pip14
13th-February-2011, 16:40
Ferris at 6.

kildareleinsterfan
13th-February-2011, 17:25
Wallace at 12..

Mcork
13th-February-2011, 17:34
IMO Pack fulfilled their role and came away with a lot of kudos - they deserve to go again but I'd really change the backline.

1.Healy

2.Best

3.Ross

4.POC

5.DOC

6.O'Brien

7.Wallace

8.Heaslip

9.Reddan

10.ROG

11.Trimble

12.McFadden

13.O'Driscoll

14.Bowe (if fit otherwise mcFadden with Wallace at 12)

15.Fitzgerald

Subs: Cronin, Court, Cullen, Ferris, Stringer, Sexton, Eatls

Speedy
13th-February-2011, 17:49
Fitzgerald, Bowe, O'Driscoll, McFadden, Earls, Sexton, Reddan
Healy, Cronin, Ross, O'Callaghan, O'Connell, O'Brien, Wallace, Heaslip

Bench: Best, Court, Cullen, Ferris, O'Leary, O'Gara, D'Arcy.

Mebawsa Ritchie
13th-February-2011, 18:06
I'd like to see Plug getting some meaningful game time. 5 minutes would be about right.

Carruthers McDaid
13th-February-2011, 18:10
Fitzgerald, Bowe, O'Driscoll, McFadden,
Earls, Sexton, ReddanHealy, Cronin, Ross, O'Callaghan,
O'Connell, O'Brien, Wallace, HeaslipBench: Best, Court,
Cullen, Ferris, O'Leary, O'Gara, D'Arcy.

This. Possibly Trimble for Earls who needs to look for the ball
more than he does. Oh, and Boss/Stringer for TOL.

the plastic paddy
13th-February-2011, 19:03
thought best had good game today apart from what we think was the one obvious overthrow. held up Servat well and that is no mean achievement given the way the ref was going. wally had good game today but...

1.healy 2.flannery?? 3.ross 4.DOC 5.POC 6.ferris 7.sean o'brien 8.Heaslip 9.TOL 10.Sexton 11.Earls 12.Wallace 13.BOD 14. Bowe 15. Fitzgerald.

Bench: Best/ Cronin. Court( only one can play both sides) Cullen Wallace ROG Boss( to compete with backrow) Carr( please let him have a go off the front foot not the back.)

Big-al
13th-February-2011, 19:08
Bring Reddan, Wallace, Trimble and Bowe into the backs. Pack should get another chance. If Ferris is fit then maybe bring him unto the bench

sewa
13th-February-2011, 19:12
ROG and Wallace to start 10, 12. Also use the subs properly for once - Leo coming on for 5 seconds was a joke. Himself and Leamy deserved 20 min's minimum

Mcork
13th-February-2011, 19:21
If Deccie picks D'Arcy & O'leary for Scotland then I think he's pulling the piss out of the idea that we've a squad which we can use. The players in reserve in those positions deserve better.

The Outlaw
13th-February-2011, 19:28
Wouldnt make huge changes if Ferris and Bowe are unfit.

Maybe Reddan for TOL. But i didn't think TOL did that badly.
There is no point in comparing him to Parra. Because we
havent any other scrum half comparable to Parra.

We would have only scored 1 try today if TOL wasnt playing.
I'm not a fan but credit where its due. One knock on and one
poor kick aside.

Consumer
13th-February-2011, 19:36
1.Healy

2.Best

3.Ross

4.Cullen

5.MOD

6.O'Brien

7.Wallace

8.Heaslip

9.Stringer (Scotland are s**te, don't need TOL's defense at all)

10.Sexton

11.McFadden

12.BOD

13.Bowe

14.Trimble

15.Earls/fitzgerald (both bad)

Munsterboy
13th-February-2011, 19:40
McFadden in for D'Arcy if Bowe is fit, Reddan for TOL and Cronin for Best

Partly based on performances of incumbents, partly based on
giving lads a chance to claim the jersey.

Thomond78
13th-February-2011, 19:49
I would kill for a fit Fla - for Munster and Ireland.

D'Arcy has to be given the chop, though.

the plastic paddy
13th-February-2011, 19:52
hey consumer, you sound like you are giving up. We played poorly today missing four first pick b& Irish lions players and still were robbed. Three tries to one etc. Too many mistakes but the jocks played as well as they have for years last week and were hammered. we will win the next three games and things will look different

Consumer
13th-February-2011, 20:06
hey consumer, you sound like you are giving up. We played poorly today missing four first pick b& Irish lions players and still were robbed. Three tries to one etc. Too many mistakes but the jocks played as well as they have for years last week and were hammered. we will win the next three games and things will look different

Ah we probably will beat Wales and Scotland and compete with England for the Triple Crown, but the reality is we were beaten by a poorly performing French side. Really the World Cup will be contested by France and the Southern Hemisphere sides and that's a pity which is why I'm a but pissed off at the minute.

scotscor
13th-February-2011, 20:29
I think deccie is planning towards the autumn. ish, he is still
building a squad, having said that France were definitely
looking to the wc with the timing of their subs.

Healy, Cronin, Mushy (Court)
Cullen, POC (DOC)
Ferris Heaslip SOB (Wallace)
TOL Sexton (Strings, ROG)
Bowe Wallace BOD Trimble (Earls)
Duffy

Ross is our first choice th at this stage. But we need to
have a back up for the future. Any game where the scrum
is crucial will have ross starting, we can get by with Mushy
against the scots and the rest of the game will benefit from
his presence.
Cronin should get a game, and this is the game for it.
Healy was very good today. not so good last week, can he
do it next time.
Cullen should start a game, again we know he is good
enough to be the next man in, see if he can perform better
than DOC has for the last two games.
Wallace was excellent today. Lets see how the dream back
row can do without him (and up against the killer b's)
TOL seems to be improving, give him another game,
strings always seems to do best when coming on as a sub.
Sexton to start hopefully he will be allowed greater licence
to vary his game.
Darcy only player who has had two poor games, should be
dropped. Wallace deserves his chance.

RichardP
14th-February-2011, 11:32
Consumer's choice for Irish pack:
1, Leo,
2, Cullen,
3, Rockboy
4, Plug,
5, Big Ears,
6, The Leinster Ligind
7, Ex-Leicester Lock
8, A.N.Other (but Cullen to replace him with 6 seconds left).

RichardP
14th-February-2011, 11:34
Bring Reddan, Wallace, Trimble and Bowe into the backs. Pack should get another chance. If Ferris is fit then maybe bring him unto the bench
I wouldn't argue with any of that

tmunster
14th-February-2011, 13:06
Yeah pack done well yesterday esp in open play aside from some stupid knock on's. Darce has to go but I can't see Kidney dropping TOL.

Carruthers McDaid
14th-February-2011, 13:38
Consumer's choice for Irish pack:1, Leo,2, Cullen,3,
Rockboy4, Plug,5, Big Ears,6, The Leinster Ligind7, Ex-
Leicester Lock8, A.N.Other (but Cullen to replace him with 6
seconds left).

Hilarious.

mtcmolloy
14th-February-2011, 13:59
cronin would start if we were really developing players, ... which we are not, so DK to pick his 'strongest' side again. I would say zero changes for next week.

They never showed cronin's dropped ball on the replay.. would like to see it again. He should have been on a little earlier, I reckon. 25 or 20 to go, like.

Thomond78
14th-February-2011, 14:02
seconds left).

It's the gift that keeps on giving. smileys/biggrin.gif

rathbaner
20th-February-2011, 13:31
1, Leo,
2, Cullen,
3, Rockboy
4, Plug,
5, Big Ears,
6, The Leinster Ligind
7, Ex-Leicester Lock

Sunday Independent is savagely anti Kidney to day. Has Leo launched a whispering campaign?

Mcork
20th-February-2011, 13:40
1, Leo,
2, Cullen,
3, Rockboy
4, Plug,
5, Big Ears,
6, The Leinster Ligind
7, Ex-Leicester Lock

Sunday Independent is savagely anti Kidney to day. Has Leo launched a whispering campaign?

I would say they were a little bit more critical compared to the more congratulary coverage they gave during the week. Maybe the penny dropped that the performance against France was not very good after all and that the team is playing well below the standard one would expect based on the quality of players available.

Consumer
20th-February-2011, 17:07

seconds left).

Hilarious.

That was very funny to be honest.

Consumer
20th-February-2011, 17:10
cronin would start if we were really developing players, ... which we are not, so DK to pick his 'strongest' side again. I would say zero changes for next week.

They never showed cronin's dropped ball on the replay.. would like to see it again. He should have been on a little earlier, I reckon. 25 or 20 to go, like.

The problem is Cronin is ALWAYS dropping balls. It means the one thing you pick him for, crash ball, isn't on the table either since he can only hang onto the ball about half the time. Hopefully Leinster can whip him into shape (in every respect, he's disgracefully overweight). I mean he can't throw, scrum preforms better with Best, and can't hang onto the ball - what's he actually good for?

slipper1
20th-February-2011, 17:15

The problem is Cronin is ALWAYS dropping balls. It means the one thing you pick him for, crash ball, isn't on the table either since he can only hang onto the ball about half the time. Hopefully Leinster can whip him into shape (in every respect, he's disgracefully overweight). I mean he can't throw, scrum preforms better with Best, and can't hang onto the ball - what's he actually good for?

you're right, Varley should be starting or at least on the bench.

The Outlaw
20th-February-2011, 17:16
seconds left).
Sunday Independent is savagely anti Kidney to day.
Has Leo launched a whispering campaign?

After 6 secs- he's bloody well entitled to.

tickettout
20th-February-2011, 17:19
seconds left).
Sunday Independent is savagely anti Kidney to day.
Has Leo launched a whispering campaign?

After 6 secs- he's bloody well entitled to.

Nearly all the journos are lynching him over the continuous TOL selection and rightly so.

Tobyglen
20th-February-2011, 17:20
1.Healy

2.Cronin

3.Ross

4.POC

5.DOC

6.O'Brien

7.Wallace

8.Heaslip

9.Reddan

10.ROG/Sexpest

11.Earls

12.McFadden

13.O'Driscoll

14.Bowe

15.Fitzgerald

MunsterTel
20th-February-2011, 19:06
Will someone tell me what ROG has to do to get back in that team?! Or will he never start a game for Ireland again......? smileys/sad.gifSeems to me that other fella starts the small games cos we're developing him.... but then he starts the big games too..... I understand the need to have two number 10's, just how is it ROG is now second choice and what does he have to do to get back in?

Consumer
20th-February-2011, 19:19
Will someone tell me what ROG has to do to get back in that team?! Or will he never start a game for Ireland again......? smileys/sad.gifSeems to me that other fella starts the small games cos we're developing him.... but then he starts the big games too..... I understand the need to have two number 10's, just how is it ROG is now second choice and what does he have to do to get back in?

Does it really matter which of them plays though? They're about as good at passing and kicking as one another, maybe Sexton has a slight edge in defence, not much though. Reading ROG's autobiography they have to stick rigidly to whatever gameplan Kidney gives them so I'm not sure what difference it makes at all.

Cowboy
20th-February-2011, 19:20
1.Healy

2.Cronin

3.Ross

4.POC

5.DOC

6.O'Brien

7.Wallace

8.Heaslip

9.Reddan

10.ROG/Sexpest

11.Earls

12.McFadden

13.O'Driscoll

14.Bowe

15.Fitzgerald

Ê

Now we're suckin diesel. Would like to see a strong
bench too, how you'd select between Paddy Wallace and
Darcy I dont know, but, I'd probably go for Trimble
myself with Rog/Sexton and Tol or Boss. Ferris, Leo
Mushy Best and Court

Cowboy
20th-February-2011, 19:21
1.Healy

2.Cronin

3.Ross

4.POC

5.DOC

6.O'Brien

7.Wallace

8.Heaslip

9.Reddan

10.ROG/Sexpest

11.Earls

12.McFadden

13.O'Driscoll

14.Bowe

15.Fitzgerald

Ê

Now we're suckin diesel. Would like to see a strong
bench too, how you'd select between Paddy Wallace and
Darcy I dont know, but, I'd probably go for Trimble
myself with Rog/Sexton and Tol or Boss. Ferris, Leo
Mushy Best and Court

Although the Micko had an Ok outing in Thomond this
weekend. There's not much in either of them, maybe
Micko instead of Cullen.

MunsterTel
20th-February-2011, 19:31

Does it really matter which of them plays though? They're about as good at passing and kicking as one another, maybe Sexton has a slight edge in defence, not much though. Reading ROG's autobiography they have to stick rigidly to whatever gameplan Kidney gives them so I'm not sure what difference it makes at all.

So the gameplan is running at the opposition? And ROG is a territory kicker/opportunist? Therefore ROG doesn't suit what Kidney wants with Ireland? I liked ROG's way of playin. We'll never be New Zealand. And I think we did well cos we had a cunning 9/10 combo in Strings/ROG that were smart enough to exploit oppostion. I try hard to be objective of the whole thing but i just don't see Sexton ever doin what ROG did for 10 years and fear we're leaving ROG on the Bench even when he may have the edge on Sexton at this time......

