PDA

View Full Version : Magners League - TV Coverage

macca1983
14th-August-2010, 16:03
Am i correct in stating RTE have the rights to Magners League games this year?? Contemplating cancelling Setanta - do i need them anymore?

munstershane
14th-August-2010, 16:08
I think RTE and TG4 will be sharing the rights.

Setanta do not. I think they may have GP, French rugby.

harbour man
14th-August-2010, 17:50
Yes Setanta do have the matches, every game except the games that will be in Italy. RTE and TG4 also havesome games thoughso thinking of cancelling myself..

kooga made for rugby
14th-August-2010, 17:54
Yes Setanta do have the matches, every game except the games that will be in Italy. RTE and TG4 also havesome games thoughso thinking of cancelling myself..

its not very clear whether they will have the games, no details on their website! going to hold tough as i am with chorus so don't have access to S4C or the regional BBc channels!

harbour man
14th-August-2010, 18:02

its not very clear whether they will have the games, no details on their website! going to hold tough as i am with chorus so don't have access to S4C or the regional BBc channels!

I rang them yesterday wanting to cancel my subscription and the guy asked me why I wanted to cancel.

I told him my primary reason for signing up in the first place was for the magners league and now ye dont have that anymore. He said they have every game live (apart from the games in Italy) and he was able confirm that for me.....

Point
14th-August-2010, 18:10

And if you have Eircom B'band, you can watch Setanta on the net.

merawancha
15th-August-2010, 10:46

And if you have Eircom B'band, you can watch Setanta on the net.

Have found the eircom setanta player very bad to be honest. Always freezes just when there's a drive for the line!

Waterfordlad
15th-August-2010, 16:02
That's been my experience as well - surely they could do better

Luimneach
15th-August-2010, 16:33
I think Sentanta will show highlights only RTE has it so we are F**ed coverage will be unsatisfactory

dell
15th-August-2010, 16:37
If you look at the Magners League web site, Setanta is not listed as any of the tv providers, BBC RTE TG4 SC4 are the one's only listed. http://www.magnersleague.com/matchcentre/fixtures_list.php

kooga made for rugby
15th-August-2010, 18:41
If you look at the Magners League web site, Setanta is not listed as any of the tv providers, BBC RTE TG4 SC4 are the one's only listed. http://www.magnersleague.com/matchcentre/fixtures_list.php

exactly my point thet have french top 14 along with ESPN who have some GP games as well this season. From what I have seen of ESPN coverage of the 7's its pretty dire!

dell
15th-August-2010, 18:43

exactly my point thet have french top 14 along with ESPN who have some GP games as well this season. From what I have seen of ESPN coverage of the 7's its pretty dire! can sc4 and bbc wales/alba be got on the free to air disc/box

Mebawsa Ritchie
15th-August-2010, 18:46

exactly my point thet have french top 14 along with ESPN who have some GP games as well this season. From what I have seen of ESPN coverage of the 7's its pretty dire! can sc4 and bbc wales/alba be got on the free to air disc/box

Yes they can.

p.s. ESPN seem to have a fair few UK Premiership and Top 14 games too.

dell
15th-August-2010, 18:48

Yes they can.

good, I'm going over to upc for the free Setanta and ESPN for the same price as sky, I'll keep my sky dish and boxes for the free to air

Mebawsa Ritchie
15th-August-2010, 18:56

Yes they can.

good, I'm going over to upc for the free Setanta and ESPN for the same price as sky, I'll keep my sky dish and boxes for the free to air

Precisely the same set up I have.

kooga made for rugby
15th-August-2010, 19:56

exactly my point thet have french top 14 along with ESPN who have some GP games as well this season. From what I have seen of ESPN coverage of the 7's its pretty dire!

can sc4 and bbc wales/alba be got on the free to air disc/box

Yes they can.

serious tv set up lads..............are ye publicans?

dell
16th-August-2010, 16:44

can sc4 and bbc wales/alba be got on the free to air disc/box

Yes they can.

serious tv set up lads..............are ye publicans?

I wish. It's simple, I have sky+ with multi room andthat includes the movies and sports. If you want ESPN and Setanta it's extra. I can switch over to UPC get the same package and multi room with the + and it'sa few euro's cheaper that sky also UPC are offering ESPN and Setanta as part of the standard package at no extra cost.

Redeye
16th-August-2010, 20:17
I think Sentanta will show highlights only, RTE has it live

That's what I have heard, as well. It is hard to imagine that RTE will devote some much time to analysis as setanta did last year. I like setanta's panelists, so for me it is the best of both worlds.

Waterfordlad
17th-August-2010, 02:56
I think Sentanta will show highlights only, RTE has it live

That's what I have heard, as well. It is hard to imagine that RTE will devote some much time to analysis as setanta did last year. I like setanta's panelists, so for me it is the best of both worlds.

Not sure Redeye - I didn't think much of most of Setanta's coverage last year (albeit a lot better than those old f*rts on S4C). I think RTE generally do a better job

kooga made for rugby
17th-August-2010, 05:48
Setanta will have deferred Coverage of the games!

Hawkeye
17th-August-2010, 12:26
What does deferred coverage mean?

kooga made for rugby
17th-August-2010, 12:35
What does deferred coverage mean?

my understanding is that the game will not be on live but will be shown when it is finished. So on a friday night a game at 8pm live on RTE etc will be shown at 10pm on Setanta.

However none of the games in Italy will be televised!

Conas
17th-August-2010, 12:44
I wonder who RTE will have on the panel for the games??? Probaly Hook, Pope, and O Shea I'd say. They will probaly vary it though like the sunday game evening edition.

To be honest I can't seea massive wave of attraction for the Magners League...the vast majority of games are very poor, but I suppose we'll know soon enough.

Old Dog
17th-August-2010, 12:46
Not sure Redeye - I didn't think much of most of Setanta's coverage last year (albeit a lot better than those old f*rts on S4C). I think RTE generally do a better job

If you'reinterested only in hearing the analysis ofone of the two teams on display, then RTE does a reasonablefor the Irish teams and BBC2W/S4C do likewise for the Welsh teams.RTE's best analysis is when two Irish sides are in opposition and dittofor the Welsh channels when 2 Welsh teams are involved. (Sky's analysis of the GPL is quite good because two English sides are involved - butthe same cannot be said of their HEC analysis.)

I can't speak for Satanta but I assume that their ML analysis isas jingoistic as that of the otherchannels.

kooga made for rugby
17th-August-2010, 12:48
I wonder who RTE will have on the panel for the games??? Probaly Hook, Pope, and O Shea I'd say. They will probaly vary it though like the sunday game evening edition.

To be honest I can't seea massive wave of attraction for the Magners League...the vast majority of games are very poor, but I suppose we'll know soon enough.

Michael Bradley, Eddie O Sullivan and Dean Richards I hear!

BigLad
17th-August-2010, 14:10
doubt we will see much of o shea , he has full time job in england with the RFU.

Conas
17th-August-2010, 15:04
I just hope they don't have Joanne Cantwell presenting smileys/lol.gifI was planning on submitting my CV to RTE and asking them for a job on the rugby shows. At least I have a rugby brain, and I'd be a great assist to the production team.

Luimneach
17th-August-2010, 15:12
I just hope they don't have Joanne Cantwell presenting smileys/lol.gifI was planning on submitting my CV to RTE and asking them for a job on the rugby shows. At least I have a rugby brain, and I'd be a great assist to the production team.

We both agree on miss Cantwell

Conas
17th-August-2010, 15:20
[QUOTE=Conas]

We both agree on miss Cantwell

As Roy Keane would say "Shewouldn't be able to spell Rugby let alone understand it"

BigLad
17th-August-2010, 15:59
the way the world has gone , more women interested in rugby these days than men

MadMax.
18th-August-2010, 17:41
Television schedule here for up to new year.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/53_186.php

kooga made for rugby
18th-August-2010, 18:16
Television schedule here for up to new year.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/53_186.php

No Setanta !

