PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Got good News about Munster!!

Shadow_1
30th-June-2010, 21:17
Come on people, not all doom and gloom, any good news floating around, how did our new guys getting on since they arrived?

Munstermac
1st-July-2010, 03:56
Theyre fla'd tired from pre seaon and loads of injuries i heard smileys/wink.gif

scotscor
1st-July-2010, 04:09
Shadow, Munster will win the HEC next season. Look at teh guys who are effectively new signings for next season - POC, Flannery, Ryan, Buckley, De Preez, Horan, Varley, Murphy, Murphy, Leamy, Jones. Even Hurley, Dowling and Howlett missed the end of Last season.

My big wish is that TOL is given a chance at 15 next season. As a last line of defence he is worth a try a game, but his passing could easily cost us that. Play him at 15. He has the speed, the kicking game, handy enough pass when not bending down. If he can get the positioning together he would be ideal there,
And then we only have to worry about 10

mac22
1st-July-2010, 04:38
Would you prefer himover Warwick ? I'm amazed that with his service he's still SH , the ball goes high the ball goes low, compared to Strings brutal. Great at defence and for the breaks though.Kicks a bit too much imo

Downsouthdukin
1st-July-2010, 04:47
Shadow, Munster will win the HEC next
season. Look at teh guys who are effectively new signings
for next season - POC, Flannery, Ryan, Buckley, De Preez,
Horan, Varley, Murphy, Murphy, Leamy, Jones. Even
Hurley, Dowling and Howlett missed the end of Last
season.My big wish is that TOL is given a chance at 15 next
season. As a last line of defence he is worth a try a game,
but his passing could easily cost us that. Play him at 15. He
has the speed, the kicking game, handy enough pass when
not bending down. If he can get the positioning together he
would be ideal there,And then we only have to worry about

Id like to see him given a shot at 10 more often

scotscor
1st-July-2010, 04:59
Would you prefer himover Warwick ? I'm amazed that with his service he's still SH , the ball goes high the ball goes low, compared to Strings brutal. Great at defence and for the breaks though.Kicks a bit too much imo
I dont think we will win a HEC with Warwick at 15. He is too inconsistent, is not great at defence, great at counter attacking and for two dropgoals a season, but is not excllent under the high ball.
Is a very good 10 or even a 12 with deasy at 10

JoeyFantastic
1st-July-2010, 05:01
Hopefully Jones will be over his injury and able to be our fulltime
fullback, considering both O'leary and Stringer will miss the first rounds
of the ML, I hope Williams, Rowley or Murray can break into the squad
fultime. O'Leary has had a poor season, or reverted back to his usual
form, depending on your politics.

canine
1st-July-2010, 05:34
We have,nt lost a game in months

Mebawsa Ritchie
1st-July-2010, 05:46
My big wish is that TOL is given a chance at 15 next season. As a last line of defence he is worth a try a game, but his passing could easily cost us that. Play him at 15. He has the speed, the kicking game, handy enough pass when not bending down. If he can get the positioning together he would be ideal there,

"Williejoeism" is alive and well smileys/lol.gif

p.s. TOL is a grandslam winning 9, and a Lions selection in that position.

Point
1st-July-2010, 06:24

and still the wonder grew ...

Mebawsa Ritchie
1st-July-2010, 06:24

and still the wonder grew ...

smileys/biggrin.gif very wordy smileys/lol.gif

Old Dog
1st-July-2010, 06:48
Why is this thread in "Opposition and Other Clubs"?

And why have some Moderators contributed to this insanity? With such a blatant disregard for the protocols of this site, are they really fit to moderate the rest of us?

I demand action!

UPDATE - action has now been taken.

DONC
1st-July-2010, 07:47
Hopefully Jones will be over his injury and able to be our fulltime
fullback, considering both O'leary and Stringer will miss the first rounds
of the ML, I hope Williams, Rowley or Murray can break into the squad
fultime. O'Leary has had a poor season, or reverted back to his usual
form, depending on your politics.

+1 Looking forward very much to seeing Jones at FB, I hope he is fit and rearing to go.