Again, not tryin to argue.... I genuinely can't see how Sexton is edging it...

scotscor
20th-February-2011, 19:32
I cant understand the conservative selections. Two years ago
kidney made four changes for the scotland game, and that
was a side chasing a slam. This is a side trying to expand the
squad for teh WC, I'd guess that we will have 4-6 new starting
players for this game maybe even five, with one newbie on
the bench.
Healy, cronin, Buckley (Court,
POC Cullen (Doc)
SOB Heaslip Wallace
Reddan ROG (Strings, Sexton)
Bowe, Mcfadden, BOD, Fitzgerald (Wallace)
Earls

Consumer
20th-February-2011, 20:06

So the gameplan is running at the opposition? And ROG is a territory kicker/opportunist? Therefore ROG doesn't suit what Kidney wants with Ireland? I liked ROG's way of playin. We'll never be New Zealand. And I think we did well cos we had a cunning 9/10 combo in Strings/ROG that were smart enough to exploit oppostion. I try hard to be objective of the whole thing but i just don't see Sexton ever doin what ROG did for 10 years and fear we're leaving ROG on the Bench even when he may have the edge on Sexton at this time......

No ROG isn't a territorial kicker, ROG is given instructions</span> to kick for territory when he comes on.

SlamChamps09
20th-February-2011, 21:05
Yeah, keep on picking TOL, can't kick or pass, is out of form and did not train at all before France, square peg and round hole I'm afraid.

Kidney,the only 6N coach who thinks his team does not need to use replacements. Have no faith in him any more. Said Cullen did not come on earlier because DOC's workrate at 79mins was the same as it was at 1 minute, more DK bull. DK's management is holding the team back.

con men
21st-February-2011, 09:30
TOL should not even make the bench he cant pass and thats a
scrum half job but sure deccie is from dolphin so is TOL so
cant see him dropping him deccie get real will u smileys/shock.gif

Aussiedub
21st-February-2011, 09:45

Yes but the 9/10 aren't working at Munster either. While ROG maybe a better kicker Sexton is a better runner and defender.

I don't think you can advocate a game based on kicking to the opposition while not having a scrum or quality lineout and big defensive weaknesses

Mebawsa Ritchie
21st-February-2011, 09:48
Yes but the 9/10 aren't working at Munster either. While ROG maybe a better kicker Sexton is a better runner and defender.

I don't think you can advocate a game based on kicking to the opposition while not having a scrum or quality lineout and big defensive weaknesses

But didn't Healy and Ross do very well scrum wise against ASM and Racing Paris?smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

Aussiedub
21st-February-2011, 09:54

But didn't Healy and Ross do very well scrum wise against ASM and Racing Paris?smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

Yes but there is more to the scrum than 2 props though....Cullen/Hines/Strauss also help in the scrum

jeepers
21st-February-2011, 10:27

Some questions here about Sexton's defense for D'Arcy missed tackle in the French game - and makes the comment that at least O'Gara stands in the right place to defend, unlike Sexton.

Article (http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/darcyl-et-down-by-odriscoll-and-his-teammates-2547409.html)

Aussiedub
21st-February-2011, 10:38

Some questions here about Sexton's defense for D'Arcy missed tackle in the French game - and makes the comment that at least O'Gara stands in the right place to defend, unlike Sexton.

Article (http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/darcyl-et-down-by-odriscoll-and-his-teammates-2547409.html)

So this article blames BOD/Earls/Sexton for the try, states that DK effectively has no control over tactics or that he can't put systems in place to make the team perform or design a game plan..or that Les Kiss can organise a defence

I assume you take all them facts on board the same way you do about Sexton's defence.

Jackie Brown
21st-February-2011, 10:48
Only change, Bowe in at 14.

Weare building for a World Cup don't you know........ http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/smileys/lol.gifhttp://www.munsterfans.com/forum/smileys/lol.gifhttp://www.munsterfans.com/forum/smileys/lol.gif

Mebawsa Ritchie
21st-February-2011, 10:48

So this article blames BOD/Earls/Sexton for the try, states that DK effectively has no control over tactics or that he can't put systems in place to make the team perform or design a game plan..or that Les Kiss can organise a defence

I assume you take all them facts on board the same way you do about Sexton's defence.

What a load of codswallop!

The try is here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAp2QvZuEMU) at 6.50. It's 1st phase ball, withy no dummy runners, misalignment, or other defensive systems failure.

Darcy got bounced and beaten in a straightforward one on one tackle. His error and nobody elses.

lawrence
21st-February-2011, 11:01
Only change, Bowe in at 14.

Weare building for a World Cup don't you know........ http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/smileys/lol.gifhttp://www.munsterfans.com/forum/smileys/lol.gifhttp://www.munsterfans.com/forum/smileys/lol.gif

and mafi at 12 and warwick at 15.

Aussiedub
21st-February-2011, 11:23

The try is here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAp2QvZuEMU) at 6.50. It's 1st phase ball, withy no dummy runners, misalignment, or other defensive systems failure.

Darcy got bounced and beaten in a straightforward one on one tackle. His error and nobody elses.

Hey I agree that it's Darcy's fault for missing the tackle

king
21st-February-2011, 11:24
Think I would like to see cronin start, I agree that he hasnt set the world alight but think he has what it takes but needs to be on long enough to come off with some positives to balance the negetives.

Seems like a confidence player who doesnt believe that he deserves to be at this level yet, half a dozen good throws and a few decent secure carries should see the confidence grow. If dk doesnt give him the time he wont ever be ready imo.

Also like to see McFadden retain his place in the 15, only for a bad pass he would have 2 from 2 now. Isnt that what we want from our wingers?

Earls on the bench for Bowe would be the best outcome as it would give you a stirke runner to come on as the game loosened up and it would nean that Pwallace would be dropped.PW is so far away from being at this levelI cant believe it every time I see him included. WatchALL of his errors for Ulster last week.

Cecil
21st-February-2011, 11:40

Hey I agree that it's Darcy's fault for missing the tackle

Darcy has no excuses, dreadful defending. Look at the try again and watch Wallace's line of running from the scrm, you could argue that he should have covered Darcy missed tackle but for some reason seemed to stop running.

Also Fitzgearld is not a full back, dreadful under the high ball and is erratic in kicking from hand.

McCloud
21st-February-2011, 12:38
Eight players added to Ireland squad
Monday, February 21, 2011 - 02:27 PM

Eight players have been drafted into the Ireland squad and added to the match 22 that were on duty in the last round of the RBS 6 Nations Championship.

Andrew Trimble returned to competitive action for Ulster at the weekend following his hand injury and is included in the squad for this week’s preparations ahead of the game against Scotland in Edinburgh.

Tommy Bowe also returned to play for Ospreys after recovering from the knee injury that has kept him out of the opening two rounds of the championship and has been included in the squad.

Backs Denis Hurley and Gavin Duffy came through unscathed from their provincial games in the Magners League and are named in the squad.

Second rows Mick O’Driscoll and Donnacha Ryan have also been called up as have Tony Buckley, who played for his province after returning from a hip injury, and back row Rhys Ruddock.

The Ireland squad will gather in Dublin this evening with the first training session scheduled for Tuesday morning.

Ireland Squad Additions:

Andrew Trimble
Mick O'Driscoll
Donnacha Ryan
Gavin Duffy
Denis Hurley
Tony Buckley
Rhys Ruddock
Tommy Bowe

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/eight-player (http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/eight-players-added-to-ireland-squad-494345.html#ixzz1EbWsCOkJ) s-added-to-ireland-squad-494345.html#ixzz1EbWsCOkJ

McCloud
21st-February-2011, 12:39
Triple blow for Scotland
Monday, February 21, 2011 - 02:03 PM

Joe Ansbro, Hugo Southwell and Rory Lamont have all been ruled out of Scotland’s RBS 6 Nations clash against Ireland on Sunday.

Full-back Southwell has not recovered from the facial injury he suffered in the defeat by Wales earlier this month.

Northampton centre Ansbro suffered concussion during his team’s defeat by Bath at the weekend and Toulon full-back Lamont sustained a leg injury against Agen.

Scotland head coach Andy Robinson said: ``We have made the decision now that all three of our injured backs will miss this weekend's international so that brings clarity to our preparations.

“We wish all of them a speedy recovery. Our medical staff will continue to treat and monitor our injured forwards.

“Everybody was hurting after the display against Wales but we must now focus on the challenge that Ireland bring and there’s absolute determination to bounce back against them at Murrayfield on Sunday.”

Six forwards sat out training today, with Scotland team doctor James Robson reporting that they will require further medical assessment.

Glasgow Warriors pair Jon Welsh (ribs) and Robert Harley (hip), Edinburgh flanker Ross Rennie (toe) and Leinster lock Nathan Hines (knee) all suffered knocks in Magners League action at the weekend.

Richie Vernon is still feeling the effects of the calf knock he suffered against Wales while hooker Dougie Hall continues to be troubled by the shoulder injury that ruled him out of the Murrayfield defeat.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/triple-blow- (http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/triple-blow-for-scotland-494344.html#ixzz1EbXCte9W) for-scotland-494344.html#ixzz1EbXCte9W

Ultra Vires
21st-February-2011, 12:54
We can no longer win the 6 nations (our points difference is too small, even if we somehow manage to win the last 3 games)

Therefore these are the last competitive matches before the world cup in which Kidney can try a few different players / combinations. If he sticks with pretty much the same players then it is safe to say that he has already decided in his head who the first 15 are against Australia (I believe he already has) and that he is now really not much better than Eddie O'Sullivan.

If the IRFU has any real ambition and common sense they should now be lining up his replacement for post-world cup. Imagine bringing in someone like Joe Schmidt (just anexample) who could shake up Irelandsplay to match the new rules, and who would pick the team without any Munster / Leinster bias. Simply the best 15 performing players, as Schmist does with Leinster.

Its what Ireland needs.

Tobyglen
21st-February-2011, 13:03
There you go now Outlaw, Ruddock called up. What a prospect this kid is, barely 20 and already 111kg smileys/shock.gif. If only Munster could poach this guy!

NotreDameRFC
21st-February-2011, 13:18
Cullen , Reddan and Bowe to come in.

Our lineout options in terrible at the moment and Cullen seems to be a better lineut stealer than DOC. DOC would be a better impact player as CUllen is not an impact player.

I Would like to see DK bring on, Ferris, ROG, DOC and Cronin with 25 mins to go.

Ps Sexton has to start , if we had more experienced wingers that Mc Fadden and Earls we might have got more tries v France. Sexton can create overlaps with BOD , ROG plays a different game.

tickettout
21st-February-2011, 13:19
There you go now Outlaw, Ruddock called up. What a prospect this kid is, barely 20 and already 111kg smileys/shock.gif. If only Munster could poach this guy!

yup excellent talent on the way. Leinster will have some backrow for years to come (as will Ireland)

RobbieG
21st-February-2011, 13:20
No Strings, Deccie to stay with ToL.

99_oK?
21st-February-2011, 13:24
the bench.
POC Cullen (Doc)
SOB Heaslip Wallace
Earls

Trimble on the wing, Fitz to FB and we'd muller 'em, agree with the rest.

Pity though that it won't happen.

NotreDameRFC
21st-February-2011, 13:25
the bench.
POC Cullen (Doc)
SOB Heaslip Wallace
Earls

Trimble on the wing, Fitz to FB and we'd muller 'em, agree with the rest.

Pity though that it won't happen.

No Ross???

99_oK?
21st-February-2011, 13:28
We can no longer win the 6 nations (our points difference is too small, even if we somehow manage to win the last 3 games)

Therefore these are the last competitive matches before the world cup in which Kidney can try a few different players / combinations. If he sticks with pretty much the same players then it is safe to say that he has already decided in his head who the first 15 are against Australia (I believe he already has) and that he is now really not much better than Eddie O'Sullivan.

If the IRFU has any real ambition and common sense they should now be lining up his replacement for post-world cup. Imagine bringing in someone like Joe Schmidt (just anexample) who could shake up Irelandsplay to match the new rules, and who would pick the team without any Munster / Leinster bias. Simply the best 15 performing players, as Schmist does with Leinster.

Its what Ireland needs.

But would Schmidt be able to deal with the IRFU blazers?

We can all see he's a great coach, but being a national coach isn't like being a club/provincial coach. Personally I'd like someone like Mallet or McGeechan, even the lad in charge of the Scots isn't too bad.

Oh, and a win in Edinburgh might be difficult to come by too. Scots mightn't be great individually but they'll give it teir all and we are playing poorly as a team. Who we pick at 9 &amp; 10 will influence this.

Hawkeye
21st-February-2011, 13:34
No strings. Don't believe that. Team selection becoming as predictable as TMcG. Ireland will win easily against an understrength and poor Scotland team and Kidney will no doubt be allowed to hide from reality for another few weeks.

tickettout
21st-February-2011, 13:45
Can't see Kidney making too many changes tbh.

Bowe, Reddan, ROG and Cronin are the 4 positions where he has to make a decision. He will probably start 2 of them.