Terry Tibbs
19th-August-2010, 07:08
doubt we will see much of o shea , he has full time job in england with the RFU.

He is the Director of Rugby at Harlequins RFC since December'09

Is it really all that difficult to check your facts prior to posting your lies, you are obviously on the internet while writing on munsterfans, a little check on google might not go astray. I mean if you said he has a job in England with the RFU while talking to me over a pint down my local in Woodgreen, who would I be to agree or disagree with you? But you have a vast amount of information at your fingertips and yet you chose to ignore it and type in the first thing that came into your mind. Tut Tut Tut, so please let this be a gentle prod in the right direction, and before opening your mouth, think, and make sure what you are saying is actually accurate and correct.

Thank you, much love.
Terry

kooga made for rugby
20th-August-2010, 13:06
latest from Setanta

Tune in to see the best of the Magners League on Setanta. Deferred coverage of all the key games plus highlights. Follow the Irish provinces with the best Magners League analysis on Setanta.

no-payne-no-gain
20th-August-2010, 14:57
To Terry Tibbs,

get a life!

regards

concerned viewer!!

Yatenga
20th-August-2010, 16:43
Anybody any idea what this means for us souls across the Atlantic?
Fox Soccer Plus showed Magners and Heineken last season but going through their schedule all I see is GP, Tri nations and Currie Cup
They still have the Magners logo but no signs of any games
Never thought I would say that I miss Satanta - they may have been ***holes but at least you knew where you stood with them!

kooga made for rugby
20th-August-2010, 19:32
Fox Soccer Plus showed Magners and Heineken last season but going through their schedule all I see is GP, Tri nations and Currie Cup
Never thought I would say that I miss Satanta - they may have been ***holes but at least you knew where you stood with them!

no idea, but once i find out whats happening here i will sort out North America!

KapKremmen
20th-August-2010, 19:58
latest from Setanta

Tune in to see the best of the Magners League on Setanta. Deferred coverage of <S&#079;NG>all the key games</S&#079;NG> plus highlights. Follow the Irish provinces with the best Magners League analysis on Setanta.

Hopefully that will include the match in Firhill, which is not getting any live coverage anywhere.

Point
24th-August-2010, 10:46
Italian broadcaster signs up
24 August 2010, 10:30 am
By Marc Heywood
Celtic Rugby is pleased to announce that Italian Pay-DTT broadcaster, Dahlia TV, will be showing live Magners League games played in Italy next season.3Share
Established in January 2009 taking over the Telecom Italia Media Pay-DTT business and the related football rights and bandwidth contracts, Dahlia TV is the second largest player in the Italian Pay-DTT market, their signal covering 90% of the Italian population.
The four year deal will see Dahlia TV broadcast at least 19 matches from the home of either Aironi Rugby or Benetton Rugby Treviso during the regular league stage of the tournament. They will also show any Play-Off games involving an Italian team as well as the Magners League Grand Final at the end of May.

"We strongly believe that the Magners League is a wonderful product", said Fabrizio Grassi, CEO of Dahlia TV. "We aim to invest on it in order to make this product appealing and to make it stand out.

"Our idea is to promote the game in Italy, and enable our audience to watch all the matches by surrounding the game itself with the programme to enhance the strength of the league.

"As a demonstration of Dahlia's interest for rugby, many other tournaments will be transmitted during the next season 2010/2011."

David Jordan, Tournament Director for the Magners League, added: "I am pleased to welcome Dahlia TV on board, their partnership now ensures that Magners League games will be shown live in all our territories.

"Rugby is fast establishing itself as a mainstream sport in Italy, and this agreement affords the opportunity to fans across the country to watch the progress of their own teams in their inaugural season in the Magners League."

MAGNERS LEAGUE BROADCAST PARTNERS 2010 / 11

BBC ALBA

BBC ALBA will be the exclusive broadcaster for live Magners League rugby in Scotland for the next four years, continuing until the 2013/14 season. Their package will provide live coverage of at least eight Edinburgh or Glasgow Warriors home games per season.
BBC ALBA has teamed up with Irish and Welsh broadcasters to also provide live coverage of selected away matches for both sides. Coverage of home matches will be provided on Friday nights.
Commentary will be in Gaelic along with expert pitchside analysis and interviews in English.

BBC ALBA is available on Sky 168 and Freesat 110, with each rugby match being made available live and on 7-day catch-up via BBC iPlayer.

For further information on BBC ALBA visit www.bbcalba.co.uk (http://www.bbcalba.co.uk).

BBC Cymru Wales

BBC Sport Wales provides comprehensive coverage of the Magners League in both Welsh and English across its services.
On BBC Two Wales fans can enjoy live games on Friday evenings in Scrum V Live, presented by Gareth Lewis with commentary from Gareth Charles and Jonathan Davies. Digital viewers can press the red button during games for extra commentaries including the Fan Scene with Rick O'Shea.

On Sunday evenings on BBC Two Wales the Scrum V team offers Magners League fans extensive highlights, previews and analysis on all the action. Fans can also catch up with all the latest rugby news on BBC Radio Wales' Scrum V Radio on Thursday evenings from 7.00pm.

Comprehensive coverage, including reports, updates and commentaries are carried during the year on both BBC Radio Wales and BBC Radio Cymru.

BBC Two Wales is available in Wales on Freeview channel 2, digital satellite (Sky and Freesat) 102, and Virgin 102. Outside Wales BBC Two Wales is available on digital satellite channel 991.

BBC Radio Wales is available across Wales on 93.9-95.9, 103.7,103.9 FM and 882 MW (mid Wales 1125, Clwyd 657). The station is also available on Freeview 719 and digital satellite 0117.

BBC Radio Cymru is available in Wales on 92.4-96.1, 96.8, 103.5-105 FM and is also available on digital satellite 0154 and Freeview 720
<P

busbi
24th-August-2010, 11:23
The games being on RTE will do wonders for the profile of the league in
this country imho.

dropkick
24th-August-2010, 11:35
The games being on RTE will do wonders for
the profile of the league in
this country imho.

Definetly. Although Setantas coverage was good (with the
exception of the commentators) having rugby on FTA TV is a
massive boost.

bobbin
24th-August-2010, 12:00
TG4 will provide comprehensive coverage on each of the 22 Magners League weekends. Full match coverage and analysis each weekend will track the progress of the Irish provinces, home and away.

<S&#079;NG>Match commentary will come from Gearóid Mac Donncha and Gary Mac Donncha</S&#079;NG>, and there will be previews and full match coverage featuring all the latest enhancements , as well as half-time and post match analysis and interviews with players and coaches.

smileys/biggrin.gif

MunsterLux
24th-August-2010, 12:37
All we need now is RTE HD smileys/wink.gif

Piquet
24th-August-2010, 13:38
So the TV coverage will be as follows.

Italy: "At least 19" out of 22 will be covered by an Italian Pay Per View channel.

Scotland: BBC Alba will cover "at least 8" of the 22 matches, all on Friday nights.

Wales: S4C will have matches "almost every week" BBC Wales will have"live games on Friday evenings"

Ireland: BBC NI will cover all 11 of Ulster's home matches. RTE will cover "up to 40"of the 44. T na G will have "full match coverage" every weekend.

Old Dog
24th-August-2010, 13:49
Match commentary will come from Gearóid Mac Donncha and Gary Mac Donncha</S&#079;NG>,

Are they two of Donncha's love children?

Tony Soprano
24th-August-2010, 13:50

He is the Director of Rugby at Harlequins RFC since December'09

Is it really all that difficult to check your facts prior to posting your lies, you are obviously on the internet while writing on munsterfans, a little check on google might not go astray. I mean if you said he has a job in England with the RFU while talking to me over a pint down my local in Woodgreen, who would I be to agree or disagree with you? But you have a vast amount of information at your fingertips and yet you chose to ignore it and type in the first thing that came into your mind. Tut Tut Tut, so please let this be a gentle prod in the right direction, and before opening your mouth, think, and make sure what you are saying is actually accurate and correct.

