PDA

View Full Version : Adidas’ commitment to Munster

LondonMunster
7th-July-2010, 08:42
http://catalogue.adidas.com/catalogue/com/products/?keywords (http://catalogue.adidas.com/catalogue/com/products/?keywords=munster+rugby) =munster+rugby

What worries me more is whether the Branch has even noticed or cares.

RobbieG
7th-July-2010, 08:44
Who are Adidas?

ruckinhell
7th-July-2010, 09:00
Given that if you search for the word "Rugby" you get only 3 items I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Mebawsa Ritchie
7th-July-2010, 09:03
Given that if you search for the word "Rugby" you get only 3 items I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Adidas don't sell Munster stuff directly to the public.

ruckinhell
7th-July-2010, 09:10

Well I'm not privy to the commercial agreement between Adidas and Munster Rugby but I would have thought that the most profitable arrangement for Munster would be to sell as many items as possible through the Munster Rugby commercial outlets, thus gaining benefit of a retailer markup plus whatever overallsponsorship deal they have negotiated with Adidas.

I don't see what the issue with this is other then another Munster fan looking for an excuse to take offense at a perceived slight. Regardless of the increasingly guady nature of their garments Adidas have offered Munster rugby far better financial renumeration for wearing their jerseysthen any other competitor and this is the bottom line IMO.

Mebawsa Ritchie
7th-July-2010, 09:33

Well I'm not privy to the commercial agreement between Adidas and Munster Rugby but I would have thought that the most profitable arrangement for Munster would be to sell as many items as possible through the Munster Rugby commercial outlets, thus gaining benefit of a retailer markup plus whatever overallsponsorship deal they have negotiated with Adidas.

I don't see what the issue with this is other then another Munster fan looking for an excuse to take offense at a perceived slight. Regardless of the increasingly guady nature of their garments Adidas have offered Munster rugby far better financial renumeration for wearing their jerseysthen any other competitor and this is the bottom line IMO.

I was actually agreeing with you - never mind.

ruckinhell
7th-July-2010, 09:43

Slow day.

Is Warwick eligible to play for Ireland?

LLCOOLJ14
7th-July-2010, 09:59

They do(or did last year) in at least 2 of their London stores- had jerseys and match shorts...

Mebawsa Ritchie
7th-July-2010, 10:03

They do(or did last year) in at least 2 of their London stores- had jerseys and match shorts...

PG planted them smileys/wink.gif

handslikefeet
7th-July-2010, 10:29

Slow day.

There was definitely SOME rumour going around...

Danno
7th-July-2010, 11:56
<a href="http://catalogue.adidas.com/catalogue/com/products/?
<br / target="_blank">keywords=munster+rugby">
http://catalogue.adidas.com/catalogue/com/products/?
keywords =munster+rugby</a>What worries me more is
whether the Branch has even noticed or cares.

Link dont work

Duffman
7th-July-2010, 12:48
<a href="http://catalogue.adidas.com/catalogue/com/products/?%0D%3Cbr%20/%20target=" _blank="" target="_blank">keywords=munster+rugby"&gt;

http://catalogue.adidas.com/catalogue/com/products/?

keywords =munster+rugby</a>What worries me more is

whether the Branch has even noticed or cares.

Link dont work

smileys/lol.gif

Clubman
7th-July-2010, 19:44

Slow day.

Was that the one about him getting his first cap when Ireland play in Killarney?

mahoney
8th-July-2010, 09:44

I also heard that Lomdon Irish had signed him up but Munster are confident they can hold onto him,I really hope so!!!

Slow day.

Was that the one about him getting his first cap when Ireland play in Killarney?