No need to risk Ferris.

Dowlinz
21st-February-2011, 13:56
Think dropping D'arcy would be a bad mentality move to make ahead of the World Cup. He's our best 12 on form by a mile and even if his recent performances have merited being dropped I think it would benefit him more if he was given the chance to play his way out of bad form rather than drop him and have him potentially have lost a lot of confidence come the world cup.

Bowe has to come back, McFadden has to make way. Undecided between earls and Trimble.

I think Sexton has to go, ROG is arguably the 2nd best 10 in the world when he's in the zone and he's certainly there at the moment. Maybe partner him with Reddan, a point made in the Indo was those two could wind up playing in the world cup and have had very little gametime together.

Otherwise same team as before. If Ferris or Flannery are somehow fit then SOB and Best to make way but chances are we won't see either of them this 6N.

garryowen2323
21st-February-2011, 14:01

Looks like Dominic Ryan will have to wait another while before the first of his 50 caps too! smileys/wink.gif

BPH1
21st-February-2011, 14:13
Think dropping D'arcy would be a bad mentality move to make ahead of the World Cup. He's our best 12 on form by a mile and even if his recent performances have merited being dropped I think it would benefit him more if he was given the chance to play his way out of bad form rather than drop him and have him potentially have lost a lot of confidence come the world cup.

So we just let our players play s**t for as long as they want in the hope that they might find their form? Are you EOS?

John123
21st-February-2011, 15:15
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/scottish/9403622 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_uni&#111;n/scottish/9403622.stm) .stm

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but how did Byrne get away with that assault on Southwell? He's a nasty f**ker in my book, have seen him involved in a few incidents in the past.

99_oK?
21st-February-2011, 15:50
Can't believe some of the stuff I'm seeing here.

You play rubbish and still expect to play.......? No way in my book. As the lore goes, 'tis only the loan of a jersey.

D'Arcy (for whatever reason) has not been playing well of late. There are others playing better right now. He may have been a great player and a good servant in the green jersey; he doesn't have a divine right to wear it until his last breath.

Same goes for other playes and other positions.

But from what we know of Kidney, I'd expect a few changes at most for this game. Probably no changes in the pack, and I'd expect Bowe to regain his place on the wing, so at 1 least 1 back will lose out. That is the minimum change, but who will be the loser? If Kidney sticks to his conservative mantra, then it'll likely be a straight swap with McFadden.

However, that is ignoring all current form. Firstly (and despite some improvement against France) we have problemswith the f-row. Best is not throwing well but would Cronin be any improvement? Hardly. Mushy's w-end performance was the best seen from an Irish tighthead for a long time, but Ross is coping well enough too. A call to be made there. At 2nd row we again saw a big improvement, but Plug deserves meaningful game-time if not a start. B-row won't change given that Ferris isn't fit.

Now for the real deals: Scrum half has been a problem for some time. ToL's poor passing and indecisionhas been causing our much vaunted back-line oodles of problems. So will he go for Reddan or go the whole hog with Stringer. I think it'll be the former with ToL on the bench. Personally, I'd start Boss with Stringer to come on - and tat just won't happen (sadly).

He'll stick with Sexton to start, but RoG would be a better option for this game. Expect RoG to get 15-20 mins. Hopefully not on to rescue the game this time.

Centre should be McFadden and BoD. I'm not sure he'll drop D'Arcy. It should be Bowe and either Earls or Trimble on the other wing. I think he'llplay Earls, Trimble on the bench. Fitz will play FB, but he'll need togather those kicksmore neatly.

It's a game we should win. It's also a game we could lose.......

Thomond78
22nd-February-2011, 05:51
[D'Arcy]'s our best 12 on form by a mile
and even if his recent performances have merited being
dropped...

The Non-Sequitur of the Year Award is now closed, and all
bets will be paid out. Thank you.

Thomond78
22nd-February-2011, 05:56
Cullen , Reddan and Bowe to
come in.

Our lineout options in terrible at the moment and Cullen
seems to be a better lineut stealer than DOC. DOC would
be a better impact player as CUllen is not an impact
player.

I Would like to see DK bring on, Ferris, ROG, DOC and
Cronin with 25 mins to go.

Ps Sexton has to start , if we had more experienced
wingers that Mc Fadden and Earls we might have got more
tries v France. Sexton can create overlaps with BOD , ROG
plays a different game.

Cullen was poor in a Leinster pack that got duffed up by a
Cardiff B team. Mind you, he was still a lot better than
Devin "The Irish Luke Charteris" Toner.

I also just love how it's the wingers' fault that Sexton
took all the room up and then passed three yards from
touch with three defenders on Earls, repeatedly passed into
touch or behind McFadden - two games in a row, now - or
refused to pass to Fitzgerald or Earls on more than one
occasion when they were clear and begging for the ball,
instead choosing to cut back into the defence. No, no, all
the fault of those naughty wingers, that's why Johnny isn't
looking a world-beater.

God give me strength; it's only Tuesday and there's a
whole bloody week of this to come. smileys/rolleyes.gif

Thomond78
22nd-February-2011, 06:08
TOL should not even make the bench
he cant pass and thats a

For Christ's sake, would you fecking learn to bloody
punctuate and capitalise!

And before you whinge, I invite you to consider the
noticeable difference between helping Jack off a horse and
helping jack-off a horse.

Thomond78
22nd-February-2011, 06:09
Yes but the 9/10 aren't working at
Munster either. While ROG maybe a better kicker Sexton is a
better runner and defender.

I don't think you can advocate a game based on kicking to
the opposition while not having a scrum or quality lineout and
big defensive weaknessesBut didn't Healy and
Ross do very well scrum wise against ASM and Racing
Paris?*smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

Love your work, MR. Always have. smileys/biggrin.gif

duffer09
22nd-February-2011, 06:20
What happened to what Deccie said when he took over from EOS, Form players in Form positions!!

TOL and Darcy should not be starting on Sunday

king
22nd-February-2011, 08:08
TOL should not even make the bench
he cant pass and thats a

For Christ's sake, would you fecking learn to bloody
punctuate and capitalise!

And before you whinge, I invite you to consider the
noticeable difference between helping Jack off a horse and
helping jack-off a horse.

smileys/biggrin.gifsmileys/biggrin.gif

jeepers
22nd-February-2011, 08:32
What happened to what Deccie said
when he took over from EOS, Form players in Form
positions!!

TOL and Darcy should not be starting on
Sunday

Did Deccie say that? All I can recall him saying is that he
wanted to develop depth. Specifically, I can recall him
dropping the encumbent & in-form Keith Earls for Andrew
Trimble at the beginning of the 6Ns 'to give Trimble a go'
against Italy last 6ns. If you want to develop a squad you
have to do things like that.

Quote from Rob Kearney which rubbishes the claim that
Kidney is not allowing Sexton to deviate from Plan A (run
the ball at every opportunity).

"You play what's in front of you. In sport you have to be
instinctive,<s&#111;ng> you can't go out with a set game plan and
Declan doesn't do that," he stresses.</s&#111;ng>

"I think too much can be made of it (game plan)
sometimes. It's done on a game-to-game basis and
sometimes, if the game is going well and depending on the
opposition you're playing, maybe it's okay to run it from
that bit deeper.

"It's a game-management thing and that's something the
players on the field need to determine for themselves. You
win games from playing territory and if you look up and
see space, then maybe kicking into it can be the best play
to make."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/rob-kearney-you-
dont-know-what-youve-got-till-its-gone-2550093.html

NotreDameRFC
22nd-February-2011, 11:20
Cullen , Reddan and Bowe to
come in.

be a better impact player as CUllen is not an impact
player.

plays a different game.

Cullen was poor in a Leinster pack that got duffed up by a
Cardiff B team. Mind you, he was still a lot better than
Devin "The Irish Luke Charteris" Toner.

I also just love how it's the wingers' fault that Sexton
took all the room up and then passed three yards from
touch with three defenders on Earls, repeatedly passed into
touch or behind McFadden - two games in a row, now - or
refused to pass to Fitzgerald or Earls on more than one
occasion when they were clear and begging for the ball,
instead choosing to cut back into the defence. No, no, all
the fault of those naughty wingers, that's why Johnny isn't
looking a world-beater.

God give me strength; it's only Tuesday and there's a
whole bloody week of this to come. smileys/rolleyes.gif

.... give me a break... watch the re runs of the moves and you might see what i mean. i didnt think i had to explain every bit of the move i was on about... but i will say one thing... think of the type of tries Bowe scores for Ireland ? coming in from the wing against the grain ofthe drifting defence? ring a bell... . McFadden who has only played 6 or so games on the wing in his career, just doesnt have the experience in that position to be improvise.... a very good player but not a winger. Thats all i was pointing out..... one can critique the wingers without defending Sexton.

upandout
22nd-February-2011, 11:30
Cullen , Reddan and Bowe to come in.

be a better impact player as CUllen is not an impact player.

plays a different game.

Cullen was poor in a Leinster pack that got
duffed up by a Cardiff B team. Mind you, he was still a lot
better than Devin "The Irish Luke Charteris" Toner. I also
just love how it's the wingers' fault that Sexton took
all the room up and then passed three yards from touch
with three defenders on Earls, repeatedly passed into touch
or behind McFadden - two games in a row, now - or refused
to pass to Fitzgerald or Earls on more than one occasion
when they were clear and begging for the ball, instead
choosing to cut back into the defence. No, no, all the fault
of those naughty wingers, that's why Johnny isn't looking a
world-beater. God give me strength; it's only Tuesday and
there's a whole bloody week of this to come. smileys/rolleyes.gif

.... give me a break... watch the re runs of the moves
and you might see what i mean. i didnt think i had to
explain every bit of the move i was on about... but i will
say one thing... think of the type of tries Bowe scores for
Ireland ? coming in from the wing against the grain ofthe
drifting defence? ring a bell... . McFadden who has only
played 6 or so games on the wing in his career, just doesnt
have the experience in that position to be improvise.... a
very good player but not a winger. Thats all i was pointing
out..... one can critique the wingers without defending
Sexton.

Bowe has also done very well from cross field kicks from
that other outhalf, you know he one, the HEC player of the
last fifteen years who we don't pick.

NotreDameRFC
22nd-February-2011, 11:33
That is also true... and i well aware of that..seen him lots of times to that...sure we can bring back Shaggy too... he caught plenty of them from ROG.

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 12:28
Stringer has been called up as cover for TOL again.

p.s. I'd expect he'll be spat out in much the same way as last time too.

LeinsterNeilBoston
22nd-February-2011, 12:39
Stringer has been called up as
cover for TOL again.p.s. I'd expect he'll be sHat out in much
the same way as last time too.

Fixed that for you

Point
22nd-February-2011, 12:43

It's a pisstake at this stage, to make excuses for TOL.

the park
22nd-February-2011, 13:03
sorry

just seen about stringer oo the munster rugby site.

its a disgrace the way he is been treated.

hesholud staydown inmuster and show his real classas usual witha great team.

it make me soangrywith the whole irish rugby set up.

Patman
22nd-February-2011, 13:08
What do you mean 'stay' down in Munster? Is he not being paid by IRFU too?

the park
22nd-February-2011, 13:10
just saying Patman that he is being used totally,its becoming a joke at this stage i think anyway.

Patman
22nd-February-2011, 13:15
I absolutely agree. He missed out on the Treviso game in Italy because he was called up for Ireland and still didn't even get to play.

It is a disgrace and he must be gutted but he is a pro. He would always be my first chooice.

the park
22nd-February-2011, 13:17
ok

Point
22nd-February-2011, 13:24

No, he no longer has an IRFU contract.

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 13:27

Maybe at 33 he should tell Ireland Inc. "get bent"?

Ruck
22nd-February-2011, 13:29

No, he no longer has an IRFU contract.Maybe at 33 he should tell Ireland Inc. "get bent"?
Or maybe, as an Irish citizen, he's proud to represent his country whenever the opportunity comes his way.

Patman
22nd-February-2011, 13:29

But, is he not still getting paid by IRFU!!!

Stringer9
22nd-February-2011, 13:30
He's not going to play on the weekend, but because of DK, yet again, he'll miss the Munster game, so he'll waste his time on the Irish scene and be told he's not needed at the last minute, but too late to join up with Munster. DK is really taking the piss. The way things are going, Strings really must have done something to piss him off. It's beyond a joke, and a shocking way to treat a player.

I guess on the upside it gives Munster another chance to play a different SH, giving one of them more needed experience.

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 13:33

No, he no longer has an IRFU contract.Maybe at 33 he should tell Ireland Inc. "get bent"?

Or maybe, as an Irish citizen, he's proud to represent his country whenever the opportunity comes his way.

The issue is he's getting royally messed around, and ends up representing nobody.

jeepers
22nd-February-2011, 13:36
It could also be to do with the league position of Leinster who need Boss at the moment to help them make the playoffs.

Munster don't have any must win games and also have a couple of decent SHs to keep the home fires burning.