Thank you, much love.
Terry

Would have to agree with Terry Tibbs on this one.

rathbaner
24th-August-2010, 13:58
It's great!! Friday night rugby of FTA TV throughout the winter.

antipopper
24th-August-2010, 18:08
Lads what the hell do RTE have on Saturday the 2nd Oct at 7.30 that its been decided that TG4 will show the Leinster - Munster Match , the first proper competitive game of anything in the new LR.

mahoney
24th-August-2010, 18:25
Wonder will we be able to watch the tg4 games through the red button ala s4c last year,Really should of paid more attention to mr Scully all those years ago in the Gaeilge class!!!!

kooga made for rugby
25th-August-2010, 07:02
Just back from cardiff an dthe launch of the Magners league, The TV fixtures for the opening weekend are as follows

<S&#079;NG>Friday the 3rd of September</S&#079;NG>

Glasgow V Leinster BBC ALBA/RTE 2 @ 19.05

Ulster V Ospreys BBC NI @ 19.05

<S&#079;NG>Saturday the 4th</S&#079;NG>

Connacht V Dragons TG4 @ 17.30

Cardiff V Edinburgh S4C @18.30

Munster V Aironi RTE 2 @19.30

sewa
25th-August-2010, 07:06
I gave it a chance but this is a disgrace. They haven't shown a single ML game yet smileys/sad.gif

Point
25th-August-2010, 08:17
Wonder will we be able to watch the tg4 games through the red button ala s4c last year,Really should of paid more attention to mr Scully all those years ago in the Gaeilge class!!!!

Not John Scully in Cork by any chance ?

Redeye
25th-August-2010, 11:54
This is Setanta's Lineup for next weekend. I *think* the Breakdown show is their new highlights and analysis program.

I am lov'in all the new rugby coverage. smileys/biggrin.gif

http://www.munsterfans.com//uploads/images/Redeye/Setanta_Saturday.gif
http://www.munsterfans.com//uploads/images/Redeye/Setanta_Sunday.gif

kooga made for rugby
25th-August-2010, 12:00
This is Setanta's Lineup for next weekend. I *think* the Breakdown show is their new highlights and analysis program.

I am lov'in all the new rugby coverage. smileys/biggrin.gif

http://www.munsterfans.com//uploads/images/Redeye/Setanta_Saturday.gif
http://www.munsterfans.com//uploads/images/Redeye/Setanta_Sunday.gif

the circle is complete setanta = highlights.

canine
25th-August-2010, 12:40
At least we wont have to listen to Neil plank Francis anymore

mahoney
25th-August-2010, 18:11

Not John Scully in Cork by any chance ? Nagh sorry point twas a small little man called Martin Scully in Nenagh cbs,And by jaysus did he not like me!!!

kooga made for rugby
26th-August-2010, 09:14
The deferred coverage games will be on Setanta Ireland so no additional subscription charges if you are on the UPC platform

Plus on Sunday night aviva premiership highlights package at 10pm on Setanta Ireland

MunsterLux
30th-August-2010, 07:38
Only 15 mins buildup before the game on RTE Two this Saturday smileys/sad.gif

Chrizzzie
30th-August-2010, 08:29

no idea, but once i find out whats happening here i will sort out North America!

I've heard that Focsoccer Plus and Foxsoccer.tv are still in negotiations with the Magners League concerning the broadcasting rights. They hope to have a decision on this before the start, this Friday. Although they're confident they will get the rights in the end it could take up to a few weeks before the agreement is finalized.

I read this in an interview by Foxsoccers MD but can't find the source right now.

Just hope for the best and hopefully a decision is made asap.

Point
30th-August-2010, 09:26
This actually looks superb if it works as they say. Small money too.

http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/09/identity-cloaker-bb (http://www.an&#111;nymous-proxies.org/2009/09/identity-cloaker-bbc-proxy-iplayer.html) c-proxy-iplayer.html

http://www.identitycloaker.com/

and here's another one

http://www.telefis.com/

McCloud
30th-August-2010, 10:36
rte.ie/sport

RTÉ launches Magners League coverage
Monday 30 August 2010

RTÉ today launched details of its Magners League coverage marking the return of live Irish provincial rugby to terrestrial/free-to-air television for the first time in four years.

Beginning this Friday 3 September with Leinster's opening game of the season against Glasgow Warriors in Scotland, up to 35 live matches are set to be broadcast on RTÉ Two television this season, and for the next four seasons, as part of a new deal secured by RTÉ alongside fellow public service broadcasters TG4, BBC Northern Ireland, BBC Cymru Wales, S4C and BBC ALBA

Ryle Nugent, RTÉ Group Head of Sport said: 'This is a ground breaking agreement involving six separate public service broadcasters. In Ireland, RTÉ is sharing broadcast rights with TG4 to ensure that Irish audiences will be able to enjoy the Irish provinces in action every week.

'The Irish provincial teams are some of the best supported teams in Europe and we are delighted to play a key role in bringing the action to viewers free-to-air.'

Joining RTÉ's renowned rugby team of George Hook, Brent Pope and Conor O'Shea are former Irish internationals Donal Lenihan, Victor Costello and Frankie Sheahan, while new signing Daire O'Brien joins Tom McGurk and Joanne Cantwell to present Magners League Live across the season.

Looking forward to the new season RTÉ rugby analyst Brent Pope said: 'I'm delighted to be involved in the Magners League this season and the excitement of live provincial Irish rugby. I'm looking forward to watching Connacht, Ulster, Leinster and Munster live in action on RTÉ and seeing which provinces make their mark on the league this year."

In addition to live television coverage, RTÉ.ie will also simultaneously stream RTÉ's coverage within the island of Ireland while also providing a catch-up service on the RTÉ Player and an in-depth focus on the Irish province's campaigns, the latest news, live and on-demand video and audio, and incisive debate and analysis at www.rte.ie/magnersleague (http://www.rte.ie/magnersleague).

Magners League stories, fixtures, live scores, results and more will also be available on RTÉ Aertel and RTÉ Mobile at m.rte.ie/sport. RTÉ Radio will also feature Magners League coverage across FM, LW, DAB and online throughout the season

RTÉ's Magners League coverage adds to an already extensive range of sport on offer from RTÉ this season including live coverage of the Champions League, the Guinness Series of autumn rugby Internationals, the Republic of Ireland's Euro 2010 qualifiers and three European title fights for Irish boxers on Pro Box Live.

Gezza
30th-August-2010, 10:58
looking forward to RTE's coverage!

kooga made for rugby
30th-August-2010, 11:01
Only 15 mins buildup before the game on RTE Two this Saturday smileys/sad.gif

at least its on!!!!!!!

Mebawsa Ritchie
30th-August-2010, 11:01
So:

RTE - yep.
BBC regions - yep.
Setanta Ire. - yep.
ESPN - yep.

