MTWII. The battles were excruciating. Rome was exactly as bad but that at least wass eventually fixed MTW never was. This really hacks me off about games review mags/sites. They nearly never point out that certain developers/publishers have a rotten corporate culture when it comes to after sales.

sparks
24th-September-2009, 14:13

Was in game stop earlier and the two lads behind the counter were playing some xbox360 game!!!

LeakyBoots
24th-September-2009, 14:42
Are there any decent Wii games out? I bought one in February for Mariokart, haven't played it in ages because was too busy but bought me a big flat-screen tv and moved into a new house so gonna make use of it. It'd be nice to have an alternative to Mariokart.

Bear in mind I don't like Zelda or Metroid. Is Tiger Woods Golf good? Some stupid add-on thing is needed for it though I hear

sparks
24th-September-2009, 14:44
Wii resort is pretty good

masterchief
24th-September-2009, 15:07
Are there any decent Wii games out? I bought one in February for Mariokart, haven't played it in ages because was too busy but bought me a big flat-screen tv and moved into a new house so gonna make use of it. It'd be nice to have an alternative to Mariokart.

Bear in mind I don't like Zelda or Metroid. Is Tiger Woods Golf good? Some stupid add-on thing is needed for it though I hear

you need the wii-motion-plus to get the beat out of Tiger Woods 10 (or whatever the new one is) but it does come bundled with the motion-plus thingy. I think the package is about 50

masterchief
24th-September-2009, 15:08
Picked up Halo 3 ODST yesterday. Haven't played campaign mode yet, but had a look at the online gaming. All the downloadable maps from Halo 3 included, i think. Nice either way. There also seems to be some form of Halo equivalent to GOW's "Horde", on the ODST disc.
Looking forward to campaign mode, it's supposed to be the best of the Halo series. Gonna play it online co-op with a mate soon enough.

Any good Ruck?

I read that the campaign is a bit short, opinions? Oh and how much did you get it for?

Sarsfield
25th-September-2009, 06:08
It's actually one of the most mind-numbingly boring jobs going; long hours, s**t pay and your day spent in the dark trying to replicate bugs.

Ruck
25th-September-2009, 06:13

Any good Ruck?

I read that the campaign is a bit short, opinions? Oh and how much did you get it for?

Still haven't played campaign mode. Waiting to play it on co-op, and my mate was working last night. So stuck to getting my arse kicked in Lone Wolves and Social Slayer.
Campaign seems fairly short alright, clocks in around 6 hours apparently, but it's supposed to be top notch. Will let you know after the weekend how good it is.
It's 45 euro in Xtra Vision, i traded in Batman Arkham Asylum against it and got 30 for that, so only paid 15 for it.

sparks
25th-September-2009, 18:58
Bought Need for speed shift yesterday - Its a brilliant racing game!

fogerty
26th-September-2009, 10:20
Will anybody be getting Operation Flashpoint 2 when it comes out in a few weeks? I was going to get COD MW2 but after seeing the trailer and videos on Youtube, OF2 looks 10 times better and a lot more realistic.

bedstuybosco
2nd-October-2009, 07:04
Anybody getting FIFA 2010 today?

Is it any good?

Im torn between getting itor waiting for PRO EVO smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

Sarsfield
2nd-October-2009, 07:07
Will anybody be getting Operation Flashpoint 2 when it comes out in a few weeks? I was going to get COD MW2 but after seeing the trailer and videos on Youtube, OF2 looks 10 times better and a lot more realistic.
Tough as bloody nails though. I'd be sure that my PC was well </span>above the mininum specs too. It's a fairly resource-intesnsive process to simulate a couple of square Kms and all in it!

Random_punter
2nd-October-2009, 07:47
Tough as bloody nails though. I'd be sure that my PC was well </span>above the mininum specs too. It's a fairly resource-intesnsive process to simulate a couple of square Kms and all in it!

I've been playing ArmA 2 since it came out, the ArmA series is the real successor to the legendary operation flashpoint game, Bohemia interactive developed the first, codemasters were only the publishers. Then the partnership broke down and when the dust settled codemasters had retained the right to the name and now are producing OPF2

If your looking for realism then ArmA 2 is the one you want. Its not really a game, in the same way that microsoft flight sim is not really a game. Its a military simulation with a sandbox editor. Try the demo and look at the youtube videos.