Ruck
22nd-February-2011, 13:37

Or maybe, as an Irish citizen, he's proud to represent his country whenever the opportunity comes his way.The issue is he's getting royally messed around, and ends up representing nobody.

No he's not. Ireland, the most important team on this island are rightly covering all their bases.
If he felt he was being messed around, he could tell them to go jump, as he's not contracted to them.
He's aware that he has a CHANCE of again representing his country and he's gladly going with that.

The issue here is that many people now care more for Munster than they do for Ireland and they're sick of losing players to the international setup.

Jorm
22nd-February-2011, 13:37

Point as someone who knows Stringer personally (so its been said on here) im sure you know why he's not in the mix in the Ireland squad at the moment!

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 13:53
No he's not. Ireland, the most important team on this island are rightly covering all their bases.

If he felt he was being messed around, he could tell them to go jump, as he's not contracted to them.

He's aware that he has a CHANCE of again representing his country and he's gladly going with that.

The issue here is that many people now care more for Munster than they do for Ireland and they're sick of losing players to the international setup.

Oh yes he is! smileys/biggrin.gif

He got no game time the France/Treviso w/e, and the same might easily happen again this w/e.

He's 3rd/4th choice for Ireland at this point.

On your last point I agree, and it's especially galling when any player misses both international and provincial games because of providing injury cover.

sledger2003
22nd-February-2011, 14:01

its a bit of a joke that Pete is being treated like this.. especially considering his current form.

Jackie Brown
22nd-February-2011, 14:11
The issue is TOL is centrally contracted, unlike Pete. This means that the IRFUin orderto get value for money, will always pick TOL ahead fo Stringer irrespective of form.

People talk about an Ulster quota, I think it is far more likely that Kidney has to stick with a central contract quota. It's not a level playing field out there!

99_oK?
22nd-February-2011, 14:25
The issue is TOL is centrally contracted, unlike Pete. This means that the IRFUin orderto maintain their grip, will always pick TOL ahead fo Stringer irrespective of form.

People talk about an Ulster quota, I think it is far more likely that Kidney has to stick with a central contract quota. It's not a level playing field out there!

If you're correct on that Jackie, then we can thank the blazers in the IRFU (&amp; the rigid, ludicrous system they have thrust upon the team)again for being down the table in current 6N standings instead of joint leaders with England. We have become a joke in player circles in the 6N right now; I would expect quite a few more to follow Mushy. At least he'll get picked to perform with Sale- and he'll be expected to deliver too. All as it should be.

Within our international teamwe see players not performing and still being picked week after week. Bad and all as Dumper can be, at least he's showing some consistency and nod towards form in his selections (even if he has gotten some wrong).

So is Trimble also on an IRFU contract or is he on an Ulster contract?We know Best and PaddyWallace are centrally contracted.

BTW, fixed your comment above.... smileys/wink.gif

Balla Boy
22nd-February-2011, 14:29

I'd agree with most of that post, Ruck, but not this part. I think most here (myself included) would be delighted if Stringer got the call up.

I don't think it's over sensitive to see the treatment of him as odd.

soccer rules
22nd-February-2011, 14:30
ROG has to start, let him hit the 1000 point mark in style unlike the way he was treated for his 100th cap. he is 13 points off the magic number, which is a number that will probably never be matched by an irish player in any of our life times.

soccer rules
22nd-February-2011, 14:37
my team:

fitz, bowe, BOD, wallace, earls, rog, stringer, heaslip, wally, sob, POC, DOC, ross, cronin, court. replacements: buckley, best, MOD, leamy, tol, sexton, trimble

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 14:39

I'd agree with most of that post, Ruck, but not this part. I think most here (myself included) would be delighted if Stringer got the call up.

I don't think it's over sensitive to see the treatment of him as odd.

I'll add to that if I may.

Yes I agree many would be delighted if Strings got more Irish caps. He's a fine player. Many would be delighted to see him playing for us on Sunday in Italy. The issue is when (as happened recently and is likely happen this w/e again) he doesn't get any game.

slipper1
22nd-February-2011, 14:46
Whoever starts at outhalf I couldn't care less tbh, the problems are in other positions but I do think O'Gara would be better suitedto playScotland in a horses for courses selection. What I do want to see is if it isn't going right for whicheverouthalf starts, whoever is on the bench is brought on early enough to change things around.

Munsterboy
22nd-February-2011, 16:06
Whoever starts at outhalf I couldn't care less tbh, the problems are in other positions but I do think O'Gara would be better suitedto playScotland in a horses for courses selection. What I do want to see is if it isn't going right for whicheverouthalf starts, whoever is on the bench is brought on early enough to change things around.

And if we're going to try to play a running game, it would also be nice if we picked a scrum half who'd suit it.

Cpt_Munster
22nd-February-2011, 16:25
Whoever starts at
outhalf I couldn't care less tbh, the problems are in other
positions but I do think O'Gara would be better suited*to
play*Scotland in a horses for courses selection. What I do
want to see is if it isn't going right for whichever*outhalf starts,
whoever is on the bench is brought on early enough to change
things around.

And if we're going to try to play a running game, it would
also be nice if we picked a scrum half who'd suit it.

Guess its TOL so. He has the best running game of the lot. smileys/wink.gif

lactose intolerant
22nd-February-2011, 17:13

He got no game time the France/Treviso w/e, and the same might easily happen again this w/e.

On your last point I agree, and it's especially galling when any player misses both international and provincial games because of providing injury cover.

you're hardly advocating gametime are you?? smileys/cool.gif

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 17:15

He's 33 Larry. Well over 24.

lactose intolerant
22nd-February-2011, 17:25

He's 33 Larry. Well over 24.

your point being? your complaint was simply that he got no gametime the France/Treviso weekend!!

does your over 24 rule extend to Duncan, the main benificiary of Stringers situation, who i'm pretty sure is over 24....?

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 18:52
Under 24 rule is from the florid mind of Scotty dude.

lactose intolerant
22nd-February-2011, 19:11
aye but i'm talking about you advocating gametime to Stringer, seemingly for no reason other than to give him gametime, which is something you regularly rail against

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 19:17
aye but i'm talking about you advocating gametime to Stringer, seemingly for no reason other than to give him gametime, which is something you regularly rail against

No I want him play because he's Munster's best 9.

Thomond78
22nd-February-2011, 19:20
No he's not. Ireland, the most important team on this island
are rightly covering all their bases.
If he felt he was being messed around, he could tell them
to go jump, as he's not contracted to them.
He's aware that he has a CHANCE of again representing his
country and he's gladly going with that.

The issue here is that many people now care more for
Munster than they do for Ireland and they're sick of losing
players to the international setup.Oh yes he is!
smileys/biggrin.gifHe got no game time the France/Treviso w/e, and the
same might easily happen again this w/e. He's 3rd/4th
choice for Ireland at this point.On your last point I agree,
and it's especially galling when any player misses both
international and provincial games because of providing
injury cover. *you're hardly advocating gametime
are you?? smileys/cool.gifHe's 33 Larry. Well over
24.your point being? your complaint was simply
that he got no gametime the France/Treviso weekend!!does
your over 24 rule extend to Duncan, the main benificiary of
Stringers situation, who i'm pretty sure is over 24....?

So: Stringer - 33 - plays for IRELAND.

AND: Williams, as a result, plays for MUNSTER.

THESE cows are small.

THESE cows are far away...

smileys/lol.gif

lactose intolerant
22nd-February-2011, 19:28

No I want him play because he's Munster's best 9.

is he??

on the evidence of this season, i would suggest Murray has been the best performer at SH, followed by Duncan!! then Stringer, then TOL!!

mind you Murray gave a MOM performance and then got dumped!! Duncan outplayed the Aus No.2, at least he's getting some more opportunities!!

lactose intolerant
22nd-February-2011, 19:30
Thomond, Stringer didn't play for Ireland, hence MR's frustration!!

Thomond78
22nd-February-2011, 19:41
Thomond, Stringer didn't play for
Ireland, hence MR's frustration!!

Mods, that sarcasm light has gone again...

lactose intolerant
22nd-February-2011, 19:56
Thomond, Stringer didn't play for

Ireland, hence MR's frustration!!

Mods, that sarcasm light has gone again...

curiouser and curiouser.....i'm horrifically confused

Mebawsa Ritchie
22nd-February-2011, 19:59
Thomond, Stringer didn't play for Ireland, hence MR's frustration!!

I can speak for myself thanks Larry smileys/biggrin.gif

born to hula
22nd-February-2011, 20:38
Having a gander at the photos (http://bit.ly/eFfC8M) from training today, I think the team is the
same with Bowe in for McFadden and ROG to start?

Also, so much for Fla making it back for this game. He's had another set back with his calf apparently. I think
you could probably rule out seeing him in the rest of the 6N.

OhGreatOne
23rd-February-2011, 02:08
Having a gander at the photos (http://bit.ly/eFfC8M) from training today, I think the team is the
same with Bowe in for McFadden and ROG to start?

Also, so much for Fla making it back for this game. He's had another set back with his calf apparently. I think
you could probably rule out seeing him in the rest of the 6N.

If ROG starts, (and he should) it would make sense to alsogive Redden a start and see how well he and ROG link up together against Int'l opposition. I think that'sour only potential 9-10 combo on the present squadthat's been untested to date. Stringer off the bench at the 50' - 60' mark...

torchjoe
23rd-February-2011, 07:19
Anyone any idea where the Ireland team are staying? Making the trip over at the weekend and would love to call in and see are the lads around Saturday.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 07:55
According to Gerry Thornley (he's usually spot on):

IRELAND (probable): Fitzgerald; Bowe, O’Driscoll, D’Arcy, Earls; O’Gara, O’Leary; Healy, Best, Ross, O’Callaghan, O’Connell, O’Brien, D Wallace, Heaslip. Replacements: Cronin, Court, Cullen, Leamy, Reddan, Sexton, P Wallace.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 07:56
So Sexton is dropped for ROG (in a fair but tight call) and O'Leary keeps his place despite his poor form?

the park
23rd-February-2011, 08:00
So there we are againno stringer,well done to rog if this is so,but darcy still there,its just getworse and worse.smileys/sad.gif

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 08:04
I honestly didn't think Kidney would drop Sexton as he's clearly going to be the out half for the World Cup, but I suppose it's seen as a rotation rather than him being 'droppped'.

Benji
23rd-February-2011, 08:16
According to Gerry Thornley (he's usually spot on):

IRELAND (probable): Fitzgerald; Bowe, O’Driscoll, D’Arcy, Earls; O’Gara, O’Leary; Healy, Best, Ross, O’Callaghan, O’Connell, O’Brien, D Wallace, Heaslip. Replacements: Cronin, Court, Cullen, Leamy, Reddan, Sexton, P Wallace.

Ya Gerry usually get the team info right. Kidney is a joke. He talks about squad and then sticks to what he knows best. And why have Sexton and Wallace to cover 10 on the bench. Wallace can really only cover 12 .

Any of the players that have made the breakthrough did it because of injuries to others. Total lack of vision, trust and squad development. His eddie mark two.

If Hayes was fit he would have him on the bench.

Darcy and Bod were and still are a great parthnership but Ireland needs options the same with Doc and Poc.

Mcfadden should have gone to 12

Court on to see what he can do.

Cronin - Long term will be Irish no

Kidney isnt doing himself any favours and when he leaves its going to be hard to repair the damage. Has he not learned anything about the failure of squad development and bringing in new players from the Munster situation.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 08:19
Kidney to give O'Gara the nod

AFTER acknowledging yesterday that confidence and communication issues are hindering their progress, Ireland could be ready to turn to the match-winning abilities of Ronan O'Gara for Sunday's crucial Six Nations clash with Scotland.

Coach Declan Kidney names his side to travel to Edinburgh at lunchtime today and may look to the 105-cap veteran to provide the winning ingredient following their narrow defeat to France. Jonathan Sexton has usurped O'Gara as first-choice out-half over the past two seasons, but while the Leinster man performed well against Italy and France, O'Gara's superb form has made a compelling case for inclusion.

The 33-year-old could be one of only two changes, with Tommy Bowe expected to return to the right wing following his recovery from a knee injury. Scrum-half Tomas O'Leary continues to experience problems with his back, so Peter Stringer was called into the squad.

And while Ireland said Stringer and Eoin Reddan are both "in contention," they are confident O'Leary will be fit.

O'Gara and Bowe would increase the experience and vocal levels, and backs coach Alan Gaffney yesterday admitted that communication and confidence have become major issues, manifesting themselves in a high error count.

"We've got to communicate a lot better," said the Australian. "We don't talk much. We've got to get guys out there to stand up, be accountable, chat, communicate and make the game easier for each other.

"You can't just rely on a 10 to make the decision to kick," added Gaffney, referring to Sexton's game management against France. "There were other backs there and nobody said a hell of a lot. There is an anxiousness there. Coughing up ball in training seems to be transferring to the pitch and that was a concentration thing, and that's all it can be.

"We're not getting the results because we're not executing well enough, but if we go out there and perform and get that result, confidence levels will rise enormously."

Scotland also name their team today with Chris Paterson expected to start at full-back and Mike Blair to form the half-back combination with Ruaridh Jackson.