Sky Sports - pub.

smileys/cool.gif

RobbieG
30th-August-2010, 11:48
<s&#111;ng>RTÉ TWO TELEVISION LIVE MAGNERS LEAGUE FIXTURES FOR 2010</s&#111;ng>

Date Match Round Coverage begins on RTÉ Two
Friday 3 Sept Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Round 1 6.45pm
Saturday 4 Sept Munster v Aironi Rugby </span> Round 1 7.15pm
Saturday 11 Sept Leinster v Cardiff Blues Round 2 6.00pm
Friday 17 Sept Ulster v Edinburgh Round 3 8.00pm
Saturday 18 Sept Munster v Ospreys</span> Round 3 7.30pm
Friday 24 Sept Edinburgh Rugby v Leinster Round 4 7.00pm
Thursday 30 Sept Cardiff Blues v Connacht Round 5 7.00pm
Friday 1 Oct Ulster v Glasgow Warriors Round 5 7.00pm
Saturday 23 Oct Connacht v Leinster Round 6 5.45pm
Saturday 30 Oct Leinster v Edinburgh Round 7 5.45pm
Friday 19 Nov Leinster v Newport G. Dragons Round 8 7.00pm
Sunday 21 Nov Cardiff Blues v Ulster Round 8 3.30pm
Friday 26 Nov Newport G. Dragons v Munster</span> Round 9 7.00pm
Friday 3 Dec Scarlets v Leinster Round 10 7.00pm
Monday 27 Dec Ulster v Leinster Round 11 5.30pm
Saturday 1 Jan Munster v Ulster </span> Round 12 7.00pm

kooga made for rugby
30th-August-2010, 11:54
Just back from cardiff an dthe launch of the Magners league, The TV fixtures for the opening weekend are as follows

<S&#079;NG>Friday the 3rd of September</S&#079;NG>

Glasgow V Leinster BBC ALBA/RTE 2 @ 19.05

Ulster V Ospreys BBC NI @ 19.05

<S&#079;NG>Saturday the 4th</S&#079;NG>

Connacht V Dragons TG4 @ 17.30

Cardiff V Edinburgh S4C @18.30

Munster V Aironi RTE 2 @19.30

as per my post above, the line up for this weekend is

lahinch_lass
30th-August-2010, 14:02
okay so is the Munster v Aironi game on any UK channel this weekend, for those of us not in RTE-land at the moment ?

Luimneach
30th-August-2010, 14:38
Good to see Daire O'Brien presenting on RTE like his approach it appears we will be on TG4 allot look forward to seeing the McGann interview as Gaeilge

dropkick
30th-August-2010, 14:48
&lt;song&gt;RTÉ TWO TELEVISION LIVE MAGNERS LEAGUE
FIXTURES FOR 2010&lt;/song&gt;

4 Munster matches and 8 Leinsters matches. They're showing
5 Leinster away matches to Munsters 1.

bomahony
30th-August-2010, 14:53
4 Munster matches and 8 Leinsters matches. They're showing

5 Leinster away matches to Munsters 1.

But the rest are on TG4, so whats the harm?

http://www.magnersleague.com/matchcentre/schedule.php

At least we can watch them without needing Setanta (and not having a TV myself, i can watch using RTE/TG4 online player which is much better quality than other streams.....

kooga made for rugby
30th-August-2010, 16:27
okay so is the Munster v Aironi game on any UK channel this weekend, for those of us not in RTE-land at the moment ?

No. is setanta ireland avaialble in the UK? if so highlights late saturday night.

kooga made for rugby
30th-August-2010, 16:28
Good to see Daire O'Brien presenting on RTE like his approach it appears we will be on TG4 allot look forward to seeing the McGann interview as Gaeilge

i think the weather girls from TG4 will be doing the interviewing

dropkick
30th-August-2010, 16:50
4 Munster matches and 8 Leinsters matches. They're
showing
5 Leinster away matches to Munsters 1.But the
rest are on TG4, so whats the harm?
<a href="http://www.magnersleague.com/matchcentre/schedu
<br / target="_blank">le.php">http://www.magnersleague.com/matchcentre/sched
ule.php</a>At least we can watch them without needing
Setanta (and not having a TV myself, i can watch using
RTE/TG4 online player which is much better quality than
other streams.....

No harm but it does no harm to keep an eye on them
either. If TG4 were not showing any matches we all know
who'd get preference then and everybody would be
complaining.

Chrizzzie
31st-August-2010, 13:39
For US fans here the response I got from Foxsoccer:

Thanks for contacting us.</span>

</span>

We believe that we will be showing the Magners League on our
website. This may not be finalised by the first games of the season this
weekend. If this is the case we should have them for the second weekend.</span>

</span>

Best regards</span>

Web support</span>

Yatenga
31st-August-2010, 14:40
Thanks Chrizzie for info on Fox - I emailed them myself but got nothing back yet. Lets hope that by showing them on their website they mean on TV. The fact that RTE is only airing them online in Ireland means airing rights in the US have some value.
</span>

At this point I'd be happy with a few games - I think we were spoilt here in the US with virtually every single Magners and Heineken Cup game involving an Irish province airing on TV. Often at odd hours to be sure, but its easy to avoid the result for a few hours</span>

</span>

Chrizzzie
31st-August-2010, 19:04
Thanks Chrizzie for info on Fox - I emailed them myself but got nothing back yet. Lets hope that by showing them on their website they mean on TV. The fact that RTE is only airing them online in Ireland means airing rights in the US have some value.
</span>

At this point I'd be happy with a few games - I think we were spoilt here in the US with virtually every single Magners and Heineken Cup game involving an Irish province airing on TV. Often at odd hours to be sure, but its easy to avoid the result for a few hours</span>

</span>

I much more like to have the games in foxsoccer.tv than on TV (But both is fine to me.) I'm not expecting a deal before round one but please let hope so for tound 2

Point
31st-August-2010, 21:11

At this point I'd be happy with a few games - I think we were spoilt here in the US with virtually every single Magners and Heineken Cup game involving an Irish province airing on TV. Often at odd hours to be sure, but its easy to avoid the result for a few hours

Yatenga, I put the following post up earlier but no seems to have taken it up ..

"This actually looks superb if it works as they say. Small money too.

http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/09/identity-cloaker-bb c-proxy-iplayer.html (http://www.an&#111;nymous-proxies.org/2009/09/identity-cloaker-bbc-proxy-iplayer.html)

and here's another one

"

Chrizzzie
1st-September-2010, 04:49
</span>

</span>

Yatenga, I put the following post up earlier but no seems to have taken it up ..

http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/09/identity-cloaker-bb c-proxy-iplayer.html (http://www.an&#111;nymous-proxies.org/2009/09/identity-cloaker-bbc-proxy-iplayer.html)

and here's another one

"

I know for sure that it works smileys/biggrin.gif

I'm using hotspots shield

Point
1st-September-2010, 05:45

At this point I'd be happy with a few games - I think we were spoilt here in the US with virtually every single Magners and Heineken Cup game involving an Irish province airing on TV. Often at odd hours to be sure, but its easy to avoid the result for a few hours

and here's another one

"

Most Excellent! smileys/badgrin.gif

kooga made for rugby
1st-September-2010, 13:06
11 out of 12 of munsters magners leaguegames will be on RTE TG4 between now and the New Year, the only exception being the away game V Glasgow as that is scheduled for the same night as Edinburgh host Leinster which is the televised game by the host broadcaster BBC Alba with RTEshowing it.

So Overall excellent news.....now as per another thread does anybody want to buy a season ticket?

Yatenga
2nd-September-2010, 13:17
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/tvschedule
Back in business with Magners League on Foxsoccer plus!
Hopefully we'll get some analysis as well

Patman
2nd-September-2010, 14:01
I just had a crazy conversation with a sales guy at
Setanta.

I rang to subscribe and what an ordeal.

He tried to persuade me that Setanta would be showing
all of Munster's ML games and that RTE would only be
showing 6.

I asked if he was sure and after a lengthy debate he
admitted that the games wouldn't be live but would be
"as live as possible.' smileys/lol.gif This, he said, means that
games would be shown and hour to and hour and a half
after they had finished. b****x to that.

I told him that was good enough and that the package
was superfluous to my requirements. While I know he
has to try to keep a customer, he just wouldn't listen.

Anyway, if RTE, TG4, S4C etc are showing them, and
considering I will be at many of them, there is no need
for me to have Setanta because I only had it for the ML.

There was no telling that clown though.

Anyway, be ready if you are ringing them.

mr chips
3rd-September-2010, 15:39
For anybody like me who hasn't yet gotten round to cancelling their Setanta, the Glasgow - Leinster game will be rebroadcast on Setanta Ireland at midnight. Handy enough, means I can watch the Ulster game first.

Gezza
3rd-September-2010, 15:43
</span>

</span>

and here's another one

"

This is the browser that I use when I am traveling away for work http://www.torproject.org/ (http://www.torproject.org/)you will have no problem watching the RTE feed!