Operation flashpoint 2 will be a middle ground between the COD series and the ArmA series, in terms of scale (COD-&gt;small linear maps, ArmA 2-&gt; Maps over 400sq km</span>) and realism (COD 4 run and gun armed to the teeth and still hit a fly's arsehole at 300 yards vs' ArmA 2 slower tactical "play", realistic weapon ballistics and accuracy, every vehicle/aircraft/gun painted green since WW1 etc. etc.</span>)

For me, or anyone who games and has an interest in military matters, ArmA 2 is as close as you can get without putting on BDU's and running about with guns.

If thats a bit too serious then OPF2 may be a good middle ground, which might be nice because I can't stand COD4 multiplayer.

Sarsfield
2nd-October-2009, 09:31
I've not played ArmA2 but reports are good. ArmA was a bit *meh* though. OF2 has been hyped to hell too. I wonder what awful bugs will be contained therin though. Release day patches.... I bloody love themsmileys/sad.gif

Super*Ger
2nd-October-2009, 10:36

Is it any good?

Im torn between getting it*or waiting for PRO EVO
smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif
Yep got it this morning... F*cking Fantastic is all i can say!! pro evo will
always be s**t

bedstuybosco
2nd-October-2009, 12:59

Is it any good?

Im torn between getting itor waiting for PRO EVO
smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

Yep got it this morning... F*cking Fantastic is all i can say!! pro evo will
always be s**t

Anything new in it? I havent bought fifa since 06, ive read some bad reviews about this one ... smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

mickyd
2nd-October-2009, 13:05
FIFA 10??

Got FIFA 09 last year and I thought it was crap despite the rave reviews!

Can someone convince me that FIFA 10 is better?

Random_punter
5th-October-2009, 08:15
I've not played ArmA2 but reports are good. ArmA was a bit *meh* though. OF2 has been hyped to hell too. I wonder what awful bugs will be contained therin though. Release day patches.... I bloody love themsmileys/sad.gif

There's a good reason for release day patches, especially for games downloaded from steam.

Step 1.Release a buggy version that gets pirated and distributed for free within a few hours, or in some cases before the release date.

Step 2.Release a bug fix via a system that only allows genuine owners of a license to download and install the patch (steam etc.) / Release a bug fix patch that also includes a trick to screw up hacked versions (like fade) if they are dumb enough to install it.

digidep
5th-October-2009, 08:18

Spending your way out of the recession Ruck smileys/biggrin.gif

Ruck
5th-October-2009, 08:30
Picked up Halo 3 ODST yesterday. Haven't played campaign mode yet, but had a look at the online gaming. All the downloadable maps from Halo 3 included, i think. Nice either way. There also seems to be some form of Halo equivalent to GOW's "Horde", on the ODST disc. Looking forward to campaign mode, it's supposed to be the best of the Halo series. Gonna play it online co-op with a mate soon enough.

I'm doing my best to anyway. smileys/biggrin.gif
Still haven't played ODST. Must get the finger out though as there's plenty of games coming soon. Most notably, Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin's Creed 2, both next month.

digidep
5th-October-2009, 14:24
Just picked up both expansion packs for Fallout3 which I finished (thanks for the help in the past to those who helped me with finds etc in Fallout3. What a game!!).

Still to finish Assassin's Creed Part Uno but looking forward to Part Deux. Looks class.

Sarsfield
6th-October-2009, 05:36

There's a good reason for release day patches, especially for games downloaded from steam.

Step 1.Release a buggy version that gets pirated and distributed for free within a few hours, or in some cases before the release date.

Step 2.Release a bug fix via a system that only allows genuine owners of a license to download and install the patch (steam etc.) / Release a bug fix patch that also includes a trick to screw up hacked versions (like fade) if they are dumb enough to install it.

I've not come across that reasoning before (thought it's very interessting). Usually it's because there's about 2-3 weeks between a version going gold and it hitting the retail channels. This is free time for the developers to fix some of the hideous bugs still in the code because it was rushed to market so that more Little Johnnies will have it under the Christmas tree.

masterchief
6th-October-2009, 05:39
Picked up Halo 3 ODST yesterday. Haven't played campaign mode yet, but had a look at the online gaming. All the downloadable maps from Halo 3 included, i think. Nice either way. There also seems to be some form of Halo equivalent to GOW's "Horde", on the ODST disc. Looking forward to campaign mode, it's supposed to be the best of the Halo series. Gonna play it online co-op with a mate soon enough.