For no apparent reason quietly confident over next season

123UCG
1st-July-2010, 07:54
As the great signer yazz said, the only way is up!

rathbaner
1st-July-2010, 08:47
Shadow, Munster will win the HEC next season. Look at teh guys who are effectively new signings for next season - POC, Flannery, Ryan, Buckley, De Preez, Horan, Varley, Murphy, Murphy, Leamy, Jones. Even Hurley, Dowling and Howlett missed the end of Last season.

That really is good news.

But in a RWC year I can't see us getting our Irish frontliners back for long enough to do real damage, though we might have ROG back a bit more for league games than we're used to. Is that good news?

busbi
1st-July-2010, 08:58
Shadow, Munster will win the HEC next season. Look at teh guys who are effectively new
signings for next season - POC, Flannery, Ryan, Buckley, De Preez, Horan, Varley, Murphy, Murphy,
Leamy, Jones. Even Hurley, Dowling and Howlett missed the end of Last season.
That really is good news.But in a RWC year I can't see us getting our Irish frontliners back for
long enough to do real damage, though we might have ROG back a bit more for league games than we're
used to. Is that good news?

Have you seen ROG in league games? He looks like he'd prefer to be shoveling horse s**t, and plays like it
too.

rathbaner
1st-July-2010, 10:51
Have you seen ROG in league games? He looks like he'd prefer to be shoveling horse s**t, and plays like it

too.

http://www.munsterfans.com//uploads/images/rathbaner/bob_newman.jpg
It has been my misfortune to do so. smileys/cry.gif

mac22
1st-July-2010, 11:07
to be fair Rog needs a spell on the side line for his own good, who has the balls ?

Tobyglen
1st-July-2010, 11:29
Great news, we didn't sign George Smith or a TH. So we have a dads army back row and a piss poor scrum for next season.

Bosco
1st-July-2010, 11:33
eh, we did sign a tight head

tickettout
1st-July-2010, 11:49
TOL for 15?

15 is a position where experience is crucial. I'd agree about Warwick not being the best but we have a ready made replacement in Felix.

If Felix gets a full season under his belt, Robnoxious will be lucky to make the w/c squad, mark my words.

Mack the Knife
1st-July-2010, 12:37
Price of pints will be reduced in TP next season, all LARGERS will be 3

Bosco
1st-July-2010, 12:48
Are SMALLERS 2?

Piggybui
1st-July-2010, 12:56
Either Kerry or Cork will win the All-Ireland foorball.

Danno
1st-July-2010, 12:58
Price of pints will be reduced in TP next season, all LARGERS will be 3 smileys/biggrin.gif

Munstermac
1st-July-2010, 13:03
Jeez lads your making it sound like Warwick is flakey , i dont agree i , i know he made a few bad decisions but i wouldnt go dropping him

Tobyglen
1st-July-2010, 13:09
Warwick at 10 and Jones at 15 would be good news. We need new blood in the team pronto!!

Danno
1st-July-2010, 13:11
Tis Earlsey's year boys

Shadow_1
1st-July-2010, 19:07
Great news, we didn't sign George Smith or a TH. So we have a dads army back row and a piss poor scrum for next season.

*** Removed *** IF you don't like what he writes, don't read it.

Thomond78
2nd-July-2010, 08:17
Great news, we didn't sign George Smith
or a TH. So we have a dads army back row and a piss poor
scrum for next season.

That would be the George Smith who's older than most of the
guys you're calling a Dad's Army back row, correct?

Quite.

bugler
2nd-July-2010, 08:29
George Smith is about to turn 30.

Quinny is about to turn 36. Wally is about to turn 34.

Almost unbelievably, George Smith is only 17 months or so older than Denis Leamy.

kooga made for rugby
2nd-July-2010, 08:52
our new prop <S&#079;NG>Peter Borlase</S&#079;NG> and centre <S&#079;NG>Sam Tuitupou</S&#079;NG> were up in wilton yesterday!