Chrizzzie
3rd-September-2010, 18:28
</span>

</span>

and here's another one

"

This is the browser that I use when I am traveling away for work http://www.torproject.org/ (http://www.torproject.org/)you will have no problem watching the RTE feed!

Does this also work for the TG4 player? Would like to watch the Connacht game tomorrow.

Point
3rd-September-2010, 18:36

and here's another one

"

But don't you still need a proxy ip address ? I used to use Tor with Mozilla for watching BBC iPlayer etc, until the proxy ip address changed.

Chrizzzie
4th-September-2010, 03:40
< ="text/">ANCHORFREE_VERSION="568021038"< ="text/">var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00NL','IP':'74.82.24.21','CH' :'HSSCNL00 0238','CT':'11I,A,F','HST':'','AFH':'hss59','RN':M ath.floor( Math.random()*999),'TOP':1};if(parent.location!=do cument.loc ation||top.location!=document.location){_AF2$.TOP= 0}else if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.*)?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null){document.wri te("<scr"+"ipt src='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/par.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}document.write("< style ='text/css' title='AFc_css"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+ _AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;borde r:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none; overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;} </style>");< style ="text/css" title="AFc_css138">.AFc_body138{} .AFc_all138,a.AFc_all138:hover,a.AFc_all138:visite d{outline: none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;p adding:0;t op:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:blo ck;z-index:666999;}</style>< style ="text/css">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}</style><div id="AFhss_dfs" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp0" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp1" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp2" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp3" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp4" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp5" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp6" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp7" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp8" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp9" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"></div></div>< ="text/"> if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000242'){docu ment.write ("<scr"+"ipt src='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/41.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}else{document.write("<scr"+"ipt src='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/56fnu.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}}

[QUOTE=Yatenga]Thanks Chrizzie for info on Fox - I emailed them myself but got nothing back yet. Lets hope that by showing them on their website they mean on TV. The fact that RTE is only airing them online in Ireland means airing rights in the US have some value.
</span>

</span>

and here's another one

"

But don't you still need a proxy ip addr

canine
4th-September-2010, 08:29
I cancelled Setanta 4 months in advance ,as my yearly sub would expire in September ,they called me on Thursday and offered me the same package at 5 euro on a month by month basis and can cancel anytime ,I think its worth it for the French rugby alone

Valencia
4th-September-2010, 08:38
The inlaws next door have the same deal, fiver a month

Chrizzzie
4th-September-2010, 08:47
But I can hardly believe the future of Setanta is sustainable with just these few fiver deals. I wouldn't be surprised if Setanta goes tits up before the end of the season.

Bosco
4th-September-2010, 09:46
They need to keep their subscription numbers up for advertising.

RTE's coverage lastnight was crap glad i am going to the game
tonight

mr chips
4th-September-2010, 11:26
I get my tv through the Sky box and have never bothered with installing an ordinary aerial since moving house. I live in NI, which means I don't have a licence-payer's right to receive RTE in the same way that I have e.g. for BBC. This means that I'm used to Sky blocking the HEC highlights on RTE, which hasn't really affected me since I have a Sky Sports subscription. Similarly, soccer matches that are broadcast on RTE tend to be blocked, presumably because they're also on Sky Sports - however, having zero interest in soccer means this hasn't affected me either.

But last night I noticed that the RTE2 broadcast of the Leinster game was blocked. At the time I assumed this was a glitch, perhaps because they simply hadn't unblocked RTE2's soccer coverage that immediately preceded the rugby, presumably as that was also being shown on Sky Sports. But it has occurred to me that they might block the RTE/TG4 coverage of the Magners simply because they don't have exclusive rights to it within the UK. Anyone have a clue about this? If this is the case, I might have to get a terrestrial aerial after all! At least I can watch the Munster game on Setanta at midnight tonight, but I had intended to cancel it ...

Gezza
4th-September-2010, 11:34
&lt; ="text/"&gt;ANCHORFREE_VERSION="568021038"&lt; ="text/"&gt;var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00NL','IP':'74.82.24.21','CH' :'HSSCNL00 0238','CT':'11I,A,F','HST':'','AFH':'hss59','RN':M ath.floor( Math.random()*999),'TOP':1};if(parent.location!=do cument.loc ation||top.location!=document.location){_AF2$.TOP= 0}else if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.*)?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null){document.wri te("<scr"+"ipt src="http://.anchorfree.net/insert/par.js?v=%22+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+%22"></scr"+"ipt>")}document.write("&lt; style ='text/css' title='AFc_css"+_AF2$.RN+"' &gt;.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+ _AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;borde r:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none; overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;} ");&lt; style ="text/css" title="AFc_css138"&gt;.AFc_body138{} .AFc_all138,a.AFc_all138:hover,a.AFc_all138:visite d{outline: none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;p adding:0;t op:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:blo ck;z-index:666999;}&lt; style ="text/css"&gt;AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}<div id="AFhss_dfs"><div id="AFhss_adrp0"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp1"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp2"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp3"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp4"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp5"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp6"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp7"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp8"></div><div id="AFhss_adrp9"></div></div>&lt; ="text/"&gt; if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000242'){docu ment.write ("<scr"+"ipt src="http://.anchorfree.net/insert/41.js?v=%22+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+%22"></scr"+"ipt>")}else{document.write("<scr"+"ipt src="http://.anchorfree.net/insert/56fnu.js?v=%22+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+%22"></scr"+"ipt>")}}

[QUOTE=Yatenga]Thanks Chrizzie for info on Fox - I emailed them myself but got nothing back yet. Lets hope that by showing them on their website they mean on TV. The fact that RTE is only airing them online in Ireland means airing rights in the US have some value.
</span>

</span>

and here's another one

"

But don't you still need a proxy ip address ? I used to use Tor with Mozilla for watching BBC iPlayer etc, until the proxy ip address changed.

I believe so too and it's hard to find a free proxy which can also handle streaming video.<br

harbour man
4th-September-2010, 11:50
I canceled Setanta last week. It was some ordeal, he was offering me packages left right and centre. For a finish I had to get thick with him and throw a few F's into him. Just wasn't getting the message. Anyway thought I had canceled and got a phone call a couple of days after once again. Told them I didnt want it anymoreand was becoming very fustrated that they wouldn't leave me cancel. Eventually I just said Im not interested in any offers and I just want to cancel, said my goodbyes and hung up.

Yesterdaythey rang again. Elaine from the outbound team she said her name was. She started offering me deals again, and like some above posters she offered me the 5 euro a month deal and told me I could cancel whenever I want. At this stage I was fuming, and told her I want to CANCEL NOW. She again offered me another deal and I had no choice only to let rip into her. Finally she canceled my subscription, but I never had so much trouble canceling somrthing in my life.

Anyone else have problems like this with them??

Point
4th-September-2010, 12:14
This will sort http://proxify.co.uk/

When you go through on this scripting is switched off, but when i get to BBC iplayer, it says to turn scripting on !

munsterbouy
4th-September-2010, 13:19
Does anyone have the codes to add setanta as a channel on the sky
network? Mine have gone out of date. Thanks in advance.

overthehillprop
4th-September-2010, 13:45
I canceled Setanta last week. It was some ordeal, he was offering me packages left right and centre. For a finish I had to get thick with him and throw a few F's into him. Just wasn't getting the message. Anyway thought I had canceled and got a phone call a couple of days after once again. Told them I didnt want it anymoreand was becoming very fustrated that they wouldn't leave me cancel. Eventually I just said Im not interested in any offers and I just want to cancel, said my goodbyes and hung up.

Yesterdaythey rang again. Elaine from the outbound team she said her name was. She started offering me deals again, and like some above posters she offered me the 5 euro a month deal and told me I could cancel whenever I want. At this stage I was fuming, and told her I want to CANCEL NOW. She again offered me another deal and I had no choice only to let rip into her. Finally she canceled my subscription, but I never had so much trouble canceling somrthing in my life.