Still haven't played ODST. Must get the finger out though as there's plenty of games coming soon. Most notably, Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin's Creed 2, both next month.

Have ordered MW2 online, should be here on the 10th of next month. Comes with night vision goggles too!

Ruck
6th-October-2009, 06:39

Have ordered MW2 online, should be here on the 10th of next month. Comes with night vision goggles too!

Is that the limited edition thingy? How much are you paying for that? smileys/shock.gif

Digidep, i've played The Pitt and Operation Anchorage so far, from the DLCs for fallout, both very enjoyable. Superb game, can't wait to play the others either.

digidep
6th-October-2009, 07:22
Kicking serious ass in Broken Steel. Just when the wife thought she had me back after finishing Fallout 3 smileys/lol.gif

Ruck
6th-October-2009, 07:42
Have you encountered a Super Mutant Overlord yet? I believe they're tough b*****ds to beat.

Bosco
6th-October-2009, 09:28
dont think i would spen $150 dollars on it though

Modern Warefare 2 Prestige (http://www.amaz&#111;n.com/Call-Duty-Warfare-Prestige-Playstati&#111;n-3/dp/B002HEWAD2) edition

sparks
6th-October-2009, 20:12
If you own a PS3 owning this game is necessary

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-uncharted-2/5725 (<a href=) 8"> http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-uncharted-2/5725 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-uncharted-2/57258) 8</a>

No Bother
6th-October-2009, 20:14
If you own a PS3 owning this game is necessary

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-uncharted-2/5725 8 (<a href=)"&gt; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-uncharted-2/5725 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-uncharted-2/57258) 8</A> Hopefully Santy will sort me out this year

sparks
6th-October-2009, 20:47
You will go mad waiting for Santy to bring it for you

No Bother
6th-October-2009, 20:51
You will go mad waiting for Santy to bring it for you What choice do I have? I have to wait for the magical man in the red suit to deliver, can't afford one at the mo, saw some lovely boots during the week smileys/wink.gif

Random_punter
7th-October-2009, 04:35

I've not come across that reasoning before (thought it's very interessting). Usually it's because there's about 2-3 weeks between a version going gold and it hitting the retail channels. This is free time for the developers to fix some of the hideous bugs still in the code because it was rushed to market so that more Little Johnnies will have it under the Christmas tree.

Yep, there's that too, and that was certainly the case with arma 2, they were forced to release it by the publishers before they were ready, and have said as much on their forums. The first few months were pretty much a beta test for the people who got the game on release day. But apart from a few groaners everyone was just delighted to get their hands on the game, its a very tolerant relationship between the dev's and the community. They're attempting something that no other game developer will even touch. Operation flashpoint was the most successful PC game of that year, nearly 10 years ago, and still, 10 years later no other company besides B.I. have attempted to do a mil-sim like that.

masterchief
7th-October-2009, 04:48

Is that the limited edition thingy? How much are you paying for that? smileys/shock.gif

Digidep, i've played The Pitt and Operation Anchorage so far, from the DLCs for fallout, both very enjoyable. Superb game, can't wait to play the others either.

"I'm" paying nothing for it, i convinced herself to get it for my birthday, i think it was 110 from hmv.com

Sarsfield
7th-October-2009, 06:14

Yep, there's that too, and that was certainly the case with arma 2, they were forced to release it by the publishers before they were ready, and have said as much on their forums. The first few months were pretty much a beta test for the people who got the game on release day. But apart from a few groaners everyone was just delighted to get their hands on the game, its a very tolerant relationship between the dev's and the community. They're attempting something that no other game developer will even touch. Operation flashpoint was the most successful PC game of that year, nearly 10 years ago, and still, 10 years later no other company besides B.I. have attempted to do a mil-sim like that.

It realy does make a difference if there is open and honest engagement with the community and peopole will forgive a lot when every effort is being made to "polish" a product. There's a strategy game I play, Armageddon Empires </span></span>and the developer is regularly on the game's forum talking about up updates, bug fixes and generally feeling the pulse of the game's community.

Dean93
7th-October-2009, 06:34
FIFA 10??

Got FIFA 09 last year and I thought it was crap despite the rave reviews!

Can someone convince me that FIFA 10 is better?