They must of opted to live in Cork.....good choice!

slatterg
2nd-July-2010, 08:54
i heard there is a new bck row being signed soon, i think he goes by the name harvey.......

kooga made for rugby
2nd-July-2010, 09:18
i heard there is a new bck row being signed soon, i think he goes by the name harvey.......

no its haskell

Tobyglen
2nd-July-2010, 09:58
George Smith is about to turn 30.

Quinny is about to turn 36. Wally is about to turn 34.

Almost unbelievably, George Smith is only 17 months or so older than Denis Leamy.

Amazing really how young he was when he made the breakthrough, he has 100+ caps aswell for Oz.

mtcmolloy
2nd-July-2010, 11:59
very excited about jones next season. I do believe TOL will soon find the form that made him unstoppable not 18 months ago.. In my mind then, I felt, among others, that he would be the lions test 9. He had a bad injury, and some bad injuries do take a longtime to recover from, both physically and mentally.

I'm hoping for big seasons also from IQ players gleeson, deasy, Dave Ryan.
We still have a world class pair of locks, and some possiblities in the back row with leamy, coughlan, wally still not yet over the hill.

One thing about ROG though.. you can slag him all you like, but I sometimes feel he respresents a lotof the heart of the team. There is a star quality about him.. games always seem more interesting when he's playing. Hard to explain. Maybe it's the face he gets when he's pissed.. or the pomp and chutzpah when he's on form, but, like wally, I feel we will miss him more than we realise when he is gone...

Downsouthdukin
2nd-July-2010, 21:30
very excited about jones next
season. I do believe TOL will soon find the form that made
him unstoppable not 18 months ago.. In my mind then, I
felt, among others, that he would be the lions test 9. He
had a bad injury, and some bad injuries do take a
long*time to recover from, both physically and
mentally.

I'm hoping for big seasons also from IQ players
gleeson, deasy, Dave Ryan. We still have a world class pair
of locks, and some possiblities in the back row with leamy,
coughlan, wally still not yet over the hill.

One thing about ROG though.. you can slag him all you
like, but I sometimes feel he respresents a lot*of the heart
of the team. There is a star quality about him.. games
always seem more interesting when he's playing. Hard to
explain. Maybe it's the face he gets when he's pissed.. or
the pomp and chutzpah when he's on form, but, like wally,
I feel we will miss him more than we realise when he is
gone...

i think our backrow next year fully fit will be 6. D Ryan 7.
Wally 8. Leamy

Munstermac
3rd-July-2010, 05:31
Is leams fully fit ?

JoeyFantastic
3rd-July-2010, 06:27
very excited about jones next season. I do
believe TOL will soon find the form that made him unstoppable not 18
months ago.. In my mind then, I felt, among others, that he would be
the lions test 9. He had a bad injury, and some bad injuries do take a
long*time to recover from, both physically and mentally.

You should apply your thinking on O'Leary to Jones, imo, it could be a
long way back for him.

JoeyFantastic
3rd-July-2010, 06:35
Jeez lads your making it sound like Warwick
is flakey , i dont agree i , i know he made a few bad decisions but i
wouldnt go dropping him

It's not that Warwick is flaky, it's that the things that work really well
against bad teams don't work at all against good ones. He's not a
fullback, in all the big games we've lost over the last two seasons,
Warwick has been caught out of position and it's been exploited, imo.
Obviously that's not the only reason we've lost, but it's a problem we
shouldn't have.

Again though, how many top level fullbacks have Munster produced
since the 1980's? Until we work out why Munster can't produce
players from 11 to 15 we're always going to rely on imports.

bazzyg
3rd-July-2010, 06:57
Warwick is fine at everything except he always makes at leastone stupid decision per game which costs points and sometimes games, maybe with the fit options next year it might focus him as last year there were no options.

rathbaner
3rd-July-2010, 07:59
One thing about ROG though.. you can slag him all you like, but I sometimes feel he respresents a lotof the heart of the team. There is a star quality about him.. games always seem more interesting when he's playing. Hard to explain. Maybe it's the face he gets when he's pissed.. or the pomp and chutzpah when he's on form, but, like wally, I feel we will miss him more than we realise when he is gone...

Great post.

