PDA

View Full Version : Departure Tax

rob717
7th-August-2009, 11:21
Apologies in advance if there is a thread on this already.

Just booked flights with Ryanair with free online booking and taxes. There was no mention of any taxes or charges aside from the booking charges and I was wondering will they eventually charge me for it or is it waved on the flights that have no extra charges.?

Mack the Knife
7th-August-2009, 11:26
A couple of bouncers from Athlone employed by the Lenihans will collect the money at the gate.

jmccoy
7th-August-2009, 11:48

Just booked flights with Ryanair with free online booking and taxes. There was no mention of any taxes or charges aside from the booking charges and I was wondering will they eventually charge me for it or is it waved on the flights that have no extra charges.?

Free online booking and taxes means just that "FREE". Mikey has been clever and now calls the tourist tax and online check in charge, although he often waves that too.

rob717
8th-August-2009, 21:35

Free online booking and taxes means just that "FREE". Mikey has been clever and now calls the tourist tax and online check in charge, although he often waves that too.

thanks a million glad to hear that were not being totally robbed!smileys/surprised.gif

kermit
8th-August-2009, 22:22
To be honest, 10 isn't that all that bad on a grand scale of things. I know I was chared the equivalent of US$50 in local curreny (in cash) upon check in leaving St Lucia 2 years ago.