IRELAND (possible) -- L Fitzgerald; T Bowe, B O'Driscoll (capt), G D'Arcy, K Earls; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; C Healy, R Best, M Ross; D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell; S O'Brien, D Wallace, J Heaslip.

- Hugh Farrelly

Irish Independent

McCloud
23rd-February-2011, 08:34
irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 10:22

Robinson calls for 'Scottish pride'

Scotland's head coach Andy Robinson during a training session this week at Murrayfield, Edinburgh. Photograph: Kenny Smith/PA Wire.Six Nations: Scotland have made seven changes in personnel and a further positional switch for Sunday’s Six Nations Championship clash with Ireland at Murrayfield. Head coach Andy Robinson has urged his team to “restore the pride in all Scotland supporters” after the disappointing 6-24 defeat to Wales.

He declared: “We have made changes with a view to securing our first win of the competition and giving our supporters the lift that they deserve. We know that Ireland will bring their own distinct physicality and guile to Murrayfield on Sunday and it is up to our squad to front up to that challenge.

“We must play with belief and eliminate the mistakes which have bedevilled us in our opening two games and we must produce a performance that restores the pride in all Scotland supporters.”

From the team that lost to Wales at Murrayfield earlier this month, Hugo Southwell and Joe Ansbro had already been ruled out through injury.

Also omitted are halfbacks Dan Parks and Rory Lawson, tighthead prop Euan Murray, lock Nathan Hines and number eight Richie Vernon.

In comes Chris Paterson, Scotland’s most capped player Chris Paterson, alongside

Sean Lamont and Ruaridh Jackson, who will be making his first start for Scotland this campaign to win his fourth cap.

Mike Blair, Moray Low and the rejuvenated Richie Gray, who missed the Welsh game through illness, also feature. Gray’s Glasgow team-mate Johnnie Beattie, who has recovered from shoulder surgery and whose try was a feature of Scotland’s victory over Ireland at Croke Park last year, also feature in the newlook side.

The positional switch sees Nick De Luca move from inside centre to wear the number 13 shirt. On the bench Geoff Cross and Simon Danielli are involved in a Scotland matchday 22 for the first time this year.

Kick-off at Murrayfield on Sunday is 3pm.

Scotland team (v Ireland): Chris Paterson (Edinburgh), Nikki Walker (Ospreys), Nick De Luca (Edinburgh), Sean Lamont (Scarlets), Max Evans (Glasgow Warriors), Ruaridh Jackson (Glasgow Warriors), Mike Blair (Edinburgh), Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh), Ross Ford (Edinburgh), Moray Low (Glasgow Warriors), Richie Gray (Glasgow Warriors), Alastair Kellock (Glasgow Warriors) (C), Kelly Brown (Saracens), Johnnie Beattie (Glasgow Warriors), John Barclay (Glasgow Warriors).

Replacements: Scott Lawson (Gloucester), Geoff Cross (Edinburgh), Nathan Hines (Leinster), Richie Vernon (Glasgow Warriors), Rory Lawson (Gloucester), Dan Parks (Cardiff Blues), Simon Danielli (Ulster).

23rd-February-2011, 09:02
What did McFadden do wrong to get dropped from the panel?

Kidney = Cooder MkII smileys/sad.gif

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 09:08
I can't see the benefit of having P Wallace on the bench instead of McFadden.

Dowlinz
23rd-February-2011, 09:19

Bowe has to come back, McFadden has to make way. Undecided between earls and Trimble.

I think Sexton has to go, ROG is arguably the 2nd best 10 in the world when he's in the zone and he's certainly there at the moment. Maybe partner him with Reddan, a point made in the Indo was those two could wind up playing in the world cup and have had very little gametime together.

Otherwise same team as before. If Ferris or Flannery are somehow fit then SOB and Best to make way but chances are we won't see either of them this 6N.

Looks like DK is going to do exactly what I wanted. happy days. smileys/lol.gif

tmunster
23rd-February-2011, 10:27
as previously said, what is the point of having P wallce on the bench, he can only cover centre and out half but we have 2 already in the 22!!. If Earls, Bowe or Fitz get injured we are screwed. McFadden could have covered back 3 positons and centre.

Cowboy
23rd-February-2011, 10:33
Sweaties picked a big big backline. They'll be trying to bump
Darcy all day long. Slugfest ahead, hopefully we wont pick up
any injuries, but if we did at least we'd see a little more
experimentation.

99_oK?
23rd-February-2011, 10:37
If that's the selection then we may have to plan for Brive without RoG. The Scottish b-row will be all over whoever ToL eventually decides to shovel the ball to. And we know the Scots aren't shy about getting their hits in. It'll be Glencoe, Culloden and the battle of Clontarf all rolled into one.

From what we know of Kidney's recent habits it was always likely that McFadden would drop to the bench, but he will be needed to cover centre or back 3. If Paddy W is benching can we expect a few more blood subs?

What's the weather forecast? A game we might find difficult to win.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 10:40
If that's the selection then we may have to plan for Brive without RoG. The Scottish b-row will be all over whoever ToL eventually decides to shovel the ball to. And we know the Scots aren't shy about getting their hits in. It'll be Glencoe, Culloden and the battle of Clontarf all rolled into one.

From what we know of Kidney's recent habits <S&#079;NG>it was always likely that McFadden would drop to the bench, but he will be needed to cover centre or back 3.</S&#079;NG> If Paddy W is benching can we expect a few more blood subs?

What's the weather forecast? A game we might find difficult to win.

?

If Gerry Thornley is right then McFadden isn't in the 22 at all...

slipper1
23rd-February-2011, 10:47
as previously said, what is the point of having P wallce on the bench, he can only cover centre and out half but we have 2 already in the 22!!. If Earls, Bowe or Fitz get injured we are screwed. McFadden could have covered back 3 positons and centre.

since when does common sense come into it ? Ireland v All Blacks 2008 there was no cover for lock with both Ferris and Jennings benching. O'Connell had to go off injured and Ferris came on and played lock with a backrow of Quinlan, Wallace and Heaslip.

France v Ireland 2010 - Earls started on the wing and ended up at fullback when Kearney went off injured in the first half and Paddy Wallace came on in the center.

tmunster
23rd-February-2011, 11:10

since when does common sense come into it ? Ireland v All Blacks 2008 there was no cover for lock with both Ferris and Jennings benching. O'Connell had to go off injured and Ferris came on and played lock with a backrow of Quinlan, Wallace and Heaslip.

France v Ireland 2010 - Earls started on the wing and ended up at fullback when Kearney went off injured in the first half and Paddy Wallace came on in the center.

you'd have thought Kidney would have learned something from that so!

the park
23rd-February-2011, 11:17
Just wonderingwould it possible for Stringer if not namedon the bench,when o-leary is fit and redden cover,to play for munster sunday or whenever,if not there should be a rule allowing this.

bakkushan
23rd-February-2011, 11:18
Reddan In!

http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/22353.php

IRELAND Team &amp; Replacements (v Scotland, 2011 RBS 6 Nations Championship, Murrayfield, Sunday, February 27, kick-off 3.00pm):

15 - Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock College/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O’Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Keith Earls (Thomond/Munster)
10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
9 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:
16 - Sean Cronin (Buccaneers/Connacht)
17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
18 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)
19 - Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster)
20 - Peter Stringer (Shannon/Munster)
21 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
22 - Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)

NotreDameRFC
23rd-February-2011, 11:20
Scottish back row have a nice channel to target with Reddan and ROG!!

king
23rd-February-2011, 11:21
JEBUS PFW still at 22, why??????????????

Bosco
23rd-February-2011, 11:23
Seean Cronin and Leo Cullen should be starting smileys/sad.gif

skinnyryan
23rd-February-2011, 11:23
Bowe, Rog & Reddan all start.
Justice for Rog, Stringer on the bench.

Rabb1tts Jump
23rd-February-2011, 11:32
So, Sexton and McFadden are the reasons we lost to France.

Hawkeye
23rd-February-2011, 11:33
Had to start with ROG. Just dont understand why Strings is not
playing.

Random_punter
23rd-February-2011, 11:36

playing.

Stringer and ROG on at the same time might make us a bit suspect defensively. Strings will come on at 60 mins or so with Sexton I'd guess.

McCloud
23rd-February-2011, 11:39
playing.

Stringer and ROG on at the same time might make us a bit suspect defensively. Strings will come on at71 mins or so with Sexton I'd guess.

Fixed that for you. There must be some agreement drawn up that unless it's an injury the Irish bench only gets a max of 10 minutes on the field...

munsterbouy
23rd-February-2011, 11:39
Paddy Wallace, sweet jesus !!!! what McFadden do wrong

moritz
23rd-February-2011, 11:42
I think Kidney is looking at it this way , if we are to be rated a "decent team" then we should be able to make changes and beat a team of Scotland's stature (no disrespect intended).

NotreDameRFC
23rd-February-2011, 11:43
Paddy Wallace, sweet jesus !!!! what McFadden do wrong

Agreed , he can cover 12, which is a nessessity given Darcys indifferent Irish form and 14 ( given Bowe's injury) and 11.

Seems to be no logic in having PW on the bench,

Imagine Darcy has another poor game and PW comes on @ 12 and we already have ROG and Reddan in that area for defence!!!!smileys/sad.gif

BOD and Wally are going to have a busy daysmileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

Upfront_1979
23rd-February-2011, 11:45
Mcfadden should be starting at 12.

Other than that team is OK with me as long as following happens

Cronin gets at least 20 mins

Cullen gets 15-20 mins

Court gets 15-20 mins.

We need to see what these guys can bring to the world cup andit will probably be a very physical match so we will need fresh legs.

Be nice to see stringer and sexton get 15-20 as well but doubt it will happen.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 11:45
So is Kidney going to say that TOL can't play because of his back or will he say he dropped him...?

Luimneach
23rd-February-2011, 11:58
Darce at 12 must be undroppable what happens if there is an injury ?

Charco
23rd-February-2011, 11:59
So is Kidney going to say that TOL can't
play because of his back or will he say he dropped him...?

The back, of course smileys/wink.gif

Robinson must be fuming inside at Murray. The Scots need to
win this game and their top prop won't play because of his
beliefs.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 12:05

beliefs.

I'm guessing his place in heaven is more important to him than his place on the Scotland team.

munsterbouy
23rd-February-2011, 12:06

Paddy Wallace comes in and we get hammered, simples

the park
23rd-February-2011, 12:08
Think this should be the last chance for darcy,if hehas another bad game( 3 from 3) then its time for himto be dropped, and get on with thesix nations until he is up to scratch again,he was and mabye still is a great player but not right now.

Hugonaut
23rd-February-2011, 12:10

beliefs.

Murray is not his top prop anymore. He has looked like a bag of sh*te in the last two games he played for Scotland. Getting abused by Tom Domingo is one thing, getting owned by Craig James [or whoever the second-string Welsh LH is] is entirely another.

He doesn't look like his heart is in it at all anymore, and he also seems to have lost a good bit of size. I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits with pro rugby soon enough.

overthehillprop
23rd-February-2011, 12:12

to be fair it's not like D'Arcy's defense has been top notch lately and wasn't it Morrison who ran over, through and round him for fun in last years game.

munsterbouy
23rd-February-2011, 12:16

to be fair it's not like D'Arcy's defense has been top notch lately and wasn't it Morrison who ran over, through and round him for fun in last years game.

I hope I am wrong but I can't see Paddy Wallace doing much better to be honest would rather see McFadden on the bench.

slipper1
23rd-February-2011, 12:24

I hope I am wrong but I can't see Paddy Wallace doing much better to be honest would rather see McFadden on the bench.

He hasn't been doing much for Ulster lately. It's all a bit pointless really, he must hold some kindof record for the 22 jersey.Deccie dosen't use him even when D'arcy has a shocker, I don't get it to be honest.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 12:26
He's basically saying 'Paddy, I don't tihnk you're good enough to start, but I trust you enough tothrow you in for the last ten mins if someone gets injured'.

Mack the Knife
23rd-February-2011, 12:33
GUBU smileys/shock.gif

mtcmolloy
23rd-February-2011, 12:35
fadden should be 12. trimble should be 22. TRimble can make some impact at least. A big strong fast player, can cover all three quarters... it's an ass to pick wallace. just doesn't add up, unless both trimble and Mcfadden are injured.

A number of players are getting a raw deal.
It contrasts strongly with Eng where guys like ashton are thrown in , and they prosper.

99_oK?
23rd-February-2011, 12:41
Team much as expected, but with a few exceptions: Firstly, I didn't expect Tol to be dropped completely (I don 't care how it's worded - he was OK to train yesterday, so the spasm stuff is just b**lsh*t). But I'm not sure how RoG will work with Reddan; would have preferred Sexton for this game just because they know each other better from Leinster. Delighted that Stringere has got some recoignition. We'll see how it goes.

As expected Bowe in for McFadden, but dropping McFadden completely is crazy. The guy played well, can cover most spots and has the physical presence to stand up to the Scots. I fear we may get overrun in the middle of the park and we really don't have anyone to spring from the bench in the event that Reddan, RoG and D'Arce are being steamrolled. D'Arce especially needs a big game; let's hope it's there.