I bought fifa 10 the other day and i think its brilliant even though I dont like football

Random_punter
7th-October-2009, 06:43
Well its in their best interests, it helps that you have a pretty mature community that will actually help you troubleshoot and actually go off and come-up with a raft of addons, mods, extra units etc. Its very openly coded too, which is why this can all be done.

The few moaners i mentioned above were the COD4 kids who saw pretty
screen shots and nice toys and then started moaning when they found out
it wasn't a run and gun shootem up. They thought every feature to enhance realism was actually a bug ( OMGZ!? Y can't I hit a guy standin when my Xhairs r right on him da xhairs are jumping up + down?!!! Answer: Because your trying to shoot a guy at 500 yards, with an M4, zeroed to 300 yards, uphill, in a crosswind, after sprinting 200 yards.)

There was plenty of bugs though, mostly sorted now. Its weird when you post a bug and the CEO of the the developers replies with a promise to work on it. What specs have you got again? You might try the demo if your rig is up to it.

Sarsfield
7th-October-2009, 07:31
Well its in their best interests, it helps that you have a pretty mature community that will actually help you troubleshoot and actually go off and come-up with a raft of addons, mods, extra units etc. Its very openly coded too, which is why this can all be done.

it wasn't a run and gun shootem up. They thought every feature to enhance realism was actually a bug ( OMGZ!? Y can't I hit a guy standin when my Xhairs r right on him da xhairs are jumping up + down?!!! Answer: Because your trying to shoot a guy at 500 yards, with an M4, zeroed to 300 yards, uphill, in a crosswind, after sprinting 200 yards.)

There was plenty of bugs though, mostly sorted now. Its weird when you post a bug and the CEO of the the developers replies with a promise to work on it. What specs have you got again? You might try the demo if your rig is up to it.

It should be up to it so I'll give it a whirl

E8400 C2D
4GB PC26400
Radeon HD4850 512MB

If can pull myself away from Civ IV and TF2. I've just bought S.T.A.K.L.E.R. Clearsky for 7 off The Hut as well. Recession gaming means no full-price titles for me for a while! Demos, being free are quite acceptable though!

*EDIT*
2.6GB for a demo?!?! smileys/shock.gif</span>

*EDIT THE SECOND*

Thank fook for my work connection. It's coming down at 1.5MBps at the moment

Baloo
7th-October-2009, 07:53
Roll on November, Assassins Creed II. I hope it ends better than the first one.

Ruck
7th-October-2009, 08:03

It probably won't, as it was set out from the start as a trilogy. I just hope that they have in fact addressed the repetitiveness of the first game. The trailer for it, featuring the track "cross" by "justice" is very cool.

Baloo
7th-October-2009, 08:07

It probably won't, as it was set out from the start as a trilogy. I just hope that they have in fact addressed the repetitiveness of the first game. The trailer for it, featuring the track "cross" by "justice" is very cool.

Is'nt there going to be 2 different games out this time? A black and a white game, I havent heard what the difference will be yet tho.

Ruck
7th-October-2009, 08:09
I hadn't heard that at all

Ruck
7th-October-2009, 08:11
wikipedia says:

Limited editions
Several different limited editions of Assassin's Creed II will be released. The "Black" limited edition release is packaged with an Ezio figurine who is garbed in an upgraded black Assassin cloak which Ezio earns in the advanced stages of the game. Included are 3 bonus missions and a "conspiracy book" giving details of the plot. An additional DVD containing the game's soundtrack, behind the scenes information and more will also be included. The "White" limited edition release is packaged with one bonus mission, and an Ezio figurine in his standard white Assassin cloak.[29] "Master Assassin's Edition" is the North American limited edition, which will include the white-cloaked Ezio figurine, two in-game maps, an art book and an additional DVD containing the game's soundtrack, behind the scenes information and more

Baloo
7th-October-2009, 08:14
Black edition it is for me then. Just had a look at the trailer again on youtube, can't wait for it.

Ruck
7th-October-2009, 08:16
Black edition may be limited, i'm not a fan of pre ordering, but if you want to get your mitts on that, i'd say you may have to pre order it.