Anyone else have problems like this with them??

yes and watch out if you pay by direct debit the feckers keeping taking the money.

JP Jones
4th-September-2010, 13:47
I get my tv through the Sky box and have never bothered with installing an ordinary aerial since moving house. I live in NI, which means I don't have a licence-payer's right to receive RTE in the same way that I have e.g. for BBC. This means that I'm used to Sky blocking the HEC highlights on RTE, which hasn't really affected me since I have a Sky Sports subscription. Similarly, soccer matches that are broadcast on RTE tend to be blocked, presumably because they're also on Sky Sports - however, having zero interest in soccer means this hasn't affected me either.

But last night I noticed that the RTE2 broadcast of the Leinster game was blocked. At the time I assumed this was a glitch, perhaps because they simply hadn't unblocked RTE2's soccer coverage that immediately preceded the rugby, presumably as that was also being shown on Sky Sports. But it has occurred to me that they might block the RTE/TG4 coverage of the Magners simply because they don't have exclusive rights to it within the UK. Anyone have a clue about this? If this is the case, I might have to get a terrestrial aerial after all! At least I can watch the Munster game on Setanta at midnight tonight, but I had intended to cancel it ...

This is correct, only the BBC regionals and S4C have the rights to broadcast Magners games in the UK.

So even if you try to log onto RTE's website, you won't be able to watch if your computer has a UK IP address.

However BBC Wales and BBC Alba (the Scottish regional) do make thegames available online,so you don't have to miss out even if you don't have these channels.

The only drawback is that games like last night's Leinster clash come with a Scottish commentary.

I dunno if S4C will stream their games, but presumably they will come with a Welsh commentary.

Some programmes on S4C officially have a viewership of zero. It's very much a niche broadcaster.

John The Man drew bigger numbers than S4C, despite receiving no subsidy except the odd leftover steak from The Master Butcher. smileys/smile.gif

killer_penguin
4th-September-2010, 14:02
rugbaí beo anois, connacht V dragons live !
rugby is on the up and up smileys/biggrin.gif
cmon the weshties !!

mr chips
4th-September-2010, 14:27
Feck. Cheers JPJ - so far am able to watch the build-up to the Connacht game on TG4, so hopefully it won't turn out to be a bit of a tease. AFAIK RTE Player is supposed to be viewable across the island of Ireland, but it makes no odds to me as I live in such a remote area that my broadband isn't capable of delivering live streaming.

EDIT - so far so good on TG4. I see it's your namesake refereeing!

Na Weshties abú!!

lactose intolerant
4th-September-2010, 14:58
They need to keep their subscription numbers up for advertising.

RTE's coverage lastnight was crap glad i am going to the game

tonight

was it really bad enough to make you happy about going to cork??smileys/shock.gif

Old Dog
4th-September-2010, 15:24
Marvellous Scarlets try in Treviso. They lead 6 -12 after 18 mins.

................ and S4C have just switched from Treviso to Cardiff.

Qwalitee!

Old Dog
4th-September-2010, 16:16
Cardiff lead Edinburgh 20 - 9 at HT.

mr chips
4th-September-2010, 16:28
Well, bollix anyway. Was able to watch the Connacht game on TG4 via the Sky box, but the Munster game on RTE2 is blocked. What sort of logic is that?

MunsterLux
4th-September-2010, 16:29
RTE coverage looks quite polished so far.

webbie
4th-September-2010, 18:23
I thought RTE's coverage was shocking. No replay for the yellow card. Half the substitutions were not mentioned. At least G Hook is writing off Munster as usual so should be a good season.

dropkick
4th-September-2010, 18:38
The coverage was fine. Not as good as setantas last season
but not bad at the same time.

mumfy
4th-September-2010, 19:42
Thought RTE panel was poor because of the sensationalist rantings of Hook. His first comment at half time was about the RWC 2011. What does that have to do with our first 40 minutesin the Magners league?

Why not comment on the hear and now?Performance of the weekend was Connacht maybe they should send Hook to watch them from now on as on today's display they clearly will have a huge contribution to how Ireland will perform next Septembersmileys/wink.gif

davidos
4th-September-2010, 19:49
The coverage was
fine. Not as good as setantas last
season
but not bad at the same time.

Yep, Setanta had come on leaps and
bounds. Peter McKenna in particular was
very good and now we have that udiot
Ryle Nugent back on.

Crescent boy 2
4th-September-2010, 21:56
Think they need to give Mark Mc Dermott a rest - surely they could come up with someone better in the truck to do the analysis? Nearly lost my lunch when he started with the T-R-Y stuff.

mr chips
4th-September-2010, 23:36
Watched on Setanta as Sky blocked the RTE coverage. Jaysus but Uncle Fred was absolutely shocking, worse than I've ever heard him. Aside from forgetting that he really needed to clear his throat from time to time, it was the usual stuff but just so much of it done so badly ...

- mispronounced names all over the place - "Sam Tui... Tuitu... Toopitoo".

- reporting the ref's decisions &amp; hand signals incorrectly - "and that's a knock on by Munster, but the referee has, aah, awarded the lineout to Atoni."

- forgetting who players are, and not managing to read his own team sheet - "a great run up the wing by, eh ... er ... number 14, eh ... Doug Howlett. The former New Zealander." (did nobody tell Doug that getting an Irish passport won't entitle him to play for Ireland?).

I have great affection for him as he was the voice of the Six Nations on RTE when I was a youngster, and usually that helps to draw a veil over the slip-ups that pepper his commentary, but he was truly, embarrassingly poor tonight. Really is time for him to hang up the mike.

jmccoy
5th-September-2010, 00:27
I wonder will the ML matches be available to view on RTE
Player ?

webbie
5th-September-2010, 09:39
Player ?

In the article launching their Magner's League coverage, http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/magnersleague/2010/0830/magner (http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/magnersleague/2010/0830/magners.html) s.html,they said they would be 'also providing a catch-up service on the RTÉ Player'. So I don't think the full matches will be available there but looks like there will be highlights at some stage.

The the fact that there is no sign of anything from either Friday or Saturday's matchesup their yet, while Friday's international soccer is on their, seems to confirm they will not have the full match coverage as it happened available.

Buceph
5th-September-2010, 14:31
Player ?

In the article launching their Magner's League coverage, http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/magnersleague/2010/0830/magner (http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/magnersleague/2010/0830/magners.html) s.html,they said they would be 'also providing a catch-up service on the RTÉ Player'. So I don't think the full matches will be available there but looks like there will be highlights at some stage.

The the fact that there is no sign of anything from either Friday or Saturday's matchesup their yet, while Friday's international soccer is on their, seems to confirm they will not have the full match coverage as it happened available.

I was thinking it would be at least Monday before they're up. If RTE Player had them within a few hours no one would watch the Setanta replay coverage, so I think that will have to air first. (This is partially wishful thinking though.)

bazzyg
6th-September-2010, 07:39
Think they need to give Mark Mc Dermott a rest - surely they could come up with someone better in the truck to do the analysis? Nearly lost my lunch when he started with the T-R-Y stuff.

The marbles in poor Ryle's mouth nearly popped out after that, he was strugling to keep the laughter in while trying to commentate after that.

At least lenihan is still on, never ott whether it's good or bad,

Johnm2501
6th-September-2010, 07:46
Hook was a blathering idiot on the RTE analysis of the Munster game - the man is certainly prone to spouting sensationalist hyperbole simply to make a name for himself. The man has certainly lost my respect since he sold out to Sky - anyone remember his impassioned speech a few years ago on how television money/sky coverage was killing the game? And now he's plastered all over the place spouting nonsense about how wonderful Sky's customer service is etc...

