PDA

View Full Version : D’Arcy injured

Jackdaniels
2nd-August-2011, 06:38
From a purely professional POV and in no way pleased Darce is struggling, but maybe, just maybe, this could finally be the break Earlsy needs to get a decent run in the centre for Ireland at this level, even if its at 12 and not 13?

Surely he will be the option if Darce is out?

Mebawsa Ritchie
2nd-August-2011, 06:43
Groundbreaking stuff.

bugler
2nd-August-2011, 06:44
Could be the injury that highlights the absurdity of ignoring Downey.

i_like_cake
2nd-August-2011, 06:56
BOD is out for the next 2 games, so finally we will be able to see a new centre combination tried.....
who will be chosen, Bowe, Earls, Trimble, McFadden, Downey..??Cave, ... who else we got....
not sure if Shaggy or Fitz are suitable....

Blindsider.
2nd-August-2011, 07:01
Covered in detail in the RWC section, in the 'Team for Scotland' and 'Extended squad' threads.

Jackdaniels
2nd-August-2011, 07:16
Downey is nothing special Bugler. Just cos a fella plays regular premiership Rugby should not make him an automatic pick for Ireland (not that it ever has mind!!) He is a decent hard hitting Halstead type centre and I wouldnt be losing sleep over his not being in the squad.

As for switching Bowe. Why take the best winger in the NH and move him? Makes no sense. He is a world class winger, leave well enough alone.

Cave needed a year of competetive rugby under his belt to be considered. Wont make the squad.

John123
2nd-August-2011, 07:24
I would imagine it'll be Paddy Wallace at 12 and Earls at 13. McFadden may get a run at 12 for one of the games.

bugler
2nd-August-2011, 07:46
Downey is nothing special Bugler. Just cos a fella plays regular premiership Rugby should not make him an automatic pick for Ireland (not that it ever has mind!!) He is a decent hard hitting Halstead type centre and I wouldnt be losing sleep over his not being in the squad.

He's a vastly experienced, physical IC who has proven he can play at the top level of the club game. We don't have many of them. The only reason he isn't in the squad is because of the country he plays in.

Chuckie
2nd-August-2011, 07:56
would love to see

**murr ay
ROG

*Sexton*Earls
Fitz*& nbsp;& nbsp;& nbsp;& nbsp;& nbsp;& nbsp;& nbsp; Bowe
Jones

be curious to see how that works, no there is no chance but
i
reckon its an option,

John123
2nd-August-2011, 08:14

He's a vastly experienced, physical IC who has proven he can play at the top level of the club game. We don't have many of them. The only reason he isn't in the squad is because of the country he plays in.</span>

And rightly so too. He knows what he has to do if he wants a chance to play for Ireland.