As regards the game, and especially the subs: Court, Cronin and Plug must get some decent time on the park (min 20 mins). Would be nice to see Strings and Sexton also get a decent run. We really don't have anyoneelse to spring.

Hopefully a good win, but expect fireworks from the Scots from the off. Won't be easy.

BPH1
23rd-February-2011, 12:53
People whinging about Wallacesmileys/c&#111;nfused.gifHe deserves his place in the '22' ahead of D'arce, who shouldn't be near the side after his abysmal 6N so far. He should be at 12 with McFadden on the bench.

tickettout
Should have been Reddan/Sexton. That's the partnership that has been flying in the HEC for Leinster.

Makes no sense having these two paired and then having Sexton suffering TOL.

Congrats to Rory Best who is set to win his 45th Token cap. Anyone think it would be a nice gesture if they let him lead out the team on Sunday?

El Homerino
Can we all agree now that Deccie doesnt have a clue what he is at? Why have Wallace on the bench and no recognised winger as cover when McFadden has been great all year(and i am a fan of Wallace) Also, why not give Reddan and Sexton the chance to play together, you know because they'r prity familiar with eachother for one reason or another smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif.

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 12:55
I love the way he also lets his favourites play their way into form(Earls), where if it is anyone else (Trimble) one average performance and you're out.

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 12:58
Should have been Reddan/Sexton. That's the partnership that has been flying in the HEC for Leinster.

Makes no sense having these two paired and then having Sexton suffering TOL.

Congrats to Rory Best who is set to win his 45th Token cap. Anyone think it would be a nice gesture if they let him lead out the team on Sunday?

He should be giving Cronin a run alright, but Id have money on that he has already decided it is Best and Flannery going to the World Cup, without even willing to accept Fla could be crocked. Im beginnig to wonder if the man has a brain at all

Tobyglen
23rd-February-2011, 13:01
Rory Best starting is ridiculous, he offers zero impact for
this
more expansive game we are trying to play.
Darcy has cost us a tilt at the Grand Slam, no doubt about
it,
his constant fumbling has stopped the team gathering any
momentum in both games. What kind of a signal is this
ending
out? This is the undroppables of EOS all over again.
McFadden
should be playing 12. Darcy has got destroyed at
international level in the last year, Morrison had a field day
against him last season. Granted offer him a chance to
redeem himself after the Italy game but he was just as
poor. That tackle cost us the match.

Thomond78
23rd-February-2011, 13:03
So is Kidney going
to say that TOL can't

Robinson must be fuming inside at Murray. The Scots need
to
beliefs.

Murray is not his top prop anymore. He has
looked like a bag of sh*te in the last two games he played
for Scotland. Getting abused by Tom Domingo is one thing,
getting owned by Craig James [or whoever the second-
string Welsh LH is] is entirely another. He doesn't look like
his heart is in it at all anymore, and he also seems to have
lost a good bit of size. I wouldn't be surprised if he called it
quits with pro rugby soon enough.

As well as that, his charge-bore-drop method has been
rumbled, and people now know that, absent being allowed
do that, he's pretty mediocre as a scrummager.

Big Wee Moray is getting better and better, and has a lot of
ticker. I reckon he'll go far.

munstergirl
23rd-February-2011, 13:03
I like Frankie Sheahans analysis on the team here http://frontrow.ie/blog/?p=280 (http://fr&#111;ntrow.ie/blog/?p=280)

dropkick
23rd-February-2011, 13:04
I hope they're going to continue playing expansively and they
can do damage against the Scots if things click. The 2 week
break should be enough to iron out the problem of giving
away penalties. The handling is a different matter.

tickettout
Rory Best starting is ridiculous, he offers zero impact for this
Darcy has cost us a tilt at the Grand Slam, no doubt about it,
momentum in both games. What kind of a signal is this ending
out? This is the undroppables of EOS all over again. McFadden
should be playing 12.

It's EOS mark 2. Everyone knows the team that will start the w/c if everyone is fit

Kearney Bowe BOD Darcy Earls Sexton TOL Heaslip Wallace Ferris POC DOC Ross Fla Healy

Hugonaut
So is Kidney going

to say that TOL can't

Robinson must be fuming inside at Murray. The Scots need

to

beliefs.

Murray is not his top prop anymore. He has

looked like a bag of sh*te in the last two games he played

for Scotland. Getting abused by Tom Domingo is one thing,

getting owned by Craig James [or whoever the second-

string Welsh LH is] is entirely another. He doesn't look like

his heart is in it at all anymore, and he also seems to have

lost a good bit of size. I wouldn't be surprised if he called it

quits with pro rugby soon enough.

As well as that, his charge-bore-drop method has been

rumbled, and people now know that, absent being allowed

do that, he's pretty mediocre as a scrummager.

Big Wee Moray is getting better and better, and has a lot of

ticker. I reckon he'll go far.

He also has the biggest noggin in international rugby. Haven't seen a bigger cranium since the days of Owen Finnegan.

Aussiedub
23rd-February-2011, 13:06
So we want to play a running posession game so you pair the worst passing scrum half with the best running outhalf....and then pair the best overall scrumhalf in terms of passing/running with a kicking outhalf....

You refuse to drop players like DOC/Darcy to play them into form and then drop guys like Sexton/McFadden who aren't out of form....

Mack the Knife
23rd-February-2011, 13:08
I love the way he also lets his favourites play their way into form(Earls), where if it is anyone else (Trimble) one average performance and you're out.

Earls a favourite of Kidneys ? Do you know something the rest of us don't ? One of these most mistreated players after Stringer.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 13:08
I like Frankie Sheahans analysis on the team here http://frontrow.ie/blog/?p=280 (http://fr&#111;ntrow.ie/blog/?p=280)

I'm sorry Mrs. Sheehan, but that article is nothing short of chronic. And it's so badly written too.

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 13:09

Earls a favourite of Kidneys ? Do you know something the rest of us don't ? One of these most mistreated players after Stringer.

And how do you figure this?

Hugonaut
23rd-February-2011, 13:11

Unfortunately Frankie has absolutely filthied his bib with the undeclared vested interests he holds in certain players' careers - his selections of Tomás O'Leary and David Wallace [two clients of his sports representation agency] as 'Man of the Match' when a co-commentator on RTE makes me very dubious about anybody he promotes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sean Cronin ["Also, Sean Cronin deserves a start, not because Rory Best has played
badly but for the same reasons that O’Gara is starting ahead of Sexton."</span>] was another of his protegés.

Cervidave
23rd-February-2011, 13:14

Unfortunately Frankie has absolutely filthied his bib with the undeclared vested interests he holds in certain players' careers - his selections of Tomás O'Leary and David Wallace [two clients of his sports representation agency] as 'Man of the Match' when a co-commentator on RTE makes me very dubious about anybody he promotes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sean Cronin ["Also, Sean Cronin deserves a start, not because Rory Best has played badly but for the same reasons that O’Gara is starting ahead of Sexton."] was another of his protegés.

"The backrow picked itself, but I would like to see Sean O’Brien at number 8 and Jamie Heaslip at 6.
Other low risk combinations I would like to see experimented with are Tommy Bowe in the centre with Brian O’Driscoll. I would also like to see Keith Earls at full back with Luke Fitzgerald and Andrew Trimble making up the back three."

It reads like a6 year old's letter to Santa.

Hugonaut
23rd-February-2011, 13:19
<br style="font-style: italic;">"I would like to see Tomás O'Leary selected, because if he meets his incentives I'll get another four grand out of my percentage."</span>

You said the loud part quiet and the quiet part loud Frankie.

The Spoofer
23rd-February-2011, 13:46
should be playing 12.

It's EOS mark 2. Everyone knows the team that will start the w/c if everyone is fit

Kearney Bowe BOD Darcy Earls Sexton TOL Heaslip Wallace Ferris POC DOC Ross Fla Healy

If "injury" hadnt intervened then Mushy would be in ahead of Ross.

Mebawsa Ritchie
23rd-February-2011, 13:49
"The backrow picked itself, but I would like to see Sean O’Brien at number 8 and Jamie Heaslip at 6.
Other low risk combinations I would like to see experimented with are Tommy Bowe in the centre with Brian O’Driscoll. I would also like to see Keith Earls at full back with Luke Fitzgerald and Andrew Trimble making up the back three."

and/or some of our fully enlightened armchair selectorssmileys/lol.gif

tickettout
23rd-February-2011, 13:55
should be playing 12.

You should be in the f**king bin. You're like the old Dallaglio with the way you're getting away with things around here.

Thomond78
23rd-February-2011, 13:58
Rory Best starting is ridiculous, he
offers zero impact for this more expansive game we are
trying to play. Darcy has cost us a tilt at the Grand Slam,
no doubt about it, his constant fumbling has stopped the
team gathering any momentum in both games. What kind
of a signal is this ending out? This is the undroppables of
EOS all over again. McFadden should be playing

It's EOS mark 2. Everyone knows the team that will
start the w/c if everyone is fit

Kearney Bowe BOD Darcy Earls Sexton TOL Heaslip
Wallace Ferris POC DOC Ross Fla Healy

If "injury" hadnt intervened then Mushy would be in
ahead of Ross.

You should be in the f**king bin. You're like the old
Dallaglio with the way you're getting away with things
around here.

Except the thing about the old Dallaglio was - he read the
game so well he could get away with it.

Argue the point, TT. Give examples, and reasons. Concrete
ones, btw, not just "Oh, Ross is great because pundit X
says so." Show how he's as much better as you clearly
imply, with reference to his international games.

tickettout
23rd-February-2011, 14:04
Rory Best starting is ridiculous, he
offers zero impact for this more expansive game we are
trying to play. Darcy has cost us a tilt at the Grand Slam,
no doubt about it, his constant fumbling has stopped the
team gathering any momentum in both games. What kind
of a signal is this ending out? This is the undroppables of
EOS all over again. McFadden should be playing

It's EOS mark 2. Everyone knows the team that will
start the w/c if everyone is fit

Kearney Bowe BOD Darcy Earls Sexton TOL Heaslip
Wallace Ferris POC DOC Ross Fla Healy

If "injury" hadnt intervened then Mushy would be in
ahead of Ross.

You should be in the f**king bin. You're like the old
Dallaglio with the way you're getting away with things
around here.

Except the thing about the old Dallaglio was - he read the
game so well he could get away with it.

Argue the point, TT. Give examples, and reasons. Concrete
ones, btw, not just "Oh, Ross is great because pundit X
says so." Show how he's as much better as you clearly
imply, with reference to his international games.

I didn't mention anything about Ross.

btw, have you had a chance to listen to the radio coverage of last night's game again? I'm expecting a detailed scrum analysis on my desk by 7pm.smileys/wink.gif

Dowlinz
23rd-February-2011, 14:26
ROG over sexton - Positive change
Reddan starting to familiarise the Rog/Reddan combo - Positive
Bowe back in - Positive

A good team and 3 smart decisions, only possible qualm would be wallace over mcfadden on the bench but your really clutching at straws to criticise based on the bench selection.

Dowlinz
23rd-February-2011, 14:31
So we want to play a running posession game so you pair the worst passing scrum half with the best running outhalf....and then pair the best overall scrumhalf in terms of passing/running with a kicking outhalf....

You refuse to drop players like DOC/Darcy to play them into form and then drop guys like Sexton/McFadden who aren't out of form....

Whats DOC done wrong this campaign? smileys/surprised.gif

Sextons done fine, ROG has done better.
McFadden has done nothing wrong but Bowe is unquestionably oceans ahead of him as a player.

Thats sport, those guys have to deal with it but I certainly don't think they've been mistreated.

Munster10
23rd-February-2011, 14:36
Jesus it would have been 6 Munster players in the first 15 had O'Leary not been injured and possibly 7 had Hayes not gotten injured. And that is while were playing poorly. Just shows how much quality there is in our team that in spite of performances so far this year, we are STILL the backbone and most represented team for Ireland. Hell, if Flannery was fit we'd have 8 players starting.

Dowlinz
23rd-February-2011, 14:39
As regards the game, and especially the subs: Court, Cronin and Plug must get some decent time on the park (min 20 mins). Would be nice to see Strings and Sexton also get a decent run.

Y'know this isn't a friendly where you can just throw whoever on to "see what they've got". It's a 6N match and winning is the priority. Cullen has 26 international caps already he doesn't need game time to be "tested out" or any of this crap.

Bosco
23rd-February-2011, 14:46
Losing to france, and not putting a big score up against Italy
means that the game is now a friendly, Kidney wasted the AIs
to build towards the RWC, he should be using the Scotland
and Wales games to try out players

Dowlinz
23rd-February-2011, 14:47
Jesus it would have been 6 Munster players in the first 15 had O'Leary not been injured and possibly 7 had Hayes not gotten injured. And that is while were playing poorly. Just shows how much quality there is in our team that in spite of performances so far this year, we are STILL the backbone and most represented team for Ireland. Hell, if Flannery was fit we'd have 8 players starting.