Have to say however, for all its faults, it is nice to see the provinces games being covered again on RTE - certainly helps to give a sense of national 'ownership' as it were to the league. It seems to me, that the number of people watching the games over the weekend actually increased - given their accessibility on terrestrial television - surely that must be a plus for the league in general?

buck65
6th-September-2010, 09:44
TG4 has the Edinburgh v Munster game live on Friday night.smileys/biggrin.gif

aarons
6th-September-2010, 11:04
as may have been mentioned elsewhere - very annoyingly those of us in the six counties are finding RTE's coverage of the Magners games blocked out on Sky. It's bloody annoying, not consistent with the rest of RTE's rugby coverage, and not exactly in the all-Ireland spirit of Irish rugby...smileys/evil.gif

feel free to complain on behalf of your northern bretheren... info@rte.ie

kooga made for rugby
6th-September-2010, 11:14
as may have been mentioned elsewhere - very annoyingly those of us in the six counties are finding RTE's coverage of the Magners games blocked out on Sky. It's bloody annoying, not consistent with the rest of RTE's rugby coverage, and not exactly in the all-Ireland spirit of Irish rugby...smileys/evil.gif

aarons your location on your Avator sums it up you are based in the Uk !

RobbieG
6th-September-2010, 12:18
Player ?

I was thinking it would be at least Monday before they're up. If RTE Player had them within a few hours no one would watch the Setanta replay coverage, so I think that will have to air first. (This is partially wishful thinking though.)

Tis from today, the Monday after the weekend, that matches will be up on RTE Player for 35 days afterwards, due to contractual stuff, Setanta etc.
<a href="http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1079770" target="_blank">
http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1079770</a>

Chrizzzie
6th-September-2010, 12:35
Does anyone know if there's also something of a highlights show covering all games of the weekend? I know STV has something like that (Late on Sunday's so missed it yesterday) and also available online but not outside UK.

kooga made for rugby
6th-September-2010, 13:19
Setanta have a show called the breakdown and BBC Wales have Scrum V

busbi
6th-September-2010, 13:36
as may have been mentioned elsewhere - very
annoyingly those of us in the six counties are finding RTE's coverage of
the Magners games blocked out on Sky. It's bloody annoying, not
consistent with the rest of RTE's rugby coverage, and not exactly in the
all-Ireland spirit of Irish rugby...*smileys/evil.giffeel free to complain on behalf of
your northern bretheren... info@rte.ie

I would have thought that Sky were the problem there more than RTE?

aarons
6th-September-2010, 15:14

aarons your location on your Avator sums it up you are based in the Uk !

we pay for rte as part of our sky subscriptions and get the majority of rte programming - like people in RoI do with BBC

aarons
6th-September-2010, 15:14
as may have been mentioned elsewhere - very

annoyingly those of us in the six counties are finding RTE's coverage of

the Magners games blocked out on Sky. It's bloody annoying, not

consistent with the rest of RTE's rugby coverage, and not exactly in the

all-Ireland spirit of Irish rugby...smileys/evil.giffeel free to complain on behalf of

I would have thought that Sky were the problem there more than RTE?

don't think so, it'll be rte's call

dropkick
6th-September-2010, 16:01
as may have been
mentioned elsewhere - very
annoyingly those of us in the six counties are finding RTE's
coverage of
the Magners games blocked out on Sky. It's bloody
annoying, not
consistent with the rest of RTE's rugby coverage, and not
exactly in the
all-Ireland spirit of Irish rugby...*smileys/evil.giffeel free to complain
on behalf of

I would have thought that Sky were the problem there
more than RTE?don't think so, it'll be rte's
call

Check out RTE player.

The Leinster and Munster matches are up for viewing now.
I think you should be able to view them from NI.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1079854
http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1079770

Red Hand Hero
6th-September-2010, 16:34
Nope, says its 'restricted' to another territory...

Bosco
6th-September-2010, 17:00
Just watchin the Munster game, the first 2 things Hook says are "I dont know" and "McGahan has had 3 years in charge"smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif

aarons
6th-September-2010, 17:39
as may have been

mentioned elsewhere - very

annoyingly those of us in the six counties are finding RTE's

coverage of

the Magners games blocked out on Sky. It's bloody

annoying, not

consistent with the rest of RTE's rugby coverage, and not

exactly in the

all-Ireland spirit of Irish rugby...smileys/evil.giffeel free to complain

on behalf of

I would have thought that Sky were the problem there

more than RTE?don't think so, it'll be rte's

call

Check out RTE player.

The Leinster and Munster matches are up for viewing now.

I think you should be able to view them from NI.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1079854

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1079770

thanks dropkick, will give it a try

mr chips
6th-September-2010, 18:18
I can't watch anything live on the likes of RTE Player because my broadband connection is too slow. I just rang Sky there now - they've told me that RTE don't have the rights to broadcast the sport over the Sky network. So the problem is actually with RTE.

aarons
6th-September-2010, 18:31
I can't watch anything live on the likes of RTE Player because my broadband connection is too slow. I just rang Sky there now - they've told me that RTE don't have the rights to broadcast the sport over the Sky network. So the problem is actually with RTE.

i doubt very much that anyone at sky has any idea what's going on - they'll just be saying what they think is going on. i hope the situation is that rte do have the rights and they've just ballsed up setting the restrictions. this has happened before - i recall an AIB Cup match that was blocked for part of a match until sanity prevailed...

sewa
6th-September-2010, 20:08
Anyone got the frequencies for tuning in BBC Alba?

Dave Cahill
6th-September-2010, 20:13
Astra 2A (28.2° East)
Transponder 13
Frequency: 11.95350 GHz
Horizontal polarisation
Symbol rate: 27.5 Mbaud
FEC2/3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/sat_frequencies.shtml

sewa
6th-September-2010, 20:26
Cheers DC. I assume thats Scottish commentary.

Dave Cahill
6th-September-2010, 20:34
Cheers DC. I assume thats Scottish
commentary.

yup. I don't know if they do an english language stream, but
it wouldn't be available as an 'other channel' anyway I guess.

sewa
6th-September-2010, 20:47
So there is no decent commentary for this weeks game anywhere?

Chrizzzie
7th-September-2010, 05:21
So there is no decent commentary for this weeks game anywhere?

How do you recall decent smileys/biggrin.gif

Eastender
7th-September-2010, 06:58
What I'm trying to find out is if it will be live on the BBCi
Player, based in the UK so wont have the territorial problems i
has trying to access the RTE player. Unless Scotland separates by Friday from England that is..

LLCOOLJ14
7th-September-2010, 07:34
The Leinster game last Fri night wa son bbc alba...bbc alba also streamed that on the iplayer online, and direct on the website too, I got the iplayer link from the alba homepage...

kooga made for rugby
7th-September-2010, 07:48
Edinburgh V Munster is on TG4 this friday as well as BBC Alba.

Eastender
7th-September-2010, 08:00
The Leinster game last Fri night wa son
bbc alba...bbc alba also streamed that on the iplayer online,
and direct on the website too, I got the iplayer link from the
alba homepage...
great thanks, i couldn't access the TG4 or RTE players last
weekend (from the UK). despite downloading TOR.

LLCOOLJ14
7th-September-2010, 08:12
The Leinster game last Fri night wa son
bbc alba...bbc alba also streamed that on the iplayer online,
and direct on the website too, I got the iplayer link from the
alba homepage...
great thanks, i couldn't access the TG4 or RTE players last
weekend (from the UK). despite downloading TOR.

no worries-if your Ldn based I could send you on venues all overthe citythat have Irish skyboxes and show the games live (handy for the non Ulster inter-pro weekends which will be on Irish tv only)

Talking Sense
7th-September-2010, 09:20
If I miss the game on Fri, is there anywhere I can watch it
online on Fri night or Sat? Ie does TG4 have something similar
to rte player which shows the games that were live the
previous day.

Munsterboy
7th-September-2010, 09:50
TG4 do have a player but they haven't put up the game from
last weekend, suggesting they may not do so this weekend
either. smileys/sad.gif

kooga made for rugby
7th-September-2010, 11:05
previous day.

