PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Edwards suspended by wales

thegrifter
19th-March-2011, 18:58
apparently after the irish game last week, they were out as a group
Got into an arguement with the pyscologist, went outside
And went kicking the s**te out of each other in front if the team...

John123
19th-March-2011, 20:03
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/9429983.st (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/9429983.stm) m

mikerob
19th-March-2011, 20:11
Apparently he was fighting with Fergus Connolly, the WRU's
sports scientist.

AFAIK Connolly is from Co Monaghan and has previously
worked with some GAA teams.

Obviously a discussion about quick lineouts that got out of
hand...

paki
19th-March-2011, 20:19
Apparently he was fighting with Fergus
Connolly, the WRU's
sports scientist.

AFAIK Connolly is from Co Monaghan and has previously
worked with some GAA teams.

Obviously a discussion about quick lineouts that got out of
hand...

If true, Fergus was either very drunk or is a hard b*****d!

sslazio11
19th-March-2011, 20:21
Can just imagine Edwards in the bar: "Ooo the fook doo yoo think yoo are with yoor fooking sports science, you fooking thick Paddy? I'll fooking 'ave you. Outside, now, you fooking c**t". Or words to that effect....

Red October
19th-March-2011, 20:59
Pfffffftttt. In Monaghan, that's a mating call.

Charco
19th-March-2011, 22:19
Pfffffftttt. In Monaghan, that's a
mating call.

smileys/biggrin.gif

JoeyFantastic
19th-March-2011, 22:55
Can just imagine Edwards in the bar:
"Ooo the fook doo yoo think yoo are with yoor fooking
sports
science, you fooking thick Paddy? I'll fooking 'ave you.
Outside, now, you fooking c**t". Or words to that effect....

Might be mistaken, but I think Shaun Edwards has an Irish
parent, maybe it was just another case of an Ulsterman
defending Paddy Wallace and Edwards sticking up for the
rest
of Ireland.

edit, he has an Irish grandparent, he actually played
League for Ireland (as well as England)

RobbieG
20th-March-2011, 07:03
Can just imagine Edwards in the bar:

sports

rest

of Ireland.

Played RL for Ireland for the RL WC, would have been GB rather than England he played for. iirc.

Downsouthdukin
20th-March-2011, 08:06
Can just
imagine Edwards in the bar:
sports

rest
of Ireland.

you dont have to be from Ulster to defend Paddy.. class
player.

Old Dog
21st-March-2011, 10:57
"The mystery of Shaun Edwards' absence from Wales' disappointing defeat in Paris has deepened following reports it could be connected with a fellow member of the Welsh back-room staff singing an Irish folk song on the team bus after their win against Ireland earlier this month. "

Couldthecultured, music loving Edwards be anotherunfortunate victimof the musical abortionthat is "The Fields of At Henry"?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/other-news (http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/other-news/wales-assistant-coach-suspended-over-irish-folk-song-bustup-2587740.html) /wales-assistant-coach-suspended-over-irish-folk-song-bustup -2587740.html

Paulie Walnuts
21st-March-2011, 11:48
Shaun must be a Leinster and/or Glasgow Rangers fan as such Bluenoses are the only ones who get upset about " The Fields" being sung.

Balla Boy
21st-March-2011, 11:54
I suspect it was another row about the lyrics to the sixth and seventh nights in "7 Drunken Nights".

Many's the friendship that floundered on that lyrical dispute.

Paulie Walnuts
21st-March-2011, 12:00
Isn't Edwards anotherJesus freak? Plenty of ballads taking the Lord's name in vain for him to smote the blasphemer for.

Mebawsa Ritchie
21st-March-2011, 12:01
I suspect Andy Powell was driving.

The Word Is Born
21st-March-2011, 12:05
Isn't Edwards anotherJesus freak? Plenty of ballads taking the Lord's name in vain for him to smote the blasphemer for.

Possibly or else yer mano started belting out M People's 'greatest hits'.

BourkeofDublin
21st-March-2011, 21:20
Shaun must be a Leinster and/or
Glasgow Rangers fan as such Bluenoses are the only ones who
get upset about " The Fields" being sung. smileys/biggrin.gif

slipper1
21st-March-2011, 22:11
I find this hilarious. Isn't the team psychologist used to build confidence or whatever, not to be used as a punch bag for the assistant coach. They've got a unique way of doing things over there smileys/lol.gif

rathbaner
22nd-March-2011, 08:33
Looks like it's all coming apart frankly

AdolphusGrigson
22nd-March-2011, 09:09
The most likelyscenario is some crpyto-rebel-ditty which perhaps was not crypto enough - as a rule rebel songs about the rareoldviolenttimes in the early part of the last centrury are viewedsomewhat more favourably by the British/Englishthan those in the closing part of the century.

...and ifyou are from County Monaghan the difference between these 2 violent periods is not quite as disctinct as it might be in other parts of the country e.g. Munster.

The Word Is Born
27th-March-2011, 19:31
Beeb</font> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_uni&#111;n/welsh/12861528.stm)

Wales defence coach Edwards denies headbutting Connolly</span></font>

Wales defence coach Shaun Edwards has denied headbutting colleague Fergus Connolly in the incident that led to both missing Wales' defeat in France.

Both men were fined 500 and banned from Wales' final Six Nations match in Paris by the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU).

In a newspaper column, Edwards admitted he and the sports scientist had a scuffle, but he told the Sunday Times: "I definitely did not headbutt him."

Edwards is to see out his contract that ends at the 2011 World Cup.

In The Sunday Times article, Wasps head coach Edwards admitted the incident was sparked over a song sung on the Wales team bus following their 19-13 win over Ireland on 12 March

He added: "Fergus got the wrong end of the stick with a song which was a bit of fun with the lads.

"He approached me afterwards clearly annoyed and there and there was an altercation; our heads may have touched because we were standing so close to each other, but I definitely did not headbutt him.

"Fergus has always been one of my best mates in the squad and we are now friends again.

"No one has ever seen me drunk or out of order in a rugby situation. My record as a player and a coach speaks for itself and I always tried to conduct myself properly."

In his Guardian column on Friday, 25 March Edwards revealed he met WRU group chief executive Roger Lewis in London.

"Yesterday's [Thursday's] meeting with Roger Lewis confirmed I will see out my Wales contract, starting with Barbarians at the start of June and going on to New Zealand in the autumn."

He added: "I am still Wales defence coach," Edwards wrote.

"And the matter of the scuffle following the Ireland game can, I hope, be laid to rest.

"There are weeks you'd rather forget, and I hope that is precisely what I am allowed to do with this one."

When the incident was raised with coach Warren Gatland at the France game, which Wales lost 28-9, he would only say that it was an internal matter.

Edwards started work with Wales before the 2008 Six Nations campaign, when they won the title and Grand Slam, conceding just two tries during the entire tournament.

DABOSS
27th-March-2011, 19:52
I heard he sang Sean South wearing a Margeret thathcer mask dancing a reel while whiping his arse with the union jack. Sorry flag

AdolphusGrigson
27th-March-2011, 21:24
"Fergus got the wrong end of the stick with a song which was a bit of fun with the lads."

I'm sure the boul Fergus will love the suggestion that not only is he an over-sensitive fecker but hs is also a stupid fecker as well.

munsterbouy
28th-March-2011, 14:11
I suspect it was another row about the lyrics to the sixth and seventh nights in "7 Drunken Nights".

Many's the friendship that floundered on that lyrical dispute.

I hear it was "wild Rover" when connolly sang it and " Wife Beater" when Edwards sang it....Mr Connolly took exception...stranger things have happened on a tour bus