Edit: 91 on Play.com smileys/shock.gif

inoverthetop
7th-October-2009, 08:20
Pro Evo is dead smileys/sad.gif Played the demo very poor) Bought Fifa 10 and think its great. I have been playing Pro ev since it was international superstar soccer on the snes and was always an advocate but unfortunately the day has finally come where FIFA has surpassed it..... its a sad day

bedstuybosco
7th-October-2009, 12:00
Pro Evo is dead smileys/sad.gif Played the demo very poor) Bought Fifa 10 and think its great. I have been playing Pro ev since it was international superstar soccer on the snes and was always an advocate but unfortunately the day has finally come where FIFA has surpassed it..... its a sad day

Hmmm a few people have said that but im afraid to buy fifa and find out its crap!!!

whats the manager mode in fifa like?

digidep
7th-October-2009, 12:10
Have you encountered a Super Mutant Overlord yet? I believe they're tough b*****ds to beat.

Not as of yet but being dropped into a zone (won't name it) where there's a Deathclaw AGM going on is proving tough enough so far despite being su'ped up to the nines with Stimpaks and more armour than a Tank regiment! smileys/shock.gif

Random_punter
7th-October-2009, 12:20

E8400 C2D
4GB PC26400
Radeon HD4850 512MB

If can pull myself away from Civ IV and TF2. I've just bought S.T.A.K.L.E.R. Clearsky for 7 off The Hut as well. Recession gaming means no full-price titles for me for a while! Demos, being free are quite acceptable though!

*EDIT*

*EDIT THE SECOND*

I think you may be underestimating the scale of the game! Its played on a country. I mean a fully rendered 400sqkm of cities, forests and mountains. Not to mention the full armory of 4 different armies.

I haven't played the demo but it should give an idea of the game, the game has been patched 4 times since the release of the demo and I don't know if the demo has been kept up to date. I think it comes with the editor, which is epic, its basically a sandbox so you will get plenty of use of it if you want. Its pretty tough to get to grips with, the controls are different to any other first person game, lots of keys (for example a key to salute) just give it time and patience. It took me a while to get into it.

As for recession gaming, if its not a game I'll be playing with my clan, or not a game I'll be playing online then its TPB for me.

PS. if you want a tip for that processor, get an thermaright ultra heat sink, 775 socket, 50 quid and overclock to 4.5 just on air without a sweat. I'm running mine at 4.2 and all i had to do was bump the v-core up a tenth of a volt and increase the timings on the ram.

Ruck
7th-October-2009, 12:23

Not as of yet but being dropped into a zone (won't name it) where there's a Deathclaw AGM going on is proving tough enough so far despite being su'ped up to the nines with Stimpaks and more armour than a Tank regiment! smileys/shock.gif

Death Claws are easy. Bring a dart gun with you and take out their legs.

digidep
7th-October-2009, 17:35

Death Claws are easy. Bring a dart gun with you and take out thir legs.

Yup they are not too bad, but when 5 hit you at once ya need more than darts smileys/wink.gifPulse grenades, frag mines and watch them pop smileys/lol.gif

Sarsfield
8th-October-2009, 05:47

E8400 C2D
4GB PC26400
Radeon HD4850 512MB

*EDIT*

*EDIT THE SECOND*

I think you may be underestimating the scale of the game! Its played on a country. I mean a fully rendered 400sqkm of cities, forests and mountains. Not to mention the full armory of 4 different armies.

I haven't played the demo but it should give an idea of the game, the game has been patched 4 times since the release of the demo and I don't know if the demo has been kept up to date. I think it comes with the editor, which is epic, its basically a sandbox so you will get plenty of use of it if you want. Its pretty tough to get to grips with, the controls are different to any other first person game, lots of keys (for example a key to salute) just give it time and patience. It took me a while to get into it.

As for recession gaming, if its not a game I'll be playing with my clan, or not a game I'll be playing online then its TPB for me.

PS. if you want a tip for that processor, get an thermaright ultra heat sink, 775 socket, 50 quid and overclock to 4.5 just on air without a sweat. I'm running mine at 4.2 and all i had to do was bump the v-core up a tenth of a volt and increase the timings on the ram.

C'mere, I play Civ IV. That's also a game that.. ahem... rewards perseverance!

Just had a LAN session of L4D with a few buddies last night. Absolute quality laugh. It was a real pain the ass to get running in offline mode though; everything has to be done through the console for you to connect to the hosted game. Our team work was (bar one or two moments of Waterloo formation in strategic corners) bloody abysmal...

Will give ArmA2 a roll over the weekend. I'm out this evening.

Overclocking is something I#'d try if I was a bit more confident in my PSU. I don't feel the CPU is currently a bottleneck either but come the new year it might be a very cost-effective way to get a few more months out of the E8400. That was a great investment, very good proc.