I know setanta show deferred coverage of the games at the weekend, so next fridays night match will be on at friday midnight on setanta ireland

Bosco
7th-September-2010, 11:15
TG4 will have the game up on the player this weekend, the reason the last game isn't up is due to technical diffiulties, i think someone forgot to Sky+ it

Red October
7th-September-2010, 11:28
Memo to Mr. Mark McDermott:

If you persist with your inane attempts to strengthen your
sports punditry career by somehow adding to 'Brand
McDermott' by creating a catchphrase which will become
synonymous with your good self; please try the following:

"Oh look. A score. I'll STFU now so ye can watch the
replay".

If I hear you utter "T-R-Y-time" one more time, I will track
you down and you will never leave the OBU truck alive.

You gom.

paki
7th-September-2010, 11:40

If you persist with your inane attempts to strengthen your
sports punditry career by somehow adding to 'Brand
McDermott' by creating a catchphrase which will become
synonymous with your good self; please try the following:

"Oh look. A score. I'll STFU now so ye can watch the
replay".

You gom. smileys/thumb-up.gif

beanflick
7th-September-2010, 12:57
Lads does anyone have a link to the munster tries last weekend. cant access rte player as i am not in ireland ?

buck65
7th-September-2010, 13:18
W-H-Y?

Hugonaut
7th-September-2010, 13:27

You gom.

I wasn't really paying any attention to him - did he do that "T-R-Y" sh¡t more than once?

LeakyBoots
7th-September-2010, 13:41
Lads does anyone have a link to the munster tries last weekend. cant access rte player as i am not in ireland ?

Just throw Munster Aironi into youtube, a few options there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEz34T_tvBs

i_like_cake
7th-September-2010, 13:46
Nice to see those tries again... That Aironi try was a thing of beauty... pity Dowling couldn't catch them though....
Dougie's wrap around break was lovely to see.. we had a few pints raised in the pub for that one....

Mebawsa Ritchie
7th-September-2010, 13:49
Stringer clearing out at ruck time was great!smileys/thumb-up.gif

bomahony
8th-September-2010, 13:52

previous day.

Can download the matches on acrossthetasman.com after the fact.... [I missed last weekends matches, and got them]

Talking Sense
8th-September-2010, 13:56
Thanks Kooga and BOM for the tips!

spud686
8th-September-2010, 17:16

You gom.

I wasn't really paying any attention to him - did he do that "T-R-Y" sh¡t more than once?

Once was enough, couldn't believe what I heard, will mute the TV the next time I see him. Can't be dealing with that sort of rubbish.

Waterfordlad
8th-September-2010, 21:20
Yeah was a definite low point in otherwise good commentary IMHO

rathbaner
10th-September-2010, 05:23
BBC 10 September 2010 Last updated at 06:48 GMT

S4C given month to prepare financial plan</span>

S4C has endured a troubled period with the sudden departure of chief executive Iona Jones
S4C has been told by the UK government it has one month to prepare its financial plan for the future, the station says.

The Welsh language TV channel said the deadline had been issued during a meeting on Thursday with the Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).

A number of public bodies have met the DCMS, said the broadcaster, and the timetable was the same for them all.

More meetings are expected to be held during the upcoming weeks, it said.

The broadcaster has had a turbulent summer.

-The station, which is reportedly facing cuts of 25% in its £100m budget over four years, saw its chief executive of five years, Iona Jones, leave unexpectedly in July.
After the appointment of interim chief executive Arwel Ellis Owen, chairman John Walter Jones announced major changes in the way the station would be run.

The S4C Authority has also asked former Welsh Assembly Government permanent secretary Sir Jon Shortridge to carry out a review of the way the channel is run over six weeks.

plastic
10th-September-2010, 05:28
Thats not good news but assume that BBC Wales would take on any ML games that fell by the wayside.

MunsterLux
10th-September-2010, 16:26
Not sure what TG4 are doing with the signal, but it looks
better on BBC Alba. Just flicking between the 2 and Alba has
more detail and better colours. Just in case anyone was
interested smileys/smile.gif

busbi
25th-September-2010, 12:17
Geroge Hook on newstalk just described Edinbugh as one of the worst teams in the Magners, and Glasgow (semi finalists last season) as the worst team in it.This is RTE's primary pundit. The next time he talks about public sector waste it should be pointed out to him that he's the number on example of it.

canine
25th-September-2010, 13:35
Dont let Hook upset you ,he knows as we do that he constantly contradicts himself ,hes trying his best to be a shock jock but just does,nt have the knowledge nor intelligence to carry it off

Native Land
26th-September-2010, 07:27
Of course i am a hedon and watched the Connaught match on
BBC2 last evening my irish does not stretch to the TG4 level.
Thought Bradley was good addition to their panel.

Was their post match analysis on TG4 btw? forgot to check

lawrence
26th-September-2010, 09:00
is there any chance RTE or TG4 would put together a highlights show for the ML? f**ked if im watching all of an ospreys arioni game but it would be nice to see the highlights

Tobyglen
26th-September-2010, 09:05
Geroge Hook on newstalk just described Edinbugh as one of the worst teams in the Magners</span>, and Glasgow (semi finalists last season) as the worst team in it.This is RTE's primary pundit. The next time he talks about public sector waste it should be pointed out to him that he's the number on example of it.
Clueless, time to get a decent analyst in for Magners league games.

Blindsider.
26th-September-2010, 09:19

[Pedant alert] ....it's Connacht.

I thought he looked very uncomfortable. I could almost hear him thinking 'Why didn't this happen in my time? What has Elwood got that I don't?' (Apart from 1 yr contracts!!)

Looks like he's not in contention for much in the way of coaching - wasn't Georgia, short-term, mentioned here recently?

Mcork
26th-September-2010, 09:38

I thought he looked very uncomfortable. I could almost hear him thinking 'Why didn't this happen in my time? What has Elwood got that I don't?' (Apart from 1 yr contracts!!)

Looks like he's not in contention for much in the way of coaching - wasn't Georgia, short-term, mentioned here recently?

I would have thought that it is obvious to all by now (&amp; most of all to himself) that he just isn't cut out for coaching (or at least being head coach).

Chrizzzie
26th-September-2010, 10:09

In fairness Connacht is showing the form they had at the end of last season.

I think Bradley much more feels their current form is a heritage of his affords.

Blindsider.
26th-September-2010, 11:34
Chrizzie - I don't want to appear as being anti-Bradley. I do want to appear to be pro-'whatever's best for Connacht' (and by default Irish rugby.)

Bradley had 6 full seasons in charge - some of those in the good time economically. Elwood has one hand tied behind his back (1 yr contracts and no cash) and so far seems to be getting excellent results (I know it's early days yet.)

I just don't think Bradley is a coach - he has no great successes to speak of (open to correction) and some of the rumours from Connacht last yr were none too positive.

Best of luck to Bradley whatever he does.

shk7619
26th-September-2010, 13:25
highlights of glasgow munster on stv at 22:45.smileys/smile.gif

STV: Astra 28.2 10906 V22000 5/6.

i_like_cake
22nd-November-2010, 12:32
I was just on the Magners league website, looking at the Munster Scarlets report, and at the top of the page, they have a match tracker. As you go over the match-tracker squares, it reveals the picture of who the tracker refers to...

i thought it was a noteworthy application...

well done magners...

I presume it is on other such match tracker websites...

lahinch_lass
22nd-November-2010, 17:15
I was just on the Magners league website, looking at the Munster Scarlets report, and at the top of the page, they have a match tracker. As you go over the match-tracker squares, it reveals the picture of who the tracker refers to...

i thought it was a noteworthy application...

well done magners...

I presume it is on other such match tracker websites...

that's been in place for a while now, ever since they re-did the website last season I think.

rathbaner
26th-November-2010, 11:30
Any video of the Scarlets game at Muzzer online?

Sian24
29th-November-2010, 11:01
Magners League meeting today in Heathrow to discuss who's broadcasting whichmatches from Round 13-18.

galinka
30th-November-2010, 11:36
we seem to have TG4 monopoly!