PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Cleaner Repairer

Irelandforever
18th-August-2009, 14:54
I have an electrolux z1150 which is not sucking up as good as it used to do. Does anyone know of a vacuum cleaner repairer in nenagh or limerick they could recommend and who would charge a fair amount to fix it?

18th-August-2009, 15:03
Disposable yokes.

p.s. Buy a new'un off Harry smileys/biggrin.gif

Harry
18th-August-2009, 17:01
There's nothing quite like waiting up all night in total excitement for the courier to come with a brand new vacuum cleaner, he recycles your old one for free then you open the box, see it for the first time and turn it on for the very first time and suddenly your home is clean again, spanking clean.

It's like the first time you had sex, you never forget it.

smileys/wink.gif

seanp
18th-August-2009, 17:07
I have an electrolux z1150 which is not sucking up as good as it used to do. Does anyone know of a vacuum cleaner repairer in nenagh or limerick they could recommend and who would charge a fair amount to fix it?

If it's still sucking take the bag out find the filters and give them a good cleaning.

boot?
18th-August-2009, 17:21
Glen Hansard will be in Ennis on Monday night if you can wait that long.

Ruck Savage
18th-August-2009, 19:55
I know one in Dublin - Carraig Hoover Centre in Monkstown. It is the
only one I know of left in Dublin but are very good.

There was a time that every town had an electrical repair shop but we
became too good for repairs and disposed of old and bought new.

taz
18th-August-2009, 19:57
Throw it in the bin,it will cost you more to fix than it would cost to replace it.

Irelandforever
18th-August-2009, 20:01
ive bought 3 vacuums over recent years and none of them were as good as the old electrolux-if it cost me 60 to fix it id say it would be better than paying for a new one!

ive cleaned the filters and replaced bag. the suction is actually fierce good until you screw in the tube so maybe a new tube would do it-i cant find any leaks or blockages in the tube

taz
18th-August-2009, 20:03
ive bought 3 vacuums over recent years and none of them were as good as the old electrolux-if it cost me 60 to fix it id say it would be better than paying for a new one!

ive cleaned the filters and replaced bag. the suction is actually fierce good until you screw in the tube so maybe a new tube would do it-i cant find any leaks or blockages in the tube

Buy a Miele ,it will last you years.

Edit: Universal hoses and heads are very reasonable,might be an idea alright.

Irelandforever
18th-August-2009, 20:22
perhaps theres a place in nenagh that can have a look and maybe fix it or sell me a new hose-will have a look on thursday. golden pages is useless

blackandwhite
19th-August-2009, 05:55
There's a place on Fox's Bow, I think it's the Vacuum Clinic or something like that. There used to be a place in The Roxboro Shopping Centre but no idea if it is still there.

Irelandforever
19th-August-2009, 08:47
fox's bow? where is that?

John123
19th-August-2009, 08:49

Don't mind Fox's Bow, I bought a quality Phillips one for a 100 off www.vacuum.ie . Delivered in double quick time, owner a big Munster fan. smileys/wink.gif

RobbieG
19th-August-2009, 08:53

3/4 way up, lane between William St & Roches St in Limerick, actually don't think shop is there any more. not sure though.

Mack the Knife
19th-August-2009, 09:01
3/4 way up, lane between William St & Roches St in Limerick, actually don't think shop is there any more. not sure though.

Between William Street and Thomas Street, nice laneway pity there no bars there anymore.

No. 16
19th-August-2009, 09:01
Check filter. Clean filter. Check hoses for holes. Check any motor air intakes for clogging. Not happy...Take it appart as far as you're comfortable to check for what are usually obvious and easily fixable problems having to do with airflow. (a stick lodged deep somewhere collects thread and dust and blocks suction - excessive cement dust can clog intakes deep).

I'm often taking apart the old dyson.

Still no joy? Buy a new one as suggested!

Irelandforever
19th-August-2009, 09:10

Don't mind Fox's Bow, I bought a quality Phillips one for a 100 off www.vacuum.ie . Delivered in double quick time, owner a big Munster fan. smileys/wink.gif

munsterfan! ..good i will go there then!

yes thanks robbie/mac i remember it now. it is a pretty little laneway if i remember