Baloo
8th-October-2009, 06:44
Black edition may be limited, i'm not a fan of pre ordering, but if you want to get your mitts on that, i'd say you may have to pre order it.

Edit: 91 on Play.com smileys/shock.gif

Nice one. My mate is a manager in gamestop so I dont usually have a problem getting the games and besides the Black edition is for young Baloo for christmas, Mrs Baloo looks after that smileys/biggrin.gif

Random_punter
8th-October-2009, 06:59

E8400 C2D
4GB PC26400
Radeon HD4850 512MB

*EDIT*

*EDIT THE SECOND*

C'mere, I play Civ IV. That's also a game that.. ahem... rewards perseverance!

Just had a LAN session of L4D with a few buddies last night. Absolute quality laugh. It was a real pain the ass to get running in offline mode though; everything has to be done through the console for you to connect to the hosted game. Our team work was (bar one or two moments of Waterloo formation in strategic corners) bloody abysmal...

Will give ArmA2 a roll over the weekend. I'm out this evening.

Overclocking is something I#'d try if I was a bit more confident in my PSU. I don't feel the CPU is currently a bottleneck either but come the new year it might be a very cost-effective way to get a few more months out of the E8400. That was a great investment, very good proc.

I still maintain that civ 2 was the best game ever made. I have no idea, nor do i want to know, how many hours I have put in to playing that game. I have civ IV too but once i got stuck into rome/medieval2/empire total war then it got left on the back burner. If you haven't played empire total war yet you should try and get it. The battles are epic, I use a mod to make them even larger than default, thousands of units. Haven't

Ruck
8th-October-2009, 07:18
Black edition may be limited, i'm not a fan of pre ordering, but if you want to get your mitts on that, i'd say you may have to pre order it. Edit: 91 on Play.com border=0 smileys/shock.gif

Nice one. My mate is a manager in gamestop so I dont usually have a problem getting the games and besides the Black edition is for young Baloo for christmas, Mrs Baloo looks after that smileys/biggrin.gif

Young Baloo smileys/lol.gif Very clever. He'll be lucky to see the game. If you're nice, you might give him the figurine thingy.

Baloo
8th-October-2009, 08:07
I already bought 'him' the collectors edition of Halo 3 with the helmet on a stand smileys/biggrin.gif

Ruck
8th-October-2009, 08:23
smileys/lol.gif I have the collectors edition of Fallout 3. Have my very own fallout bobblehead. Must put it back in the car. smileys/biggrin.gif

sparks
8th-October-2009, 09:15
Uncharted 2: Among thieves will be better than assasins creed just as the first uncharted was for the first assassins creed.

Ruck
8th-October-2009, 09:38
Uncharted 2: Among thieves will be better than assasins creed just as the first uncharted was for the first assassins creed.

What are you basing that on? You really can't know until you play them. Video trailers are great at hyping games, but it's impossible to know what's going to be better until you play them. Trailers are beginning to annoy me actually, as you see very little gameplay in them these days.

With Metal Gear finished, is uncharted now the flagship game for Playstation?

Mucky Boots
8th-October-2009, 09:47

What are you basing that on? You really can't know until you play them. Video trailers are great at hyping games, but it's impossible to know what's going to be better until you play them. Trailers are beginning to annoy me actually, as you see very little gameplay in them these days.

With Metal Gear finished, is uncharted now the flagship game for Playstation?

There's an MGS5 coming out, or MGS: Rising to give it its proper title.

digidep
8th-October-2009, 10:00
Anyone watch the Halo Wars movie yet? It's OK but shows how far Animation and computers have come when you think back to the 1979 (I think)Lord of the Rings attempt.

Baloo
8th-October-2009, 10:06

You heretic...........

Hugged Rugger
8th-October-2009, 10:24

E8400 C2D
4GB PC26400
Radeon HD4850 512MB

*EDIT*

*EDIT THE SECOND*

which game is that your on about? assasins creed 2?

Sarsfield
8th-October-2009, 10:49
I still maintain that civ 2 was the best game ever made. I have no idea, nor do i want to know, how many hours I have put in to playing that game. I have civ IV too but once i got stuck into rome/medieval2/empire total war then it got left on the back burner. If you haven't played empire total war yet you should try and get it. The battles are epic, I use a mod to make them even larger than default, thousands of units. Haven't played L4D yet but I heard its a hoot alright. Might see f i can find a demo or something

If you have any problems getting ArmA2 running smooth (and i'd be shocked if it ran smooth straight off the bat) give me a PM, i know all the tweaks and tricks by now!