To be fair POC, DOC and wallace are the only guaranteed starters for Ireland these days. TOL and Fla are likely starters with Earls and ROG being maybes. Don't think the bull would be involved as a starter any more.

Even still 5 starters is hardly impressive, we had 8 Lions just last summer.

Hugonaut
23rd-February-2011, 14:50

Excellent work. If no-one else is going to say it out loud, I for one am proud of you.

F*ck it, it could have been 9 if Anthony Horgan hadn't retired a couple of years ago.

Dowlinz
23rd-February-2011, 14:51
Losing to france, and not putting a big score up against Italy

and Wales games to try out players

I disagree, its of the utmost importance for team confidence that we win at least 2 of our remaining fixtures and to do that we need to be playing our strongest team possible and not playing people just to give them a go.

Munster10
23rd-February-2011, 14:54

To be fair POC, DOC and wallace are the only guaranteed starters for Ireland these days. TOL and Fla are likely starters with Earls and ROG being maybes. Don't think the bull would be involved as a starter any more.

Even still 5 starters is hardly impressive, we had 8 Lions just last summer.

TOL is definitely a guaranteed starter and as is Flannery when hes come back. I think Kidney has settled on Earls at 11 guaranteed and I think he'll use O'Gara for world cup and is only giving Sexton experience.

Also Hayes would definitely be ahead of Ross. He was ahead of Ross in AI, and he was ahead of Buckley at Munster. Ross wasn't even included in 22s before Hayes' injury and Buckley's fall from grace at Munster.

Tobyglen
23rd-February-2011, 14:59
This is clearly Rory Best's fault. Everything he touches turns to cold. A cooler that would put Sewa to shame.

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 15:01

Jesus that is worrying smileys/redface.gif

99_oK?
23rd-February-2011, 15:05
As regards the game, and especially the subs: Court, Cronin and Plug must get some decent time on the park (min 20 mins). Would be nice to see Strings and Sexton also get a decent run.

Y'know this isn't a friendly where you can just throw whoever on to "see what they've got". It's a 6N match and winning is the priority. Cullen has 26 international caps already he doesn't need game time to be "tested out" or any of this crap - agree.

So why hasn't he been started in this year's 6N? OK, DoC's performance was better against France, but he's still not a great lineout operator. Plug is and we don't have many options in the lineout since Quinny went.

As for the others I mentioned: Healy has been struggling at scrum-time, Court might yet be needed. Best has not been good (esp. throwing); if Cronin is to step up he needs game-time.

Sexton is an acknowledged better runner and distributor; RoG is also excellent but with different attributes.Would it not have made more sense to have paired Sexton with Reddan, but hey, I said 'let's wait and see'.

The other omission I mentioned was McFadden (don't just be picky please... smileys/wink.gif&nbspsmileys/wink.gif. He should have been in the squad at least.

I agree this isn't a run in the park (I haven't seen many others warning against complacency). We know what Scotland can do to any team on their day. They could still win this w-end. I trust not.

Balla Boy
23rd-February-2011, 15:06

Excellent work. If no-one else is going to say it out loud, I for one am proud of you.

F*ck it, it could have been 9 if Anthony Horgan hadn't retired a couple of years ago.

I agree. All this discussion of Kidney's selectionsis old hat. I, for one, am supporting this move to the discussions of selections he hasn't made.

And while we're on that topic, I think the decision that he would probably have made to play Mike Gibson at 12 in place of Darcy shows what a visionary he is.

Bosco
23rd-February-2011, 15:09
Losing to france, and not putting a big score up
against Italy
and Wales games to try out playersI disagree, its of the
utmost importance for team confidence that we win at least 2 of our
remaining fixtures and to do that we need to be playing our strongest
team possible and not playing people just to give them a go.

But players like Cullen, Cronin, and McFadden wont weaken the team.

Ireland have played 6 games this year, with the exception of 10 Min
BOD has played nearly every minute, D'Arcy missed the Samoa
game, and was taken off with 3 min to go against Italy. we have tried
no alternatives. The RWC is too late to try people out

Confidence works both ways, the players that may have to come in if
there are injuries need to have played some meaningful Intl rugby.

How f**ked would we be if we had to pick a midfield of Wallace/Earls
or McFadden/Fitzgerald in the QF against SA?

Tobyglen
23rd-February-2011, 15:12

against Italy

You'd be fairly f**ked alright because you'd be stuck watching that crap in NZ smileys/lol.gif. You better keep your legs crossed that the majority of the first team will stay fit or it's France 2007 all over again.

Hugonaut
23rd-February-2011, 15:12

I agree. All this discussion of Kidney's selectionsis old hat. I, for one, am supporting this move to the discussions of selections he hasn't made.

And while we're on that topic, I think the decision that he would probably have made to play Mike Gibson at 12 in place of Darcy shows what a visionary he is.

Ireland has never had a finer 12 than Gibson, ergo Gibson should start, especially in a must-win game like this. D'Arcy is one for the future. It's simple maths lads.

Balla Boy
23rd-February-2011, 15:13
against Italy

Very. Which is whywe need to dispose of the restrictions of actual selection.

I'm backing a Nonu/Greenwood pairing to see us through the knock outs.

tickettout
23rd-February-2011, 15:13
against Italy

You'd be fairly f**ked alright because you'd be stuck watching that crap in NZ smileys/lol.gif. You better keep your legs crossed that the majority of the first team will stay fit or it's France 2007 all over again.

I'll buy the package off you for a 100 euro Bosco.

You'll enjoy the w/c far more on a stool in Dolans or Clohessy's.

Bosco
23rd-February-2011, 15:26
Cheers TT, but I am going to go regardless, the last time I
was there I hadn't seen Lord of the Rings so a lot of the
country was wasted on me. I have seen LOTRs now

Bosco
23rd-February-2011, 15:29
Very. Which is why*we need to
dispose of the restrictions of actual selection.

I'm backing a Nonu/Greenwood pairing to see us through
the knock outs. *

A more cunning plan would be to have DeVilliers and Fourie

The Spoofer
23rd-February-2011, 15:31
should be playing 12.

You should be in the f**king bin. You're like the old Dallaglio with the way you're getting away with things around here.

Patman and I came to an agreement.

Youre like Mubarak, your days in charge here are numbered asshole (I assume that I'm allowed use that word)

shipstirrer
23rd-February-2011, 15:47
To not have McFadden in the 22 is a joke. Wallace again?
Kidney doesnt even use wallace when hes on the bench.
Disaster. Sooner kidney out the better at this stage.

Benji
23rd-February-2011, 16:01
Who would replace kidney. We have limited resources and he won't
have a look at any new players. His sh""e at developing a squad.
If there were fewer injuries we wouldn't have seen Cronin, McFadden,
Ross or Sean O'Brien playing in the 6 nations.

Carruthers McDaid
23rd-February-2011, 16:23
The Wallace thing is a pisstake. He was always a bench player
to cover 10 (and not very well) and 12, where as McFadden is
far more versatile. Would still like to see sexton
stringer/reddan get a few starts together. Darcy, last chance
saloon. Still a great but the 6 Nations is not the place to re-
discover your confidence.

shipstirrer
23rd-February-2011, 16:23
Who would replace kidney. We have
limited resources and he won't
have a look at any new players. His sh""e at developing a
squad.
If there were fewer injuries we wouldn't have seen Cronin,
McFadden,

Joe Schmidt??
People want to see Ireland play like leinster, kidney isn't
able to provide this.
I seriously believe that the leinster team would take this
irish team to the cleaners. (even without nacewa, hines and
strauss)

slipper1
23rd-February-2011, 16:53

<BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic">"I would like to see Tomás O'Leary selected, because if he meets his incentives I'll get another four grand out of my percentage."

You said the loud part quiet and the quiet part loud Frankie.

Frankie will do a good deal for you if you'd like TOL for entertainment at parties, I hear he's very good.

23rd-February-2011, 17:57
as previously said, what is the point of
having P wallce on the bench, he can only cover centre and
out half but we have 2 already in the 22!!.* If Earls, Bowe or
Fitz get injured we are screwed. McFadden could have
covered* back 3 positons and centre.

Wallace can play 15, d'Arcy can play wing, Earls can switch to
FB, the cover isn't quite as bad as you're suggesting.

overthehillprop
23rd-February-2011, 17:57
Who would replace kidney. We have

limited resources and he won't

have a look at any new players. His sh""e at developing a

squad.

If there were fewer injuries we wouldn't have seen Cronin,

McFadden,

Joe Schmidt??

People want to see Ireland play like leinster, kidney isn't

able to provide this.

I seriously believe that the leinster team would take this

irish team to the cleaners. (even without nacewa, hines and

strauss)

I remember the good old days when Matt Williams name was linked with the Irish job when he was doing well with Leinster. smileys/biggrin.gif

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 18:10
Wallace is terrible at 15, so is Earls. Darcy would make an average winger. This all could have been simpliifed had Kidney pickked McFadden at 22. The man is a complete chube, who bases most of his team selections on loyalty to certain players. Its rediculous, cant belive your suggesting otherwise

RichardP
23rd-February-2011, 18:45
My God but there's a bunch of begrudgers here. If Kidney picked Jesus, Mohammed and Buddha on this team you'd find reasons to complain about him and call him useless, a fool, that he's lost the plot, knows nothing, can't coach, can't sing, can't dance.
Then the players selected are dire, those on the bench vary from being useless to candidates for martyrdom, and those not in the 22 are victims of a devious plot to destroy their careers.
FFS smileys/sad.gif

Late try
23rd-February-2011, 18:54
My God but there's a bunch of begrudgers here. If Kidney picked Jesus, Mohammed and Buddha on this team you'd find reasons to complain about him and call him useless, a fool, that he's lost the plot, knows nothing, can't coach, can't sing, can't dance.
Then the players selected are dire, those on the bench vary from being useless to candidates for martyrdom, and those not in the 22 are victims of a devious plot to destroy their careers.
FFS smileys/sad.gif

Be fair now, - Jesus was all talk, except if the wine ran out; Buddha sat around too much and was well out of condition; Mohammed had serious discipline problems. Better off without them imo.

hooke
23rd-February-2011, 18:55
Poor PW - I 'mean he gets his side initially as cover for 10 and 12 - he can Kick and play 12 adequately (although he has spent so much time on Bench this year thanks to DK he's completely rusty) - along comes McFadden who can play wing, 12 or 13 (perhaps adequately too)and what do you know he can kick also - what does DK do ? Drops McFadden. Go figure - he f**ks up two players with one move - mans a genius.

RichardP
23rd-February-2011, 18:57
FFS smileys/sad.gif

Be fair now, - Jesus was all talk, except if the wine ran out; Buddha sat around too much and was well out of condition; Mohammed had serious discipline problems. Better off without them imo.
smileys/lol.gif Very good....

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 18:57
FFS smileys/sad.gif

Its hardly much to ask for the manager of an International team to make a few rational decisions now and then, is it? Do me a favour and fall off that moral highground like a good lad

RichardP
23rd-February-2011, 19:02
FFS smileys/sad.gif

Its hardly much to ask for the manager of an International team to make a few rational decisions now and then, is it? Do me a favour and fall off that moral highground like a good lad
Do you have a mirror?

The Outlaw
23rd-February-2011, 19:12
Bar Mc Fadden wouldnt have a huge problem with the
seelction. Its not a question of Sexton being dropped. It
makes sense for Kidney to look at his combinations against
a very average side.

However omitting Mc fadden from the 22 for a game we're
likely to win was a bit unfair in my view.

mahoney
23rd-February-2011, 19:15

Easy on there,Agree Mcfadden not even in the 22 is a mystery.Really think it is a missed oppurtinity not to play him at 12 with bod outside.Only other change i would of made is give Cronin a go from the start other than that happy with the team.Ongoing though and especially for the wc we need to develop a new center pairing and consider playing bod at 12 with Earls,Fitz or bowe outside him.Kidney out come on!

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 19:29

Easy on there,Agree Mcfadden not even in the 22 is a mystery.Really think it is a missed oppurtinity not to play him at 12 with bod outside.Only other change i would of made is give Cronin a go from the start other than that happy with the team.Ongoing though and especially for the wc we need to develop a new center pairing and consider playing bod at 12 with Earls,Fitz or bowe outside him.Kidney out come on!