He is an amazing character in the game, it's true, and you are always asking the question which ROG will turn out today. We'll all miss him, cos in spite of everything he's actually a top class player in spite of his physique.

Favourite bits
Those sublime touch finders that can turn a game on a sixpence that'd make you almost swoon,
the critical kick in lashing rain from an impossible angle or distance that have you apologising for every bad thought you ever had about him,

the snap flat pass that puts a runner into space that no one knew was there. Then come the interviews and he shoots from the lip and you know he's happy that he has found his form and is in the groove

And then he f**ks it all up by doing something entirely predictable.

He's possibly become a bigger player in the Munster legend than Axel. And that's saying something.

Pixie
5th-July-2010, 19:40
[QUOTE=canine]We have,nt lost a game in months[/QUOTE

smileys/lol.gif] http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/smileys/lol.gif

Terry Tibbs
5th-July-2010, 21:46
One thing about ROG though.. you can slag him all you like, but I sometimes feel he respresents a lotof the heart of the team. There is a star quality about him.. games always seem more interesting when he's playing. Hard to explain. Maybe it's the face he gets when he's pissed..

Like this one?

**** REMOVED ****

mtcmolloy
6th-July-2010, 07:08
another thing about rog i should mention is he's practically the sole reason my missus will go to a game with me....

kc73
8th-July-2010, 18:05
leams is fully fit and ready for action was talking to him yesterday at the jersey photoshoot....

soccer rules
8th-July-2010, 18:07
leams is fully fit and ready for action was talking to him yesterday at the jersey photoshoot....

i really hope he has a full, injury free season. he should be given a lot of game time at 6. a starting place for the rwc could well be his

Allez Les Rouges
8th-July-2010, 20:26

i really hope he has a full, injury free season. he should be given a lot of game time at 6. a starting place for the rwc could well be his

Great news! Leamy certainly gives it everything and he was missed in the 2009/2010 season. Recently saw again his try in 2008 HC Final and then I remembered what we were misiing in San Sebastian -- with all due respects to James Coughlan, Leamy has the experience and the guile.

scotscor
8th-July-2010, 21:06
First game of the season could see a very strong line up something like:
Big Pete, Fogarty, wian
POC Ryan
Quinnie Leamy POM
Williams Warwick
Sam T Earls
Dougie Jones Mafi

Ryan, SHerry, Nagle, Coughlan, Murray, Deasy, Hurley

Leaving Barry, Johne, Ian, and Tom G in the stands with half the national team to come back in a few more weeks.

Really hoping that our first choice HEC line up will see Leamy at 6 with possibly POM at 8

JoeyFantastic
8th-July-2010, 21:16
First game of the season could see a very strong
line up something like:Big Pete, Fogarty, wianPOC RyanQuinnie
Leamy POMWilliams WarwickSam T EarlsDougie Jones MafiRyan,
SHerry, Nagle, Coughlan, Murray, Deasy, HurleyLeaving Barry,
Johne, Ian, and Tom G in the stands with half the national team to
come back in a few more weeks.Really hoping that our first choice
HEC line up will see Leamy at 6 with possibly POM at 8

Big Pete is a tighthead and won't be here til after the NPC, Du Preez
is the loosehead.

Hope Holland can get ahead of Quinny from the very off this year.

Firecracker
9th-July-2010, 06:55

Excellent news....

Tobyglen
9th-July-2010, 11:25
First game of the season could see a very strong line up something like:
Big Pete, Fogarty, wian
POC Ryan
Quinnie Leamy POM
Williams Warwick
Sam T Earls
Dougie Jones Mafi

Ryan, SHerry, Nagle, Coughlan, Murray, Deasy, Hurley

Leaving Barry, Johne, Ian, and Tom G in the stands with half the national team to come back in a few more weeks.

Really hoping that our first choice HEC line up will see Leamy at 6 with possibly POM at 8
POM has some way to go before he woll be starting 8 in HEC. Wally, Quinnie,Leamy, are still there.
Quinnie was only a 50/60 min player last season and I think this season he will have a lesser part to play.
Leamy, Wally, POM. We need fresh guys.