What kind of PSU have you got? Of all the components in your PC that is the one part you should have unshakable confidence in, its the one part that can fry every other component!

It is an outstanding processor, we've had guys in the clan go out and buy new I7s and i still beat them on processor performance tests, mind you if they get around to overclocking them they'd win.

I had Civ II back in the day. Like yourself, I ploughed a fair bit of time into it... great, great game. Oh for the days when you could play as the Irish! Founding Cork was great fun.

I was a huge, huge</span> fan of the TW series up until MTWII. I found it irrepably buggy, illogical and frustrating whereas Rome was (and still is) one of my favourite games ever. I've big interest in classical history and it was great fun to plays as the Selucid Greeks after reading about the successor kingdoms. I'm done with them for now but will pick up Empire when it's cheap (as an aside; it's on 50% sale on Steam currently). By "cheap" I mena the whole lot for about 20-25. I waited for DoWII until it was 9 on PLay - bargain! The advantage of waiting is that you don't have to deal with the post-release bugs so much.

The demo for L4D is bit sucky really and won't give you a good idea of the game. I'm not even sure if you can get it anymore, I think Valve pulled it shortly after release day. The full game'll be on Steam for about 15 some time soon (L4D2 is coming and I'd expect some heavy discounting on the original around its launch) and is well worth it. Especially if you can convince some of your clan to get it too.

I'll update on my ArmA2 experiences this weekend some time.

I had a really good 580W PSU but it blew last year (tripped the power for the whole house!!!) ; the day before Christmas Eve. I know it was good because when it blew it didn't take my PC down with it. I had no intention of no gaming over Christmas so got a 560w Jeantech one in PC World on Christmas Eve, It cost an arm and a leg and I've heard the 12v rail is not the best on them. My current set-up is well within 560w even if it's only delivering something slightly north of 400. It needs replacing though before I do anything fancy with the rest of the PC.

I read an article on Tomsharardware last year that basically said that the CPU overheads provided by modern C2Ds were so great that it would take a year-18 months for even the bleeding edge of GPUs to be in any way restricted by them. i7 is great if you're utilising Proc-heavy apps that have advanced with the technology. Games on the other hand barely use dual core these days, let alone 64-bit processing or the higher clock speeds.

Sarsfield
8th-October-2009, 10:52
which game is that your on about? assasins creed 2?

ArmA2. It's one of two particularly hardcore military simulators released recently (the other being Operation Flashpoint 2).

Wiki entry here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_2)

Cleonardi106
8th-October-2009, 10:59
Anybody play joint operations? It's an old game and graphics are rubbish but the gameplay is great, the co-op missions are very good.

Also, combat arms is a free FPS, very good in my opinion, especially coz its free lol.

Sarsfield
8th-October-2009, 11:05
Anybody play joint operations? It's an old game and graphics are rubbish but the gameplay is great, the co-op missions are very good.

Also, combat arms is a free FPS, very good in my opinion, especially coz its free lol.
Free stuff is the job altogether. the problem with it of course is that much of the best free stuff requires you to own stuff that isn't free. Mods are a good example of this. some developers though have taken a fairly enlightened approach to free stuff. SFAIK you can get a good few of the earlier GTA gamesfor nothing. Live DOS games is another freeware beauty

Cleonardi106
8th-October-2009, 11:10
You should really check out combat arms, it raises the bar with free games, its huge. You need to build up ur money though when playing to buy new weapons and they only last a few days or so, it doesnt cost you anything but if you want more game money for weapons to last longer etc. u can pay for game money...

but if you are like me you will just let it build up by using the free gun all the time, then when u have enough, get a class weapon for a month lol

Ruck
28th-October-2009, 07:40
I bought "Borderlands" to tide me over until Modern Warfare 2 comes out. It appears to be fairly large. Haven't the first map completed yet, and i've done about 10 hours.
Good fun game, it's kinda like fallout 3, but with a little humour thrown in. Graphics are a bit mad, they're cartoonish, but nice. A large enough array of weapons and the bad guys level up with your character to keep it fairly tough. Good entertainment anyway.

Bitter As A Lemon
28th-October-2009, 08:19
When is Modern Warfare 2 out?