Wouldnt bother me in hte slightest. He's a proven 'places for the mates' coach, a terrible tactician, and on top of everything, a terrible decsion maker (if he makes any decisions at all). Dont think we could to much worse to be honest.

mahoney
23rd-February-2011, 19:38
Agh Jaysus come on will you sure lets go bring cooder back so.He dose make the big decisions rember when he Dropped one of the finest fbs ever to play for munster(champers)for a rookie or to drop strings fora young tol.Give him a few more games the style of rugby we are trying to play right now when it comes off will be good enough to take on the best in the world.I for one am impressed with whathe istrying to do and are progressing along really nicely for the wc.A lot of players have been brought into the set up under his watch eg ross,sob,mclaughlin,earls,Mcfadden etc.Give the man some credit

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 19:43
If it wasnt for injuries, most of those players would have seen zero gametime. My days of giving him credit are long gone. Pure abuse from now on im afraid

mahoney
23rd-February-2011, 19:49
so ross or sob wouldnt of seen any game time come on.Ross was definetely goin to see some game time,Even deccie wouldnt od staid looking at a prop who couldnt lock a scrum Buckley and one who wasnt past it Bull.Sob simply had to see some game time and if all where fit i think wally may of been to one to step aside

sewa
23rd-February-2011, 20:00
If I cared i'd have plenty to say gentlemen. Thankfully I don't. Gwan de ROG smileys/biggrin.gif

El Homerino
23rd-February-2011, 20:03
If Ferris was fit, Sob would've seen a few seconds at the end of a couple of games a la Cullen. Well, hold on, he may have been given a few minutes. Ross should have been looked at in the AI's when it was obvious to every man and his hippopotomous that Ireland's scrum was f**ked. Took Deccy a few extra months though. It still wouldnt suprise me if he brought Hayes to the World Cup

99_oK?
23rd-February-2011, 20:30
Lads, dis is depressin me....... smileys/sad.gif

We limped to a win in our first game, scraped a narrow loss in our second, so what do we do now...?

We re-arrange a few deckchairs on the Titanic (or is it de Lusitania? - 'tis nearer to MP...!)

We have a tough game coming up and we've got one class player re-instated. Another unproven pair 're-united'.

It's not a terrible selection, just that a few opportunities have been lost (again...). McFadden being totally dropped is a travesty though.

-------------------------------

Richard, ease up please. 'tisn't as if Ormond would drop those lads.... smileys/wink.gif

jeepers
23rd-February-2011, 20:44
If it wasnt for injuries, most of those players would have seen zero gametime. My days of giving him credit are long gone. Pure abuse from now on im afraid

Isn't that how most coaches have to operate nowadays as about a 1/4 of your players are going to be injured/suspended at any one time?

We were scraping the bottom of the barrel for the summer tour. Look at both our Fullbacks being injured at the moment.

Allez Les Rouges
23rd-February-2011, 21:16
I dont think it is a bad selection and like others here the selection of Paddy Wallace over McFadden as the utility back replacement is the only strange decision.

Listened to Gerry Thornley on newstalk tonight and certainly he did not see the selection of ROG over Jonny Sexton as Sexton being dropped. We are simply blessed to have two good outhalves and Sexton will learn from his time on the bench. It reminds me of the time number of years ago when Heaslip and O Leary went to the bench and Stringer played from the start. Its called squad rotation. I also think that you cannot have wholesale rotation. See what happened Munster in Treviso!

There is a good argument to have Leo Cullen get meaningful time on the pitch as he looks as though he will be the third second row for the WC and we need to see how he performs at International level. It is some time since he played at this level. Certainly he has the organisational skill and should anything happen our second rows at wC it is important to have depth of cover. We will also have to play some 4 games in three or four weeks so squad rotation even of a limited kind (and not wholesale tinkering) will be essential to compete at the WC.

I would also like to see Cronin getting more than 15 minutes.

But Kidney has made changes -- I accept that Bowe had to come in once fit. We are hard task masters . We want changes and yet we are unhapopy when we get them.He has changed our starting half backs for the third game of the 6N.this is a pivotal area of the team. He needs to ensure that Heaslip and POC continue to get game time after their enforced absences. He is standing by Ross and allowing him to settle in and perhaps he has accepted that Flannery will not make the World Cup and is not going to play in the 6N so he is trying to give confidence to Best by selecting him to start. Best is another who has been out injured. But he does need to give gametime to Cronin to have a back up player in the 2 jersey.

He has stuck with Court in the replacements when he could have considered Mushy after his "man of the match" performance last Friday. But I wont argue with this as Mushy has to show consistency over a series of games.

It is now Reddan's opportunity to show he should be the starting 9. But Stringer may also get an opportunity to show he has something to offer at International level.

Stringer9
23rd-February-2011, 21:51
What does Darcy do in training?
Bowe's back, he was always going to start.
Great to see ROG starting, he deserved it.
TOL glad he was dropped, sorry "injured", Reddan has a chance now, but it'll be all irrelevant.
No matter what Reddan does, he wont start the next game and I very much doubt Stringer will see any game time whatsoever, he might get in the 73rd/74th plus minute, but nothing more than that unless we're absolutely desperate or cruising. But I doubt it.

oilean
24th-February-2011, 09:47
Cant figure out why Mc Fadden isnt left on bench to cover for
injuries/guys playing poorly etc

dropkick
24th-February-2011, 13:16
People are going a bit OTT. They're trying to change the style
and players need a run of games to get used to it. Its not like
Kidney has lots of world class players to choose from. Some
selections I don't agree with, like TOL but even TOL has his
strong points.

Dowlinz
24th-February-2011, 13:23
If Ferris was fit, Sob would've seen a few seconds at the end of a couple of games a la Cullen. .

You act like this would be some sort of grave misjustice. Most rational people would play a trio of Heaslip/Wallace/Ferris if all were fit with SOB on the bench.

Dowlinz
24th-February-2011, 13:28
I dont think it is a bad selection and like others here the selection of Paddy Wallace over McFadden as the utility back replacement is the only strange decision.

Why is selecting a guy with significant experience playing centre as cover over a youngster getting in only his first season getting significant gametime with his club. McFadden was at best functional in the 6N so far, he certainly wasn't impressive or meriting special attention or anything and besides Paddy has done nothing wrong and we still have cover for all positions if we assume Darcy can play wing or Sexton somewhere in the backline.

El Homerino
24th-February-2011, 13:58

Why is selecting a guy with significant experience playing centre as cover over a youngster getting in only his first season getting significant gametime with his club. McFadden was at best functional in the 6N so far, he certainly wasn't impressive or meriting special attention or anything and besides Paddy has done nothing wrong and we still have cover for all positions if we assume Darcy can play wing or Sexton somewhere in the backline.

Deccy?

El Homerino
24th-February-2011, 14:06
If Ferris was fit, Sob would've seen a few seconds at the end of a couple of games a la Cullen. .

You act like this would be some sort of grave misjustice. Most rational people would play a trio of Heaslip/Wallace/Ferris if all were fit with SOB on the bench.

Saying as SOB has been the inform back row in Europe all year, i think most 'rational' people would have found room him in the starting 15. Wallace's stats against Italy were embarassing, they were good against France, a team with s**t defence. Trying to comapre the form of Wallace and SOB this year is laughable, end of story. FERRIS/SOB/HEASLIP should have been the starting backrow in the Autumn internaitonals, but Deccy was yet again giving one of his mates the chance to play himself into form. Ferris being a crock has suited Deccy, now he doeswnt have make a decision

Raging Bullock
24th-February-2011, 14:16
Nonsense Homo.

Wallace has been Munster's best player on numerous high stakes occassions this season. Best forward on the pitch against France amongst highly rated players like O Connell, Heaslip, O Brien, Harrydonkey, Dusatoir et al. He's playing great stuff.

El Homerino
24th-February-2011, 14:30
Nonsense Homo.

Wallace has been Munster's best player on numerous high stakes occassions this season. Best forward on the pitch against France amongst highly rated players like O Connell, Heaslip, O Brien, Harrydonkey, Dusatoir et al. He's playing great stuff.

Sorry 'Bolllix', but i beg to differ. I see people on here waxing lyrical with this speel all the time, but i watch every match Munster play, and he has had an average season so far, bar maybe a few games. We'll see how he gets on for the rest of the tornament. So far he's been atrocious against Italy and great against France. T'will be interesting

The Outlaw
24th-February-2011, 14:56
Nonsense Homo.

Wallace has been Munster's best player on numerous
high stakes occassions this season. Best forward on the
pitch against France amongst highly rated players like O
Connell, Heaslip, O Brien, Harrydonkey, Dusatoir et al. He's
playing great stuff.

Sorry 'Bolllix', but i beg to differ. I see people on here
waxing lyrical with this speel all the time, but i watch every
match Munster play, and he has had an average season so
far, bar maybe a few games. We'll see how he gets on for
the rest of the tornament. So far he's been atrocious
against Italy and great against France. T'will be
interesting

Great against one of the best teams in the world? I think I
can live with that.

Dowlinz
24th-February-2011, 14:56

Saying as SOB has been the inform back row in Europe all year, i think most 'rational' people would have found room him in the starting 15. Wallace's stats against Italy were embarassing, they were good against France, a team with s**t defence. Trying to comapre the form of Wallace and SOB this year is laughable, end of story. FERRIS/SOB/HEASLIP should have been the starting backrow in the Autumn internaitonals, but Deccy was yet again giving one of his mates the chance to play himself into form. Ferris being a crock has suited Deccy, now he doeswnt have make a decision

This isn't club rugby kid, this is internationals and the big league. If trying to compare the club form of SOB and Wally is laughable then trying to compare the international form and class of the two is equally laughable in the other direction.

El Homerino
24th-February-2011, 15:06

This isn't club rugby kid, this is internationals and the big league. If trying to compare the club form of SOB and Wally is laughable then trying to compare the international form and class of the two is equally laughable in the other direction.

smileys/lol.gifarite kid! And how would comparing their internaiotnal form since SOB came on the scene be laughable could you tell me, 'kid!?'

The Outlaw
24th-February-2011, 15:14
If Ferris was fit,
Sob would've seen a few seconds at the end of a couple of
games a la Cullen. . You act like this would be
some sort of grave misjustice. Most rational people would
play a trio of Heaslip/Wallace/Ferris if all were fit with SOB
on the bench.

Saying as SOB has been the inform back row in Europe
all year, i think most 'rational' people would have found
room him in the starting 15. Wallace's stats against Italy
were embarassing, they were good against France, a team
with s**t defence. Trying to comapre the form of Wallace
and SOB this year is laughable, end of story.
FERRIS/SOB/HEASLIP should have been the starting
backrow in the Autumn internaitonals, but Deccy was yet
again giving one of his mates the chance to play himself
into form. Ferris being a crock has suited Deccy, now he
doeswnt have make a decision

This isn't club rugby kid, this is internationals
and the big league. If trying to compare the club form of
SOB and Wally is laughable then trying to compare the
international form and class of the two is equally laughable
in the other direction.

smileys/lol.gif*arite kid! And how would comparing their
internaiotnal form since SOB came on the scene be
laughable could you tell me, 'kid!?'

Sean has played ok against Italy and well against France

Wallace was poor against Italy and terrific against France.

Wallace is a Lion, the best backrow forward in the history
of Irish rugby( in my view) and the best power athlete
aside from Ferris we've ever had.

SOB is a highly talented back row forward who has the
talent to be great but isn't there yet.

In terms of ball carrying at international level- SOB needs
to bring his Leinster form with him in this aspect although
that may take 10 caps.

El Homerino
24th-February-2011, 15:25
If Ferris was fit,
Sob would've seen a few seconds at the end of a couple of
games a la Cullen. . You act like this would be
some sort of grave misjustice. Most rational people would
play a trio of Heaslip/Wallace/Ferris if all were fit with SOB
on the bench.

Saying as SOB has been the inform back row in Europe
all year, i think most 'rational' people would have found
room him in the starting 15. Wallace's stats against Italy
were embarassing, they were good against France, a team
with s**t defence. Trying to comapre the form of Wallace
and SOB this year is laughable, end of story.
FERRIS/SOB/HEASLIP should have been the starting
backrow in the Autumn internaitonals, but Deccy was yet
again giving one of his mates the chance to play himself
into form. Ferris being a crock has suited Deccy, now he
doeswnt have make a decision

This isn't club rugby kid, this is internationals
and the big league. If trying to compare the club form of
SOB and Wally is laughable then trying to compare the
international form and class of the two is equally laughable
in the other direction.

smileys/lol.gifarite kid! And how would comparing their
internaiotnal form since SOB came on the scene be
laughable could you tell me, 'kid!?'

Sean has played ok against Italy and well against France

Wallace was poor against Italy and terrific against France.

Wallace is a Lion, the best backrow forward in the history
of Irish rugby( in my view) and the best power athlete
aside from Ferris we've ever had.

SOB is a highly talented back row forward who has the
talent to be great but isn't there yet.

In terms of ball carrying at international level- SOB needs
to bring his Leinster form with him in this aspect although
that may take 10 caps.

Exactly, so how is comparing their internaitonal form laughable since SOB has come on hte scene? I'd say their form has been simlar, with SOB shading it.

Trying to compare their club form this season is laughable however. I hardly said anything outlandish for Ian Dowlingz to think he was in a position to refer to me as kid, especially when he's the idiot who claims Deccy was right to include Wllace at 22 instead of McFadden! smileys/lol.gifsmileys/lol.gifsmileys/lol.gif

Dowlinz
24th-February-2011, 15:29
SOB has got more caps than the past 2 and the previous 4 showed him to be somewhat poor. 4 poor showings, a mediocre one and a decent one up against 68 caps averaging at exceptionally good and call ups to two different lions squads.

Thats why its laughable.