Didn't play the first one, but jaysus it looks good.

Ruck
28th-October-2009, 08:28
10th November

ComdtTomBarry
28th-October-2009, 18:57
Really looking forward to Modern Warfare 2, so much so that I'm sacrificing FIFA 10 this year in order to fund it. Having got the last 3 FIFAs, I think its time for a break

Ruck
4th-November-2009, 16:26
Fallout 3 won game of the year smileys/thumb-up.gif

Digidep, since you're loving that so much, I recommend you keep away from Borderlands, or your wife may actually forget what you look like. smileys/lol.gif

anthonyl
5th-November-2009, 12:16
Dragon Age Origins tomorrow woohooo!!!

digidep
5th-November-2009, 12:21
Fallout 3 won game of the year smileys/thumb-up.gif

Digidep, since you're loving that so much, I recommend you keep away from Borderlands, or your wife may actually forget what you look like. smileys/lol.gif

Jaysus I'm having serious withdrawl symptoms as it stands without my Xbox, so I think I'll have to treat myself when its returned from the beast MS smileys/biggrin.gifTo be fair to herself she's decided if she can't beat (it out of) me she'll join me albeit a Wii (the fit and mario muckage seems to have caught the fancy froma 'family gaming' perspective)but that's progress given her hatred of things like the Xbox and so forth....now to research just what I can get on the Wii for outside of 'family times'smileys/lol.gifHow progressive, we now get to play computer games together, no more playground for the smallie smileys/lol.gif

Ruck
5th-November-2009, 12:27
I think it might be possible to clock up just as much time playing borderlands as it is with Fallout. I'm concerned that I won't even be finished it by the time modern warfare 2 is out next week. As a single bloke, i get a ridiculous amount of gaming done, i've been at boderlands for well over a week now, and i'm not even sure if i have it half complete. smileys/shock.gif I want to have it finished so I can trade it in against Modern Warfare, but I may be pushing it close. Good game, though it's not as good as fallout.

Ruck
9th-November-2009, 11:48
Tomorrow is a good day

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RrWRfBW9dOc/Sk-Xtos9a0I/AAAAAAAAAlA/4c9yHB4NQlg/s400/call+of+duty+6+modern+warfare+2.png

Bosco
9th-November-2009, 12:09
i bet you are camping outside game tonight, cos it opens at
midnight smileys/lol.gif

Ruck
9th-November-2009, 12:14
Nah, I have a discount in a store other than Game smileys/cool.gif

Balla Boy
9th-November-2009, 12:19
Is there really a scene in it where you shoot lots of passengers at an airport?

The Daily Mail will be next to you picketing.

Bosco
9th-November-2009, 12:28
Nah, I have a discount in a store other than
Game smileys/cool.gif

how much of a discount smileys/biggrin.gif

Ruck
9th-November-2009, 12:35
10%

Ruck
9th-November-2009, 12:37

Is there really a scene in it where you shoot lots of passengers at an airport?

The Daily Mail will be next to you picketing.

I've no idea. I haven't read too much about it, as I want to keep as much of it as possible as a surprise for myself. Only seen one or two of their action trailers. There's one scene that appears to be in space smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

Bosco
9th-November-2009, 12:38
Harvey Normans were advertising it yesterday for 38 if you
preordered it with them, i am too lazy to go do that smileys/lol.gif

Bosco
9th-November-2009, 12:51
Ruck, your inbox is full. just letting you know,

i couldn't be arsed to resend the PM

scourge
9th-November-2009, 13:04
Some of the 24 hr Tesco's areselling ittonight at midnight for 45 and giving away freebies for the first 200 bought. Worth checking at your local store to verify

Ruck
9th-November-2009, 13:07
Cheers bosco.

Bosco
9th-November-2009, 22:04
Hands up which losers went and got the game at midnight?

smileys/lol.gif

dannybzr
9th-November-2009, 22:16
It depends what time zone you mean! Cause technically then I did.. lol Perth +8

fredom1
9th-November-2009, 22:22
xtra vision are opened at the moment

Ruck
10th-November-2009, 06:49
Oh, I am feeling unwell. I may have to leave work early.

Dave Cahill
10th-November-2009, 06:54
Oh, I am feeling unwell. I may have to leave
work early.

I thought'd you'd have been first in line outside your local
Game store. Even our local Xtravision opened at midnight for
this one.

Time to go into heavy hint-dropping mode!